PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft All 32 teams draft positions ....

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Here is where all 32 teams stand at right now in draft positions if the season were to end today. Note not at accuarate calculation due to the fact the seasons not over yet and there are still some games being played currently but thought I do this for fun. Enjoy.

NFL Draft Setup (as of 12/07/08) - (not all games completed in week 14)

1. Detroit Lions
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. St. Louis Rams
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Oakland Raiders
7. Jacksonville Jaquars
8. Cleaveland Browns
9. San Francisco 49ers
10. San Diego Chargers
11. Green Bay Packers
12. Houston Texans
13. Buffalo Bills
14. New Orleans Saints
15. Chicago Bears
16. Philadelphia Eagles
17. Washington Redskins
18. New England Patriots
19. Miami Dolphins
20. Minnesota Vikings
21. Denver Broncos
22. Atlanta Falcons
23. Arizona Cardinals
24. New York Jets
25. Dallas Cowboys
26. Baltimore Ravens
27. Indianapols Colts
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
29. Carolina Panthers
30. Pittsburgh Steelers
31. New York Giants
32. Tennessee Titans

dirk digler
12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Right now the Chiefs are at 3 with a .154 winning %

Deberg_1990
12-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Why are we behind the Seachucks and Rams?

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Right now the Chiefs are at 3 with a .154 winning %

Well im just ranking this by how the NFL standings are ranking right now. Here's the link you can see for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

dirk digler
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Actually we would be #4 because the Rams would be #3 because they have a worse divisional record.

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Why are we behind the Seachucks and Rams?

Well all I am saying is that either way it goes if the season ended today the Chiefs could end up picking at # 3, 4, or 5.

Ebolapox
where's cdcox when you need him?

dirk digler
Well im just ranking this by how the NFL standings are ranking right now. Here's the link you can see for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

I did that based on winning percentage and the Chiefs are listed #3 even though we are tied with Seattle and St. Louis percentage wise

cdcox
Actually we would be #4 because the Rams would be #3 because they have a worse divisional record.

Doesn't matter. Only tie breaker for teams in different conferences is strength of schedule.

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:49 PM

Well im no draft guru, I dont have the knowledge about this stuff. Im sure there are people on this planet that know more about it 10 times more then I do. I was just trying to get a idea of where we would pick, and all I did is copied the standings and made my consumption by using that. Im sure the nfl has a different way of doing it.

dirk digler
12-07-2008, 07:49 PM
where's cdcox when you need him?

Yep I think I could be wrong still. I missed the strength of schedule as the first tiebreaker

Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage.
• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.
• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I did that based on winning percentage and the Chiefs are listed #3 even though we are tied with Seattle and St. Louis percentage wise

I know thats the ticker right there, that we are tied, cause all 3 teams are 2-11.

dirk digler
12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I know thats the ticker right there, that we are tied, cause all 3 teams are 2-11.

Yep. Anyway if everybody keeps losing we will end up somewhere between 3-5 kind of like last year

Ari Chi3fs
12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I hope the Bengals beat us...

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Yep I think I could be wrong still. I missed the strength of schedule as the first tiebreaker

Well do to everything that the Chiefs need right now, I could very well see them trading them with this pick with someone that could use this pick to acquire more picks. All though NFLDraftcountdown mock draft is not up to date, the only player I could see us possibly taking at # 5 is DE Michael Johnson from Georgia Tech and he is being targeted at a # 9 overall pick.

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Yep. Anyway if everybody keeps losing we will end up somewhere between 3-5 kind of like last year

Yep pretty much.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Well do to everything that the Chiefs need right now, I could very well see them trading them with this pick with someone that could use this pick to acquire more picks. All though NFLDraftcountdown mock draft is not up to date, the only player I could see us possibly taking at # 5 is DE Michael Johnson from Georgia Tech and he is being targeted at a # 9 overall pick.

Please God.

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/01/15/image536535x.gif&usg=AFQjCNGjIcIObDTdHqaWfQxREoAn2hYstA

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Another scenario is that the Chiefs could use the # 5 overall pick and take OT Michael Oher. But I wouldnt be too happy about that. I believe Oher will probably be a pretty good player in the NFL but considering the fact that we drafted Albert in the 1st round last year, I wouldnt get another tackle until like round 3.

Ebolapox
12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Please God.

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/01/15/image536535x.gif&usg=AFQjCNGjIcIObDTdHqaWfQxREoAn2hYstA

:spock:

royr17
12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Please God.

Well I wouldnt pick Johnson at # 5, that'd probably be considered a reach. If I was the Chiefs I'd try to trade down to like around pick 13 or 15.

cdcox
12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't bother with where we are right now. I look at end of season using either 1) most likely outcome or 2) specific scenarios.

If we lose out, we'll probably be #2, maybe 3rd.
If we beat the Bengals only, we'll probably draft 3rd, 4th or 5th, with 4th most likely.
If we beat either the Dolphins or Chargers only, then it is similar except we have a slight shot at a 2nd.
If we win two, we're looking at 4-7 with 5th most likely.
If we win out, we'll probably draft 5-9 with 7 most likely.

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Well I wouldnt pick Johnson at # 5, that'd probably be considered a reach. If I was the Chiefs I'd try to trade down to like around pick 13 or 15.

Quit trying to trade down that is so freaking stupid.

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Anyways what is the general conscensous on OT Eugene Monroe from Virginia. Is he any good ? I mean I read he was the starting LT when Branden Albert was playing Guard at Virginia.

dirk digler
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Doesn't matter. Only tie breaker for teams in different conferences is strength of schedule.

Thanks Guru I didn't realize that.

Ebolapox
Anyways what is the general conscensous on OT Eugene Monroe from Virginia. Is he any good ? I mean I read he was the starting LT when Branden Albert was playing Guard at Virginia.

I don't know. the season hasn't ended yet. the combine is months away. monroe may get caught with crack cocaine and end up being a fifth rounder. who the fuck knows right now?

blueballs
Did you know you can take the lightbulb out of your refridgerator
screw in an electical outlet and plug in a cd player
and everytime you open the fridge you can hear your favorite tunes

royr17

Why not ? The Chiefs have holes that they need to fill. They could use the draft picks to help build this team. Do we trade to get like 11-12 picks no. But we could use like a extra 2 picks.

milkman

Drafting Monroe would be the same as drafting Oher.

He (Monroe) is likely going to be a damn good NFL LT, but we already have a damn good NFL LT.

And you don't draft RT in the top 5.

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Drafting Monroe would be the same as drafting Oher.

He (Monroe) is likely going to be a damn good NFL LT, but we already have a damn good NFL LT.

And you don't draft RT in the top 5.

Thats exactly my point. As of right now the Chiefs really have nobody that is worth the # 5 pick, so they would need to find a trading partner and get extra picks. The reason I say # 13 or 15, is that they could find a LB there you know, OL, and DL. Where at # 5 they'd probably reach.

Saulbadguy
12-07-2008, 08:06 PM
:spock:
He is suggesting that he doesn't breed anymore.

Ebolapox
12-07-2008, 08:08 PM

kinda figured.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2008, 08:09 PM

SkeetSkeetSkeet Skeet

Stinger
12-07-2008, 08:09 PM

Normally, I would agree with you but this draft as of right now seems to not have a punch after the first couple picks, so if we could trade out a couple of spots and get a few more (depending who is on the board still mind you) then this year I would not be as against it.

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:12 PM
But one guy that could be someone that the Chiefs should strongly consider at # 5 while trying to find a trading partner is WR Michael Crabtree, I fimly feel that he is going to be a very good pro receiver.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Normally, I would agree with you but this draft as of right now seems to not have a punch after the first couple picks, so if we could trade out a couple of spots and get a few more (depending who is on the board still mind you) then this year I would not be as against it.

If the draft lacks people at the top, who in the blue fuck is going to trade up for one of the non-existent elite talents?

Jebus fuck :shake:

And people, stop it with the Crabtree shit. Just stop.

Direckshun
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I say BPA. At this point I'd be liable to say Eugene Monroe.

Stinger
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
If the draft lacks people at the top, who in the blue **** is going to trade up for one of the non-existent elite talents?

Jebus **** :shake:

Things happen on draft day that many can't predict that is why it is so compelling. Will it happen maybe. Is it likely to happen probably not, but it is all speculation. Even your own evaluations are ****ing speculation. Get over yourself or in your own word:

"Kill yourself"

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
At 5, Taylor Mays would be the best.

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
There are names like OT Andre Smith, RB Chris Wells, CB Malcolm Jenkins, OT Michael Oher, WR Michael Crabtree, CB Vontae Davis, DE Michael Johnson, etc. that some teams might need. Me I dont see any of those players except fro Michael Crabtree and Michael Johnson as players the Chiefs need to draft at # 5. So therefore I would field offers and see whats on the table and consider it. The Chiefs dont need to draft OT's this early in the draft, they dont need to draft CB's this early in the draft since they already have Flowers, Carr, and Leggett. I'd take a chance on Crabtree or Johnson if we had to use this pick. But if I could find a trading partner if I was the Chiefs then I'd make the move of trading and acquiring more picks.

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:25 PM

May I ask, what is wrong with Crabtree ?

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:26 PM
At 5, Taylor Mays would be the best.

And that would be the safety from USC right ? Most mocks I have seen has shown him going late in the 1st round. But alot can change between now and then.

Direckshun
12-07-2008, 08:26 PM

WE HAVE A WHOLE 'NOTHER THREAD FOR THIS CONVERSATION.

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 08:27 PM

He is slow as shit and plays in the spread.

notorious
12-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Mr. Laz
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM

and we run the spread :shrug:

that said we have other needs besides another big body possession receiver

Ebolapox
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
let me let me upgraaaaaade ya~!

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:35 PM

Ok. When was 4.54 considered slow ? Dwayne Bowe ran a 4.52. Brandon Flowers ran a 4.55. Larry Johnson ran a 4.60. So how is 4.54 considered slow ? I mean come on, for crying out loud Anquan Boldin ran a 4.72, would you consider him slow as shit, and look how he has turned out. And playing out of the spread doesnt mean that he wouldnt be a good pro receiver.

Mr. Laz
12-07-2008, 08:37 PM
let me let me upgraaaaaade ya~!.

Mr. Laz
12-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok. When was 4.54 considered slow ? Dwayne Bowe ran a 4.52. Brandon Flowers ran a 4.55. Larry Johnson ran a 4.60. So how is 4.54 considered slow ? I mean come on, for crying out loud Anquan Boldin ran a 4.72, would you consider him slow as shit, and look how he has turned out. And playing out of the spread doesnt mean that he wouldnt be a good pro receiver.
but that's just it ...... we already have a few Crabtrees on our roster in Bowe and Gonzo.

bringing another aspect to our team would give us more bang for the buck

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:43 PM
but that's just it ...... we already have a few Crabtrees on our roster in Bowe and Gonzo.

bringing another aspect to our team would give us more bang for the buck

I know but I was just basically saying with Mark Bradleys injury history and not being able to stay healthy (he's the Brodie Croyle of WR's), it wouldnt hurt to have another sure fire WR to go to and Gonzo aint going to be around that much longer neither.

cdcox
12-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Fast receivers are all fine and good, but the first question you have to ask -- can he block?

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Fast receivers are all fine and good, but the first question you have to ask -- can he block?

Good Question. I dont have a answer to that. Never seen the guy play before in my life. All I know is that he has put up pretty good numbers and he is being considered as the Calvin Johnson of this years draft.

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Good Question. I dont have a answer to that. Never seen the guy play before in my life. All I know is that he has put up pretty good numbers and he is being considered as the Calvin Johnson of this years draft.

He is nowhere close to Calvin Johnson.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
He is nowhere close to Calvin Johnson.

I honestly don't know where Junior gets his info

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 08:52 PM
If you dont know anything or havent seen the guy play why post about him.

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I honestly don't know where Junior gets his info

here's you go buddy :

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1634

Michael Crabtree Scouting Report

by FFToolbox Writers

Position: WR

School & Year/Status: Texas Tech - Sophomore

Height & Weight: 6'3 - 214 lbs.

Ranked #3 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person
Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

It is no surprise that a Texas Tech receiver puts up big numbers in their high flying passing offense, but what Michael Crabtree did last year as a freshman was simply amazing. Crabtree caught 134 passes for 1,962 yards and 22 touchdowns. Through four games in 2008, he has tallied 457 receiving yards and six touchdowns. For most wideouts those would be pretty good numbers for an entire season.

What makes Crabtree so special is that he is not just a product of the system. He will use his 6-3, 214 pound frame and be a physical receiver when he needs to do so, but he also has the speed to blow right past the defenders. There are not many receivers who have his size and speed, and that is not just counting the college ranks. Crabtree even has great hands and rarely drops a pass. There is nothing he cannot do.

To many Crabtree is the best receiver coming out of college since Calvin Johnson. It would be very surprising if Crabtree was not the top receiver taken come April. The more interesting facet is how high he can climb up the overall rankings. Coming off of a draft with few great receivers, and none selected in the first round, Crabtree could (and probably should) be a top five pick.

11/11 Update: If there was any doubt who the best receiver in college football was, there is not anymore. Crabtree has caught 78 passes for 1,010 yards and 18 touchdowns through ten games. The success of Texas Tech has put Crabtree in the national spotlight and he will stay there from here on out. He may not be the first pick in the draft, since the Lions will not be taking a wide-out in the first round any time soon, but he will not last long after that.

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:57 PM
If you dont know anything or havent seen the guy play why post about him.

Because the way I have heard people praise this guy, the more and more I want my team to have a chance at being able to draft this guy. It would definately help our team out a whole lot to have 4 really good receivers in Bowe, Gonzo, Bradley, and Crabtree. Will Franklin has been a joke this year, and I am very pissed with him not making that play on that ball today, there was no excuse, no excuse.

royr17
12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
To many Crabtree is the best receiver coming out of college since Calvin Johnson.

Not so much of what I was saying but, he could end up being a pretty good receiver. Got good size. 6-3 214 lbs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
toolbox. Sounds about right.

You know who else has elite size and measureables? Jeff Webb.

royr17
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Man this thread sure didnt see any action after I left and went home last night.

cmh6476
12-08-2008, 10:17 AM
it sucks that so many teams suck as much as we do

ChiTown
12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
it sucks that so many teams suck as much as we do

Or, *gasp*, that there are teams that are suckier than what we already suck!

Buck
12-08-2008, 10:43 AM
At least we're in the Top 10 Category of something.

royr17
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I hate this idea that just came to my head but its a possibility. If the Chiefs do indeed finish with the # 5 overall pick, one thing they might consider is drafting a LT and moving Albert to RG, I would hate it if they did that though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I hate this idea that just came to my head but its a possibility. If the Chiefs do indeed finish with the # 5 overall pick, one thing they might consider is drafting a LT and moving Albert to RG, I would hate it if they did that though.

No one has ever considered this idea before on any thread in this entire site...ever. Nor were there any arguments against it yesterday in a number of threads which you were posting in.

patteeu
12-08-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't bother with where we are right now. I look at end of season using either 1) most likely outcome or 2) specific scenarios.

If we lose out, we'll probably be #2, maybe 3rd.
If we beat the Bengals only, we'll probably draft 3rd, 4th or 5th, with 4th most likely.
If we beat either the Dolphins or Chargers only, then it is similar except we have a slight shot at a 2nd.
If we win two, we're looking at 4-7 with 5th most likely.
If we win out, we'll probably draft 5-9 with 7 most likely.

In that case, I'm hoping we win out and luck into the 5th spot.

beach tribe
12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Hell I'd rather draft a RT that high than a #2 receiver.

IMO, we should be trying to get Stafford, Orakpo, or Mays, or trying real hard to trade down a few spots, and get Maualuga, and if we can't trade down, just taking Maualuga.

No Wrs, and no lineman with a top 5. I really think we'll be picking 5th again, and one of these guys will be available, and I believe we will be able to trade down, because someone is going to want to move up, and take one of the LTs.

Mack, or Duke R. in the 2nd would be nice.

ChiefsCountry
12-08-2008, 12:46 PM
No one has ever considered this idea before on any thread in this entire site...ever. Nor were there any arguments against it yesterday in a number of threads which you were posting in.

ROFL

J Diddy
12-08-2008, 01:39 PM

that would be retarded

SenselessChiefsFan
12-08-2008, 02:57 PM

I didn't think divisional record mattered. Just oponents win percentage.