View Full Version : FFL Running back dilemna

Dartgod
12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
This week is my first playoff game (had a bye last week). My running backs are:

Steve Slaton (home vs. TEN)
Steven Jackson (home vs. SEA)
M. Jones-Drew (home vs. GB)
LenDale White (@ HOU)

Normally, I would play Slaton and Jackson, but now with the news that Fred Taylor is on IR, MJD is going to get more carries against a porous GB run defense.

So if I play MJD, who do I sit? Slaton against a tough TEN defense? He went for 116 and a TD against them in week 3.

Jackson has just come back from injury and is facing a weak SEA run defense. Is he too much of a risk given that he is probably not 100 percent?

Which of 2 of these would you start?

Also, is there any reason to start Eli Manning or Cassel over Thigpen? I've had Thiggy in my line up the last 3 weeks and am really hesitant to make a switch.

Thanks in advance...

Sure-Oz
12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I'd start Maurice Jones-Drew since Fred Taylor is out for the year...

GB's run defense is terrible, hell they are in general. I'd start Stephen Jackson too

Dartgod
12-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I'd start Maurice Jones-Drew since Fred Taylor is out for the year...

GB's run defense is terrible, hell they are in general. I'd start Stephen Jackson too
I've got MJD and Jackson in there now, so that's kind of the way I was leaning before this thread.

Any more opinions?

Dicky McElephant
12-11-2008, 05:03 PM
I would go MJD and Jackson with Thiggy at QB.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I'd start Thigpen just cause we throw a ton....2nd id go with Cassell but his father just died so who knows if his head will be in the game.

Buck
12-11-2008, 05:33 PM
For me its:

Steve Slaton vs. Tennessee
Chris Johnson @ Houston
Marshawn Lynch @ NY Jets

Pick 2

Thanks

El Pendejo
12-11-2008, 05:58 PM
For me its:

Chris Johnson @ Houston
Marshawn Lynch @ NY Jets

Pick 2

Thanks

Slaton and Johnson.

Dicky McElephant
12-11-2008, 06:04 PM
For me its:

Chris Johnson @ Houston
Marshawn Lynch @ NY Jets

Pick 2

Thanks

Easy. Slaton and Johnson.

Old Dog
12-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Slaton and MJD

Old Dog
12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
For me its:
Chris Johnson @ Houston

there you go

patteeu
12-12-2008, 08:52 AM

LenDale White (@ HOU)

Normally, I would play Slaton and Jackson, but now with the news that Fred Taylor is on IR, MJD is going to get more carries against a porous GB run defense.

So if I play MJD, who do I sit? Slaton against a tough TEN defense? He went for 116 and a TD against them in week 3.

Jackson has just come back from injury and is facing a weak SEA run defense. Is he too much of a risk given that he is probably not 100 percent?

Also, is there any reason to start Eli Manning or Cassel over Thigpen? I've had Thiggy in my line up the last 3 weeks and am really hesitant to make a switch.

Thanks in advance...

My opponent has Steven Jackson on his bench as of today and Ryan Grant in his lineup. I'm hoping he doesn't make the switch because I fear Jackson this week.

If I were you, I'd probably go with MJD and Jackson.

For me its:

Chris Johnson @ Houston
Marshawn Lynch @ NY Jets

Pick 2

Thanks

Definitely Slaton and Johnson.

patteeu
12-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I've got:

Thomas Jones vs BUF (17th in yrds allowed, 12 TDs allowed)
Ron Brown vs SF (14th in yrds, 13 TDs)
Jonathan Stewart vs DEN (26th in yrds, 17 TDs)

I'm planning on starting Jones for sure. Stewart's been riding my bench all season, but I'm thinking about putting him in for Brown this weekend. Anyone have an opinion?

Dartgod
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
My opponent has Steven Jackson on his bench as of today and Ryan Grant in his lineup. I'm hoping he doesn't make the switch because I fear Jackson this week.

That's pretty much where I'm headed. I guess I just hate to bench Slaton. I've played him every week since I acquired him in a trade at mid-season. With Jackson going down to injury, I would have never got a first-round bye without Slaton.
I've got:

I'm planning on starting Jones for sure. Stewart's been riding my bench all season, but I'm thinking about putting him in for Brown this weekend. Anyone have an opinion?That's a tough one. Brown has averaged more carries per game than Stewart all season, but Brown does not put up huge numbers. Stewart is appealing because of a big week last week, but the last time he had nice numbers (week 11 with 15 carries for 130 + a TD), he followed up with 5 carries for 15 yds and 4 for 56 (with a 41 yard run). Too inconsistent for my tastes.

I'd go with Brown just for the fact that he will get more touches. I don't envy your position.

Chazno
12-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Too many good matchups here. Any help would be appreciated.

D. Rhodes vs Det ( Addai is out)
Portis vs Cin
D Williams VS Den
LT Vs Chiefs

Wondering if Redskins will go up big and sit Portis due to injury issues. I doubt I can go wrong here but tell me who the top 3 are in your opinion.

Chazno
12-12-2008, 03:07 PM

Definitely Slaton and Johnson.

Agree

LenDale White (@ HOU)

MJD & Jackson

patteeu
12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Too many good matchups here. Any help would be appreciated.

D. Rhodes vs Det ( Addai is out)
Portis vs Cin
D Williams VS Den
LT Vs Chiefs

Wondering if Redskins will go up big and sit Portis due to injury issues. I doubt I can go wrong here but tell me who the top 3 are in your opinion.

Wow, what an embarrassment of riches. I'd go Williams for sure. After that, it's a crap shoot. I'd be tempted to go Portis and Rhodes, but that might just be the Chiefs homer in me doing the talking. Since it's hard to see how you can go wrong, maybe you should have your dog or your infant child pick your starters so you can rub it in the face of whoever you end up beating.

jjchieffan
12-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Wow, what an embarrassment of riches. I'd go Williams for sure. After that, it's a crap shoot. I'd be tempted to go Portis and Rhodes, but that might just be the Chiefs homer in me doing the talking. Since it's hard to see how you can go wrong, maybe you should have your dog or your infant child pick your starters so you can rub it in the face of whoever you end up beating.

I have a similar dilemma. I am rich at running back. I already sat Forte on Thursday, now I need to pick 2 out of the remaining 3. I have LT @ KC, Turner vs. TB, and Gore@ Miami. I also need to choose a QB. Romo vs. NYG, McNabb vs. Cle, and Cutler @Car. I currently have McNabb, LT, and Turner. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

patteeu
12-12-2008, 05:11 PM
I have a similar dilemma. I am rich at running back. I already sat Forte on Thursday, now I need to pick 2 out of the remaining 3. I have LT @ KC, Turner vs. TB, and Gore@ Miami. I also need to choose a QB. Romo vs. NYG, McNabb vs. Cle, and Cutler @Car. I currently have McNabb, LT, and Turner. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

According to cbssportsline.com, Gore is unlikely to play this weekend

According to The San Francisco Chronicle, Niners RB Frank Gore remains unlikely to play at Miami in Week 15 as he continued to miss practice with a severe ankle sprain and was still limping in the locker room. DeShaun Foster is still expected to start in his place. "I'm just preparing like any other week, making sure I'm ready to go," Foster said Thursday. "I stay in shape. Physically I'm ready to go. Frank's a great back. We have two different styles. He can do everything. I'm preparing to help the offense and carry the load."

So I think you've got the right RBs selected. I don't have problem with your McNabb pick either.

RJ
12-12-2008, 05:44 PM

LenDale White (@ HOU)

Thanks in advance...

I would start Slaton and Jones-Drew. Jones-Drew, Thomas Jones and Matt Forte all fared pretty well from a fantasy POV against the Titans in the past few weeks.

I see no reason to bench Thigpen. He's going to put up points every week. Between the spread offense and our horrific defense you know he's throwing the ball.

RJ
12-12-2008, 05:45 PM
I've got:

I'm planning on starting Jones for sure. Stewart's been riding my bench all season, but I'm thinking about putting him in for Brown this weekend. Anyone have an opinion?

I agree, I think Stewart is the better start this week.

Hoover
12-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Thigpen or Rivers?

RJ
12-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Thigpen or Rivers?

Damn, that's tough. I'd go with Rivers but it's basically a coin flip.

Spicy McHaggis
12-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Pick 3 of the 4 for me:

Slaton
Westbrook
Portis
Michael Turner

I'm thinking Westbrook and Portis for sure and I'm torn between Slaton and Turner. Slaton actually had a good game against Tenn last time they played.

El Pendejo
12-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Pick 3 of the 4 for me:

Slaton
Westbrook
Portis
Michael Turner

I'm thinking Westbrook and Portis for sure and I'm torn between Slaton and Turner. Slaton actually had a good game against Tenn last time they played.

Westbrook and Portis for sure. Flip a coin between Slaton, and Turner. There are good arguments for playing either of them.

I'm still having problems picking two of Thomas Jones, Michael Turner, and Steven Jackson. Right now I'm leaning towards Jones, and Jackson. It's hard to sit Turner, but my guy tells me Jackson is due to go off.

eazyb81
12-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm in a semifinal this week. My roster is basically set, but which defense would you start?

Baltimore vs. Pitt, or

Philly vs. Cleveland

Baltimore has been better this year, but Pitt is good. Meanwhile, Cleveland should be pretty crappy on offense now with Dorsey at QB.

patteeu
12-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm in a semifinal this week. My roster is basically set, but which defense would you start?

Baltimore vs. Pitt, or

Philly vs. Cleveland

Baltimore has been better this year, but Pitt is good. Meanwhile, Cleveland should be pretty crappy on offense now with Dorsey at QB.

I'd go with Philly because of Dorsey, but you probably can't go wrong either way.