PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs First and goal...

TinyEvel
12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
WTF??! Is this our nemesis?

How many games this year have we been at First and Goal and have NOT delivered either a tie or win?

Meh.

:shake:

I am too lazy to properly research it.

But...

NE...(tie)

SD (win..if you count the 2-point attempt)

Jets?

TB?

Donks?

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-07-2008, 07:41 PM
I can't answer that until I watch the film.

cdcox
12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
You're not looking at the big picture. We took 5:30 off the clock, which is good, but not quite where we need to be. If we could have given our D a little more time to catch their breath we could have held the Broncs and got the ball back at the end of the game. It's all about time of possession and resting your D.

Mr. Laz
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
You're not looking at the big picture. We took 5:30 off the clock, which is good, but not quite where we need to be. If we could have given our D a little more time to catch their breath we could have held the Broncs and got the ball back at the end of the game. It's all about time of possession and resting your D.

Herm!!!!

TinyEvel
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
He will probably say our D should have stopped them at 3rd and 10 on their own 1 (true)

Or, did he already say that? (I haven't watched the tape)

DeezNutz
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM

Thanks, Herm. Now go fuck your-Guntherloving-self. /the Planet/

PastorMikH
12-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't think we have the running game needed for goal line situations. We got spoiled with Marcus and Priest. LJ just doesn't seem to be able to punch it in. Maybe its him, maybe its the OL, playcalling, or whatever. But there are 5-6 games this year that could have been W's if we could make a 4th and 1 or put up a TD when we are first and goal instead of settling for a FG. I didn't even look at the 3rd and 1's we failed on and had to punt.

chiefsngop
12-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't think we have the running game needed for goal line situations. We got spoiled with Marcus and Priest. LJ just doesn't seem to be able to punch it in. Maybe its him, maybe its the OL, playcalling, or whatever. But there are 5-6 games this year that could have been W's if we could make a 4th and 1 or put up a TD when we are first and goal instead of settling for a FG. I didn't even look at the 3rd and 1's we failed on and had to punt.

Roaf and T. Richardson could open a hole 99% of the time against any defensive front, including goal line D.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Replace the center, right guard and right tackle with average players and the Chiefs score from the goal line in all of those situations.

2009, Baby!

DeezNutz
12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Replace the center, right guard and right tackle with average players and the Chiefs score from the goal line in all of those situations.

2009, Baby!

I'm not picking on you, Dane, because this is clearly not the intent of your post. Nevertheless, there have been lots of posts about how easy it is to fix the "lesser" important positions on the O-line, but this seems to have been taken to an extreme.

We might need to spend a high-round pick to fix this cluster****. I'm tired of reading about the yoodles of great right-side players in middle rounds. If it were that easy, every ****ing team in football would have a great right side. Fuck, the Chiefs would be example 1A. Where is the great Barry Richardson? Answer: on the bench because he fucking sucks.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm not picking on you, Dane, because this is clearly not the intent of your post. Nevertheless, there have been lots of posts about how easy it is to fix the "lesser" important positions on the O-line, but this seems to have been taken to an extreme.

We might need to spend a high-round pick to fix this cluster****. I'm tired of reading about the yoodles of great right-side players in middle rounds. If it were that easy, every ****ing team in football would have a great right side. Fuck, the Chiefs would be example 1A. Where is the great Barry Richardson? Answer: on the bench because he fucking sucks.

The Chiefs should be able to find capable starters in rounds 2-5.

I'm STILL bummed they passed on Carl Nicks. All he's done is start at right tackle for the best offense in the league and he went in the late 5th.

DeezNutz
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM

I'm STILL bummed they passed on Carl Nicks. All he's done is start at right tackle for the best offense in the league and he went in the late 5th.

I'd consider a pick in rounds 2-3 as a very high pick. I'd welcome a RG or RT at either or both of these slots. I don't want either in round 1, however. But my point is that we can't expect to get much beyond Barry Richardson in rounds 6 and 7.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd consider a pick in rounds 2-3 as a very high pick. I'd welcome a RG or RT at either or both of these slots. I don't want either in round 1, however. But my point is that we can't expect to get much beyond Barry Richardson in rounds 6 and 7.

Taylor was a sixth and see him as the heir apparent to Brian Waters.

Depending on how the draft shakes out, I could honestly see Albert/Taylor/Waters/Niswanger/Draftee as the starting offensive line next year.

LT/LG/C/RG/RT.

Get a head start on playing these guys together.

dj56dt58
12-07-2008, 10:09 PM
WTF??! Is this our nemesis?

How many games this year have we been at First and Goal and have NOT delivered either a tie or win?

Meh.

:shake:

I am too lazy to properly research it.

But...

NE...(tie)

SD (win..if you count the 2-point attempt)

Jets?

TB?

Donks?

we can't run the football

beach tribe
12-08-2008, 07:47 AM

Man, I really wanted him for our RG spot. If he could have handled RT it would have been just as good if not better. Dude was projected as a 2nd rnder the yr before.