PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Good game...

Taco John
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
That one was a nail biter. I wasn't going to be suprised either way it turned out. One thing about your team - you guys don't seem to have any quit in you.

Better luck next year.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
That is one bright spot this year, so many players getting a shot due to injuries that the Chiefs do not quit. A big void in talent but not in heart.

Simply Red
12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah, they wait until the second half to quit.

Buehler445
12-07-2008, 09:24 PM
That one was a nail biter. I wasn't going to be suprised either way it turned out. One thing about your team - you guys don't seem to have any quit in you.

Better luck next year.

Nope, just our coach.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't think that any Chiefs fan here expected us to win at any point after the third quarter. I couldn't have been less surprised by that game.

chiefs1111
12-07-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't think that any Chiefs fan here expected us to win at any point after the third quarter. I couldn't have been less surprised by that game.

Agreed

ArrowheadHawk
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't think that any Chiefs fan here expected us to win at any point after the third quarter. I couldn't have been anymore happy about that game.
FYP.

Direckshun
12-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Our backs were broke in the third quarter set of downs where Thiggy overthrew Darling in the endzone, LJ ran backwards 10 yards, and then Franklin shat himself when Thiggy gave him a favorable jump ball.

This team does it to itself, and I'm starting to loathe it.

Coach
12-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd be curious to see what Taco John thinks of Tyler Thigpen, now that he got to see him perform.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Our backs were broke in the third quarter set of downs where Thiggy overthrew Darling in the endzone, LJ ran backwards 10 yards, and then Franklin shat himself when Thiggy gave him a favorable jump ball.

This team does it to itself, and I'm starting to loathe it.

Thigpen's accuracy is a major concern for me. I'm not sure it's something that can be "taught".

chagrin
12-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I'd be curious to see what Taco John thinks of Tyler Thigpen, now that he got to see him perform.

Why?

blueballs
12-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Damny
Clark Hunt wanted to see progress
even though they're losing the progress is there

ChiefJustice
12-07-2008, 10:38 PM
The bootleg play beats us EVERY time.

Good game,TJ.

At least it was entertaining for a while.

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm not overly concerned.

I'm glad that I think we improved in a lot of areas throughout the year, but it's clear that there are some gaping holes on the team that we are limping through the season and trying to win in spite of. For example, we know our defensive line isn't going to get any sacks or pass rush, so we're trying to win in spite of that.

But what I like is that we will finish the season with some clear ideas of how and where we need to improve. We know exactly what our top priorities are and what's most encouraging to me is that the positions we desperately need most are the ones that are typically very easy to shore up through cheap free agent upgrades or through 2nd-4th round draft picks. It's very, very difficult to find a solid left tackle in free agency or the draft (except for the high first round), but it's very easy to find a good LB in free agency or in the 2nd or 3rd round.

That's an optimistic post. But I just think we're a lot closer, personnel wise, than some might currently think. I'm not entirely sold yet that the front office will do a good enough job of filling in those holes, but I like what I've seen from Kuharich so far.

Direckshun
12-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Thigpen's accuracy is a major concern for me. I'm not sure it's something that can be "taught".

In Thigpen's defense, he was at his last check downfield and in a split second launched it for Darling.

That throw normally isn't going to yeild great accuracy.

Ultra Peanut
12-08-2008, 02:16 AM
It's not as fun when we suck so badly, is it?

chiefzilla1501
12-08-2008, 02:42 AM

Actually, I think just the opposite. Accuracy is often about knowing when to make what kind of throws. In some cases, you want to loft it and give it air, in other cases you want to fire it in there. In other cases, you want to put the ball on the inside shoulder vs. an outside shoulder. That's going to take practice and it's going to take experience--those are things that a QB can learn over time with more reps.

Most importantly, chemistry with receivers goes a very, very long way to improving a QB's accuracy. In order to throw a deep ball, you have to know how fast your receiver can get to a spot. And in many cases, you have to know how your receiver will respond if a play is broken and you have to improvise.

It's something he has to improve. But it can be improved. It sounds to me like he has the work ethic to at least try to improve upon that. Keep in mind that while Croyle spent a whole offseason working with receivers on route timing, Thigpen was still a second-rate citizen in the locker room at that point.

Moobs
12-08-2008, 03:21 AM
I think the Chiefs are a lot better than their 2-11 record. They have been very competitive in a lot of games, but always seem to shit the bed in the second half. As a Broncos fan, I just wanted it close heading into the 4th quarter.

Some other observations:

- Thigpen has really improved since his first few starts. He misses on a lot of throws though. I also wonder how he'll do when opposing coaches have an offseason of tape to look over.

- I hadn't gotten to see Flowers too much all year, but he is the real deal. Enjoy watching him for the next 10 years.

- Even though he is a Bronco, it's cool to see a white starting RB. Admit it.

- Was I not paying enough attention, or did I not see Derrick Johnson make a play all game?

- Beat San Diego next week, kthx.

JOhn
12-08-2008, 03:32 AM
I think the Chiefs are a lot better than their 2-11 record. They have been very competitive in a lot of games, but always seem to shit the bed in the second half. As a Broncos fan, I just wanted it close heading into the 4th quarter.

Some other observations:

- Thigpen has really improved since his first few starts. He misses on a lot of throws though. I also wonder how he'll do when opposing coaches have an offseason of tape to look over.

- I hadn't gotten to see Flowers too much all year, but he is the real deal. Enjoy watching him for the next 10 years.

- Was I not paying enough attention, or did I not see Derrick Johnson make a play all game?

Nice post :clap:

I to was keeping hope that it would be a close game, and thankfully it was. Living in Bronco country, it would have been bad to listen to the crap had we got blown out. But all that I have talked too, were very surprised and some pleased with how close it was.

#1 he'll probably suck really bad, if you believe what some on this BB say. :shake:

#2 Flowers hopefuly keeps it up, and will be here for us to enjoy.

#3 yea it was nice to see.

#4 he made a couple plays, but not when it would have really mattered.

#5 hopefully we will. :shrug:

Ultra Peanut
12-08-2008, 06:50 AM
#5 hopefully we will. :shrug:Why?!

MagicHef
12-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Why?!

Because San Diego is stupid.

Darth CarlSatan
12-08-2008, 08:19 AM
It's not as fun when we suck so badly, is it?

You play to win the draft.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-08-2008, 11:28 AM
damn this division sucks. All the teams are retarded it's jut the Broncos are the semi-smart retard of the bunch

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
damn this division sucks. All the teams are retarded it's jut the Broncos are the semi-smart retard of the bunch

In a land of Akili Smith's, they are Vince Young.

Reerun_KC
12-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I still cant believe that Cutler was running the ball, switched hands, lowered his shoulder and just totally punked Flowers ass on the sideline...

I was stunned to say the least....

Coach
12-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Why?

Just wanted to see what he has to say, as a NFL fan, that's all.

Taco John
12-08-2008, 06:06 PM

I think he's a quarterback that you guys can win games with. Sage Rosenfelds. Trent Green for that matter. I think you've got a guy who can run an offense, but is going to make his fair share of mistakes. A standard (almost proto-typical) KC-style quarterback (Deberg, Grbac, pick a guy). I can't see any reason why you guys should spend any more resources on the position, when you can give him another year to work in the system and get comfortable, and improve the other needs your team has.

OnTheWarpath58
12-08-2008, 06:08 PM

Some other observations:

Is dropping an INT considered "making a play?"

If not, then no. He was invisible.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I think he's a quarterback that you guys can win games with. Sage Rosenfelds. Trent Green for that matter. I think you've got a guy who can run an offense, but is going to make his fair share of mistakes. A standard (almost proto-typical) KC-style quarterback (Deberg, Grbac, pick a guy). I can't see any reason why you guys should spend any more resources on the position, when you can give him another year to work in the system and get comfortable, and improve the other needs your team has.

Rule #1: If you don't have a franchise quarterback, it's your #1 need.

MahiMike
12-08-2008, 06:29 PM

El wrongo...:shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
El wrongo...:shake:

Yeah, what do I know? That's just the golden rule of the draft.

Bowser
12-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm not here to make a case for Thigpen being a future franchise QB, but fuck me, this team needs a pass rusher in the worst possible way.

Darth CarlSatan
12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm not here to make a case for Thigpen being a future franchise QB, but fuck me, this team needs a pass rusher in the worst possible way.

Never in my time as a fan have I seen such a pathetic LB Corps and weak lines.

The O-line can barely protect, and forget about opening holes for LJ or Charles; it ain't happening.

The D is so bad, they're starting to make Carr, Flowers, and Leggitt look skitzy at times.

It is truly horrible. Horrible.

Davechief
12-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Worst pass rush in NFL History. I'd say we do need to target some help in that area, either in the draft or free agency.

Darth CarlSatan
12-08-2008, 08:10 PM
My general philosophy regarding LB's and linemen is 1 draftee, 1 FA.

A seasoned guy for every kid you want to develop.

Taco John
12-08-2008, 09:02 PM

I hope that you guys observe this rule in the draft. We need a Defensive End in the first round, and if you guys take one off the board, that's one less on the board when we draft.

KcMizzou
12-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm not here to make a case for Thigpen being a future franchise QB, but fuck me, this team needs a pass rusher in the worst possible way.Yeah, that's about where I'm at.