PDA

View Full Version : Football College Football Bowl Projections/Selections

KChiefs1
12-07-2008, 04:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3444571

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/12/07/bowl.projections/index.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bowls.htm

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Alamo Bowl
December 29
ESPN
7pm CT
NORTHWESTERN vs MISSOURI

</TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't normally jump to 'this team will kill that team', but if both end up playing Big 11 teams (Kansas is getting Minnesota or Wisconsin), Kansas and Missouri fans can be happy to know they have a great chance of slaughtering their bowl opponent.

kstater
12-07-2008, 05:52 PM
BCS show about to start on FOX, and ESPN starts at 7.

the Talking Can
12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
show on fox right now

kstater
12-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Penn State vs. USC in Rose bowl. Shocking.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM

USC will most likely win that one by 2 - 3 touchdowns...

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 06:02 PM

One awful matchup down....

Come on, Texas vs Alabama. Yeah, I'm dreaming... :(

Mecca
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM

They have to take that game so...

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
VT/Cincy in the Orange Bowl.

Man, the BCS sure knows how to set up exciting games.

the Talking Can
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
VT/Cinci in the orange bowl

that's so....exciting....

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
They have to take that game so...
/sarcasm

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 06:05 PM
They're just getting the garbage out of the way... now, Texas vs. Alabama....

Mecca
Well just saying most of those games are games they have to take whoever wins those conferences goes, the only choices come when a team is at large.

kstater
Well just saying most of those games are games they have to take whoever wins those conferences goes, the only choices come when a team is at large.

I did not know that, I'm just a dummy when it comes to CFB I guess.

Buck
12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
If Mizzou goes to the Alamo bowl, who is coming to the Holiday Bowl?

mikeyis4dcats.
12-07-2008, 06:07 PM
If Mizzou goes to the Alamo bowl, who is coming to the Holiday Bowl?

Texas or TT

Probably TT. Tejas will end up in Cotton

the Talking Can
2hrs to announce 6 games...yea commercials

kstater
Texas

:spock:

Mecca
I did not know that, I'm just a dummy when it comes to CFB I guess.

Then why are you complaining about boring bowl matchups when you should have known those were the matchups long before right now...

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Buckin', likely OSU

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Then why are you complaining about boring bowl matchups when you should have known those were the matchups long before right now...

I'm complaining about the BCS system.

chiefs1111
12-07-2008, 06:09 PM
2hrs to announce 6 games...yea commercials

Yeah,its so awesome,ain't it? lol

mikeyis4dcats.
12-07-2008, 06:10 PM
:spock:

actually, scratch that...they most likely will end up at at-large. Forgot about that.

Ultra Peanut
All of the stupid, stupid, stupid shit Memphis has done this year will be forgiven if they show up, play a complete game, and beat the hell out of USF.

Texas or TT

Probably TT. Tejas will end up in CottonTexas Tech is in the Cotton, and Texas will be in the Fiesta or Sugar.

Oklahoma State will play Oregon in what should be a really fun Holiday Bowl.

kstater
Texas or TT

Probably TT. Tejas will end up in Cotton

Not a chance in hell Texas doesn't get a BCS game.

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 06:11 PM

Because that's what we're all supposed to do during this time of year... bitch about the BCS. Spend all season watching some great regular season games, and it comes down to matchups between teams that have no business being there versus teams that could be playing a team they were fighting with for votes all season.

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Because that's what we're all supposed to do during this time of year... bitch about the BCS. Spend all season watching some great regular season games, and it comes down to matchups between teams that have no business being there versus teams that could be playing a team they were fighting with for votes all season.

This. I mean, how can the Presidents of the Conferences not see the good that would come from a playoff.

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Utah vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Go Utes.

the Talking Can
bama/utah???

Ultra Peanut
FUCK THE BCS

"Hey, you're undefeated, ranked ahead of Ohio State, took 40,000 fans to the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago, and have as many wins against top 30 teams as Ohio State does... but fuck that, we're taking Ohio State."

kstater
Ohio State vs Texas in the Fiesta Bowl

Boise State got robbed.

tk13
Well there's Ohio State... they're the final at-large team.

the Talking Can
12-07-2008, 06:15 PM
sweet

UT gets to beat down OSU

too bad the best teams can't play each other, they should play alabama or usc

chiefs1111
12-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I hope Ohio State gets blown out

Ultra Peanut
Texas is going to murder tOSU.

kstater

What else is new, it's a BCS game.

Spott
12-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I hope Ohio State gets blown out

That is a guarantee. OSU isn't in the same league as UT.

kstater
2008-09 bowl schedule

Date/time
(all ET) Bowl Site Conferences Prediction

Sat., Dec. 20
11 a.m.
EagleBank
Navy vs. Wake Forest

Sat., Dec. 20
2:30 p.m.
New Mexico
Colorado State vs. Fresno State

Sat., Dec. 20
4:30 p.m.
St. Petersburg
South Florida vs. Memphis

Sat., Dec. 20
8 p.m.
Las Vegas
Brigham Young vs. Arizona

Sun., Dec. 21
8 p.m.
New Orleans
Troy vs. Southern Miss

Tue., Dec. 23
8 p.m.
Poinsettia
TCU vs. Boise State

Wed., Dec. 24
8 p.m.
Hawaii
Notre Dame vs. Hawaii

Fri., Dec. 26
7:30 p.m.
Motor City
Central Michigan vs. Florida Atlantic

Sat., Dec. 27
1 p.m.
Meineke Car Care
North Carolina vs. West Virginia

Sat., Dec. 27
Champs Sports
Florida State vs. Wisconsin

Sat., Dec. 27
8 p.m.
Emerald
California vs. Miami (Fla.)

Sun., Dec. 28
8 p.m.
Northern Illinois vs. Louisiana Tech

Mon., Dec. 29
3 p.m.
Papajohns.com
N.C. State vs. Rutgers

Mon., Dec. 29
8 p.m.
Alamo
Missouri vs. Northwestern

Tue., Dec. 30
Humanitarian
Nevada vs. Maryland

Tue., Dec. 30
8 p.m.
Holiday
Oregon vs. Oklahoma State

Tue., Dec. 30
8 p.m.
Texas
Western Michigan vs. Rice

Wed., Dec. 31
12:30 p.m.
Armed Forces
Air Force vs. Houston

Wed., Dec. 31
2 p.m.
Sun
Oregon State vs. Pittsburgh

Wed., Dec. 31
3:30 p.m.
Music City
Boston College vs. Vanderbilt

Wed., Dec. 31
5:30 p.m.
Insight
Kansas vs. Minnesota

Wed., Dec. 31
7:30 p.m.
Chick-Fil-A
Georgia Tech vs. LSU

Thu., Jan. 1
11 a.m.
Outback
Iowa vs. South Carolina

Thu., Jan. 1
1 p.m.
Capital One
Michigan State vs. Georgia

Thu., Jan. 1
1 p.m.
Gator
Clemson vs. Nebraska

Thu., Jan. 1
5 p.m.
Rose
Southern California vs. Penn State

Thu., Jan. 1
8 p.m.
Orange
Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech

Fri., Jan. 2
2 p.m.
Cotton
Texas Tech vs. Mississippi

Fri., Jan. 2
5 p.m.
Liberty
East Carolina vs. Kentucky

Fri., Jan. 2
8:30 p.m.
Sugar
Alabama vs. Utah

Sat., Jan. 3
noon
International
Connecticut vs. Buffalo

Mon., Jan. 5
8 p.m.
Fiesta
Texas vs. Ohio State

Tue., Jan. 6
8 p.m.
GMAC
Tulsa vs. Ball State

Thu., Jan. 8
8 p.m.
BCS title game
Oklahoma vs. Florida

Mecca
I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State won, the last time Texas was in this position they turned around and lost their bowl game.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Naming anything after Barry Switzer just shows how scummy a school OU is.

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, I wanted B12 South versus SEC most of the season, so at least the NC game will be good this year. The rest of it is f***ing ridiculous. I'd rather watch Boise State than either Big 10 abortion.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Just got word that we will be flying to the NC game to watch OU, and looks like I will be getting 3-4 days in Miami and going to the game...

God I love my Job!

the Talking Can
12-07-2008, 06:24 PM
what a shitty roster of bowl games

Spott
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Damn, the Gator Bowl shouldn't even be a New Year's game. The #6 Big 12 vs the #9 ACC shouldn't be included with the other games on Jan 1st.

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Poinsettia Bowl - TCU vs. Boise State, thats going to be a hell of a game

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Anybody know the payouts for each game?

They usually list that somewhere?

tk13
12-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I was gonna say, some of these mid-major bowls might be more exciting than a couple of the BCS ones. Boise is going to play TCU. Ball State is going to play Tulsa in the GMAC bowl, should be great games.

KChiefs1
12-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Damn, the Gator Bowl shouldn't even be a New Year's game. The #6 Big 12 vs the #7 ACC shouldn't be included with the other games on Jan 1st.

What has happened to New Year's Day? Iowa vs South Carolina?ROFL

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 06:34 PM

http://www.football-bowl.com/2008-bowl-games.html

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM

Thanks!

Damn the MU bowl game is worth more... Crap, I wanted to pick on MU fan...

KChiefs1
12-07-2008, 06:39 PM

Darth CarlSatan
12-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Ohio State vs Texas in the Fiesta Bowl

Boise State got robbed.

It sure is refreshing to see that the ol' Overrated State/BCS Jerk and Spurt is still choking the life out of interesting college football.

Yay.:rolleyes:

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Poinsettia Bowl - TCU vs. Boise State, thats going to be a hell of a gameYep, #9 vs. #11 should definitely be on December 23rd, while #13 vs. #19 is a fantastic prime time New Year's Day matchup.

morphius
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, it is good to see that yet again, USC doesn't have to travel to play a bowl game...

Mecca
12-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, it is good to see that yet again, USC doesn't have to travel to play a bowl game...

That's where the Rose Bowl is....what do you want to do play a bowl game in Ohio or something?

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
That's where the Rose Bowl is....what do you want to do play a bowl game in Ohio or something?

If it will help teach this part of the country how to play football, I'd actually prefer it.

morphius
12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm just saying, home game for every bowl game is a bit of an advantage. They could make you go to Florida or one of the other bowls, I mean they moved Ohio State up to play the number 3 college from the number 10 ranking...

Mecca
12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm just saying, home game for every bowl game is a bit of an advantage. They could make you go to Florida or one of the other bowls, I mean they moved Ohio State up to play the number 3 college from the number 10 ranking...

That's because they are at large...

The Pac 10 and Big 10 winners automatically play in the Rose Bowl unless they are going to the national championship game.

dirk digler
12-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I hate bowl games I think they are stupid but these are some really shitty games. It looks like Texas got screwed they should be playing against Florida. OK will get blown out probably by 2-3 TD's.

Darth CarlSatan
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I hate bowl games I think they are stupid but these are some really shitty games. It looks like Texas got screwed they should be playing against Florida. OK will get blown out probably by 2-3 TD's.

God we can only hope...

Guru
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Guess I wont' waste my time watching BCS games this year.

BWillie
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM

Truth is, nobody knows. Just like last year how everybody said Va Tech would beat KU by three TD's. Kansas won their BCS bowl game and then nobody nationally even gave them any credit...

Darth CarlSatan
12-07-2008, 07:51 PM

It really IS a pathetic pile of shit, ain't it? :spock::rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2008, 07:51 PM

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/12/07/bowl.projections/index.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bowls.htm

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td align="left">Alamo Bowl
December 29
ESPN
7pm CT
NORTHWESTERN vs MISSOURI

</td><td align="left"></td><td align="left"></td><td align="left"></td><td align="left"></td><td align="left"></td><td align="left">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

I'll be interested in that matchup, but Mizzou should win by 30 points.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 07:53 PM

I really hate the fact that so many SEC and PAC 10 teams, essentially get BCS games in their back yard. It is complete and total BS. I know the whole tradtion between the PAC10/BIG 10 and the Rose Bowl crap. I get it. But let's be honest here Mecca. USC is pretty much guaranteed the Rose Bowl at worst every year. Their conference is a fraud (yes I know the BIG 10 sucks as well) and they are really the only good (many times great) team year after year. It angers me because these games could be a tremendous economic boost for some towns that really need them (which in my eyes wouldn't include southern cal).

Take Ford Field in Detroit for instance (It's a Dome, so you southerners won't freeze.), you could play a BCS game there and it would help the local economy. People would still tune in (It's not like people are going to say, well I don't like watching inclimate destinations on TV) and watch the game. Sure, maybe the benefit to the local economy woulnd't be as big, because people are less likely to travel to Detroit in winter than to Southern Cal, but it would be better than nothing. I really cannot think of one rational reason not to have a BCS game in either the midwest or northeastern part of the country.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2008, 07:53 PM
This. I mean, how can the Presidents of the Conferences not see the good that would come from a playoff.

Because their pockets are lined by the bowl committees and the advertisers who pay for those games.

dirk digler
12-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Truth is, nobody knows. Just like last year how everybody said Va Tech would beat KU by three TD's. Kansas won their BCS bowl game and then nobody nationally even gave them any credit...

Well that is because they are Kansas :Poke:

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM

There is a very good chance of that happening. Texas is not only a better team, but they will be extra motivated to prove that they should be playing for the championship. Of course I hope the Buckeyes win, but this has disaster written all over it.

ohiobronco2
Because their pockets are lined by the bowl committees and the advertisers who pay for those games.

This

Darth CarlSatan
Well that is because they are Kansas :Poke:

ROFL

Speaking of which, VT is off to the races again. Where's my "Beamer Sucks"-buddy from posts gone by?

Yeah, ol Beamer REALLY sucks! Fucktard.

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I really hate the fact that so many SEC and PAC 10 teams, essentially get BCS games in their back yard. It is complete and total BS. I know the whole tradtion between the PAC10/BIG 10 and the Rose Bowl crap. I get it. But let's be honest here Mecca. USC is pretty much guaranteed the Rose Bowl at worst every year. Their conference is a fraud (yes I know the BIG 10 sucks as well) and they are really the only good (many times great) team year after year. It angers me because these games could be a tremendous economic boost for some towns that really need them (which in my eyes wouldn't include southern cal).

Take Ford Field in Detroit for instance (It's a Dome, so you southerners won't freeze.), you could play a BCS game there and it would help the local economy. People would still tune in (It's not like people are going to say, well I don't like watching inclimate destinations on TV) and watch the game. Sure, maybe the benefit to the local economy woulnd't be as big, because people are less likely to travel to Detroit in winter than to Southern Cal, but it would be better than nothing. I really cannot think of one rational reason not to have a BCS game in either the midwest or northeastern part of the country.

That's one reason I'd like to see a playoff... they could ship teams off to regionals like March Madness. There would be a lot more excitement, and the NCAA would get more money, because you would be adding games to the 84 current bowls.

because people are less likely to travel to Detroit under any circumstance, even if their children were all trapped in wells in Pontiac, than to Southern Cal, even if there was a big wildfire/mudslide/earthquake event next to the stadium

FYP

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 08:03 PM

They would still get their bowls and their ad money... and I don't know what other useless things the committees do besides picking the games, but they might as well be relieved of that duty because they aren't very good at it, and it's mostly pigeon-holing anyway.

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2008, 08:12 PM

People would much rather travel to Miami, LA, New Orleans or Glendale than some shit town.

Darth CarlSatan
12-07-2008, 08:15 PM
People would much rather travel to Miami, LA, New Orleans or Glendale than some shit town.

Hey, as long as we get to keep playing Bowl Games in "America's Ass Pit; Texas", what's to complain about?

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 08:31 PM

Not sure you using NO is a good example. I wasn't upset when OSU had to play LSU in NO last year, because I think anything that could be done to help the victims of Katrina would be a good thing. I'm sure they apprecitated all of those Buckeye dollars. But people do take issue with NO for a variety of reasons, I'm sure NO looks nice, but the immediate outskirts are probably still a mess, lets also not forget about the high crime rate and peoples religious/moral issues with the town. There are also problems with the other cities you listed when it comes to crime especially, but it doesn't really matter. I used Detroit, because it was just about the worst northern destination I could think of. High crime rate, high unemployment, and poor weather. However, there are a few promising destinations as well. Even having a game at Lucas Oil stadium, its a dome and the surrounding area is nice. Why not hold a BCS game in the Chicago area, they are being considered for the Olympics, so why aren't they good enough for the BCS. All I can say is you Western and Southern teams, don't want to play a game up north in the winter time and we both know why. Those gimicky, high powered passing attacks don't work to well at 30 degrees and in the snow.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2008, 08:31 PM
ROFL

Speaking of which, VT is off to the races again. Where's my "Beamer Sucks"-buddy from posts gone by?

Yeah, ol Beamer REALLY sucks! Fucktard.
http://i36.tinypic.com/x1zsw7.gif

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 08:34 PM

LOL.

Darth CarlSatan
12-07-2008, 08:36 PM

I knew it was coming, just couldn't wait to see who! ROFL

That WAS fuckin' hilarious...

BWillie
12-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Do you make these gifs or do you find them somewhere? I never understood where people got 'em

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Damn Beamer just got pwned!

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Not sure you using NO is a good example. I wasn't upset when OSU had to play LSU in NO last year, because I think anything that could be done to help the victims of Katrina would be a good thing. I'm sure they apprecitated all of those Buckeye dollars. But people do take issue with NO for a variety of reasons, I'm sure NO looks nice, but the immediate outskirts are probably still a mess, lets also not forget about the high crime rate and peoples religious/moral issues with the town. There are also problems with the other cities you listed when it comes to crime especially, but it doesn't really matter. I used Detroit, because it was just about the worst northern destination I could think of. High crime rate, high unemployment, and poor weather. However, there are a few promising destinations as well. Even having a game at Lucas Oil stadium, its a dome and the surrounding area is nice. Why not hold a BCS game in the Chicago area, they are being considered for the Olympics, so why aren't they good enough for the BCS. All I can say is you Western and Southern teams, don't want to play a game up north in the winter time and we both know why. Those gimicky, high powered passing attacks don't work to well at 30 degrees and in the snow.

Maybe because college football and its fans don't bear the responsibility of financing broken local economies? The cities that host annual bowls and work to put them on each year also rely on the income boost but go ahead and rob Peter to pay Paul.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Maybe because college football and its fans don't bear the responsibility of financing broken local economies? The cities that host annual bowls and work to put them on each year also rely on the income boost but go ahead and rob Peter to pay Paul.

I never said it was the responsiblity of college football and its fans to fix broken local economies, I just figure that it would be much more appreciated and more beneficial to those most in need. And I'd think the towns you listed above get more than enough tourist dollars to stay afloat. If those economies are struggling, I suggest trying to lure industry.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Do you make these gifs or do you find them somewhere? I never understood where people got 'emI just find them. From what I hear, there's something awful about the process of actually making them.

Coach
12-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Fuck Ohio Shitty and Fuck the Big Complete Shit.

Boise State continously keeps getting jobbed, even though it is not Boise State's fault that they're in the fucking WAC. But then again, the WAC > Big 10 any fucking way you want to fucking slice it.

All more of the fucking reason why the NCAA needs a fucking playoff system.

What a complete fucking disgrace. Ohio State over Boise State? One loss team, who got their fucking asses handed to them by USC, over a Boise State team, that did not lose a single game?

Fucking disgraceful. I fucking hope that Texas blow Ohio State the fuck out.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
**** Ohio Shitty and **** the Big Complete Shit.

Boise State continously keeps getting jobbed, even though it is not Boise State's fault that they're in the ****ing WAC. But then again, the WAC > Big 10 any ****ing way you want to ****ing slice it.

All more of the ****ing reason why the NCAA needs a ****ing playoff system.

What a complete ****ing disgrace. Ohio State over Boise State? One loss team, who got their ****ing asses handed to them by USC, over a Boise State team, that did not lose a single game?

****ing disgraceful. I ****ing hope that Texas blow Ohio State the **** out.

I'm guessing you really like Boise St. and want OSU to lose. :D

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 10:20 PM
**** Ohio Shitty and **** the Big Complete Shit.

Boise State continously keeps getting jobbed, even though it is not Boise State's fault that they're in the ****ing WAC. But then again, the WAC > Big 10 any ****ing way you want to ****ing slice it.

All more of the ****ing reason why the NCAA needs a ****ing playoff system.

What a complete ****ing disgrace. Ohio State over Boise State? One loss team, who got their ****ing asses handed to them by USC, over a Boise State team, that did not lose a single game?

****ing disgraceful. I ****ing hope that Texas blow Ohio State the **** out.

I like the enthusiasm.

Hopefully there weren't any kids in the room at the time.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
brb callin' the po-lice

Spott
12-08-2008, 04:28 AM
What a complete fucking disgrace. Ohio State over Boise State? One loss team, who got their fucking asses handed to them by USC, over a Boise State team, that did not lose a single game?

I'm probably adding a little fuel to your fire, but OSU lost 2 games(to USC & Penn St).

PhillyChiefFan
12-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Strength of schedule has always been a huge achilies heal in this system.

I really don't understand why they don't go to a playoff system, at least the top 8. Are they afraid of injuries or what?? The corporate sponsors can still sponsor the games themselves.

That way there wouldn't be any dispute over who won a NC. Currently, if your team doesn't have less than 2 losses you don't even stand a chance at a BCS bowl let alone a national championship.

Skip Towne
12-08-2008, 06:02 AM

Bet you do. They're free.

DaKCMan AP
12-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Currently, if your team doesn't have less than 2 losses you don't even stand a chance at a BCS bowl let alone a national championship.

So?

Ultra Peanut
12-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Currently, if your team doesn't have less than 2 losses you don't even stand a chance at a BCS bowl let alone a national championship.http://i36.tinypic.com/x1zsw7.gif

Delano
12-08-2008, 07:00 AM

That is unbelievably good stuff.

Old Dog
12-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I really don't understand why they don't go to a playoff system, at least the top 8.

Would that really fix it.....Isn't Boise St. #9? How does an undefeated team not even get into this mythical playoff?

Ultra Peanut
12-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Would that really fix it.....Isn't Boise St. #9? How does an undefeated team not even get into this mythical playoff?WHY DON'T YOU JOIN A BETTER CONFERENCE LOOOZERS, hurf de durf

Skip Towne
12-08-2008, 07:46 AM
WHY DON'T YOU JOIN A BETTER CONFERENCE LOOOZERS, hurf de durf

This.

ohiobronco2
12-08-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm probably adding a little fuel to your fire, but OSU lost 2 games(to USC & Penn St).

A little more fuel. Boise St has gone undefeated against sub par competition. Their opponents combined record is 64-81. Not terribly impressive.

Garcia Bronco
12-08-2008, 08:34 AM
That is unbelievably good stuff.

Frank smiles afterwards. It was amusing.

Ultra Peanut
12-08-2008, 09:33 AM
A little more fuel. Boise St has gone undefeated against sub par competition. Their opponents combined record is 64-81. Not terribly impressive.And yet, their best win (at #17 Oregon) is more impressive than Ohio State's best win (at #18 Michigan State).

Demonpenz
12-08-2008, 09:57 AM
I think there should be a playoff to see who wins it all

Skip Towne
12-08-2008, 10:06 AM
I think there should be a playoff to see who wins it all

That's a great idea! Why hasn't anybody thought of that?

Bearcat
12-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Would that really fix it.....Isn't Boise St. #9? How does an undefeated team not even get into this mythical playoff?

That's not the point... a playoff would give 8 teams a chance to win a NC instead of two. Teams will always be left out, so it's irrelevant. Besides, just like CBB, you can argue all you want about the the last team in, but you're just arguing about giving them a chance to win one game, just like you are now.. it's not like the 33rd at large (or whatver) in CBB or BSU or OSU would win a NC in the current BCS format or in a playoff. I think BSU should have gotten in and not OSU, but that argument will always exist.

Buck
12-08-2008, 10:37 AM
I can probably only afford to go to one of these games...

Pointsetta Bowl
TCU vs. Boise State

Holiday Bowl
Oklahoma State vs. Oregon

Not sure which one is more intriguing.

Frazod
12-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I can probably only afford to go to one of these games...

Pointsetta Bowl
TCU vs. Boise State

Holiday Bowl
Oklahoma State vs. Oregon

Not sure which one is more intriguing.

OSU v Oregon seems like a pretty good matchup.

crazycoffey
12-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm complaining about the BCS system.

don't worry, obama is on it....

jidar
12-08-2008, 10:58 AM
All of these games are terrible except OU/Florida

The entire Big 10 is an abortion of a football conference right now. Terrible, and that's who we have?

Texas and Ohio St. is a joke.
USC is going to demolish Penn St.

We could have had Texas/Bama/USC in any combination and it would be great, but we get to watch the Big Ten embarrass themselves again. Then next year their fanbase and the BCS will somehow have blocked out the mountain of evidence that the entire Big Ten sucks and we'll get the same shit. Never fails.

Pestilence
12-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Yay! Notre Dame gets to get killed by Hawaii.

Coach
12-08-2008, 11:23 AM

Fanfuckingtastic!

A 2 loss team, going to the BCS, over a zero loss team, who I might add, that I thought Boise was 1 point higer than OSU is in the BCS rankings.

Unfuckingbelieveable.

ohiobronco2
12-08-2008, 11:27 AM
And yet, their best win (at #17 Oregon) is more impressive than Ohio State's best win (at #18 Michigan State).

And yet we dominated number 18 Michigan State by 45-7 and Boise St won 37-32. Trust me, I am by no means an advocate of the current system. I think it sucks and my team has been the main beneficiary the last couple of years. Any OSU fan who knows anything about football, knows it sucks. Also, I went to Miami (OH) when Ben Roethlisberger was the QB and we were forced to play in a subpar game that year because we were from the MAC. I know what it is like to be on both sides of this. My point is that a case can be made against Boise St, much like one can be made against OSU.

Old Dog
12-08-2008, 12:56 PM
WHY DON'T YOU JOIN A BETTER CONFERENCE LOOOZERS, hurf de durf

Not a Boise St. fan, but it's odd to me that an undefeated team wouldn't get in to an eight team playoff (one of the more common "fixes") when a two loss OSU team would.

El Jefe
12-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Fan****ingtastic!

A 2 loss team, going to the BCS, over a zero loss team, who I might add, that I thought Boise was 1 point higer than OSU is in the BCS rankings.

Un****ingbelieveable.

Chill out dude. Do you honestly think Boise would give even a fight to Texas? OSU is better than Boise is, I'm not talking about who deserved to be there, I'm talking about who is better. Texas hasn't faced a defense ranked in the top 60 of the NCAA all year!! I will admit, the one team I did not want to play was Texas, they are very good this year. Our offensive line has sucked, and I hate to see what Orakpo is going to do to Boone if Boone doesn't have his head on right. I wanted to play Boise so we could kick the crap out of them, but then everyone would say "Oh well that's because it's Boise". I can't wait to see the Texas defenders when they get the meet and greet with Beanie in the hole, one on one. I think the key to the game is our defensive line, if they play like they did against PSU, we will win. If they can't get any pressure on McCoy, he will pick us apart. I think we have a good offense, but it's not good enough to match points with Texas that's for sure.

Old Dog
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
OSU is better than Boise is, I'm not talking about who deserved to be there, I'm talking about who is better.

I have watched only a few games by each of those teams this year, but I wouldn't neccessarily agree that OSU is better than BSU. IMHO the best game in that triangle would be OSU vs BSU. Neither is good enough to play with Texas.

El Jefe
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Not a Boise St. fan, but it's odd to me that an undefeated team wouldn't get in to an eight team playoff (one of the more common "fixes") when a two loss OSU team would.

It's because people believe Boise shouldn't be there because of their conference. People don't want to see the Hawaii vs Georgia games, and I honestly think that's what would happen if Boise played Texas. I think Texas got gipped too. I know what people will say, they are going to say "well OSU got their ass kicked twice", I'm not denying it, I'm just trying to give my opinion on the situation FWIW.

El Jefe
12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I have watched only a few games by each of those teams this year, but I wouldn't neccessarily agree that OSU is better than BSU. IMHO the best game in that triangle would be OSU vs BSU. Neither is good enough to play with Texas.

I wanted to play them. I think OSU is definetely better than Boise, they would have fun with our defense, and they would not be able to stop Beanie or Pryor. Our team is way more talented at every spot IMO. I'm not being a homer, but I think OSU can definetely play with Texas, but I agree it could get ugly. I hope we come to play.

Buck
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I think I'm more intrigued by TCU vs. Boise State than Oklahoma State vs. Oregon

Lzen
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Would somebody explain how the heck VT got a BCS bowl with 4 losses? How does that work?

El Jefe
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I think I'm more intrigued by TCU vs. Boise State than Oklahoma State vs. Oregon

Ok. State is fun to watch, Pettigrew is a beast.

El Jefe
12-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Would somebody explain how the heck VT got a BCS bowl with 4 losses? How does that work?

The BCS is so FUBAR it isn't even funny.

Lzen
12-08-2008, 03:09 PM
The BCS is so FUBAR it isn't even funny.

Yes, I realize that. But I just don't understand how VT got in a BCS game with 4 losses and a BCS ranking around......what, like 19 or 20?

El Jefe
12-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, I realize that. But I just don't understand how VT got in a BCS game with 4 losses and a BCS ranking around......what, like 19 or 20?

What I want to know is why they put poor Minnesota with Kansas. Minnesota is going to get banged like a salvation army drum.

kstater
12-08-2008, 03:16 PM

Because the mighty ACC gets an automatic bid for a champion with 3 conference losses, while a an undefeated Boise State plays in an "inferior" conference.

El Jefe
12-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Because the mighty ACC gets an automatic bid for a champion with 3 conference losses, while a an undefeated Boise State plays in an "inferior" conference.

:clap: I just said the same thing, it's the publics perception.

Ultra Peanut
12-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Because the mighty ACC gets an automatic bid for a champion with 3 conference losses, while a an undefeated Boise State plays in an "inferior" conference.W-w-w-w-well, Boise State wouldn't go undefeated in the ACC or Big East!!!!!!

(ps neither did their champions)

Coach
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Chill out dude. Do you honestly think Boise would give even a fight to Texas? OSU is better than Boise is, I'm not talking about who deserved to be there, I'm talking about who is better. Texas hasn't faced a defense ranked in the top 60 of the NCAA all year!! I will admit, the one team I did not want to play was Texas, they are very good this year. Our offensive line has sucked, and I hate to see what Orakpo is going to do to Boone if Boone doesn't have his head on right. I wanted to play Boise so we could kick the crap out of them, but then everyone would say "Oh well that's because it's Boise". I can't wait to see the Texas defenders when they get the meet and greet with Beanie in the hole, one on one. I think the key to the game is our defensive line, if they play like they did against PSU, we will win. If they can't get any pressure on McCoy, he will pick us apart. I think we have a good offense, but it's not good enough to match points with Texas that's for sure.

I wouldn't go as far as OSU being better than Boise is. Maybe on defense, but their philosophy on offense is nowhere close to Boise's offensive philosophy.

FWIW, Boise did beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. IMHO,Boise would at least put on a better show than Ohio State would.

And it's just injustice to Boise, that they went undefeated, only to get shafted, just becuase it's Ohio Fucking State, who has lost 2 games. FWIW, the Big 11 isn't exactly a "great" conference anyways.

OnTheWarpath58
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Is there ANY chance that if Florida was to narrowly beat OU, and Texas was to absolutely destroy Ohio State - that there would be a split championship?

Florida is #2 in both the Harris and USA Today, but Florida is ahead of them in the computer rankings?

If there's ANY chance, I'm rooting for it - just to further embarrass the fucktards who embrace this dumbass system.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Is there ANY chance that if Florida was to narrowly beat OU, and Texas was to absolutely destroy Ohio State - that there would be a split championship?

Florida is #2 in both the Harris and USA Today, but Florida is ahead of them in the computer rankings?

If there's ANY chance, I'm rooting for it - just to further embarrass the ****tards who embrace this dumbass system.

No - and here's why: The BCS is required to name the winner of the BCS National Championship game the #1 team. The Coaches Poll and Harris Poll voters are required to vote that winner #1. Florida is already #1 in the AP Poll and would not drop if they win - therefore all polls would have Florida #1.

Chiefnj2
12-09-2008, 07:47 AM
DaKC is correct. I don't think there is a "National Champion" anymore. You have a "BCS Champion" based on the title game.

Lzen
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
What I want to know is why they put poor Minnesota with Kansas. Minnesota is going to get banged like a salvation army drum.

I would be okay with that. :D

El Jefe
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
DaKC is correct. I don't think there is a "National Champion" anymore. You have a "BCS Champion" based on the title game.

This.

Lzen
12-09-2008, 09:37 AM
W-w-w-w-well, Boise State wouldn't go undefeated in the ACC or Big East!!!!!!

(ps neither did their champions)

Well, if we can all be honest here, you probably know that is true. Boise State would probably not be undefeated in the ACC or Big East. If they were in the Big 12 or SEC, they would probably have 3-5 losses, IMO. But the question remains, would Boise State be able to win a conference like the ACC or BE? If the answer is yes, then they deserve to be in the OB over VT. I am curious if anybody has a good strength of schedule rankings link. I think that would be interesting to see how BSU's compare to VT and some other teams.

Lzen
12-09-2008, 09:40 AM
FWIW, Boise did beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. IMHO,Boise would at least put on a better show than Ohio State would.

I really don't know what Boise State winning the Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago has to do with this year.

Coach
12-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I really don't know what Boise State winning the Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago has to do with this year.

Obviously you haven't watched that game. I know it was Oklahoma, but to me, Boise has thus far, shown me that they can play with the big boys.

I should also point out that Boise did beat Oregon, at their home, and that's the Oregon team that lit the shit out of Oregon St.

El Jefe
12-09-2008, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't go as far as OSU being better than Boise is. Maybe on defense, but their philosophy on offense is nowhere close to Boise's offensive philosophy.

And it's just injustice to Boise, that they went undefeated, only to get shafted, just becuase it's Ohio ****ing State, who has lost 2 games. FWIW, the Big 11 isn't exactly a "great" conference anyways.

I have watched Boise State, yes they are good, no they would not beat Ohio State. I'm not being a homer, I will tell you if I think Ohio State would loose to a certain team. This year is a weird year for OSU, we have looked great and then looked bad. Do I think Texas can beat us yes, I think Texas, USC, Florida, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech could easily beat us. Why, because our D-Line sucks, after we lost Lawerence Wilson we lost any shot at a pass rush, and even Lawerence wasn't doing anything great.

El Jefe
12-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Well, if we can all be honest here, you probably know that is true. Boise State would probably not be undefeated in the ACC or Big East. If they were in the Big 12 or SEC, they would probably have 3-5 losses, IMO. But the question remains, would Boise State be able to win a conference like the ACC or BE? If the answer is yes, then they deserve to be in the OB over VT. I am curious if anybody has a good strength of schedule rankings link. I think that would be interesting to see how BSU's compare to VT and some other teams.

I say no.

Swanman
12-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Here's my idea for an 8-team playoff:

Each BCS conference (except the Big East, they suck) champ gets in - SEC, PAC 10, Big 10leven, Big 12, ACC

2 teams will be chosen at large to be in the tourney

The final spot will be the result of a 4-team tournament between the champs of the WAC, Mountain West, Big East, and MAC.

It would add games, especially for the mid-major conferences, but it could be fun and would definitely give a much truer champion at the end.

El Jefe
12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Here's my idea for an 8-team playoff:

Each BCS conference (except the Big East, they suck) champ gets in - SEC, PAC 10, Big 10leven, Big 12, ACC

2 teams will be chosen at large to be in the tourney

The final spot will be the result of a 4-team tournament between the champs of the WAC, Mountain West, Big East, and MAC.

It would add games, especially for the mid-major conferences, but it could be fun and would definitely give a much truer champion at the end.

I think it's funny how everyone thinks it funny to call the Big 10, the Big 11. The Pac-10, Big East and I would even throw in the ACC as being worse football conferences than the Big 10. Michigan and Wisconsin and even Iowa laid some big eggs this year, which hurt the Big 10 overall.

Swanman
12-09-2008, 01:50 PM
I think it's funny how everyone thinks it funny to call the Big 10, the Big 11. The Pac-10, Big East and I would even throw in the ACC as being worse football conferences than the Big 10. Michigan and Wisconsin and even Iowa laid some big eggs this year, which hurt the Big 10 overall.

I'm a Big 10 guy, just felt like being witty. Actually, I typed in Big 10-leven but it changed it to Big 11, that's weird.

It's just been a weird rough year for the Big 10. Michigan is down, OSU had to face USC without their best player (not that they would have won, but it would have been closer), Illinois disappointed big-time (my team, rough season), etc. I'm not optimistic about the Big 10's bowl games, but who the hell knows.

El Jefe
12-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm a Big 10 guy, just felt like being witty. Actually, I typed in Big 10-leven but it changed it to Big 11, that's weird.

It's just been a weird rough year for the Big 10. Michigan is down, OSU had to face USC without their best player (not that they would have won, but it would have been closer), Illinois disappointed big-time (my team, rough season), etc. I'm not optimistic about the Big 10's bowl games, but who the hell knows.

Chalk up a loss for Northwestern, Minnesota, Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Iowa (I dont remember if they got in one). I'm not to thrilled about us playing Texas either.

Bearcat
12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I think it's funny how everyone thinks it funny to call the Big 10, the Big 11.

It's in the logo.

Bearcat
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
On Rome is Burning.... the arguments against a playoff are so f***ing ridiculous. A playoff is bad because it would be hard to know how many teams to include? Pick a number, and then people can argue about the last team in... just like now. Arguing OSU/BSU isn't an argument about deciding how many teams could win the NC, it's an argument of how many teams get in, just like now.

Idiots.

Swanman
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
[/B]

Chalk up a loss for Northwestern, Minnesota, Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Iowa (I dont remember if they got in one). I'm not to thrilled about us playing Texas either.

Iowa got the Outback, I think against South Carolina. They actually had a really good year for the expectations coming in.

Swanman
12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
On Rome is Burning.... the arguments against a playoff are so f***ing ridiculous. A playoff is bad because it would be hard to know how many teams to include? Pick a number, and then people can argue about the last team in... just like now. Arguing OSU/BSU isn't an argument about deciding how many teams could win the NC, it's an argument of how many teams get in, just like now.

Idiots.

Yup, arguing about the 4th vs. 5th team (in a 4-team playoff) or the 8th vs. 9th team (in an 8-team playoff) is light years different than the current 2 vs. 3 debate we have right now. The BCS method is theoretically better than the old system of just having every bowl game hold to its conference affiliations and to actually try to have a true national championship game, but the methods used to get there still leave tons of questions as to whether the right 2 teams were picked.

Ultra Peanut
12-09-2008, 04:46 PM
The proper nomenclature is Big Televen. The conference also has the best logo ever.

OtisJohnson
12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
[/B]

Not so sure I'dd chalk up a loss for Penn State just yet . USC is a great team but there is no better bowl coach then Paterno (unless its the one he is facing ) and I think the Nittany Lions are a little better this year then people think (Iowa disaster notwithstanding) . Time will tell I guess .....

Brock
12-09-2008, 04:49 PM
The top 4 teams could play each other in 3 games. Yeah, it's really complicated.

kstater
12-09-2008, 04:51 PM

No, The AP could vote a different national champion if they choosed to. While I think he's correct that assuming Florida won, the AP would still likely choose Florida, I don't think it's as clear cut as he makes it. In 2003 there was a split national championship. USC won the AP title, while LSU won the BCS title.

Midnight_Vulture
12-09-2008, 04:59 PM
My Trojans will rooooooll the Nittany pussycats.

Brock
12-09-2008, 05:00 PM

Are you another one of those guys who picked your team out of a phone book?

Pestilence
12-09-2008, 05:11 PM

No...he became a USC fan because he has a crush on Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2008, 05:20 PM
No, The AP could vote a different national champion if they choosed to. While I think he's correct that assuming Florida won, the AP would still likely choose Florida, I don't think it's as clear cut as he makes it. In 2003 there was a split national championship. USC won the AP title, while LSU won the BCS title.

The difference is that neither USC nor LSU were ranked #1 going into their bowl games. Florida is already #1. If they beat #2 Oklahoma they will not get jumped by Texas beating #10 and perennial bowl loser OSU.

In 2003 prior to the bowl games USC was #1 in the AP and Coaches poll. The coaches were contractually obligated to vote LSU #1 for winning the BCS Champ game while the AP kept USC at #1. Florida is already #1 in the AP so they would keep them there while the Coaches and Harris would be contractually obligated to vote them #1.

Bearcat
12-09-2008, 05:28 PM

If he picked a team that wasn't ranked high enough, he'd end up in shoeless conversations bragging to people about how his team was ranked this many.

Skip Towne
12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
He was a Georgia fan last month.

ChiefsCountry
12-09-2008, 06:39 PM
A 16 team playoff is what is needed. All 11 conference champions get an autobid, that way all the non-cartel conferences get a shot which they want, and then 5 at large bids. So basically you have the BCS bowl lineup plus all conference champions. Play the first round on campus, second round rotate it between Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando and one of the BCS bowl sites, semifinals at the BCS sites, and national championship at BCS site. So this year it would look like this:

First Round
16)Troy at 1)Oklahoma
9)Boise State at 8)Penn State
13)Virginia Tech at 4)Alabama
12)TCU at 5)USC
14)East Carolina at 3)Texas
11)Cincinnati at 6)Utah
15)Buffalo at 2)Florida
10)Ohio State at 7)Texas Tech

Second Round
Dallas
Atlanta
Phoenix
Orlando

Final Four
Pasadena
New Orleans

Championship
Miami

Mecca
12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Then they'd whine about the 7 win teams not getting to go to bowls...I know that sounds absurd but they would.

Swanman
12-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Then they'd whine about the 7 win teams not getting to go to bowls...I know that sounds absurd but they would.

You could still have the other bowls. Right now, only one bowl truly matters and the other 1,392,295.4 bowls don't matter. In a 16-team playoff, a whole bunch of bowls still wouldn't matter, but the 15 bowl games in the tourney would matter.

Swanman
12-09-2008, 07:55 PM
A 16 team playoff is what is needed. All 11 conference champions get an autobid, that way all the non-cartel conferences get a shot which they want, and then 5 at large bids. So basically you have the BCS bowl lineup plus all conference champions. Play the first round on campus, second round rotate it between Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando and one of the BCS bowl sites, semifinals at the BCS sites, and national championship at BCS site. So this year it would look like this:

First Round
16)Troy at 1)Oklahoma
12)TCU at 5)USC
11)Cincinnati at 6)Utah
15)Buffalo at 2)Florida

Second Round
Dallas
Atlanta
Phoenix
Orlando

Final Four
Pasadena
New Orleans

Championship
Miami

One problem with this plan. It makes WAY too much sense.

Bearcat
12-09-2008, 07:57 PM

First Round
16)Troy at 1)Oklahoma
12)TCU at 5)USC
11)Cincinnati at 6)Utah
15)Buffalo at 2)Florida

Second Round
Dallas
Atlanta
Phoenix
Orlando

Final Four
Pasadena
New Orleans

Championship
Miami

It's so obvious... keep the other bowls so the 6-6 teams still get their feel-good story, there's more excitement for the Boise State's of the world knowing if they go undefeated they at least get into the playoffs, the best teams get more home games, the NCAA and everyone else involved get more money.

It's mind boggling that some people are so afraid of change that they'll come up with any excuse possible to say a playoff is a bad idea. Eight, 12, 16 teams; give teams byes or home games or play at regionals... whatever, but anyone who can look at how OU got to the NC game over Texas and look at the other matchups this year and say everything is okay and that a playoff is a bad idea is certifiably insane or just f***ing stupid.

88TG88
12-09-2008, 08:15 PM

If you're going to the Rose Bowl let me know. I have got to meet you in person.

Lzen
12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
It's so obvious... keep the other bowls so the 6-6 teams still get their feel-good story, there's more excitement for the Boise State's of the world knowing if they go undefeated they at least get into the playoffs, the best teams get more home games, the NCAA and everyone else involved get more money.

It's mind boggling that some people are so afraid of change that they'll come up with any excuse possible to say a playoff is a bad idea. Eight, 12, 16 teams; give teams byes or home games or play at regionals... whatever, but anyone who can look at how OU got to the NC game over Texas and look at the other matchups this year and say everything is okay and that a playoff is a bad idea is certifiably insane or just f***ing stupid.

Well, for a school that is still trying to build up its football (such as KU) those bowl games mean a lot. That is an extra month or more to give the young players quality practice. It also helps in the recruiting, even if it is just a lower tier bowl.

That being said, you could just make all those lower tier bowls like the NIT is in basketball.

I am definitely for a playoff system. At this point, there is no logical reason for the schools or conferences or NCAA or whatever to be against this. To not have a playoff in football today is ludicrous.

Brock
12-10-2008, 10:15 AM

They can still do the minor bowls, nobody cares.

Cooter
12-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Four bowl games tomorrow. I can't wait. I am watching all of them.

EagleBank Bowl (Washington D.C.) : Wake Forest vs. Navy

New Mexico Bowl : Colorado State vs. Fresno State

magicJack St. Petersburg Bowl : Memphis vs. South Florida

Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl: BYU vs. Arizona