PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Transformers

Dayze
12-15-2008, 01:23 PM
.....is easily, the worst movie ever made. Watched it last night and almost laughed at how awful that movie was.

that is all...

Frazod
12-15-2008, 01:28 PM
.....is easily, the worst movie ever made. Watched it last night and almost laughed at how awful that movie was.

that is all...

Heh. I've never seen it, but noticed it was on HBO and recorded in on my DVR. Haven't watched it yet. I'm expecting a full-blown suckfest, so with such low expectations I might actually like it.

Or I might never watch it and end up dumping off my play list in six months. Who knows?

luv
12-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I didn't think it was that bad. And isn't it geared towards kids, anyway?

blaise
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I have no interest in seeing it. It seems like a little kid movie. My brother tells me it's good, but I just can't imagine I'd care about the characters.

Jewish Rabbi
12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I thought it was really good, minus the shameless product placement. Then again, I never watched the Transformers cartoon. Those who have seem to hate the movie.

Gonzo
12-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Thought it was pretty good.

Dayze
12-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I thought I'd DVR it and watch it etc; not expecting much (agree with Luv etc)...but holy hell....

It was really, really bad.
Transformers and Mullholland Drive are the worst movies I've ever seen.

Demonpenz
12-15-2008, 01:40 PM
The robots where sweet when they were tearing shit up. The acting and everything else sucked. I jimp at the thought of megan fox tho

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I liked it.

Pestilence
12-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I've seen worse.

Fishpicker
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
I was a transformers fanatic as a kid. The live action movie just wasn't all that interesting. the original cartoon employed better voice actors.

Sure-Oz
12-15-2008, 01:55 PM
I thought it was pretty decent but could've been way better. The effects and explosions were sweet, acting was blah...

Still an enjoyable flick to me and what else do you expect from Micheal Bay?

Otter
12-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Two words: "Michael" "Bay"

You were expecting something with substance?

googlegoogle
12-15-2008, 02:06 PM
It was pure crap. Script was garbage. Targeted at kids so........that says it all.

Buck
12-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Lol, Its funny how you guys are making fun of Michael Bay.

Its just like in Entourage.

Anyways, I bought it on Blu-Ray cause it was $9. Its a cool movie for special effects, and Megan Fox is even hotter in HD.

Sure-Oz
12-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Lol, Its funny how you guys are making fun of Michael Bay.

Its just like in Entourage.

Anyways, I bought it on Blu-Ray cause it was $9. Its a cool movie for special effects, and Megan Fox is even hotter in HD.

I have it on HDDVD....heard Blu Ray will have a new version of Transformers come out when the 2nd one comes

Buck
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I have it on HDDVD....heard Blu Ray will have a new version of Transformers come out when the 2nd one comes

Probably, some people like to buy things twice.

I own the DVD of Transformers too.

I need to sell it.

I got the Blu-Ray for $9 on Amazon for Black Friday.

KevB
12-15-2008, 02:14 PM
I thought it was pretty decent but could've been way better. The effects and explosions were sweet, acting was blah...

Exactly. It was "PG" Michael Bay. I liked it ok, mostly because it was a special effects popcorn movie that my son could watch without too much filtering. And any movie with Megan Fox looking that good can't be the worst movie of all time.

Sure-Oz
12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Probably, some people like to buy things twice.

I own the DVD of Transformers too.

I need to sell it.

I got the Blu-Ray for $9 on Amazon for Black Friday.

Yeah i almost bought it but having the HD version i thought i'l wait. plus i may just get the newer version later, not sure what extras there will be.

Guru
12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen a movie with that kid in it yet that I have liked. they all suck.

I was a little ticked at the masturbation reference in it as well since I had my 12 and 7 yo boys with me. There was no reason for that to be there other than to do it for the stupidness of it.

aturnis
12-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I thought I'd DVR it and watch it etc; not expecting much (agree with Luv etc)...but holy hell....

What was wrong with it, other than the stupid ghetto robot?

Sully
12-15-2008, 04:28 PM
It was fun.
You don't go into a movie like that expecting substance. It is a bubble gum-type movie.
Just have fun with it.

Fishpicker
12-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I haven't seen a movie with that kid in it yet that I have liked. they all suck.

what's not to like about the kid? he's a legitimate triple-threat

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRLrwxv4Xzw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRLrwxv4Xzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thig Lyfe
12-15-2008, 05:13 PM
It was awful.

Bowser
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
If someone expected serious acting and a heavy, meaningful point to the story while going to see this, they deserve a kick in the balls. It was a mindless, escapist popcorn flick with cool CGI, nothing more.

Thig Lyfe
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
If someone expected serious acting and a heavy, meaningful point to the story while going to see this, they deserve a kick in the balls. It was a mindless, escapist popcorn flick with cool CGI, nothing more.

I suppose any coherency at all was too much to ask?

Deberg_1990
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Im a sucka for Michael Bay. I love his style.

No, hes not High Brow, but the man knows how to direct an action scene.

Funny how everyone disses him, yet his movies make millions.

HC_Chief
12-15-2008, 06:41 PM
It was awful.

Yep.

Only redeeming quality was Meghan Fox. Dear God she is hot!

Buehler445
12-15-2008, 07:23 PM

I liked it for this reason. It was mindless fun.

Fire Me Boy!
12-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Heh. I've never seen it, but noticed it was on HBO and recorded in on my DVR. Haven't watched it yet. I'm expecting a full-blown suckfest, so with such low expectations I might actually like it.

Or I might never watch it and end up dumping off my play list in six months. Who knows?

You liked Troy.

This will be like Lawrence of Arabia for you.

:p

Bowser
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
I suppose any coherency at all was too much to ask?

BIG SHINY EXPLOSIONS

CARS TALKING

MEGAN FOX HAAAWT

STFU

J Diddy
12-15-2008, 09:05 PM

I was a little ticked at the masturbation reference in it as well since I had my 12 and 7 yo boys with me. There was no reason for that to be there other than to do it for the stupidness of it.

um, i'm pretty sure the 12 year old boy knows all about masturbation

that being said it was pretty clean all things considered

Btw, I thought it was cool
my son (6) is really into transformers so we went and saw it together
never mentioned a word about masturbation

J Diddy
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
you know what would have made this a great movie

if megatron killed optimus prime and then just walked away

then it would have substance

Demonpenz
12-17-2008, 08:22 AM
you know what would have made this a great movie

if megatron killed optimus prime and then just walked away

then it would have substance

No country for old transformers

Mr. Plow
12-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I saw the movie, then masturbated to Megan Fox.

Frazod
12-17-2008, 09:34 AM
You liked Troy.

This will be like Lawrence of Arabia for you.

:p

nlm

kc rush
12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't say it was the worst movie in the world, but it certainly wasn't good. I have no reason to ever see it again or its sequel. My wife and oldest son liked it.

When I think of Michael Bay, I think of the scene in South Park Imagination Land where the Pentagon asks him how he would use his imagination to stop terrorists. All he could come up with was special effects.

Fire Me Boy!
12-17-2008, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't say it was the worst movie in the world, but it certainly wasn't good. I have no reason to ever see it again or its sequel. My wife and oldest son liked it.

When I think of Michael Bay, I think of the scene in South Park Imagination Land where the Pentagon asks him how he would use his imagination to stop terrorists. All he could come up with was special effects.

You need to see this short film, Killing Michael Bay... it's about 14 minutes long.

http://www.spike.com/video/killing-michael-bay/2472952

A guy in KC made this a few years back... it's hysterical, especially if you're familiar with Bay's work.

Midnight_Vulture
12-17-2008, 09:57 AM

I am not surprised a number of simpletons on here wouldnt get David Lynch.
Mullholland Drive is a brillant film.

Midnight_Vulture
12-17-2008, 09:59 AM

ROFL
That would of been awkward. You should rent your kids' Eyes Wide Shut.ROFL

Fairplay
12-17-2008, 10:10 AM

I'm trying my best to be like you MV.

I'm pumping up my biceps and bought a crotch rocket and driving recklessly at night.

I will get there one day.

Frazod
12-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Another classic Midnight Dickbag post.

He can't just say "Mullholland Drive is a brilliant film." No. That's what a normal, well-adjusted, happy person would do. Just like 99% of his other bullshit posts, this miserable self-loathing prick has to include a blanket insult to a bunch of strangers in yet another failed attempt to assert his imagined superiority, by belching back the opinion of whatever douche critic does his thinking for him.

Bravo, dumbass. It never gets old. Really. :clap:

I'll tell you what - read Dune, then watch the movie Lynch directed based on that book. Then tell me what a visionary genious he is, you stupid motherfucker.

Baby Lee
12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
What was wrong with it, other than the stupid ghetto robot?

Anyone remember Meghan's diagnosis of his car troubles, I've erased it from my mind, but I remember is being the single stupidest bit of faux car speak ever. Way off from what the problem would be and totally inapplicable to the engine in question [something tells me it was something about his distributor cap when he had a computer controlled spark system].

So stupid, like explaining what went wrong with a souffle, by saying you hadn't braised the rib roast long enough.

Mr. Plow
Whoa now frazod, you're making a pretty big assumption he can read.

Sure-Oz
MV is a damn genious, he is a high brow movie expert, as well as getting arby's pussy with some mustard sauce on top

HC_Chief
12-17-2008, 02:08 PM
I'll tell you what - read Dune, then watch the movie Lynch directed based on that book. Then tell me what a visionary genious he is, you stupid mother****er.

Lynch's version is so much better. With the "Weirding Module" and neet-o "Muuuuad DIB!" 'splosions!! It would be pimp if I could just yell stuffs and make people 'splode!

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I saw the movie, then masturbated to Megan Fox.

amateur

While I saw the movie I was masturbating to megan fox.

The people in front of me in the theater were pissed.
:D

Guru
12-17-2008, 03:48 PM
ROFL
That would of been awkward. You should rent your kids' Eyes Wide Shut.ROFLheh. At least I knew what I was getting with Eyes Wide Shut.

Stinger
12-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Anyone remember Meghan's diagnosis of his car troubles, I've erased it from my mind, but I remember is being the single stupidest bit of faux car speak ever. Way off from what the problem would be and totally inapplicable to the engine in question [something tells me it was something about his distributor cap when he had a computer controlled spark system].

So stupid, like explaining what went wrong with a souffle, by saying you hadn't braised the rib roast long enough.

You where actually listening to that part .... impressive

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1225/757148181_ee29d1684a.jpg?v=0

Fairplay
12-17-2008, 04:20 PM
MV is a damn genious, he is a high brow movie expert, as well as getting arby's cock with some mustard sauce on top

FYP

Fairplay
12-17-2008, 04:21 PM
You where actually listening to that part .... impressive

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1225/757148181_ee29d1684a.jpg?v=0

Ha! Baby Lee was listening instead of watching, that's funny.

BWillie
12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
I thought Transformers was ALOT better than I thought it was, and wasn't geared towards kids as much as I thought as well. Maybe I'm just easily impressed.

KCChiefsMan
12-17-2008, 06:50 PM
I just thought it was stupid that they would gear that movie towards kids. People who played with transformers are all in at least their mid 20's now.

Midnight_Vulture
12-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Like I said, I wouldnt expect simpletons like fatzod or others on here to "get" M.Drive or any other Lynch film (Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Blue Velvet etc etc). That would be asking too much.

Stick to Troy fatzod. Thats more on your level haha.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Like I said, I wouldnt expect simpletons like fatzod or others on here to "get" M.Drive or any other Lynch film (Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Blue Velvet etc etc). That would be asking too much.

Yu r teh smart. I wissh I cud be lik yu. I cud get hot chiks.

Mr. Plow
12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
amateur

While I saw the movie I was masturbating to megan fox.

The people in front of me in the theater were pissed.

Well, when I was actually seeing the movie, I was masturbating to Christina Aguilera going down on Jennifer Aniston while Megan Fox masturbated. My wife was PISSED!

Fruit Ninja
12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Loved the cartoon and i loved the movie. The whole time i sat there just smiling. It was awesome.

Frazod
12-17-2008, 08:46 PM
After this:

Another classic Midnight Dickbag post.

He can't just say "Mullholland Drive is a brilliant film." No. That's what a normal, well-adjusted, happy person would do. Just like 99% of his other bullshit posts, this miserable self-loathing prick has to include a blanket insult to a bunch of strangers in yet another failed attempt to assert his imagined superiority, by belching back the opinion of whatever douche critic does his thinking for him.

Bravo, dumbass. It never gets old. Really. :clap:

I'll tell you what - read Dune, then watch the movie Lynch directed based on that book. Then tell me what a visionary genious he is, you stupid motherfucker.

All you've got is THIS?

Sounds like you're just as big of a pussy here as you must be in real life. Does the old fat guy have you crying like a little girl? C'mon sweetie, give it your best shot. Tell us what's so wrong with your empty little life that being a gutless cyberdick is your only outlet. I promise we won't laugh..... too much.

ROFL

Midnight_Vulture
12-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Keeping patting yourself on the back fatzod LOL. I just laugh my ass off at your posts cause it shows what a pathetic old out of shape POS that you are. How sad indeed.
In your real life you are a fat nobody. On here you think you are hot shit because you have over 50,000 posts...pathetic.

And by the way, Mullholland Drive was universally praised by critics and was nominated for a number of Academy Awards...OWNED.

Pestilence
12-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Keeping patting yourself on the back fatzod LOL. I just laugh my ass off at your posts cause it shows what a pathetic old out of shape POS that you are. How sad indeed.
In your real life you are a fat nobody. On here you think you are hot shit because you have over 50,000 posts...pathetic.

And by the way, Mullholland Drive was universally praised by critics and was nominated for a number of Academy Awards...OWNED.

How is it OWNED if all you do is read a quote off the back of the DVD?

Fire Me Boy!
12-18-2008, 10:44 AM

I'm not making any statement on the quality of Mulholland Dr., but it was only nominated for one Academy Award, Best Director, which it didn't win.

keg in kc
12-18-2008, 10:49 AM
It was good for what it was, and that's a braindead summer popcorn flick.

If you went in expecting Lawrence of Arabia, it's your own damn fault. The rest of us realized that anything under the umbrella of the "Transformers" lineup of toys probably wasn't going to be a life-changing theatre experience.

Al Bundy
12-18-2008, 11:00 AM
It was a real good movie.. I paid attention to a person from Peculiar once. I divorced her, thank god.

Pestilence
12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
It was a real good movie.. I paid attention to a person from Peculiar once. I divorced her, thank god.

:spock:

Frazod
12-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Nice try, but nobody's buying into your alleged ownage of anything. Again, I ask, what is wrong with you? What happened that you are so damaged, so broken, so angry that you have to be such a complete fucking douche on this BB? You can deflect and call me fat all you want, and continue to enforce that whole flaming idiot thing, but I'm right about you and you damn well know it. It's quite simple, really - if you weren't a horribly unhappy, miserable prick, you wouldn't behave the way you do.

Perhaps if you put some effort into improving your own unhappy life you'd start to feel better about yourself, and then you'd realize how pathetic your behavior here really is. But admitting you have a problem is the first step.

oaklandhater
12-18-2008, 11:16 AM

This and the fact that most of the original voice actors were willing to come back for this movie and bay turend them down for big name voice actors like Hugo Weaving.

Baby Lee
12-18-2008, 11:24 AM

Here are her observations

High rise double pump carburetor - no it's a Weber setup, that has it's manifold incorporated into the body
It squirts the fuel in so you can go faster - Umm, that's how ALL engines work
Looks like your distributor cap is a little loose there's no distributor

It's like they worked extra hard to get every detail exactly wrong, though it does have 'nice headers.'

Webers
http://www.alamomotorsports.com/weber/2xDCOE.jpg
Holley Double Pumper - note the metering bowls fore and aft
http://carburetorsandmore.com/032808671011.jpg
High Rise Manifold
http://www.rjays.com/Edelbrock/engine_images/EDL-7110.jpg
Normal Manifold
http://assets.autopendium.com/photo_images/1305/Chevy_Z28_intake_manifold_medium.jpg
Distributor Cap - the red thing at the back. Note also, this DOES have a high rise and a double pumper
http://www.crossroadsspeedequip.com/images/custom_engines/small_block_chey_sm.jpg

Now:
Transformers Engine

Midnight_Vulture
12-18-2008, 11:44 AM
I am actually quite happy but I do enjoy making fun of people...especially obese people LOL.

I will take the opinons of well respected film critics over some fat stupid slob on a message board anyday of the week.

Baby Lee
12-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I am actually quite happy but I do enjoy making fun of people...especially obese people LOL.

I will take the opinons of well respected film critics over some fat stupid slob on a message board anyday of the week.

And obviously either is superior to original thought.

Fairplay
12-18-2008, 11:51 AM

High rise double pump carburetor - no it's a Weber setup, that has it's manifold incorporated into the body

It's like they worked extra hard to get every detail exactly wrong, though it does have 'nice headers.'

See post #49 for what i was paying attention to during her little speech.

But yes, she was way off base with that. Thanks for the facts.

Frazod
12-18-2008, 12:41 PM

No you're not. You're a miserable butthurt loser. I know it. You know it. Every single thing you post here screams it. Obviously you don't understand people any more than you understand, well, anything else.

I really wish you had the mental capacity to appreciate how utterly fucking transparent you are. LMAO

Al Bundy
12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
No you're not. You're a miserable butthurt loser. I know it. You know it. Every single thing you post here screams it. Obviously you don't understand people any more than you understand, well, anything else.

I really wish you had the mental capacity to appreciate how utterly ****ing transparent you are. LMAO

Isn't he a Raider fan? If so.. the only phrase he will ever understand is "3 hots and a cot".

Baby Lee
12-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Isn't he a Raider fan? If so.. the only phrase he will ever understand is "3 hots and a cot".

Who can tell, he's swiping sweet laptops in San Diego, and taxing sluts in Atlanta, maybe he wanders dah erff like Kaine in Kung Fu.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Followup:

So whats everyones favorite Michael Bay movie??

Bad Boys II was the ultimate in testosterone driven entertainment for me.

Frazod
12-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Followup:

So whats everyones favorite Michael Bay movie??

Bad Boys II was the ultimate in testosterone driven entertainment for me.

I liked the first HALF of Armageddon. But once they actually got into space, it became so completely stupid that I couldn't even watch it when drunk.

Pearl Harbor was an abortion.

Never saw Bad Boys.

What else has he done?

Baby Lee
12-18-2008, 01:45 PM
I liked the first HALF of Armageddon. But once they actually got into space, it became so completely stupid that I couldn't even watch it when drunk.

Never saw Bad Boys.

What else has he done?

The Rock, The Island.

Strangely, Michael Bay gets the cred/blame for a lot of stuff he didn't do that has the same tone, Con Air, Independence Day, etc.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM

Never saw Bad Boys.

What else has he done?

Loved Armageddon. Definately a guilty pleasure.

He also made both Bad Boy flicks, The Island (probably his highest Brow flick) and The Rock.

The man is good at what he does. Low brow, testosterone action flicks.

Frazod
12-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Loved Armageddon. Definately a guilty pleasure.

He also made both Bad Boy flicks, The Island (probably his highest Brow flick) and The Rock.

I vaguely remember The Rock; thought it was OK but silly. Don't think I've seen The Island.

Demonpenz
12-18-2008, 01:58 PM
I wish they would bring the incectigons in. That would be sweet to have a bunch of man eating locusts ruining shit all over the place

Dayze
12-18-2008, 11:30 PM

agree to disagree, i suppose. I saw it, and people asked me "what what is about"......and I literally responed "I have no f*cking idea"

Dayze
12-18-2008, 11:35 PM

:thumb:

Guru
12-18-2008, 11:38 PM

Never saw Bad Boys.

What else has he done?I have to agree on Armageddon, but I did enjoy the flick overall.

Pearl Harbor was OK as far as just watching the magnitude of the actual attack. The rest of the movie was God awful.

I love the Rock but it is silly too.

The Island was great though. I really enjoyed that one even though I fully expected it to be complete junk.

J Diddy
12-19-2008, 12:06 AM
I have to agree on Armageddon, but I did enjoy the flick overall.

Pearl Harbor was OK as far as just watching the magnitude of the actual attack. The rest of the movie was God awful.

I love the Rock but it is silly too.

The Island was great though. I really enjoyed that one even though I fully expected it to be complete junk.

I liked armageddon, pearl harbor and the rock.

The love story portion of PH was pretty bad, but necessary imo to get the casual movie goer involved.

Guru
12-19-2008, 12:09 AM

The love story portion of PH was pretty bad, but necessary imo to get the casual movie goer involved.Screw the casual. Give me WAR!!!

Dayze
12-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Not to jump/hi-jack threads...

but as I was comparing those movies mentioned in previous posts and the applicable descriptions of 'good'/'great' movies etc.... it got me thinking of a recently viewed movie I never knew existed.

"The Assasination of Jesse James" (I may be getting the exact title wrong); it had Brad Pitt and Casey Afflex as main characters.....man, it was a really enjoyable moive to watch. Not a 'typical' western film. In fact, more of a biopic than anything.

I would recommend it; I had never heard of it until I saw it on HBO/Showtime etc and decided to DVR it.

Guru
12-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Not to jump/hi-jack threads...

but as I was comparing those movies mentioned in previous posts and the applicable descriptions of 'good'/'great' movies etc.... it got me thinking of a recently viewed movie I never knew existed.

"The Assasination of Jesse James" (I may be getting the exact title wrong); it had Brad Pitt and Casey Afflex as main characters.....man, it was a really enjoyable moive to watch. Not a 'typical' western film. In fact, more of a biopic than anything.

I would recommend it; I had never heard of it until I saw it on HBO/Showtime etc and decided to DVR it.Isn't this the one Fraz hated? Not sure.

KcMizzou
12-19-2008, 12:14 AM

The love story portion of PH was pretty bad, but necessary imo to get the casual movie goer involved.If the "love story" part of it had been well written, with good acting... it could have been a hell of a movie.

As it is, it's just a visual popcorn flick with long stretches of complete boredom.

Guru
12-19-2008, 12:15 AM
If the "love story" part of it had been well written, with good acting... it could have been a hell of a movie.

As it is, it's just a visual popcorn flick with long stretches of complete boredom.Kate Beckinsale makes it bearable.

J Diddy
12-19-2008, 12:17 AM
If the "love story" part of it had been well written, with good acting... it could have been a hell of a movie.

As it is, it's just a visual popcorn flick with long stretches of complete boredom.

yeah, but the good parts are pretty good

BWillie
12-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Why do people try to hate popcorn movies? They aren't supposed to be some epic tale and some amazing deep script that really moves you emotionally and intellectually. They are supposed to make you think...hey, that is pretty f*cking cool and keep you entertained.

Guru
12-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Why do people try to hate popcorn movies? They aren't supposed to be some epic tale and some amazing deep script that really moves you emotionally and intellectually. They are supposed to make you think...hey, that is pretty f*cking cool and keep you entertained.I would prefer a realistic movie to just stay realistic though. I hate it when they choose to go way over the top.

J Diddy
12-19-2008, 01:22 AM
I would prefer a realistic movie to just stay realistic though. I hate it when they choose to go way over the top.

you need to get laid

Why do people try to hate popcorn movies? They aren't supposed to be some epic tale and some amazing deep script that really moves you emotionally and intellectually. They are supposed to make you think...hey, that is pretty f*cking cool and keep you entertained.

exactly, thats the type of movies I prefer

Guru
12-19-2008, 01:48 AM
you need to get laid

No problems in that department.:thumb:

Fire Me Boy!
12-19-2008, 07:12 AM
you need to get laid

exactly, thats the type of movies I prefer

Because some people DON'T prefer that type of movie. I would much rather a movie make me think, challenge my ideals, present a subject in a manner I may not have thought about...

But I'm weird. I like movies that piss me off and make me cry, too.

:shrug:

Demonpenz
12-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I like both popcorn movies and drama's and all that shit. It is when you think something is going to be a serious movie and it is a pop corn movie that pisses you off. Like transformers was supposed robot godfather damnit

Deberg_1990
12-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Because some people DON'T prefer that type of movie. I would much rather a movie make me think, challenge my ideals, present a subject in a manner I may not have thought about...

I like those types of movies too. But dont you ever just want to lighten up and watch some stuff blow up to?

Frazod
12-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Isn't this the one Fraz hated? Not sure.

Yes. I walked out on it. It was horribly slow and boring. I think had I been there by myself I would have stuck it out (perhaps it got better) but I was there with the wife and our neighbor, and they were both obviously bored out of their minds. I thought the Brad Pitt eye candy aspect would get them past the dry parts, but it didn't.

Otter
12-19-2008, 11:11 AM

I don't hate popcorn movies. The Die Hards, Old School, Terminators, American Pie etc. but Transformers was just a bad movie by any standards.

Michael Bay is Hollywoods equivalent of a McDonalds drive through.

Fish
12-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I wish they would bring the incectigons in. That would be sweet to have a bunch of man eating locusts ruining shit all over the place

Dinobots >> Insecticons

Or maybe we could both be happy with Transformers 2: Dinobots vs. Insecticons?

Dayze
12-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Yes. I walked out on it. It was horribly slow and boring. I think had I been there by myself I would have stuck it out (perhaps it got better) but I was there with the wife and our neighbor, and they were both obviously bored out of their minds. I thought the Brad Pitt eye candy aspect would get them past the dry parts, but it didn't.

Interesting to hear a different perspective/opinion on it.

It was a bit slow, now that I think about it.

Midnight_Vulture
12-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Not surprised fatzod hated the Jesse James film. I am sure his fat ass was expecting a nonstop movie with shoot outs and gunfire.:shake:ROFL

That film was also brillant. It was a great character study but I know you wouldnt be able to understand that.

Skip Towne
12-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Not surprised fatzod hated the Jesse James film. I am sure his fat ass was expecting a nonstop movie with shoot outs and gunfire.:shake:ROFL

That film was also brillant. It was a great character study but I know you wouldnt be able to understand that.

I dunno. you understood it.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Midnite Vulture is going to make Siskel & Ebert look like amateurs when he gets his own show.

Baby Lee
12-19-2008, 12:28 PM
The one thing I really hate is the compressed backstory conventions, most notably employed in Con Air, in like the space of 30 seconds, we get the beats that Cage

is a soldier, on leave, who meets up with his sweetie, at a bar, where he meets a thug, and they fight, and Cage kills him, and he is convicted of murder, but he's still a good guy, BING BAM BOOM, cut, slice, pan, zoom, karate CHOP!!

Sully
12-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I actually just watched Assassination of Jesse James" last night.
I was REALLY impressed. It is definitely slow, but that doesn't bother me. The character depth was amazing, and Affleck and Pitt both did a tremendous job. I kept thinking to myself, "How can this movie be so slow, but I can't tear away from it?" I was seriously glued to the TV watching it.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Cage's (poe) southern accent in that movie was awful.

Baby Lee
12-19-2008, 12:52 PM
The starkest contrast is The Deer Hunter, where they spend countless moments showing the guys working, at a wedding, engaging in horseplay, hunting, so you have people you care about when they enter hell.

These shitty blockbusters. A marriage isn't a marriage, it's a two second shot of a woman in a bridal gown. A death isn't a death, it's a pan to a rain streaked headstone.

Frazod
12-19-2008, 01:10 PM

Apparently reading escapes you, as usual.

I saw the movie with two women who were both bored out of their minds. Even though it was, up to that point, painfully slow and boring, I would have stuck it out if it was just me, but primarily for their sakes, I left. That's another concept I'm sure you're unaware of, being such a hateful, antisocial misfit - CONSIDERATION OF OTHERS. I guess the drunken diseased whores you bang probably don't expect much in the man-being-nice-to-them department, so I doubt if any of them ever mention it to you. They're probably just happy if you don't beat them too much.

As for Jesse James, I know far more about him, what made him tick, and what he did during his life than you'll ever pick up from a movie, fucktard. Your knowledge and experience, as always, impress no one but yourself.

Perhaps I'll watch the rest of it one day, and form my own opinion of it. Notice I said MY OWN OPINION, you pathetic asslicker, not some fucking critic's.

hahaha

:rolleyes:

Frazod
12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I dunno. you understood it.

No he didn't, but he'll cut and paste a review, add a smiley, and then tell you how stupid you are.

What a genious. LMAO

Baby Lee
12-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Apparently reading escapes you, as usual.

I saw the movie with two women who were both bored out of their minds. Even though it was, up to that point, painfully slow and boring, I would have stuck it out if it was just me, but primarily for their sakes, I left. That's another concept I'm sure you're unaware of, being such a hateful, antisocial misfit - CONSIDERATION OF OTHERS. I guess the drunken diseased whores you bang probably don't expect much in the man-being-nice-to-them department, so I doubt if any of them ever mention it to you. They're probably just happy if you don't beat them too much.

As for Jesse James, I know far more about him, what made him tick, and what he did during his life than you'll ever pick up from a movie, ****tard. Your knowledge and experience, as always, impress no one but yourself.

Perhaps I'll watch the rest of it one day, and form my own opinion of it. Notice I said MY OWN OPINION, you pathetic asslicker, not some ****ing critic's.

hahaha

:rolleyes:

Poor fraz, has to be nice to women, . . . Cuz he's a fat slob. Laterz!!!

Frazod
12-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Poor fraz, has to be nice to women, . . . Cuz he's a fat slob. Laterz!!!

You forgot to add the "hahaha" at the end.

No Midnight Cumstain post is complete with it.

Otter
12-19-2008, 01:35 PM
I didn't care much for Assassination of Jesse James much myself.

Pitt played a great Jesse James. He definitely managed to give off a psychotic vibe and some of the visuals in the film (shooting at the trout through the ice comes to mind) are stunning but they seemed to take a 45 minute story and stretch it into 2 1/2 hours.

Goes from 4/5 to 3/5 for being too long in my book.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I wanted to like the movie Jesse James. I really did.

But it grew long and boring.

I never finished the movie.

I bet Jesse dies at the end though.

Frazod
12-19-2008, 01:45 PM

Pitt played a great Jesse James. He definitely managed to give off a psychotic vibe and some of the visuals in the film (shooting at the trout through the ice comes to mind) are stunning but they seemed to take a 45 minute story and stretch it into 2 1/2 hours.

I know people from rural Missouri can talk slow, but goddamn, nobody talks THAT slow.

Well..... I.......... think.............. we............. should............... go.............. rob............. that............. there................ train.

:ZZZ:

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
An editor should have sliced 25 minutes out of that movie easily.

Frazod
12-19-2008, 01:50 PM
An editor should have sliced 25 minutes out of that movie easily.

I sat through all four hours of Gods and Generals, and it wasn't as slow as that Jesse James movie.

Fire Me Boy!
12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I like those types of movies too. But dont you ever just want to lighten up and watch some stuff blow up to?

Sometimes. But 9 times out of 10 if given a choice I'll pick the more engaging film.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I like war movies, and i hope this movie is pretty much dead on historically when it comes out.

Valkyrie. I dislike Tom Cruise but i gotta see it.

True stories are better then fiction any time.

Frazod
12-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I like war movies, and i hope this movie is pretty much dead on historically when it comes out.

It does look interesting - let us know how you liked it.

It will have to be pretty good to get over the Tom Cruise Creepy Prick factor.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 02:21 PM
It does look interesting - let us know how you liked it.

It will have to be pretty good to get over the Tom Cruise Creepy Prick factor.

lol. I know what you mean.

Frazod
12-19-2008, 02:25 PM
lol. I know what you mean.

At this point, he's kind of like Michael Jackson, minus the whole child molester thing. :D

kc rush
12-19-2008, 02:43 PM
At this point, he's kind of like Michael Jackson, minus the whole child molester thing. :D

Xenu is going to kill you for saying that...(obligatory) you fat loser. ROFLROFL:clap:

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 02:47 PM
He's an idiot. You feel half gay watching him in a movie.

Why couldn't it have been another actor to play this role?

Guru
12-19-2008, 03:40 PM

True stories are better then fiction any time.the fact that that movie is not done in German concerns me. Cruise doesn't even attempt a german accent.

Frazod
12-19-2008, 03:44 PM
the fact that that movie is not done in German concerns me. Cruise doesn't even attempt a german accent.

Sort of like Costner doing Robin Hood.

Guru
12-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Sort of like Costner doing Robin Hood.yep

Frazod
12-19-2008, 04:02 PM
yep

He must have picked up that American accent while in captivity in the Holy Land. :D

J Diddy
12-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Sort of like Costner doing Robin Hood.

damn you i liked that one too

Frazod
12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
damn you i liked that one too

I liked it, too. Rickman and Wincott are both great villains, and Morgan Freeman was outstanding.

But the whole accent thing was was rather lame.

J Diddy
12-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I liked it, too. Rickman and Wincott are both great villains, and Morgan Freeman was outstanding.

But the whole accent thing was was rather lame.

I don't think costner has the range to pull off an accent convincingly.

Guru
12-19-2008, 04:25 PM
damn you i liked that one tooThe movie itself was very entertaining. Costner getting by on just being Costner hurt it a little though. They should have cast a better Robin.

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2008, 04:37 PM
He's an idiot. You feel half gay watching him in a movie.

Why couldn't it have been another actor to play this role?

Because Cruise produced this movie himself and is head of the studio that's financing it.

The cast includes many very good actors and when he wants to be, Bryan Singer's a great director.

I think it's a tough sell, though and would be even tougher had they filmed it in German.

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't think costner has the range to pull off an accent convincingly.

Except for Southern. :D

Costner's not an actor: He's Kevin Costner. If he's not in a familiar role, he can't pull it off. Much like Jennifer Aniston. She'll always be Rachel Green.

Both have no range.

Guru
12-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Because Cruise produced this movie himself and is head of the studio that's financing it.

The cast includes many very good actors and when he wants to be, Bryan Singer's a great director.

I think it's a tough sell, though and would be even tougher had they filmed it in German.I would actually be more interested if it had been done in German.

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I would actually be more interested if it had been done in German.

It would probably be a more interesting movie.

But it would have far less appeal (which is already limited).

Guru
12-19-2008, 04:41 PM
It would probably be a more interesting movie.

But it would have far less appeal (which is already limited).There are not very many that actually prefer authenticity.

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2008, 04:45 PM
There are not very many that actually prefer authenticity.

Right, which was why "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was dubbed for English audiences.

Personally, I prefer the sub-titled version.

Guru
12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Right, which was why "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was dubbed for English audiences.

Personally, I prefer the sub-titled version.I always want the subtitles the first time through. When I watch again, then I prefer to just have the english dubbing.

Das Boot is not the same movie when dubbed.

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2008, 04:54 PM
I always want the subtitles the first time through. When I watch again, then I prefer to just have the english dubbing.

Das Boot is not the same movie when dubbed.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 05:22 PM
I always want the subtitles the first time through. When I watch again, then I prefer to just have the english dubbing.

I prefer subtitles. I like hearing their language.

KcMizzou
12-19-2008, 05:43 PM

Personally, I prefer the sub-titled version.If the movie's good enough, you'll forget you're reading subtitles.

That's how Let the Right One In, and Pan's Labrynth were for me.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 05:47 PM
If the movie's good enough, you'll forget you're reading subtitles.

I agree 100 percent.

Guru
12-19-2008, 05:48 PM
If the movie's good enough, you'll forget you're reading subtitles.

That's how Let the Right One In, and Pan's Labrynth were for me.I didn't really get into Pan's Labrynth.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 05:53 PM
I didn't really get into Pan's Labrynth.

I bought the movie before seeing it first. So i screwed up my own rule of thumb before buying the movie. I just didn't care for it as well.

I sold it the next day for 10 bucks (it was new for 20 bucks).

Deberg_1990
12-19-2008, 05:56 PM

I think it's a tough sell, though and would be even tougher had they filmed it in German.

I think it looks good.

Certainly looks like it turned out better than everyone intially thought it was going to be.

Singer is ok, but i dont think hes ever truly lived up to his intial hype.

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 06:05 PM

Kenneth Branagh is an excellent actor. And the others in the cast are very good actors as well.

I don't know who is playing Erwin Rommel. He had an important role in this.

And was killed for it as well. You wonder what would have happened if Hitler had been killed off. A coup i would imagine. And a declaration of surrender also.

I can't believe that bastard lived through it.

banyon
12-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Where's the love for the original movie?

Even after they shelled out the dough for this Van Halen song and to get Orson Welles in his final role?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkYuK3AKrxc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkYuK3AKrxc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fire Me Boy!
12-19-2008, 07:02 PM

The only thing that concerns me is how long it's been delayed... generally not a good sign.

It's also only at like 63% at Rotten Tomatoes.

Fire Me Boy!
12-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Except for Southern. :D

Costner's not an actor: He's Kevin Costner. If he's not in a familiar role, he can't pull it off. Much like Jennifer Aniston. She'll always be Rachel Green.

Both have no range.

Aniston actually does have range... she's pretty talented. Ever seen The Good Girl?

Dayze
12-19-2008, 07:46 PM
The starkest contrast is The Deer Hunter, where they spend countless moments showing the guys working, at a wedding, engaging in horseplay, hunting, so you have people you care about when they enter hell.

These shitty blockbusters. A marriage isn't a marriage, it's a two second shot of a woman in a bridal gown. A death isn't a death, it's a pan to a rain streaked headstone.

Speaking of "Deer Hunter"....I'll never forget it. The wife and Ihad just bought our 50" HDTV; and just received/installed our HD receiver etc; we were flipping through channels (watching anything in HD of course).

We stumbled upon the first few minutes of Deer Hunter - the next thing you knew we had watched the entire thing; and when it was over we felt "odd" ( in a good way).

Man, that movie had us reeled in emotionally. It was a trip; one of the best movies I've ever seen.

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Aniston actually does have range... she's pretty talented. Ever seen The Good Girl?

Yeah, I saw it.

I didn't care for her performance.

Frazod
12-20-2008, 12:57 AM
I didn't really get into Pan's Labrynth.

That's too bad. I absolutely loved that movie. In fact, I think it's the best film I've seen in years. After a while I didn't even notice the subtitles.

Guru
12-20-2008, 01:00 AM
That's too bad. I absolutely loved that movie. In fact, I think it's the best film I've seen in years. After a while I didn't even notice the subtitles.Someday I will give it another chance. It just didn't engage me the first time I tried it. it certainly looked appealing in the trailers though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Cage's (poe) southern accent in that movie was awful.

Forrest Gump Action Hero. That movie is in the Pantheon of "So Bad it's Great" flicks.

Malkovich, Buscemi, the dickbag US Marshall whose convertible gets pwnt...just awesomely bad.

Now, put the bunny back in the box.

Ebolapox
12-20-2008, 01:01 AM
ahhh, transformers.

I fucking lost it when the goddamned robot pissed on the guy. it was all over after that.

Frazod
12-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Someday I will give it another chance. It just didn't engage me the first time I tried it. it certainly looked appealing in the trailers though.

You really should. I cannot recommend that film highly enough.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm gonna go bump the Dexter thread.

J Diddy
12-20-2008, 01:22 AM
ahhh, transformers.

I ****ing lost it when the goddamned robot pissed on the guy. it was all over after that.

I laughed my ass off when that happened.

Frazod
12-25-2008, 11:17 AM

I finally saw the end of this last night. It was on HBO, and I recorded it and started watching from the point I left in the theater. Sure enough, the pace seemed to pick up, and it was still slow as shit, but lost in all that needless dead space were the makings of a pretty good movie. A decent editor who could have cut at least half an hour off its bloated length would have saved it.

But still, I'm glad I finished it. It was much better than I initially thought.

keg in kc
01-08-2009, 09:37 PM

Guru
01-08-2009, 11:38 PM
R U serious.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2009, 07:27 AM
R U serious.

Yes. Its been filming for awhile now.

Same cast i believe?

Baby Lee
09-12-2009, 09:59 AM

Webers
http://www.alamomotorsports.com/weber/2xDCOE.jpg
Holley Double Pumper - note the metering bowls fore and aft
http://carburetorsandmore.com/032808671011.jpg
High Rise Manifold
http://www.rjays.com/Edelbrock/engine_images/EDL-7110.jpg
Normal Manifold
http://assets.autopendium.com/photo_images/1305/Chevy_Z28_intake_manifold_medium.jpg
Distributor Cap - the red thing at the back. Note also, this DOES have a high rise and a double pumper
http://www.crossroadsspeedequip.com/images/custom_engines/small_block_chey_sm.jpg

Now:
Transformers Engine

Love it!! No less than Adam Corolla making the exact same rant on his CarCast [it's about 45 minutes in].

http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/