PDA

View Full Version : Life Ticket Question (cop related)

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Can you get a ticket if you are parked on your own driveway? I got a ticket parked on the street next to my house for not having my license plate properly displayed on the front. (mine sits on the inside part of the windshield corner and is visible) Missouri law requires 2 license plates on the car, i have refused to bolt to the front because i have aftermarket ground effects on the car. I am going to put the plate on the car, cause this is my 3rd license plate ticket, 1st was $35, 2nd was $90 cause it was by lake tapawingo area, and 3rd i had a ticket on the windshield, and have to recieve it in the mail.

So i am wondering if that same cop drives in the neighborhood looking to see if i put my plate on the car and its parked on my driveway this time, can he ticket me again?

I have gone years without a ticket for the 1 plate until the last 2 years and now im just going to accept the fact i have to put the front plate on, just have to get a bracket, and if it takes me a day or two to get it i dont want to risk getting a ticket, even though i have to park outside on my driveway.

MIAdragon
12-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Yes.

luv
12-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Just a guess, but I would guess no. Not as long as your driveway is not on public property. I could be wrong though.

morphius
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
duct tape it on till you get the bracket :D

luv
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes.

Really? Weird.

Skip Towne
12-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Put the car in the garage and close the door.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes.

That sucks, and is kind of stupid considering it isn't on a public lot, so they can pretty much do whatever they want then?

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I know here in Omaha you can get ticketed for having an unlicensed car in your driveway, so I'm gonna say there's a good chance you can. Pretty fucked up if you ask me.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Put the car in the garage and close the door.

May have to do that and move stuff it sucks cause ive been around tons of cops driving by me and past me and the only times i got tickets was a nazi cop that tickets everyone by lake tapawingo and in NKC 1 bike cop was radaring and decided to get me on that rather than go after someone speeding during morning rush hour and then this on the side of the street

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I know here in Omaha you can get ticketed for having an unlicensed car in your driveway, so I'm gonna say there's a good chance you can. Pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

Well the plate is inside the front windshield and the rear plate is on the car, but missouri has a stupid law just like 30 other state that require 2 plates. I wnder if Kansas cars get pulled over in missouri for that shit

BWillie
12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Short answer, yes. I didn't have plates on my second car and it was sitting in my driveway and I got ticketed for it. It's BS... I know.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Short answer, yes. I didn't have plates on my second car and it was sitting in my driveway and I got ticketed for it. It's BS... I know.

You think they could give you a warning, it is total bullshit, i won't go on a rant though cause i could be here all day.

healthpellets
12-07-2008, 09:12 PM
i got a ticket for parking in my driveway, but yet not pulling up far enough and "blocking the sidewalk"...in my own effin driveway.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 09:25 PM
i got a ticket for parking in my driveway, but yet not pulling up far enough and "blocking the sidewalk"...in my own effin driveway.
That's pretty shitty....

better question, would the same cop come trolling through and give me another ticket if he didn't see it on there? Im just really irritated with my local po po right now

KCUnited
12-07-2008, 09:31 PM
If your car is not properly tagged it doesn't matter where it is at, they will ticket you. Its a money grab for everyone right now, cities included. Now that they know they got a cow, you should probably expect them back to milk until you tag it properly.

cabletech94
12-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Do nothing. Sleep in your car. Next time cop "stalker" comes by, pop that baby in reverse and high-tail it to hazard county. Wheeeeeeee-doggie!!!! And watch the fun!

Just trying to make ya laugh from a pretty shitty situation, man.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Do nothing. Sleep in your car. Next time cop "stalker" comes by, pop that baby in reverse and high-tail it to hazard county. Wheeeeeeee-doggie!!!! And watch the fun!

Just trying to make ya laugh from a pretty shitty situation, man.

ROFL it's tempting

You need to post more dude

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
If your car is not properly tagged it doesn't matter where it is at, they will ticket you. Its a money grab for everyone right now, cities included. Now that they know they got a cow, you should probably expect them back to milk until you tag it properly.

Yeah, that is why i realized i better get the plate on finally, i went 5 straight years with nothing, even when i got pulled over for speeding and in the last 2 years ive gotten 3 tickets for it now, just not worth it anymore.

dj56dt58
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
buy a really big dog and let him shit in the driveway

KCUnited
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, that is why i realized i better get the plate on finally, i went 5 straight years with nothing, even when i got pulled over for speeding and in the last 2 years ive gotten 3 tickets for it now, just not worth it anymore.

It sucks. I live in Missouri and keep my front tag on my dash, but I live in the city. These fools down here would rather dog some kid out on a skateboard than do some real crime prevention. I've noticed since the economy has tanked more and more parking tickets are being laid. These buttholes are chalking tires at the crack of dawn.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 10:09 PM
It sucks. I live in Missouri and keep my front tag on my dash, but I live in the city. These fools down here would rather dog some kid out on a skateboard than do some real crime prevention. I've noticed since the economy has tanked more and more parking tickets are being laid. These buttholes are chalking tires at the crack of dawn.

It is pretty bad lately, i see alot of cops out too on 435 and 70 more than usual looking to give tickets, of course i drive the speed limit all the time now when im on those hwys while people fly by

ohiobronco2
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
You could post a thread asking about how to get out of a ticket. ROFL

Perhaps my second favorite thread behind, "I stole a laptop and now I'm coming on to the internet to brag about it."

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
You could post a thread asking about how to get out of a ticket. ROFL

Perhaps my second favorite thread behind, "I stole a laptop and now I'm coming on to the internet to brag about it."

ROFL

TrebMaxx
12-07-2008, 10:43 PM
The front plate law is just a bunch of B.S. Just a money grab as was stated earlier in the thread. I would suspect as well that you could get a ticket for it while parked in your driveway. Probably won't do much, but I have signed the petition, here is a link to voice your displeasure. http://www.petitiononline.com/MOLPDL/ Again, just a money grab. Doesn't help LEO's, raises the amount of cost to produce two plates. If the state charged the same price for tags and produced just one plate think of the savings.

DaFace
12-07-2008, 11:07 PM

How odd. What do you do if you have a car you've decided not to drive for a while for some reason? I'm not saying that I'd recommend such a choice, but what happens to the stereotypical redneck lawn with a bunch of broken down cars? Can they ticket a broken down car if it's not even on the road? If so, that seems very odd to me.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-07-2008, 11:17 PM
How odd. What do you do if you have a car you've decided not to drive for a while for some reason?
Put in a garage.

I'm not saying that I'd recommend such a choice, but what happens to the stereotypical redneck lawn with a bunch of broken down cars?
These are city ordinances to prevent redneck yards full of cars, you can get away with this kind of stuff more easily in rural areas.

Can they ticket a broken down car if it's not even on the road?
The short answer is, if it's unlicensed and they can see it, yes, they can.

Sure-Oz
12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Well i got it put on today, got a bracket and 2 screws at the bottom put on. Doesn't look too bad, didnt screw the top since there is metal behind the gfx...i had 4 blue springs cops opposite of me at 3 stop lights and 1 stop sign and i had no plate on the front at all, the plate was on the floor rather than on the windshield and they didn't give a shit. I was hoping they'd get me and i could say "hey my shit is right here, im putting it on"

Historically i've never gotten a improperly placed license plate in 6 years ive owned the car in blue springs or independence. I got 1 ticket passing lake tapawingo on a blue springs road, but they say its tapawingos side (nazi cop there so dont try it, speeding either cause its triple fines for shit, damn richy bitch leeches). and the other 2 in NKC.

Oh well one less problem even if it takes away from the look of the car in the front. Also thanks for the petition Trebmaxx.

crazycoffey
12-08-2008, 04:16 PM
How odd. What do you do if you have a car you've decided not to drive for a while for some reason? I'm not saying that I'd recommend such a choice, but what happens to the stereotypical redneck lawn with a bunch of broken down cars? Can they ticket a broken down car if it's not even on the road? If so, that seems very odd to me.

-salvage registration for cars that aren't driving
-Redneck situation - I'll say they are prolly in the country and this situation is a city ordinance
- in the driveway, my experience is it's private property and off limits, but check with your city gov. for a more accurate answer.

RodInCanton
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM

Hey now, don't go making fun of broken down cars in the front lawn!!! I actually just got a ticket for my license being expired two days ago. My tags were about overdue and the day before getting my emissions test I ended up wrecking my 4-Runner while I was snowshoeing up in the mountains. When I got down I realized I had broken a blinker light and it would never pass emissions this way so I didn't get it fixed. I have a commuter car I drive to and from work so I've just been driving that since I didn't have the money to fix my 4Runner right away (being Xmas and all). While I was at work a cop gave me a ticket for an expired license even though my vehicle was in my driveway. I could've bought the blinker for cheaper than the ticket what are you gonna do? Moral of the story: Don't mess w/ Uncle Sam and his money because playing w/ his money is like playing w/ his emotions...

rtmike
12-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Of course it's out in the country but I don't know how much the law's differ with city and county. But this guy raises all kinds of hell. Then again his property is posted.

Copper prolly thought he was saving you the grief of getting pulled over.

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/a87_1178288577"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/a87_1178288577" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

crazycoffey
12-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't see why he's all bent out of shape, film it, say you don't want her on the property, and take it to a judge. Let the court figure it out then. She had some rights by doing her job - but he's losing control about it. I understand what he's trying to stand for, but this seems to be one of those "grey areas" in the law. Official officers in the course of thier duty; plain site appears to have something wrong on his property and she wants to investigate. I don't know what powers she has, nor what agency she represents. But he could have crossed a line if he tried to physically remove her too.

I am curious to know more about this incident....

Sure-Oz
12-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Of course it's out in the country but I don't know how much the law's differ with city and county. But this guy raises all kinds of hell. Then again his property is posted.

Copper prolly thought he was saving you the grief of getting pulled over.

I'm curious to see how this ended up as for the cop....well he could've been cool and left me a warning slip or something, instead of a ticket that says a ticket will be issued to me in the mail. He even got he wrong address so i called the court and gave them the correct one, so im not screwed later for not paying a ticket and having a warrant out for me. I don't know how cops do their jobs, but i assume they can look up my past tickets etc and see i had 2 previous, and maybe thats why he didnt warn me by leaving a note on my car while he was cruising through our neighborhood for some reason at 3am

rtmike
12-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Curious, was your car parked in the driveway nose first or ass first?

Sure-Oz
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Curious, was your car parked in the driveway nose first or ass first?

Nose first, but my original ticket i got was because i parked on the side of the street next to my house and not in the driveway. The last few days ive parked in the driveway incase he came back.

MIAdragon
12-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Nose first, but my original ticket i got was because i parked on the side of the street next to my house and not in the driveway. The last few days ive parked in the driveway incase he came back.

You need to put it in the garage, if he can see it he can ticket it

Sure-Oz
12-08-2008, 09:08 PM
You need to put it in the garage, if he can see it he can ticket it

The problem is taken care of now man, i got a bracket today and bolted it on to the front bumper and got the plate on. I just know that ive gotten 2 license plate tickets now in the past 6 months, i dont need more. The plate actually turned out to look decent with the bracket and not as much of an eyesore as i thought it'd be. Appreciate the concern though :)

rtmike
12-08-2008, 09:15 PM

Nose first meaning outta the view of drive by traffic? So it sounds like Mr. Policeman went out of his way to write you up, what a pisser.

Sure-Oz
12-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Nose first meaning outta the view of drive by traffic? So it sounds like Mr. Policeman went out of his way to write you up, what a pisser.
Well i was never ticketed in the driveway, just on the side of the street where my whole car was exposed. If he entered our neighborhood he would see the front of my car first from that point. Either way it blows