Kansas 41
Minnesota 28

Missouri 55
Northwestern 14

Oklahoma State 38
Oregon State 27

Mecca
12-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Your predictions amuse me....especially the Rose Bowl one.

David.
12-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I would never bet on OU in a bowl game.

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:43 PM
You think Penn State stays with in 3 TD's of USC? Probably be the biggest spread ever for a BCS game.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I wonder if he's aware that USC only allowed 11 TD's for the entire season.

TrickyNicky
12-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Texas Tech and Ole Miss should be fun to watch. Miss' QB is one to watch. He looked great against LSU.

tk13
I don't know, maybe I'm crazy... I don't think Penn State will win but I don't think it is the mismatch Illinois was last year.

JASONSAUTO
i guess you should change the thread name to "Everyone bash my picks"

Mecca
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't know, maybe I'm crazy... I don't think Penn State will win but I don't think it is the mismatch Illinois was last year.

Penn State is just a really boring team but I think you have to factor in USC's bowl history under Carroll and what happened when SC played Ohio State considering how close the OSU/PSU game was.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
It would be nice of the NCAA would create a +1 game for this year.

Texas ( Is their any doubt they wont win?) plays the winner of the OU/Florida game.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
It would be nice of the NCAA would create a +1 game for this year.

Texas ( Is their any doubt they wont win?) plays the winner of the OU/Florida game.

What would all the other 1 loss teams say? A +1 would just leave more people pissed off this year..

Also lets remember the last time Texas campaigned for the championship game and didn't get it they turned around and lost to a lesser opponent in their bowl...

tk13
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Penn State is just a really boring team but I think you have to factor in USC's bowl history under Carroll and what happened when SC played Ohio State considering how close the OSU/PSU game was.
Eh, I think you're overthinking it then. I think Penn State will have a tough time because it's basically a road game. But I really think if you made USC go play at Penn State, they could win, but they wouldn't go in there and win by 5 TD's and blow them off the map. Maybe I'm wrong though, I think Penn State is hard to read because the rest of the conference stinks, I don't think they're quite the choke artists OSU has been. Disregard all of this when USC wins 56-0.

JASONSAUTO
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
What would all the other 1 loss teams say? A +1 would just leave more people pissed off this year..

Also lets remember the last time Texas campaigned for the championship game and didn't get it they turned around and lost to a lesser opponent in their bowl...

who has the "best" loss?

Mecca
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
who has the "best" loss?

Why does a team that isn't it's conference champion deserve to play for a title?

StcChief
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
irrelevant until a playoff system is inplace.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Why does a team that isn't it's conference champion deserve to play for a title?

But yet that team beat the Conference Champion....Sigh....

Its all so confusing..

Mecca
12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
But yet that team beat the Conference Champion....Sigh....

Its all so confusing..

It's all screwy but I will say I think you should have to win your conference to have the right to play for the national title.

POND_OF_RED
12-07-2008, 06:56 PM

Texas is the only other 1 loss team that has played consistently well enough to have a chance. They have quality victories over top teams and there only loss came to a top 10 team. What other one loss teams can say that?

Reerun_KC
As long as KU wins, the rest is meh...

Mecca
Texas is the only other 1 loss team that has played consistently well enough to have a chance. They have quality victories over top teams and there only loss came to a top 10 team. What other one loss teams can say that?

Alabama?

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-07-2008, 06:57 PM
It's all screwy but I will say I think you should have to win your conference to have the right to play for the national title.

This is just another case where a CCG screws someone, Texas would've won the conference by Pac-10 or Big 10 standards. The CCGs are a fucking joke.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Alabama?

True.

Yesterdays SEC Championship was basically a 1st round playoff game.

The NCAA just needs to finish it off.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Any of the top 5 teams can lay claim that they deserve the right to play for the championship this year..

JASONSAUTO
12-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Any of the top 5 teams can lay claim that they deserve the right to play for the championship this year..

how so? make your case

Mecca
12-07-2008, 07:01 PM
how so? make your case

They all have 1 loss....3 of the 5 won their conference....a couple of them have looked dominant coming down the stretch...

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 07:01 PM

There have been a couple of surprises the past few years with Big 10 teams... Michigan beating Florida last year, and iirc Texas almost lost to Iowa a couple of years ago. Those types of games are the only thing keeping me from saying every Big 10 team except Iowa (who plays South Carolina) is going to lose their bowl game by 3+ touchdowns. And I think the top 4 could be looking at 5+ touchdown blowouts.

I want to be rational about it, but gawd they're bad. If it wasn't for a fumble and a 38 yard touchdown drive in the 4th quarter, PSU and OSU could still be playing, tied 6-6. Michigan State lost to OSU and PSU by a combined score of 94-25. Wisconsin beat Cal-Poly at home in OT because Cal-Poly missed THREE extra points, which you might be able to overlook if it was played in September and not three weekends ago.

I might be overrating their bowl opponents, but I'm not so sure I'm underrating the Big 10.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Penn State has a good defense so I don't think they'll get blown out but I have a hard time seeing them putting up more than 10-14 points.

DJay23
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Eh, I think you're overthinking it then. I think Penn State will have a tough time because it's basically a road game. But I really think if you made USC go play at Penn State, they could win, but they wouldn't go in there and win by 5 TD's and blow them off the map. Maybe I'm wrong though, I think Penn State is hard to read because the rest of the conference stinks, I don't think they're quite the choke artists OSU has been. Disregard all of this when USC wins 56-0.

Lets follow the logic:
USC blows out Ohio State @ USC
Penn State eeks past Ohio State @ Ohio State

Conclusion: USC handles PSU easily

PSU blows out Oregon State @ PSU
Oregon State eeks past USC @ Oregon State

Conclusion: ?

Mecca
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Lets follow the logic:
USC blows out Ohio State @ USC
Penn State eeks past Ohio State @ Ohio State

Conclusion: USC handles PSU easily

PSU blows out Oregon State @ PSU
Oregon State eeks past USC @ Oregon State

Conclusion: ?

You missed that part about the bowl record of Pete Carroll and what usually happens when he has that long to prepare for someone....

JASONSAUTO
12-07-2008, 07:06 PM
They all have 1 loss....3 of the 5 won their conference....a couple of them have looked dominant coming down the stretch...

alabama
oklahoma
florida
texas
no one else belongs here. usc lost to an unranked team, AND didnt win their conference championship, the only top 5 team to boast that

Mecca
12-07-2008, 07:07 PM
USC won their conference....Florida also lost to an unranked team lets not blow past facts here.

JASONSAUTO
12-07-2008, 07:08 PM
USC won their conference....Florida also lost to an unranked team lets not blow past facts here.

ok sorry usc won their conference, but who did they actually beat make a case

Spott
12-07-2008, 07:08 PM
alabama
oklahoma
florida
texas
no one else belongs here. usc lost to an unranked team, AND didnt win their conference championship, the only top 5 team to boast that

UF also lost at home to an unranked team and USC did win the Pac 10.

JASONSAUTO
12-07-2008, 07:09 PM
usc backed into the pac 10 champ right? does that count mecca?

tk13
12-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I never said the Big 10 was any good. I said I think it's hard to rate how Penn State is because the Big 10 sucks. Like I said before I don't put a ton of stock into the "this team beat that team" thing... but if you wanted to play it that way, Penn State beat the living daylights out of Oregon State, the only team to beat USC. I don't think that's gonna equate a Penn State win, but everyone's using the Ohio State game to judge them, why not the Oregon State game? Penn State has done well the last few years in bowl games... and they haven't been the choke artists OSU have been. That is all I said, I don't think it's outrageous.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Atleast USC lost on the road.....Florida dropped theirs at home....in the ranking Oregon State and Ole Miss are ranked in basically the same spot swapping spots in each poll they are 23 24 or 25 in the 3 polls.

DJay23
You missed that part about the bowl record of Pete Carroll and what usually happens when he has that long to prepare for someone....

So I guess the name Joe Paterno means nothing to you big headed USC types.

JASONSAUTO
i'm just fucking with you mecca, chill

Mecca
usc backed into the pac 10 champ right? does that count mecca?

Losing 1 game all year is backing in?

JASONSAUTO
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Losing 1 game all year is backing in?

did they need someone to lose to win it?

Mecca
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
So I guess the name Joe Paterno means nothing to you big headed USC types.

It means about as much as Bobby Bowden...what does Paterno even do when he's on the sideline he doesn't even have a headset on.

Brock
12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
It isn't settled on the field, don't care.

DJay23
12-07-2008, 07:19 PM
It means about as much as Bobby Bowden...what does Paterno even do when he's on the sideline he doesn't even have a headset on.

Paterno has averaged 9 wins over 42 years as a head coach. Without a headset.

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I am not a USC fan but they are going to smack Penn State. Nittany Lions do have a good defense but USC's defense will just shut Penn State down.

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I never said the Big 10 was any good. I said I think it's hard to rate how Penn State is because the Big 10 sucks. Like I said before I don't put a ton of stock into the "this team beat that team" thing... but if you wanted to play it that way, Penn State beat the living daylights out of Oregon State, the only team to beat USC. I don't think that's gonna equate a Penn State win, but everyone's using the Ohio State game to judge them, why not the Oregon State game? Penn State has done well the last few years in bowl games... and they haven't been the choke artists OSU have been. That is all I said, I don't think it's outrageous.

Well, I don't like the whole 'this team beat that team', and with so much parity I want to say 'any given game'. I take what I see in October and November with a lot more weight than what I see in September. It annoys the crap out of me when other people want to bitch about Florida's loss to Ole Miss or USC's loss to Oregon State, because sh*t happens... and if you're a good team you fix those problems and impress everyone in the last several weeks of the season.

Anyway, I take PSU/Oregon State with the same weight as those games. Yes, it's a good win and it's part of the resume, but were they just as or more impressive throughout the season? Looking at that two-week stretch versus Ohio State and Iowa, I'd say no.

I don't think what you said was outrageous... I'm sure one or two of the Big 10 teams will win their bowl game. If USC can lose to Stanford and Michigan can lose to App State and so forth....

BWillie
12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
I just think Penn State is a good football team. They are solid all around. The score may be lower than 24-21 but I think Penn State will take that game. People have shit on the Big 10 so bad, that sooner or later they will assume it is worse than it is. I think Iowa is the best four loss team in the country and they are in the Big 10...

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 07:54 PM
USC is the best team in the country IMO. If a playoff was setup they would win it.

dirk digler
12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
USC is the best team in the country IMO. If a playoff was setup they would win it.

I think Florida, USC and Texas all could win if there was a playoff.

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Winners:
Florida
USC
Texas
Alabama
Cincinnati

alanm
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Your predictions amuse me....especially the Rose Bowl one. I thought the Nebraska one was pretty good as well. ROFL

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
I just think Penn State is a good football team. They are solid all around. The score may be lower than 24-21 but I think Penn State will take that game. People have shit on the Big 10 so bad, that sooner or later they will assume it is worse than it is. I think Iowa is the best four loss team in the country and they are in the Big 10...

It's too bad that not everybody thinks like you :thumb:. The Big 10 isn't great this year, but I don't think that the PAC 10 is either. While USC is superior to any team in the BIG 10, I would be inclined to say that 3-4 teams are better than their next best team. This game will be closer than everybody thinks. While I think USC will win, I think it will be 28-21.

BWillie
12-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Remember when you all laughed when I said KU was going to go 10-2 last season ... haha

Mecca
12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
For Penn State to win the final would have to be 6-3.......28-21 my ass the SC defense is the best in college football.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
For Penn State to win the final would have to be 6-3.......28-21 my ass the SC defense is the best in college football.

The best in college football. Why stop there, I think they are better than the 85 Bears defense. Seriously, has there ever been a team better than this USC team in the history of college football (with the exception of the 2008 Oregon St team). They should design a video game Marvel comics VS USC defense. GAWD you're pathetic

Mecca
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
The best in college football. Why stop there, I think they are better than the 85 Bears defense. Seriously, has there ever been a team better than this USC team in the history of college football (with the exception of the 2008 Oregon St team). They should design a video game Marvel comics VS USC defense. GAWD you're pathetic

That's a nice embellishment of the fact that it is the best defense in college football, but hey go right ahead and blow things out of proportion.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
That's a nice embellishment of the fact that it is the best defense in college football, but hey go right ahead and blow things out of proportion.

Didn't one team score 27 points on them already this year? Yeah, 28 it WAY to HIGH.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 09:05 PM
You're still upset about that game back in September aren't you...everyone will acknowledge it's the best defense in college football.

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
USC is the best defense in the country hands down.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 09:10 PM
You're still upset about that game back in September aren't you...everyone will acknowledge it's the best defense in college football.

No, I'm not. Every year OSU has a pretty solid year, so I don't get too high or to low. What disguts me is people who assume everything is a sure thing. You assume that Penn St is going to get crused, when most reasonable people know that everyone is beatable. You would think a guy who roots for a team that lost to Stanford last year would know that. I do think USC has a great D, but Penn St. has a very solid offense. Too say the USC will crush Penn St is arrogant and ignorant.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Did I say they'd blow them out..no I didn't......also the games where USC doesn't show up aren't bowl games or big games against inferior teams they always show up in big games...you have to know that before comparing this game to one of those.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Did I say they'd blow them out..no I didn't......also the games where USC doesn't show up aren't bowl games or big games against inferior teams they always show up in big games...you have to know that before comparing this game to one of those.

Without a playoff, every game in college football is a big game.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Lets put it this way as a fan of SC, I feel more comfortable with them playing a team ranked in the top 5 than one that's unranked they always come to play against good teams, it's the inferior ones I worry about.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Lets put it this way as a fan of SC, I feel more comfortable with them playing a team ranked in the top 5 than one that's unranked they always come to play against good teams, it's the inferior ones I worry about.

Fair Enough. My point is that Penn St. is 15th in the county in YPG and 11th in PPG on Offense. Penn St is also 5th in the country in total D. While Penn St. doesn't play against the best competition in the country neither does USC. Sure USC beat OSU, but they did so when OSU didn't have their star RB and OSU has been a much different team with Pryor in (Boeckman gets happy feet and throws crucial INT's. That Maluaga INT for TD, wouldn't have happened with Pryor in). Penn St. beat them when they were at their strongest. Penn St. beat Oregon St. handily, who happened to beat USC. While Pete Carroll is a great coach, Penn St has argueably the greatest (in the history of the game) and definitely the winningest coach on their sidelines. This will be a close game and if a Oregon St team (27th in total Offense) can put up 27 points on USC, I'm inclined to believe that it is possible for Penn St to do it.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 10:12 PM
One final thought about the USC D. While I do consider them great. I took a look at their competition and I wouldn't call it great. Below is a list of the teams they play and their national rank on offense.

Virginia 104
OSU 78
Oregon St 27
Oregon 8
AZ St. 100
AZ 34
UCLA 111
Washington 116
Washington St 118
Stanford 69
California 45
N.D. 75

POND_OF_RED
12-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Alabama?

The quality victories aren't even close. Alabama's biggest win was over Georgia who finished 15th in the BCS. Texas beat the #1 team on a neutral field while Alabama lost to the #2 team on a neutral field. Texas also has 2 victories against teams in the top 25 (Oklahoma State, and Missouri) while Bama only has Georgia. Texas only loss came on the road vs a top 10 team. Texas deserves a shot A LOT more than any of the other 1 loss teams.

Sam Hall
12-08-2008, 01:41 AM
I just want Nebraska to win. I'm not sure what to expect from the game. Clemson has a pair of dangerous running backs. Their quarterback has issues, but he'll play well unless the Blackshirts pressure him. Nebraska needs to control time of possession and score touchdowns, which they can do.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 01:43 AM
If your defense is slow CJ Spiller will bust off huge plays...

Sam Hall
12-08-2008, 01:48 AM
If your defense is slow CJ Spiller will bust off huge plays...

Nebraska has a good defensive line, but they have issues at linebacker and secondary. The defensive line makes it tough for teams to run up the middle. Harper will have issues if the d-line pressures him the way they're capable. He will have a good day if they don't, and so will their RBs.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 01:53 AM
This is probably one of my favorite college videos so since the topic is up I'll post it here..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I0opXYZioCE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I0opXYZioCE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sam Hall
12-08-2008, 02:01 AM
That's scary. Nebraska hasn't had good kick coverage. The Huskers will have to control time of possession and wear out the Clemson defense.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 02:03 AM
You know what I love about Spiller....he is so fast and he knows it....even when guys have the angle on him he never looks back because he knows they can't catch him.