PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will the Chiefs ever get another sack?

ILChief
12-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Jeez you think they'd pick up a fluke sack at some point. Gun must go.

beer bacon
12-07-2008, 05:43 PM
The QB will just slip and fall down at some point. That counts as a sack right?

Delano
12-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Ever? Yes.

LiL stumppy
12-07-2008, 05:49 PM

If one of our D players is smart enough to touch him

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 05:49 PM
OF course!

Herm will fix the defense, He as much said so...

beer bacon
12-07-2008, 05:57 PM
If one of our D players is smart enough to touch him

Uh oh...

KCwolf
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Gunther's welcome is worn out.....never more evident than today. New blood and ideas needed on D.....period. Yell all U want GC....nobody's listening.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Gunther's welcome is worn out.....never more evident than today. New blood and ideas needed on D.....period. Yell all U want GC....nobody's listening.

So you think the Cover 2 could be ran more effectively by another DC?

blueballs
12-07-2008, 06:05 PM
LJ can have Claythans
anytime he wants it

chiefs1111
12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
well,we got a little closer to getting one today

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2008, 06:07 PM
So you think the Cover 2 could be ran more effectively by another DC?

Yes. Ron Rivera.

No team runs a pure Tampa 2/Cover 2 anymore. At least, not successfully. The base defense can work if you run it like tampa does--they mix up a whole ton of different looks.

I'm wondering if Marinelli can get improvement out of this defense. My only concern is that a lot of the huge changes in Tampa's D have occurred over the past few seasons, so I'm not sure if Marinelli is aware of how much that defense has changed.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes. Ron Rivera.

No team runs a pure Tampa 2/Cover 2 anymore. At least, not successfully. The base defense can work if you run it like tampa does--they mix up a whole ton of different looks.

I'm wondering if Marinelli can get improvement out of this defense. My only concern is that a lot of the huge changes in Tampa's D have occurred over the past few seasons, so I'm not sure if Marinelli is aware of how much that defense has changed.

So with 2 weak to average safties, shit at LB and a DL that Herm has assembled (ROFL), you think Ron Rivera can come in and fix this mess Herm has created?

SoCalBronco
12-07-2008, 06:10 PM
LJ can have Claythans
anytime he wants it

It's funny because its true.

Rain Man
12-07-2008, 06:12 PM

We should start messing up the field before every game. Seriously.

Bwana
12-07-2008, 06:17 PM
well,we got a little closer to getting one today

Close is all good if you're tossing a hand grenade, but with a sack, not so much.

DeezNutz
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Sack of shit? Not until April.

Luke
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Back in the days when I played , shortly after the advent of face masks and no more leather helmets we were coached to tackle effectivly one must "wrap" the ball carrier up with your arms. Evidently that is no longer the preferred method of tackling.:shake:

dj56dt58
12-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I want a new D coordinator but at some point the players have to take responsibility

alanm
12-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes. Ron Rivera.

I swear you guys just throw names out there like these guys are going to drop everything and run to KC's rescue. Ain't happening. :shake:

thurman merman
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
that white guy with the tattoos almost got one in the end zone, but cuntler slipped right out of his hands. probably had vaseline on his jersey or something.

milkman
12-07-2008, 08:16 PM
that white guy with the tattoos almost got one in the end zone, but ****ler slipped right out of his hands. probably had vaseline on his jersey or something.

Actually, Babin never touched him.

He just ran right by him when Cutler stepped up.

TinyEvel
12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
My av says it all about this.

:shake:

kcfanintitanhell
12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I spent most of the game watching the DL, and it was horrendous-no spin moves, no stunts, nothing. It looked like some surreal version of ballroom dancing.
I would be thrilled to see a complete turnover of coaches on the defensive side of the ball.

DeezNutz
12-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I spent most of the game watching the DL, and it was horrendous-no spin moves, no stunts, nothing. It looked like some surreal version of ballroom dancing.
I would be thrilled to see a complete turnover of coaches on the defensive side of the ball.

Nope. All coaches coming back. We're all in this together. /Herm/

Seriously, this must, fucking must, be the dreaded vote of confidence. Certainly there isn't anyone dumb enough to look at this defensive productions and claim that he sees hope?!? Right?

Skip Towne
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Gunther just needs more time. All loser coaches say that.

morphius
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/sports-fan-paper-bag-head.jpg (http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/sports-fan-paper-bag-head.jpg)

At home games, lots..

DeezNutz
12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Of weed?

Fucking cheap bastards.

kcfanintitanhell
12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
We're all in this together. /Herm/

Then one can only hope that a large number of moving vans are parked outside the Arrowhead offices in early January.

DeezNutz
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Then one can only hope that a large number of moving vans are parked outside the Arrowhead offices in early January.

I hope so, too. But my post, in spite of the satire, wasn't complete bullshit. Herm actually said much the same thing earlier this week. All coaches to return. Hope this means that Clark (assuming he has a pair of balls, which is speculative at this point) cans them all.

Molitoth
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
F this defense.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
F this defense.

Indeed, and the coaches they rode in on.

milkman
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
F this defense.

Herman fucking Edwards and Cunther already Fed 'em.

thurman merman
12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
the chiefs defense is kind of good on first and second down, sometimes.

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I swear you guys just throw names out there like these guys are going to drop everything and run to KC's rescue. Ain't happening. :shake:

Rivera isn't a 3-4 d-coordinator and I am willing to bet he's not asked back as DC for the Chargers. In that case, he'll have to either get demoted back to LBs coach for San Diego or move to DC somewhere else. Rivera coached a Tampa 2 defense in Chicago, so KC is one of the most logical places for him to go.

Marinelli also coached a Tampa 2. He will be fired and he was the #1 coordinator on Herm's wish list when he was with the Jets.

I'm afraid it won't happen because Peterson or Herm will never get the balls to fire Gun. But if Gun is fired, these two guys will almost certainly be on the top of KC's list.

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
So with 2 weak to average safties, shit at LB and a DL that Herm has assembled (ROFL), you think Ron Rivera can come in and fix this mess Herm has created?

Reerun, a big part of being a coordinator is knowing what you can do with the talent you have and knowing what kind of talent you want to add to your vision. That's something Gun has never done. This is the same doofus who demanded the Chiefs sign Bell, Knight, Surtain, and Carlos Hall. And the same doofus who thought it would be a good idea to move Alfonso Boone from DT to DE and Hali from LDE and RDE. HOw can we trust a coordinator who has no idea how to evaluate players and consistently plays them out of position?

The Chiefs need to add a new players and the biggest nightmare would be fore Gun to be the guy deciding who those players are. First, coaches like Rivera and Marinelli would NEVER let the Chiefs play as sloppy as they have. Second, these guys would bring in the right kind of players, put them in the right spots, and then develop a scheme around their talents.

I'm also convinced that a major reason for the lack of success in the front 7 is coaching. I've seen Carr, Flowers, and Leggett playing like absolute studs, which means that Gibbs is doing his job. The fact that our front 7 has not suggests that Krumrie and Gun have no idea how to coach LBs and D-linemen. Gun: stop crashing your LBs in like morons running into a wall every single play. Krumrie: can you please teach your linemen that there's more to playing d-line than bullrushing?

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Reerun, a big part of being a coordinator is knowing what you can do with the talent you have and knowing what kind of talent you want to add to your vision.

Until we get a DC that will go tell Herm to fuck himself ala Gailey.. It doesnt matter who is on the field.. Right now Herms Cover 2 is failing, failing Hard, His draft choices on the DL are sucking ass, we have zero LB's to speak of and the only bright spot on the D is the Corners. Which is the ONLY thing Herm is decent at...

Until we get a HC that can draft and lead his coaches by example, we are pissing in the wind....

chiefsngop
12-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I doubt they keep the stat, but I'd be interested in knowing how many sacks have been recorded by a team playing prevent defense.

This Tampa 2, has evolved into nothing more than a fancy prevent defense.

So pressure & sacks are all but impossible unless you have a GREAT pass rushing front four.

Our front four ?............not so much.

chiefsngop
12-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Reerun, a big part of being a coordinator is knowing what you can do with the talent you have and knowing what kind of talent you want to add to your vision. That's something Gun has never done. This is the same doofus who demanded the Chiefs sign Bell, Knight, Surtain, and Carlos Hall. And the same doofus who thought it would be a good idea to move Alfonso Boone from DT to DE and Hali from LDE and RDE. HOw can we trust a coordinator who has no idea how to evaluate players and consistently plays them out of position?

The Chiefs need to add a new players and the biggest nightmare would be fore Gun to be the guy deciding who those players are. First, coaches like Rivera and Marinelli would NEVER let the Chiefs play as sloppy as they have. Second, these guys would bring in the right kind of players, put them in the right spots, and then develop a scheme around their talents.

I'm also convinced that a major reason for the lack of success in the front 7 is coaching. I've seen Carr, Flowers, and Leggett playing like absolute studs, which means that Gibbs is doing his job. The fact that our front 7 has not suggests that Krumrie and Gun have no idea how to coach LBs and D-linemen. Gun: stop crashing your LBs in like morons running into a wall every single play. Krumrie: can you please teach your linemen that there's more to playing d-line than bullrushing?

I'm a firm believer that all Dorsey needs is time to develop.

But it scares the hell out of me that he's playing under this Krumrie guy, who apparently flat out refuses to teach his guys the mandatory variations for pass rushing.