PDA

View Full Version : A big FUCK YOU to all the people who doubted my fantasy team

Douche Baggins
12-16-2008, 07:56 AM
In September, I asked people to rate my fantasy team. Several of you had stupid things to say:

More then likely you are going to suck then..

12 team league...its alright.

8 teams..... .500 team.

Weak at RB and WR depth.

Going to be tough for you in an 8 teamer. All the teams should be pretty much loaded.

For it being an 8 team league, I'd expect a better team.

You have 1 starting RB, the rest split carries. How are you please? 8-man league, your screwed.

Today I am in the championship game despite the fact that TOM FUCKING BRADY got Pollard'd in Week 1.

BITE ME HATERS.

Fishpicker
12-16-2008, 07:58 AM
soooooo... who was on you team again?

Douche Baggins
12-16-2008, 08:01 AM
soooooo... who was on you team again?

Players I picked. Because I'm awesome.

Skip Towne
12-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Players I picked. Because I'm a basement dwelling, virgin, parasite...

Buck
12-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Who fucking cares?

I drafted Tom Brady as well and made the playoffs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2008, 10:21 AM
H2H fantasy football is 90% luck.

After the team that I had this year got beaten, I'm sticking to Roto from here on out.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I just lost last week, with Big ben, LJ, willie parker, to and the vikings D. it was up and down all year long. Lost yesterday by like 3 points or something close....

Nzoner
12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Don't forget you had a little help as well on that Chris Johnson pick-up (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190378)

Deberg_1990
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM
H2H fantasy football is 90% luck.

After the team that I had this year got beaten, I'm sticking to Roto from here on out.

Yep. Very much agreed and i think im done with it.

I drafted Forte, C Johnson and M Turner and still lost. A Rodgers and Rivers were my QB's.

luv
12-16-2008, 12:33 PM

I drafted Forte, C Johnson and M Turner and still lost. A Rodgers and Rivers were my QB's.

Calvin, Chad, or Chris?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2008, 12:38 PM

Romo
Cutler
Rodgers
Turner
Barber III
Gore
Bush
Boldin
Jennings
Colston
Keller
Pittsburgh D

:shake:

Deberg_1990
12-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Calvin, Chad, or Chris?

Chris

Deberg_1990
12-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Hamas,

Explain to me the Roto thing please...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Hamas,

Explain to me the Roto thing please...

You pick your players, and the team with the most points at the end of the regular season wins.

It's a meritocracy, and it's easy in football.

Other sports like basketball and baseball do roto, but in a cumulative manner. Say there are twelve teams. If you have the most homeruns, you get twelve points--the least, you get one.

Add up all the categories, and the most points wins.

Pestilence
12-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Calvin, Chad, or Chris?

I'm sure he meant Chris.

Pestilence
12-16-2008, 12:54 PM
You pick your players, and the team with the most points at the end of the regular season wins.

Other sports like basketball and baseball do roto, but in a cumulative manner. Say there are twelve teams. If you have the most homeruns, you get twelve points--the least, you get one.

Is there a good free website to set up a league like that?

Deberg_1990
12-16-2008, 12:55 PM

Nice. I like the sound of that.

I actually am 2nd in points in my league, but will finish about 5th overall because its a Head to head *dumb luck* league.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Is there a good free website to set up a league like that?

yahoo

Pestilence
12-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Nice. I like the sound of that.

I actually am 2nd in points in my league, but will finish about 5th overall because its a Head to head *dumb luck* league.

Same here. I just finished 2nd in scoring and lost out in the 1st round of our playoffs. I actually just played in the 5th/6th place game and won. Not only did I win...but I scored enough points to beat anybody in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I'm really starting to think about moving towards a roto league.

How do the playoffs work though? Or are there playoffs?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Same here. I just finished 2nd in scoring and lost out in the 1st round of our playoffs. I actually just played in the 5th/6th place game and won. Not only did I win...but I scored enough points to beat anybody in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I'm really starting to think about moving towards a roto league.

How do the playoffs work though? Or are there playoffs?

No playoffs, just points. H2H in fantasy is bullshit. I'm fucking tired of it. I scored the most points in two leagues by a dickton and lost in the first round of both playoff games.

Reaper16
12-16-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm in the championship game, and look to be the favorite to win it, with this sparkling roster [Note: sarcasm. My team isn't that good].

D. Brees

B. Westbrook
S. Slaton

Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Lance Moore

J. Witten

Giants D/ST

Mason Crosby

Bench:
Matt Ryan
Pierre Thomas
Kevin Smith
C. Buckhalter
Donnie Avery
Deven Hester
Kevin Boss

So, yeah, H2H is dumb sometimes.

Buck
12-16-2008, 01:49 PM
In one of my leagues I scored 120 more points than anyone else, was the 4th seed and lost in the first round.

Thats how H2H goes.

In my other league, I was the 2nd lowest in scoring and I was the 3rd seed and lost in the 1st round.

Both were 12 man leagues.

Sure-Oz
12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
My favorite fantasy football games are Yahoo leagues with drafting and Gridiron Challenge on ESPN, where its a salary cap pick whatever player league and watch value go up.down

jjchieffan
12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
No playoffs, just points. H2H in fantasy is bullshit. I'm ****ing tired of it. I scored the most points in two leagues by a dickton and lost in the first round of both playoff games.

So what you are saying is that youu are the Marty Shottenheimer of fantasy football?:evil: