PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Has anyone else had issues with this Call of Duty game...

Mecca
12-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Well firstly it makes the 360 sound like it's dying which is just bizarre to listen to...but on top of that half the time it doesn't wanna read the disc.

A friend of mine says the case they package it in fucks up the disc because it's nearly impossible to get out which it is and it cracks the plastic around the circle which if you look it does and then you have these crack lines coming out from it..

I know a few people who've had this happen...

Apparently the people who made this game suck.

Buck
12-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Well, I did have one problem once while playing campaign where it froze..

This was on PS3, but all PS3 cases are the same, I would assume its the same for 360, no?

Anyways, no problems here.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Well, I did have one problem once while playing campaign where it froze..

This was on PS3, but all PS3 cases are the same, I would assume its the same for 360, no?

Anyways, no problems here.

Actually no not all 360 cases are the same, some the games come out easily others are nearly impossible. The one this game is in makes you feel like the game is going to break when it comes out.

Guru
12-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I hate all of the cases. There has to be a better way to package these disks without having to worry about them getting cracked because the case is too tight.

Buck
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Actually no not all 360 cases are the same, some the games come out easily others are nearly impossible. The one this game is in makes you feel like the game is going to break when it comes out.

That is stupid.

Maybe you can take back the one you have and tell them its messing up your 360 and they'll switch it out???

Mecca
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
That is stupid.

Maybe you can take back the one you have and tell them its messing up your 360 and they'll switch it out???

I doubt it I've had it for over a month....those stores are all real bitchy about exchanging anything.

TinyEvel
12-12-2008, 05:57 PM
I doubt it I've had it for over a month....those stores are all real bitchy about exchanging anything.

Buy another one. Take back the cracked one. Ask for a refund.

This exact thing happened to me on COD4. I blamed someone in my office, since I had it at work and the next time I loaded it it would not work.
I threw the disk away and later realized I could have done the above.

By The Way...

PS3 is teh rulez! I've never had these packaging problems..oh ,wait. okay just that one time.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 06:10 PM
They won't refund my money for an opened game....all I could get would be another game of the same...

No place will refund your money on a game anymore unless it's unopened.

Dicky McElephant
12-12-2008, 06:13 PM
They won't refund my money for an opened game....all I could get would be another game of the same...

No place will refund your money on a game anymore unless it's unopened.

Yeah....all they do anymore is just exchange it for the same game.

Brock
12-12-2008, 06:14 PM
You should be able to exchange it.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 06:15 PM
You should be able to exchange it.

Its been over 30 days....and the game has marks on it which they'd likely accuse me of doing despite it being the shitty packaging.

Brock
12-12-2008, 06:17 PM
You need to try it anyway. It doesn't cost the store a dime to exchange the game.

Mecca
12-12-2008, 06:18 PM
You need to try it anyway. It doesn't cost the store a dime to exchange the game.

I'll give it a shot but any other time I've dealt with a store regarding video games they turn into real bitches about it.

I had this one game that kept freezing and this fool put it in the display 360 and goes "doesn't look like it's freezing to me" after about 35 seconds.

Brock
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Any time I get those kinds of problems, I just ask for the store manager. Usually the boob at the counter will either give me what I want at that point or the store manager will.

KCChiefsMan
12-12-2008, 06:29 PM
hope you got the warranty on your 360 because it sounds like you are about the get the RROD

Mecca
12-12-2008, 06:31 PM
hope you got the warranty on your 360 because it sounds like you are about the get the RROD

It's that game...every other game is fine.

KCChiefsMan
12-12-2008, 06:34 PM
It's that game...every other game is fine.

it sounds like the symptoms I had when I got the RROD. I was mostly playing COD4 and it started to slowly die, but it did seem that I could play other games without a problem.

TinyEvel
12-12-2008, 11:50 PM
WTF is with every video game store employee acting like the comic book guy from the Simpsons

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 11:54 PM
They just throw it in the defective pile ususally. the guy don't loose money unless it is some sort of old school place where the dude is the owner that is the manager. Why would a manager or peon fight you when it isn't their money to loose. I scratched the hell out of rockband the first day (My xbox 360 fell over and it grinded it up) they traded me out a new one and even gave me a zjob

Buck
12-12-2008, 11:58 PM
They just throw it in the defective pile ususally. the guy don't loose money unless it is some sort of old school place where the dude is the owner that is the manager. Why would a manager or peon fight you when it isn't their money to loose. I scratched the hell out of rockband the first day (My xbox 360 fell over and it grinded it up) they traded me out a new one and even gave me a zjob

What is a ZJ?

ROFL

okcchief
12-13-2008, 01:51 AM
I haven't had any problems but I bought it for the 360. Mine xbox starting sounding like an airplane before I got the RROD. Everyone I know who has had an XBOX for two years has gotten it. It's inevitable. I have started to buy everything for PS3 now. I would sell my xbox if I could get a decent price for it. For now I have it just in case.

KcMizzou
12-13-2008, 10:14 AM
What is a ZJ?

ROFLDon't ask.

Demonpenz
12-13-2008, 10:41 AM
What is a ZJ?

ROFL

if you have to ask you can't afford it

Basileus777
12-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Install the game if you have the HDD space. I think it's some like 6.7 gigs. Installing it should eliminate any DRE issues and you won't have to listen to the DVD drive create all that noise.