PDA

View Full Version : FF: Thinking ahead to 2009

OnTheWarpath58
12-09-2008, 03:20 PM
What a shitty season.

I'm my 12 team money league, I am the 3rd highest scoring team, but finished the regular season in LAST place, ensuring the #1 pick for 2009.

So, even though I'm on my way to winning our consolation bracket, (we call it the Toilet Bowl, and have a plunger as a traveling trophy - plus the "winner" gets half his entry fee back) I'm already thinking about draft strategy for next year.

Barring an injury/arrest/etc, Adrian Peterson will be the pick at #1 overall.

But my next four picks are going to make or break my season, since they are so damn far apart.

My thinking as of now is to take the best available RB and QB in rounds 2/3.

Then, take the best available WR's in rounds 4/5.

That would leave me to take the best available TE and the next best overall player (hopefully RB) in rounds 6/7.

Obviously, there are a lot of factors that could screw this up, but I'm thinking it's a good start. There has never been a team in our league win the Championship after drafting lower than 6th/12. I need to change that.

Thoughts?

Pestilence
12-09-2008, 03:31 PM
What kind of scoring does your league have?

Pestilence
12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I feel your pain too. I was the 2nd highest scoring team in the league and I just got knocked out of the 1st round of the playoffs because Lynch and Colston scored me a combined 6 points.

OnTheWarpath58
12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
What kind of scoring does your league have?

Standard.

1 point per 25 passing yards for QBs.

1 point per 10 rushing/receiving yards.

6 points for TDs.

-2 for INTs or fumbles.

Ceej
12-09-2008, 09:25 PM
So, who is the first rookie taken in a 2009 FF draft?

Crabtree?

In my money league McFadden was taken in the 3rd round - 15 round draft, 14 players. Talk about a stretch.

If KC continues to implement this spread offense and Thigpen IS the starter next year where would you guys assume he is drafted?

Next year I plan on starting my own league due to some "shady business" (in one of the leagues I'm currently in)which I've noticed.

I think I'm going for a 12-14 team league.

1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1K, 1D.

Probably a PPR league too.

What sort of methods or unique characteristics do some of your leagues have?