i thought this was amusing

pic in next post

phisherman
12-11-2008, 10:38 AM
pic attached

beach tribe
12-11-2008, 10:41 AM
pic attached

That'a pretty suburban hair do he's got there.

RaiderH8r
12-11-2008, 10:52 AM
That'a pretty suburban hair do he's got there.

He's gone suburban dad, and that's cool. I have too but that doesn't mean we can't rock some serious metal. Well, as long as we rock it before I put the children down because I don't want to wake them up. Well shit, before bed it is bath time. OK, metal before bath ti....ahhhhhh...crap, we've got dinner before bath time and a play date before that. Well, before the play date and after I pick them up from day care....THAT'S when we'll rock some metal James. You, me, and BATTERY right there, kicking ass and taking names after day care but befo...what's that honey? You need me to pick up some milk and eggs from the store? But I've got metal and shit. Well, I know we need them but can't I go later? Why? Can you go? Well can't you skip stitch and bitch tonight? You can't eh. Shit. Alright James we're a no go after day care but before the play date. That sucks. Alright, before I get the kids from daycare. F'ing A man, that's when we'll rock it and all the better because the kids will be away...hang on a sec, my phone's ringing. Hello. (it's the office)Yeah. I got that done to specs and signed off earlier. What the hell does he need now? He's calling from Barbados about this? Are you kidding me? Alright. Shit James, I gotta take this. what's your Saturday look like?

Demonpenz
12-11-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't really mind it. We can't all carry over the angst and anger of youth. Vodka was going to put him in the ground for good, I have hope maybe he will still do some cool shit musically.

Demonpenz
12-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I like how the bassist is tagging along. Wtf haha

Reaper16
12-11-2008, 11:19 AM
That's a great caption.

Pestilence
12-11-2008, 11:28 AM
ROFL

Taco John
12-11-2008, 12:02 PM
This is the problem with all old metal rockers and even gansta rappers.

After a certain amount of commercial success, you're like "what the **** are you still pissed about? get the **** out of my face!"

Sure-Oz
12-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Mark Mcgwire sure has trimmed up since stopping the roid use

Deberg_1990
12-11-2008, 12:05 PM

After a certain amount of commercial success, you're like "what the **** are you still pissed about? get the **** out of my face!"

Everyone loses their "Edge" when they get older. Its only natural. Like you said, what do these old rich dudes have to be angry about anymore??

Reaper16
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
You don't have to be angry to make some good metal music. See: Death Magnetic. Metallica have to be content as pigs in shit, but they still brought the riffs.

Brock
12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
He's like "Trujillo - bring the car around".

Demonpenz
12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
I wonder what kind of riffs hietfield has come up with and forgot over the years.

Pitt Gorilla
12-11-2008, 12:51 PM
It's cool that he's hanging with Rob. At least they must semi-like each other. It always seemed that everyone hated Newstead.

Taco John
12-11-2008, 01:04 PM
You don't have to be angry to make some good metal music. See: Death Magnetic. Metallica have to be content as pigs in shit, but they still brought the riffs.

I have a feeling that we're going to have a difference of opinion on the last time Metallica made some good metal music.

Deberg_1990
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I have a feeling that we're going to have a difference of opinion on the last time Metallica made some good metal music.

Death Magnetic is great.

KCUnited
12-11-2008, 01:12 PM
It's cool that he's hanging with Rob. At least they must semi-like each other. It always seemed that everyone hated Newstead.

Newstead was the guy after Cliff, he got it bad. He's the only one that was still interested in playing metal imo.

Taco John
12-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Death Magnetic is great.

In fairness to Metallica, I skipped that album. I pretty much tuned them out completely about five or so years ago.

Third Eye
12-11-2008, 01:35 PM

:clap:

And that is all I have to say because I refuse to get into this argument for the 30th time.

Reaper16
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
In fairness to Metallica, I skipped that album. I pretty much tuned them out completely about five or so years ago.
It's actually very, very good. Imagine my surprise.

Pestilence
12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Newstead was the guy after Cliff, he got it bad. He's the only one that was still interested in playing metal imo.

Yeah....Newstead was going to get it bad no matter what. To me....Metallica hasn't been good since he left.

Sully
12-11-2008, 04:41 PM

That's why I never thought eminem would last...his music was just much too real, and angry.Once you get that money rolling in, what do you really have to be pissed about?

Dayze
12-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I think Metallica's stuff is still 10x better than most of the stuff circulating on radio.

I haven't heard Death Magnetic; although yesterday while job searching I listened to the entire St. Anger album.

It's interesting; not the norm. I can see how alot of people couldn't/don't like it; I was in that camp when it came out. For some reason though, I really dug it yesterday.

Although, I hate the sound of the drums on that album; particularly the snare. There's this constant "tinging" sound on each song.