PDA

View Full Version : Some help guys...

Mecca
12-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I have really bad WR's but I've managed to make it into the playoffs as the #1 seed...

I only have to start 2 WR's and Brandon Marshall is my lock starter....problem is my other spot is Jericho Cotchery or DeSean Jackson...

Anyone got any sleepers that might be available that could get me more than say a point...

Santonio Holmes Steve Breaston Davone Bess and a host of others are available.

DeezNutz
12-08-2008, 10:24 PM
I have really bad WR's but I've managed to make it into the playoffs as the #1 seed...

I only have to start 2 WR's and Brandon Marshall is my lock starter....problem is my other spot is Jericho Cotchery or DeSean Jackson...

Anyone got any sleepers that might be available that could get me more than say a point...

Santonio Holmes Steve Breaston Davone Bess and a host of others are available.

If you're in a PPR league, Bess could be a great option. Dude had 9 catches last week. Plus, he'll be playing the Chiefs soon, assuming you advance.

Jackson = 0 fucking catches last week. Guess who had him in his lineup?

OnTheWarpath58
12-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Breaston is my emergency guy, but he never plays.

Marshall is my lock as well, and I shuffle between Bowe and Evans as my #2, depending on matchups.

More often that not, either Bowe or Breaston was the after-the-fact best play.

I'd pick up Breaston.

The other guy I'd consider if he's available is Derrick Mason. Flacco seems to target the fuck out of that guy.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
What happened is this league has a bunch of teams 14, and I figured I'd stock backs and I'd get a trade offer......unfortunately I didn't get any so in a league where I start 2 backs I have 5 good RB's which has saved me with some of the injuries I've had but my WR's are bad..

Guys like Mason aren't available and it's not PPR, it's points for yards and tds.

OnTheWarpath58
12-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Deion Branch?

He's up against the weak-ass Rams secondary this week?

Mecca
12-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Deion Branch?

He's up against the weak-ass Rams secondary this week?

He's on a team.....

DeezNutz
12-08-2008, 11:11 PM
He's on a team.....

Vincent Jackson would be a great play this week.

Given your options, I would still say Bess. You want someone you know will be targeted, and his 20 catches in the last 3 weeks are proof of this.

He'll get yards, and maybe you'll get lucky with a score. Not laid of course, but a Bess TD.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Vincent Jackson would be a great play this week.

Given your options, I would still say Bess. You want someone you know will be targeted, and his 20 catches in the last 3 weeks are proof of this.

He'll get yards, and maybe you'll get lucky with a score. Not laid of course, but a Bess TD.

He's on a team too....really anyone who is very well known or is a starter is probably on a team unless they got injured.

It's a 14 team league...

KCCHIEFS27
12-09-2008, 02:07 AM
first target Breaston, he has two good match-ups in the next three weeks with a couple of sketchy pass defenses coming to Arizona..and if Seneca Wallace and his horrible receiving core can get some yards on New England, I sure hope Kurt Warner can too..

rtmike
12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Is Kevin Curtis coming back from injury. If not, I'm rolling the dice with D. Jackson.
I too am a #1 seed and this is the first game of the playoffs. My WR's suck as well. Luckily I've had Burner, Westbrook & Brees to ride.