PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV 24: "Official" Season 7 thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Reaper16
03-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Exactly. I was a little weary of this actress going into the season playing the President, but she's been as bad as I expected and then some.

Jack should have just opened the safe room door just enough to get his gun out to shoot the daughter in the head.

After they have been pushing on us the whole "Jack is evil - Jack tortures people - Jack is the worst human being" on us ON TOP of them just showing us him torturing a guy for info there is NO WAY he would just casually open the safe room door to let the President get captured.

I can only hope that the President mistakes a stick of dynamite for her tampon.
Are you criticizing the character of President Taylor or the actress playing the character (Cherry Jones)? I can't figure that out.

Reaper16
03-04-2009, 09:00 AM
I honestly don't know why people are complaining about this season not being believable. When has 24 ever, ever been believable?

Mr. Plow
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Are you criticizing the character of President Taylor or the actress playing the character (Cherry Jones)? I can't figure that out.

Actress.

Frazod
03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I honestly don't know why people are complaining about this season not being believable. When has 24 ever, ever been believable?

There are levels to unbelievability. If John McClain stopping his fall down the vent by grabbing a ledge with his fingertips is a 1, and Keanu Reeves jumping a missing section of bridge in a friggin bus is a 10, Monday's episode of 24 was a 50.

Reaper16
03-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Actress.
I was confused because you gave those comments in reply to Siberian saying that the President is an abomination and an awful character.

Mr. Plow
03-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I was confused because you gave those comments in reply to Siberian saying that the President is an abomination and an awful character.

Sorry. I guess to clarify, I think the President character sucks - but I think with a better actress, the character would be better.

Frazod
03-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Sorry. I guess to clarify, I think the President character sucks - but I think with a better actress, the character would be better.

I actually don't have a problem with the actress. The problem is the character and the story are so ridiculous that Meryl Streep couldn't pull this off.

Mr. Plow
03-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I actually don't have a problem with the actress. The problem is the character and the story are so ridiculous that Meryl Streep couldn't pull this off.

You could be right.

Guru
03-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I honestly don't know why people are complaining about this season not being believable. When has 24 ever, ever been believable?Maybe season 1.

eazyb81
03-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Just finished this week's episode......wow, Bill completely choked. I was fully expecting him to pull something out of his ass or at least make an attempt, but instead he just sat there like a bump on a log.

Also, still confused why Jack had to put the sleeper hold on Bill earlier.

Reaper16
03-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Also, still confused why Jack had to put the sleeper hold on Bill earlier.
Jack didn't want to make Bill look complicit with Jack's very illegal use of torture on Ryan Burnett.

eazyb81
03-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Jack didn't want to make Bill look complicit with Jack's very illegal use of torture on Ryan Burnett.

Ah, okay, I guess that makes sense. Bill certainly didn't seem to hold it against him.

Also, still disappointed Bill didn't pull something out of his ass when everyone was being held hostage. They certainly built it up like he was contemplating some elaborate plan, but nothing.

Guru
03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
WTF is up with 24 and these "climate change" commercials?

Reaper16
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Don't worry. Bill will show up in two seasons, only fatter and angry at the government.

Guru
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Don't worry. Bill will show up in two seasons, only fatter and angry at the government.Maybe he will talk about his carbon footprint too.

Fruit Ninja
03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
No damn way Bill comes back. He's done. At least with Tony, they didnt really show him dying. I never thought Tony was dead to begin with. Iam convinced 100 percent Bill is a goner.

Guru
03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
No damn way Bill comes back. He's done. At least with Tony, they didnt really show him dying. I never thought Tony was dead to begin with. Iam convinced 100 percent Bill is toast.FYP

Fruit Ninja
03-09-2009, 11:24 PM
FYP

I am watching it right now, and i posted that before i seen Jack on the ground next to him mourning.

88TG88
03-09-2009, 11:58 PM
They have a plan. Jack gave the shifty eyes look. He's planning something

I KNEW IT !1111!

PhillyChiefFan
03-10-2009, 06:47 AM

It just seemed like Jack was pissed off at Bill. Like why hold a gun to his face?

I wonder how many more prongs to this attack there are? :hmmm:

BigRedChief
03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
It just seemed like Jack was pissed off at Bill. Like why hold a gun to his face?

I wonder how many more prongs to this attack there are? :hmmm:
Well this has to be the end game. Some kind of chemical or wmd weapons aimed at 16 US cities and obviously they want something in return for not using them.

Guru
03-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Well this has to be the end game. Some kind of chemical or wmd weapons aimed at 16 US cities and obviously they want something in return for not using them.Hmm, you know too much for an average citizen. Should we have you brought in for questioning?

BigRedChief
03-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Hmm, you know too much for an average citizen. Should we have you brought in for questioning?
Jack Bauer: We need to have a talk.
:eek:

DrRyan
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
This is about the time every season I start having a hard time making it through the season. I have always wished they called this show 8 or 10 or 12 of something instead of 24. So many episodes make it tough for me to stay interested to the end.

Last nights episode was a "on the edge of your seat" start to it then after killing the hostiles and securing the President, it slowed waaaay down.

Miles
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
No damn way Bill comes back. He's done. At least with Tony, they didnt really show him dying. I never thought Tony was dead to begin with. Iam convinced 100 percent Bill is a goner.

Maybe he has a twin brother with a highly similar personality and abilities?

88TG88
03-16-2009, 11:47 PM
So, looks like Red foreman just got capped.

Guru
03-16-2009, 11:59 PM
They are going out of their way to pin everything on Jack this year. Kind of irritating really.

DrRyan
03-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Olivia sure is a raging bitch wouldn't you agree? She wasted no time in being impossible to get along with.

Guru
03-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Olivia sure is a raging bitch wouldn't you agree? She wasted no time in being impossible to get along with.She changed clothes pretty damned fast too. They obviously had just her size laying around the White House.

Miles
03-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Olivia sure is a raging bitch wouldn't you agree? She wasted no time in being impossible to get along with.

Definitely making me remember Sherry Palmer with her character in this episode.

BigRedChief
03-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Definitely making me remember Sherry Palmer with her character in this episode.
yeah they haven't had a coniving bitch in the white house since palmer. Bet she faked the phone call too.

I thought something was up when Jack and the senator had reached a compromise. But this blaming everything on Jack is getting old. Seems like to me that by now he would have proved he was one of the good guys by now to the FBI and the White House.

eazyb81
03-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Damn, I did NOT see Red going down like that. That one caught me by surprise.

Reaper16
03-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I thought something was up when Jack and the senator had reached a compromise. But this blaming everything on Jack is getting old. Seems like to me that by now he would have proved he was one of the good guys by now to the FBI and the White House.

Yeah, the whole "How much can we shit on Jack?" shtick was worn out with season 6.

Lzen
03-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Damn, I did NOT see Red going down like that. That one caught me by surprise.

Red Foreman: "Dumb ass".

BigRedChief
03-24-2009, 08:08 AM
okay, I'm going to have to pile on the beat down of the woman president or the actress playing the woman president. Very sub par performance and its bringing down the season. I don't like this BS of blaming everything on Jack despite his saving their ass's how many times today? Its also taking away from the plot line.

Everyone knows that anyone can get killed, except for Jack so quit placing him in situations/cliffhangers that he might die. He's already died twice or 3 times hasn't he?

Frazod
03-24-2009, 10:48 AM
I knew the president's daughter was bent. Reminds me of a bitch I dated in high school - that leopard's not changing its spots.

gblowfish
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I just started kind of watching the show this season. Thoughts:

You really have to suspend reality to believe all this crap could happen in one day. The Presidents husband gets beaten almost to death, domestic terrorists raid an embassy, trapping the country's leader in a vault, vault is breached, car chase car chase car chase, Plane crashes outside Washington killing civilians... one hour later White House is breached, hostages taken, President hides in a safety vault with Jack Bauer, until they threaten to carve up her daughter....big ass explosions...all the terrorists inside die, then a PRESS CONFERENCE IS HELD INSIDE the White House an hour later after the inside was all shot to Hell?.... Huh???

The FBI has an internal security leak, a bad guy wipes all the hard drives, they don't TOTALLY LOCK DOWN the place and send everybody home? Then a US Senator gets shot to death in the doorway of his home, meanwhile Bauer drives off in a semi loaded with biological WMDs....

All this in less than one day?

Jesus, what does the nightly news lead off with THAT night???

Like I said, serious suspension of reality. If they called the show 30 DAYS it would be hard to have all this happen in that time frame.

Last night when the wind was howling at 50mph, the digital cable kept pixilating and freezing up. Made it impossible to watch 24. I saw some of it, although the picture would freeze and jerk around every 2 or 3 minutes. I'll have to catch the re-run.

Frazod
03-24-2009, 11:45 AM
The White House assault bit made me want to stab somebody in the eye with a fork. The show regularly takes liberties with reality, but when they stomp all over my intelligence I get a bit annoyed. But I'm hooked, so what can I do? Bastards.

:cuss:

88TG88
03-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Eh, it beats watching rock of love bus.

Fruit Ninja
03-24-2009, 06:10 PM
This is what i do when i watch tv shows. I tell myself, its a tv show, its a movie. Some things will not be realistic. Some thing are going to be a little bit over the top.

Ok, now that, i have that frame of mind, i can pretty much enjoy anything, unless its complete crap.

wild1
03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
that assault on the white house stuff was dumb. the rest of it has been pretty good but those episodes were eyerollers

Mr. Plow
03-30-2009, 11:47 AM
okay, I'm going to have to pile on the beat down of the woman president or the actress playing the woman president. Very sub par performance and its bringing down the season.

It has to be the actress. Every time she talks, I just want to punch her in her big face.

I don't like this BS of blaming everything on Jack despite his saving their ass's how many times today? Its also taking away from the plot line.

It is getting fucking annoying.

Everyone knows that anyone can get killed, except for Jack so quit placing him in situations/cliffhangers that he might die. He's already died twice or 3 times hasn't he?

Wife & I said that last night after watching last Monday's episode & preview of this week.....uhhh, Jack isn't going to die - why even waste screen time with it.

Short Leash Hootie
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Ok I'm a huge fan of 24...I just started on season 1 a few months ago AND finally caught up to tonight's episode...

Does Jack getting exposed mean the end of 24? I know it can't, but I can only imagine the spin on tonight's episode they'll have to keep Bauer alive.

Short Leash Hootie
03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
The White House assault bit made me want to stab somebody in the eye with a fork. The show regularly takes liberties with reality, but when they stomp all over my intelligence I get a bit annoyed. But I'm hooked, so what can I do? Bastards.

Well come on dude...if this was reality Jack Bauer would have died 900 episodes ago.

Instead, Jack Bauer is fucking awesome. Why isn't he running our country? Has he ever done wrong? This guy is a machine! He's my biological father, I know this.

DrRyan
03-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Ok I'm a huge fan of 24...I just started on season 1 a few months ago AND finally caught up to tonight's episode...

Does Jack getting exposed mean the end of 24? I know it can't, but I can only imagine the spin on tonight's episode they'll have to keep Bauer alive.

It means a nearly Jack Bauer-less episode tonight. They have had a couple of these in the past and they usually suck when Jack is not the focus of the episode. Here's to hoping that is not the case tonight.

Short Leash Hootie
03-30-2009, 07:57 PM
It means a nearly Jack Bauer-less episode tonight. They have had a couple of these in the past and they usually suck when Jack is not the focus of the episode. Here's to hoping that is not the case tonight.

I agree...hopefully this is more Jack Bauer than Tony.

Guru
03-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Crap, the sound keeps cutting out tonight.

88TG88
03-30-2009, 11:58 PM
IT'S ON, SHIT IS GOING DOWN !111111!!1!

PhillyChiefFan
03-31-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't understand something...

at the end when they are searching for the WMD's, why couldn't they have just used an Infrared system to see which building all the men and the WMD's were in?

PhillyChiefFan
03-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Well come on dude...if this was reality Jack Bauer would have died 900 episodes ago.

Instead, Jack Bauer is ****ing awesome. Why isn't he running our country? Has he ever done wrong? This guy is a machine! He's my biological father, I know this.

Dead or arrested.

"Larry, this is Jack. Hey I didn't kill that guy, I know you have me on video but the guy was wearing rubber face that looks like mine. Trust me."

Wonder how he is gonna get out of being infected?

Frazod
03-31-2009, 09:15 AM
I don't understand something...

at the end when they are searching for the WMD's, why couldn't they have just used an Infrared system to see which building all the men and the WMD's were in?

Made too much sense?
Infrared doesn't exist in the 24 universe?
We have to fill the rest of the day somehow?

:)

gblowfish
03-31-2009, 09:52 AM
On the infection thing....
Jack Bauer announces his retirement from Government Service, and starts doing Jackson Hewitt Tax commercials.

irishjayhawk
03-31-2009, 10:33 AM

This. Having said that, Seasons 5 & 6 (I'm pretty sure it was those two but could have been 4.) were too insulting to watch. I'm not sure why I gave this season a go, but I've been happier.

It has to be the actress. Every time she talks, I just want to punch her in her big face.

This x 1 gazillion.

It is getting ****ing annoying.

More annoying, to me, was that immediately after making her daughter active chief of staff and finding out that Jack wasn't responsible, her immediate decision wasn't "let's get back my trusted main main that I know and love and was about to reject his resignation and one that I haven't signed yet." The fact he didn't show up in that hour killed me. It was almost more insulting than the White House assault. Almost.

Wife & I said that last night after watching last Monday's episode & preview of this week.....uhhh, Jack isn't going to die - why even waste screen time with it.

Well, it's an interesting twist because they've always said they might kill off Jack. And Jack has one more year in his contract. So perhaps they will, actually. Who knows.

mikey23545
03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Dead or arrested.

"Larry, this is Jack. Hey I didn't kill that guy, I know you have me on video but the guy was wearing rubber face that looks like mine. Trust me."

Wonder how he is gonna get out of being infected?

I figure that once they take the Starkewood compound they'll find that they also brewed up a cure for the bug they developed.

Frazod
03-31-2009, 11:10 AM
I figure that once they take the Starkewood compound they'll find that they also brewed up a cure for the bug they developed.

I figured that will be the out as well. It's the easiest solution. I envision a Snake Plissken-like injection with seconds remaining.

PhillyChiefFan
03-31-2009, 12:29 PM

That's gotta be it. I can't imagine they would kill off Jack Bauer.

Was I the only one who thought the woman in the biosuit was hot as hell?

gblowfish
03-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Jack's got jock itch. A little gold bond powder will fix him right up.

88TG88
03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
That's gotta be it. I can't imagine they would kill off Jack Bauer.

Was I the only one who thought the woman in the biosuit was hot as hell?

you're not the only one.

she has a sexy exotic look

alanm
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM

Does Jack getting exposed mean the end of 24? I know it can't, but I can only imagine the spin on tonight's episode they'll have to keep Bauer alive.Didn't right before last season's strike axed the season that Sutherland signed on for 3 more yrs? If true it will go on for at least 2 more yrs.

Guru
03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Sutherland is signed for this season and next season. He has stated all along though that just because he is signed does not in any way mean he will be acting. He is executive producer as well.

That being said, the rumor is already out that he and the red head will be an item next year.

Frazod
03-31-2009, 09:56 PM
That being said, the rumor is already out that he and the red head will be an item next year.

Wouldn't surprise me. I figure that in order to draw Jack and Renee out into the field, Larry's going to have to get whacked. You can tell she's already going all gushy for Jack anyway.

Guru
03-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. I figure that in order to draw Jack and Renee out into the field, Larry's going to have to get whacked. You can tell she's already going all gushy for Jack anyway.happy jack

Frazod
03-31-2009, 10:05 PM
happy jack

Meh. She'll probably end up dead, just like everybody else. Jack never catches a break.

Guru
03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Meh. She'll probably end up dead, just like everybody else. Jack never catches a break.I still think he dies at the end of the series. Personally, I wouldn't mind them taking it a season or two further with someone else.

Short Leash Hootie
04-01-2009, 12:28 AM
I still think he dies at the end of the series. Personally, I wouldn't mind them taking it a season or two further with someone else.
The episode Bauer dies (and I'll assume they won't pull a Tony Almeida out of their hat) is the episode I stop watching.

Jack Bauer is like a God to me now...taking down terrorist after terrorist with merely a pistol...when he runs out of ammo using his pistol like a ninja throwing star...10,000,000 different ways to knock someone out...his ability to make even the most evil terrorist give exact information without trying to play him...

This is not a show without my dad...err...Jack Bauer.

Short Leash Hootie
04-01-2009, 12:32 AM
You know what the most bothersome moment of '24' was?

Season 1 Episode 23

When Nina Myers turned out to be a traitor...

That was just out of left field...halfway through the god damn season they ordered Jack to KILL Nina Myers only for Jack to save her life by putting a bulletproof vest on her...

Why would they want to kill off their biggest asset who was literally Jack's "right-hand man"?

It made no sense...I know they started dropping hints after that and if you re-watch the season it starts to make A LITTLE sense...but that plot twist will always bother me.

As well as Wayne Palmer being the President....as well as one season Wayne Palmer working aside Bauer only to simply disappear the next episode and to never turn up again...

AND Logan working With Bauer's brother...and for them not to release that until the next season...I realize they are putting out over 15 hours of footage each season...but they definitely pull a lot of rabbits out of hats.

Short Leash Hootie
04-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I also realize the ongoing theme in this show is to shit on Jack Bauer no matter what he does for his country...

But come the fuck on...

How many times has he, ALMOST BY HIMSELF, saved the country from imminent terrorist attacks that would have greatly crippled the entire nation?

Really? And they still doubt him? Holy fucking shit!

The President should have to answer to Jack Bauer, not the other way around...

Guru
04-01-2009, 12:44 AM
You know what the most bothersome moment of '24' was?

Season 1 Episode 23

When Nina Myers turned out to be a traitor...

That was just out of left field...halfway through the god damn season they ordered Jack to KILL Nina Myers only for Jack to save her life by putting a bulletproof vest on her...

Why would they want to kill off their biggest asset who was literally Jack's "right-hand man"?

It made no sense...I know they started dropping hints after that and if you re-watch the season it starts to make A LITTLE sense...but that plot twist will always bother me.

As well as Wayne Palmer being the President....as well as one season Wayne Palmer working aside Bauer only to simply disappear the next episode and to never turn up again...

AND Logan working With Bauer's brother...and for them not to release that until the next season...I realize they are putting out over 15 hours of footage each season...but they definitely pull a lot of rabbits out of hats.Hell I loved that little twist. They told you ALL YEAR LONG that she was the mole and people were still surprised. I suspected it all along.

Short Leash Hootie
04-01-2009, 12:48 AM
Hell I loved that little twist. They told you ALL YEAR LONG that she was the mole and people were still surprised. I suspected it all along.

HOW?

All things considered...HOW?!?!?!

It bothered me SO much...I was so into that season...(I watched it in the span of two or three days)...they ordered Jack to KILL her...why in God's name would you kill the KEY to your inside information?

If you go back and watch it it didn't start making sense until they found a way for it to make sense (her killing that one analyst rather than the analyst killing herself...)

I was so bothered after that episode where she became the mole...

However the end where Bauer thought Kim was dead and went on his rampage was EPIC.

David Palmer was an awesome president, too. Every since Palmer has sucked ass...the chick has been solid so far, I guess...but everyone else was god awful TAKE A LAP!

Short Leash Hootie
04-01-2009, 12:49 AM
I don't like this about myself, but I will admit...

I watched Season 3 and Season 5 both in 1 day. That's right...I laid on my couch, for 15 hours, and watched both seasons in a 1 day span.

I didn't know Redemption existed until I caught up with season 7 yesterday...so I now have something to do waiting for next week's episode.

BigRedChief
04-01-2009, 07:24 AM
I still think he dies at the end of the series. Personally, I wouldn't mind them taking it a season or two further with someone else.
I thought there was talk of a movie or two? But of course it could be a prequel.

KCFalcon59
04-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Sounds like Jack's daughter is coming back. Give him some super stem cells.

Reaper16
04-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Sounds like Jack's daughter is coming back. Give him some super stem cells.
A re-cap from my place:

Dr. to Jack: "... your daughter"

Me: "GODdamnit!"

Guru
04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Sounds like Jack's daughter is coming back. Give him some super stem cells.there's nothing super about her stem cells. At least not as Kim Bauer. She's just an idiot on the show.

Now, the actress on the other hand....

KCFalcon59
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM
there's nothing super about her stem cells. At least not as Kim Bauer. She's just an idiot on the show.

Now, the actress on the other hand....

They're just dormant. They need to be injected into Jack to unleash the fury!!! Of course he may grow a nice set of tits.

88TG88
04-06-2009, 11:14 PM
They have a plan. Jack gave the shifty eyes look. He's planning something

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/88tg88/Dogeyes.gif

Guru
04-06-2009, 11:16 PM
They're just dormant. They need to be injected into Jack to unleash the fury!!! Of course he may grow a nice set of tits.I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Reaper16
04-06-2009, 11:47 PM
They're just dormant. They need to be injected into Jack to unleash the fury!!! Of course he may grow a nice set of tits.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
I just popped half-mast.

Short Leash Hootie
04-07-2009, 01:36 AM
I still don't understand how Kim Bauer can possibly hate her father.

He's a government agent. He protects the people. She was TOAST in season 1 and Jack Bauer took on 50 dudes by himself and saved her life about 35 times.

Short Leash Hootie
04-07-2009, 01:37 AM
You know Tony is dying next episode...

Guru
04-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Nope. Jack is.

Short Leash Hootie
04-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Nope. Jack is.

No way...Tony is.

They can't kill off Jack...the show is too popular.

88TG88
04-07-2009, 11:39 PM
I think Tony takes a bullet, but he survives.

Bowser
04-07-2009, 11:47 PM
I think Tony takes a bullet, but he survives.

I say he dies in the air assault while stopping a bad guy from pushing the launch button on the missiles.

Guru
04-07-2009, 11:49 PM
I say he dies in the air assault while stopping a bad guy from pushing the launch button on the missiles.

Nah, he just dives on top of the missile that is launching to deflect it.

Short Leash Hootie
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
I am so pissed off I caught up to current so fast...it kills me every week when the show ends.

wild1
04-07-2009, 11:53 PM
i bet they go ahead with the air strike and almeida doesn't get out in time.

Short Leash Hootie
04-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Nah, it is going to involve Jack somehow.

Jack is going to do something ridiculous that makes him a total hero once again...and then he'll come across some new intel and he'll do something that makes him look like a traitor...and then they'll send out a manhunt for him even though he has saved America from imminent terrorist attacks about 14 times...

88TG88
04-08-2009, 12:06 AM
I can't wait for the massive gun battle that takes place near the end of every season. Moss is gonna come in blasting in a few hours.

Guru
04-08-2009, 12:06 AM

Jack is going to do something ridiculous that makes him a total hero once again...and then he'll come across some new intel and he'll do something that makes him look like a traitor...and then they'll send out a manhunt for him even though he has saved America from imminent terrorist attacks about 14 times...I laughed when the president told Jack she wasn't giving up on him.ROFL

Yeah, you only threw him to the dogs a few hours ago.

SBK
04-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Am I the only guy that laughed when Jack was laying on the floor showing off his O face?

Guru
04-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Am I the only guy that laughed when Jack was laying on the floor showing off his O face?Well, we know how you roll now.ROFL

irishjayhawk
04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
I laughed when the president told Jack she wasn't giving up on him.ROFL

Yeah, you only threw him to the dogs a few hours ago.

And still no Ethan her trusted advisor.

This President is retarded.

BigRedChief
04-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Jack is going to do something ridiculous that makes him a total hero once again...and then he'll come across some new intel and he'll do something that makes him look like a traitor...and then they'll send out a manhunt for him even though he has saved America from imminent terrorist attacks about 14 times...
This Jack is a traitor is getting real old. After proving yourself so many times there would be no question of your loyalties.

Short Leash Hootie
04-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Ridiculous.

Ok, they tell me that Nina Myers made sense (even though it didn't in season 1)...

After everything that happened today (meaning the course of this season), Tony being a terrorist makes NO sense.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb AND dumb episode tonight.

I'm disappointed.

Guru
04-13-2009, 11:50 PM
As soon as Jack lobbied for his leniency then we saw Tony in cuffs I knew Tony was going bad again. Telegraphed it.

Fruit Ninja
04-13-2009, 11:58 PM
To be fair, they kind of telegraph it for you. lol

Fruit Ninja
04-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Ridiculous.

Ok, they tell me that Nina Myers made sense (even though it didn't in season 1)...

After everything that happened today (meaning the course of this season), Tony being a terrorist makes NO sense.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb AND dumb episode tonight.

I'm disappointed.Still not convinced Tony is on the other side though. There's something else thats going to happen. This show has many many twists.

Short Leash Hootie
04-14-2009, 12:25 AM
As soon as Jack lobbied for his leniency then we saw Tony in cuffs I knew Tony was going bad again. Telegraphed it.
I had that feeling, too...

They need to scrap the '24' thing...

Some seasons should be 19 episodes...some 29...whatever...it needs to be more random...I hate being on episode 20 (or whatever) and knowing there will be at least one more ridiculous twist...if they didn't announce season finales (etc) it would be a lot less predictable (if that makes any sense).

88TG88
04-14-2009, 12:41 AM
kim bauer is still super hot

Reaper16
04-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Still not convinced Tony is on the other side though. There's something else thats going to happen. This show has many many twists.
Yeah, Tony is not on "the other side" as in Starkwood. He's apparently been on his own this entire time (or with an outside terrorist group), in deep cover on Juma's payroll to gain access to Starkwood somehow.

Obviously some explanation is needed; I hope that the show will provide it soon.

Bowser
04-14-2009, 01:04 AM
It's going to come down to a duel between Jack and Tony for the fate of the world. I just hope it's with those big staff/sickle things, Star Trek style (and of course play the music..).

Guru
04-14-2009, 01:08 AM
If it is anything like what Jack did to Fayed, it will be worth it.

Reaper16
04-14-2009, 01:23 AM
I hope that Tony isn't the head of his particular organization... think about how mindblowing it'd be for Jack to dispatch Tony and think he's saved the day... only for the camera to show Chase sitting in a large red chair with a metal hand, Dr. Klaw-style.

Guru
04-14-2009, 01:26 AM
I hope that Tony isn't the head of his particular organization... think about how mindblowing it'd be for Jack to dispatch Tony and think he's saved the day... only for the camera to show Chase sitting in a large red chair with a metal hand, Dr. Klaw-style.You know, as corny as that sounds, I would get a real kick out of ending things 007 style.ROFL

not really. heh

Short Leash Hootie
04-14-2009, 01:35 AM
kim bauer is still super hot

butt chin bothers me

BigRedChief
04-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Man, I wanted Tony to turn away from the dark side. But that was pretty cruel Tony taking out the true blue FBI agent.

BigRedChief
04-14-2009, 10:36 AM
butt chin bothers me
Yeah, we know, you have had better many times.

Short Leash Hootie
04-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah, we know, you have had better many times.

I'd like to see her without makeup and off camera before I could answer that.

Bowser
04-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I'd like to see her without makeup and off camera before I could answer that.

Shut up. You'd beg like a little kid to hit it, makeup or no.

Reaper16
04-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Shut up. You'd beg like a little cougar to hit it, makeup or no.
fyp

Guru
04-15-2009, 06:01 AM
fyp:clap:

Short Leash Hootie
04-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Shut up. You'd beg like a little kid to hit it, makeup or no.

All I'm saying is...

Walk around the campus I'm on during the day, walk through the quad...pick your favorite 5 girls...line them up next to Kim Bauer...and I bet you'd take Kim Bauer last (unless you're just infatuated with her acting abilities in which case I don't know what to tell you)...

I see WAY hotter girls on a daily basis...

Short Leash Hootie
04-15-2009, 09:11 AM
don't get me wrong, she was pretty hot in 'The Girl Next Door'...and she's pretty hot overall...but I still don't like the butt chin!

DrRyan
04-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Lame episode last night. With only a few hours left to go you would have expected a more eventful hour.

SBK
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Lame episode last night. With only a few hours left to go you would have expected a more eventful hour.

I'm hoping Chloe makes her big return and kills Tony while Jack is having what looks like an orgasm, but turns out just to be another seizure.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2009, 02:45 AM
not quite sure what happens next

BigRedChief
04-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah, not one of the better seasons. The President was lame. Not enough action. Jack needs to be battling external threats to the USA. How many seasons has it been about internal traitors?

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I like milk AND butter AND cheese!

Mr. Arrowhead
04-22-2009, 09:39 PM
I thought the season started off great, but now it started to flame out

88TG88
04-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I thought the season started off great, but now it started to flame out

The African episode was real good. They should've kept the season in Africa and brought the red head over there.

Mr. Plow
04-25-2009, 06:45 PM
This season isn't that good. Started off decent, but has went downhill. I hate that they are spending so much of the season on Jack's possible death.....everyone knows he isn't going anywhere.

I really think that the season started going downhill when the President became a focal point of the season. She's horrible. They should keep her off camera as much as humanly possible....I'm not even sure how they can fit her entire head on camera...it's huge.

Reaper16
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
This is a good season, actually.

BigRedChief
04-27-2009, 02:46 PM
By Gary Levin (http://www.usatoday.com/community/tags/reporter.aspx?id=219), USA TODAY
Finally, Jack meets Jonas.
Monday's 24 showdown between hero Jack Bauer and one of the show's more memorable villains, Jonas Hodges, gives star Kiefer Sutherland face time with Jon Voight. Hodges heads Starkwood, a shadowy military contractor gone rogue with bioweapons.
Voight, in his first role in a TV series since the late '60s, lies in a hospital bed, falling ill after being ordered to take a heart-attack-inducing pill by a woman representing a shadowy overlord. Jack, fresh from a seizure induced by the biotoxin, arrives to find out why this bad day is about to get worse.

"It's really about broadening the conspiracy," says executive producer Howard Gordon, "by delivering on the details of the threat (Jonas) made to (President) Taylor, when he said he's just a cog in a larger machine." Hodges also explains his motives.
But the confrontation didn't come soon enough for Sutherland. "One of the great fears of mine is that in many cases in 24, characters don't meet, and Jon and I took until the very bitter end," he says. As he received script after script with no scenes between Bauer and Hodges, "I finally had to go up to Howard and said, 'If you don't let me work with him, I'll kill you.' "

Voight says he had a blast playing Hodges, first glimpsed in last summer's movie prequel before reappearing halfway through this season, after the previous baddie, Sangala's Col. Dubaku, was dispatched.

The actor, 70, says he found the experience "an adventure," and he made some significant contributions. Gordon says Voight ad-libbed several lines, including the producer's favorite: "Stress is the fertilizer of creativity."

And more important, he broke a rule of 24, which frowns on food or bathroom breaks. "He was eating when you first see him," Voight says. Specifically, Chinese noodles. "They said, 'We don't do that on this show.' " ("It might be the first time food's been eaten on 24," Gordon says.)
But Voight argued that "you want to see he's got levels of concentration, he's doing lots of things and he's comfortable. It's not like he's working hard or scared or has the weight of the world on him. He's living his life and he's not intimidated."
Hodges is also "out of his mind," Gordon says, crediting Voight with giving the role an extra layer. "He's operatic and over-the-top. It's a character that's one-dimensional on the page, but he makes it three-dimensional."

Sutherland says, "The key to a villain like this is you want to like him. Jon floats that fantastic line; his ideology is insane, but he almost sells it to you. He's charming, which is what makes him scary."
One of his favorite scenes was a few weeks back, when Jonas bashed the head of Starkwood's chairman of the board with a brandy snifter, then hurled him over a balcony to his death.

Voight was relieved, because it enabled him to show Hodges' true character. "I felt this guy was holding himself back," Voight says. "He had this venom, and it had to be unleashed." It also clearly signaled to viewers that Hodges is a man of action: "He's not just talking, he's nuts. We're keeping him in this danger zone."

Also tonight, Chloe returns (Mary Lynn Rajskub is back from maternity leave), locking horns with Janis (Janeane Garofalo), and the president's daughter Olivia (Sprague Grayden) seeks her own way to get at Hodges.

Just four hours remain in 24's day, including a two-hour finale scheduled for May 18, and Sutherland says they're among the series' best. They bring the show's controversial stance on torture — still making headlines in the real world as recently as last week — full circle from the start of the season, when Bauer faced a congressional hearing on his interrogation methods.

Jack "really goes inside himself in a very deep way, not only about things he's been asked to do but things he's done by his own choice," Sutherland says. "It's a much more emotional four episodes than dramatic, explosive, blow-up-everything episodes."
And on May 28, 24 — absent last year due to the writers' strike — will begin filming its eighth season, to be set (and partially shot) in New York with a story centering on the United Nations

88TG88
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Finally, someone put that broad in her place.

SBK
04-27-2009, 11:59 PM
What was up with the gay sex?

Guru
04-28-2009, 12:02 AM
What was up with the gay sex?We need a Colette Stenger back.

Short Leash Hootie
04-28-2009, 03:29 AM
What was up with the gay sex?

I gave up after the female President

BigRedChief
04-28-2009, 08:04 AM
The President is lame. The daughter is annoying. Tony is a traitor.

Another traitor kills hundreds of Americans and threatens the whole country with WMD and he walks free because he says its the girl thats the connection to the vast conspiracy? They already have her face and know she was involved. Why does he get off for that?

Again with the Jack is dying crap. This is so worn out. Anyone on this show can get killed at any mintue but not Jack.

Frazod
04-28-2009, 09:12 AM

Another traitor kills hundreds of Americans and threatens the whole country with WMD and he walks free because he says its the girl thats the connection to the vast conspiracy? They already have her face and know she was involved. Why does he get off for that?

Again with the Jack is dying crap. This is so worn out. Anyone on this show can get killed at any mintue but not Jack.

The President is definitely lame. "Now Jack, don't you dare torture the evil sonofabitch who (a) killed my son (b) tried to kill me (c) tried to kill my husband (d) killed the FBI guys (e) killed hundreds of airline passengers (f) committed genocide or (g) is going to gasbomb Washington in two hours, because DAMMIT, THAT WOULD BE WRONG. And later, of course, we'll arrest you, but thanks for your service!"

This bitch so needs to die. :bang:

Guru
04-28-2009, 05:35 PM
The President is definitely lame. "Now Jack, don't you dare torture the evil sonofabitch who (a) killed my son (b) tried to kill me (c) tried to kill my husband (d) killed the FBI guys (e) killed hundreds of airline passengers (f) committed genocide or (g) is going to gasbomb Washington in two hours, because DAMMIT, THAT WOULD BE WRONG. And later, of course, we'll arrest you, but thanks for your service!"

This bitch so needs to die. :bang:ROFLROFLROFL:thumb:

Short Leash Hootie
04-28-2009, 05:42 PM
I miss David Palmer.

greg63
04-28-2009, 11:33 PM
I miss David Palmer.

I miss the old Jack.

greg63
04-28-2009, 11:40 PM
So, is Jack going to change his mind about having his daughter help him through the stem cell procedure?

KC Dan
04-28-2009, 11:41 PM
So, is Jack going to change his mind about having his daughter help him through the stem cell procedure?
Is the sky blue? He will so he can complete this mission, of course.

Guru
04-28-2009, 11:42 PM
We haven't heard the last from Kim. We know she is going to be in some kind of accident before the day is over.

greg63
04-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Is the sky blue? He will so he can complete this mission, of course.

Touché

We haven't heard the last from Kim. We know she is going to be in some kind of accident before the day is over.

Fatal???

greg63
04-29-2009, 12:47 AM

Absolutely agreed!

Nice sig BTW. :D

BigRedChief
04-29-2009, 07:33 AM
She will be in the path of where the chemical will be released. Jack really goes off to save her.

greg63
04-29-2009, 01:52 PM
She will be in the path of where the chemical will be released. Jack really goes off to save her.

...And then she insists on the stem cell procedure in order to save his life.

Talisman
04-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I hope they do a prequel next season. There's nothing that says the "day" they show us has to be in chronological order from the previous one. Nobody ages in the thing anyway. That way they can bring back some of the great characters they've killed off. I want to see David Palmer back in the white house and goofy Edgar getting on Chloe's nerves.

Guru
04-29-2009, 06:31 PM
I hope they do a prequel next season. There's nothing that says the "day" they show us has to be in chronological order from the previous one. Nobody ages in the thing anyway. That way they can bring back some of the great characters they've killed off. I want to see David Palmer back in the white house and goofy Edgar getting on Chloe's nerves.I'm all for that but that is not what they are doing.

Mr. Plow
04-29-2009, 07:15 PM
I miss David Palmer.

This.....and

I miss the old Jack.

This.

Mr. Plow
04-29-2009, 07:18 PM

I honestly think the President & Jack's "illness" is what is killing this season. If this dumbass bitch of a President is back next year, this will be my last season.

greg63
04-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I honestly think the President & Jack's "illness" is what is killing this season. If this dumbass bitch of a President is back next year, this will be my last season.

Bingo! Couldn't agree more.

Reaper16
04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Television critics are of a different opinion than you guys, and I find myself disagreeing with ya'll, too. I think that this might be 24's 3rd or 4th best season.

wild1
04-29-2009, 09:45 PM
It's been very up and down, I think.

The invasion of the white house really sucked ass, in my opinion, it's a millstone around the neck of this season. There's suspension of disbelief, and then there's the white house getting invaded and taken over by 10 or 20 dudes.

The angles with Starkwood, Jack, and Tony have been good. 24 always seems to have a good betrayal in store. The FBI aspect has been good.

The whole torture angle is overwrought and getting stale.

The President has been weak and very bad, I think. They haven't had a good one since Logan (once he was bad) or Palmer.

All the president does this season is sit behind her desk and answer the phone with a shocked look on her face. Everybody is ahead of her. The scene where she ran into the situation room waving her arms, "Stop the airstrike!" was the moment I really began to hate the character... Wayne Palmer was weak and ineffective, this president is more like an unattractive damsel. She's not presidential, she's not really doing anything. You could see the series getting better without the President even being in this season.

They could have done one thing to make this season really amazing and fascinating - Imagine all this stuff going on if Noah Daniels were still in office. His depiction of an unlikeable President was so much more convincing and effective, and the complexity of those interactions with Starkwood and all these situations today would be so much more interesting than what we have currently.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Daniels is part of this cabal anyway. That would be quite a twist.

I hope that they do a good job when Tony meets his end if it comes this season. I've always liked him, he's been great on the show.

Reaper16
04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Why can't there be an ineffective President as a character? We've had ineffective Presidents in real life.

wild1
04-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Why can't there be an ineffective President as a character? We've had ineffective Presidents in real life.

Perhaps I said "ineffective" in an imprecise way. An ineffective character is fine. This character is just purposeless. Useless.

Reaper16
04-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Perhaps I said "ineffective" in an imprecise way. An ineffective character is fine. This character is just purposeless. Useless.
I personally think that the President's ineptitude is serving to do two things:

1.) It really makes the bad guys' plot more scary. This country, under the leadership of President Taylor, is ripe to be thrown into chaos.

2.) It attempts to make us feel for the Olivia character more (though not enough, imo).

Guru
04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Television critics are of a different opinion than you guys, and I find myself disagreeing with ya'll, too. I think that this might be 24's 3rd or 4th best season.anti torture. Jack suffers. Female president. bringing down big companies.

Gee, wonder why the critics like it.

Reaper16
04-29-2009, 10:47 PM
anti torture. Jack suffers. Female president. bringing down big companies.

Gee, wonder why the critics like it.
Unlike you, I have respect for art criticism. They're not fleshy sacks filled with political positions that they project onto what they're writing about.

greg63
04-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Unlike you, I have respect for art criticism. They're not fleshy sacks filled with political positions that they project onto what they're writing about.

"...not fleshy sacks filled with political positions that they project onto what they're writing about"?????

Really???

Guru
04-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Unlike you, I have respect for art criticism. They're not fleshy sacks filled with political positions that they project onto what they're writing about.I have respect for objective art criticism.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
I hope that they do a good job when Tony meets his end if it comes this season. I've always liked him, he's been great on the show.

I'd like to see Tony escape from Jack at the last minute and lead into next season. On his way out of the White House, he pulls a gun from his boot and puts a bullet in the abnormally huge forehead of the President who then falls on her daughter smothering her.

greg63
04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
I'd like to see Tony escape from Jack at the last minute and lead into next season. On his way out of the White House, he pulls a gun from his boot and puts a bullet in the abnormally huge forehead of the President who then falls on her daughter smothering her.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Short Leash Hootie
04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
I would pound the daughter, just so you know...

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I would pound the daughter, just so you know...

As long as she didn't talk to me first.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Who am I kidding. I'd do it anyway.

BigRedChief
05-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I can't ever remember being this underwhelmed with an ending in 24. Predicatable. The minor charectors are lame. The president sucks and they keep going with this Jack is going to die crap. They publically renewed 24 for season 8. give it a break.

The Rick
05-05-2009, 10:20 AM
I can't ever remember being this underwhelmed with an ending in 24. Predicatable. The minor charectors are lame. The president sucks and they keep going with this Jack is going to die crap. They publically renewed 24 for season 8. give it a break.
I have to admit, I didn't see Jonas being blown to bits coming. I thought he was going to busted free or something.

BigRedChief
05-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I have to admit, I didn't see Jonas being blown to bits coming. I thought he was going to busted free or something.Correct, I thought he would be used next season.

ChiefsFan4Life
05-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I said it when the season started and still think it - the President is fucking terrible and ruining the show - I see I'm still not alone in thinking that

Hydrae
05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I said it when the season started and still think it - the President is ****ing terrible and ruining the show - I see I'm still not alone in thinking that

Her daughter is even worse. Weak character with a weak story line.

greg63
05-10-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm a bit dissapointed in this season as well, but I'm still hooked and will continue to watch it.

WoodDraw
05-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I can't stand the political sidebars we have to go through every episode. It's like they watched the news for a day and scripted in every torture and profiling debate.

Guru
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Here comes the Kim scenario to finish the season.

irishjayhawk
05-11-2009, 09:08 PM
ETHAN IS ALIVE AND WELL!

ONLY 8 HOURS LATE

greg63
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Here comes the Kim scenario to finish the season.

...And so unpredictable and unexpected too. :rolleyes:

Frazod
05-11-2009, 11:47 PM
...And so unpredictable and unexpected too. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they'll kill the bitch this time so we don't have to endure it again. :banghead:

What a fucking copout.

Guru
05-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Hopefully they'll kill the bitch this time so we don't have to endure it again. :banghead:

What a ****ing copout.I love how, in an entire DC airport, she just happens to befriend the two people that are going to kidnap her. As soon as I saw the guy, I knew she was toast.

wild1
05-12-2009, 01:10 AM
I thought the subway stuff was great, really well done.

I also loved the absence of the president.

Hopefully they have something good left because all that is going right now is Kim, and Olivia about to be discovered if Pierce gets to her office first

I was thinking/hoping that the hitman pimp was bringing Olivia to a meeting so he could pop her. Maybe he was going to, but I guess (a) she didn't transfer the money yet and (b) he needs her to clean up her computer first.

I still hold to my conspiracy theory that Noah Daniels is behind the main plot line. That would be a sweet twist.

Frazod
05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm still pissed off.

1. We all know that Jack's going to save his daugher.
2. We all know that Jack's going to kill Tony.
3. We all know that Jack's going to live.

Seriously, what's the fucking point in even watching?

BigRedChief
05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm still pissed off.

Seriously, what's the ****ing point in even watching?

Not necssarily. Maybe the real life actress came back and signed on for a few episodes because she wants to get killed off and move on with her movie/TV career?

Jack dying, no way. Just drop it .

Tony may get away to be fodder for the next season. A villian and someone to battle against Jack that has the same skill set.

The Noah Daniels angle may be true but a lot of stuff happened under his watch.

Talisman
05-13-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm still pissed off.

Seriously, what's the ****ing point in even watching?

I'm sure that's what we thought in season 1 when Nina killed his wife.

I was starting to think that they were going to have the first ever "To be continued..." for 24 and tie this season to the next, running them consecutive days. That way they can play out the daughter kidnapped thing to death and let Jack hack and cough his way through most of another day. After all, there's a whole group of bad dudes plotting all of this stuff yet to take down.

But when it was a trade-your-daughter-for-getting-Tony-out scenario, my theory fell kind of flat. Jack shouldn't have a problem freeing Tony. He already did it once earlier in the season.

Prediction: Kim gets killed and tells Jack about his granddaughter with her dying breath. They are able to harvest whatever they need to from Kim to save Jack since he now has a reason to go on living. I'm not sure why a granddaughter would be more important to live for than a daughter, but maybe Kim annoyed Jack as much as she annoys most people.

greg63
05-13-2009, 08:38 AM

What a fucking copout.

LMAO :thumb:

Jack ought to let 'em have her and call it tough love.

...I was kidnapped once and the ransom note to my parents read: "Give us a million bucks or you'll see your kid again!". They cut off a piece of one of my fingers and sent it as proof; my dad wanted more proof.

Guru
05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Wow, the DVD set for this season will be in stores tomorrow.

WoodDraw
05-18-2009, 08:08 PM
The redemption of Tony. Shocking! Now let's wait for his martyrdom

Captain Obvious
05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
This Alan Wilson guy...is he the coach from Remember the Titans?

Guru
05-18-2009, 08:24 PM
yep

Guru
05-18-2009, 08:24 PM
The redemption of Tony. Shocking! Now let's wait for his martyrdom If this was surprising for anyone, they were not paying attention.

Guru
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
did she or didn't she

blow his head off.

greg63
05-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow, the DVD set for this season will be in stores tomorrow.

Yup; I wouldn't actually spend money on this season though. That was as anti-climatic an ending as I've ever seen. :shake:

...Dissapointing.

greg63
05-18-2009, 09:49 PM
If this was surprising for anyone, they were not paying attention.

Yup, saw it commin a mile away.

BigRedChief
05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Yup; I wouldn't actually spend money on this season though. That was as anti-climatic an ending as I've ever seen. :shake:

...Dissapointing.
Very bad ending. I don't want to start the new season with that god awful female president. Very dissapointed.

SBK
05-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I've got a friend on twitter (are the called friends?) who was at the season finale with the cast last week. After the show tonight I asked him if he had any insight into next season and he told me that Jack will be in a coma for 6-9 months, and the next season will be in New York.

Made a weak ending perhaps a little bit more fun.

Guru
05-18-2009, 11:59 PM
They definitely look like they will pick things up pretty close to the end of this day. The rumor currently is 6 weeks will have passed when day 8 begins. Considering they left practically everything unanswered at the end I would say that has to be accurate.

greg63
05-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Very bad ending. I don't want to start the new season with that god awful female president. Very dissapointed.

You and me both, however, I think that is exactly what will happen.

greg63
05-19-2009, 12:20 AM
They definitely look like they will pick things up pretty close to the end of this day. The rumor currently is 6 weeks will have passed when day 8 begins. Considering they left practically everything unanswered at the end I would say that has to be accurate.

I just hope they bring back the real Jack Bower; they showed flashes of him tonight when he excaped from the mad, evil medical types.

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 12:30 AM
This was the 3rd best season of the show, and all of you are bad at watching television.

greg63
05-19-2009, 12:46 AM
This was the 3rd best season of the show, and all of you are bad at watching television.

If by third best you mean third from the bottom; perhaps...

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 12:46 AM
If by third best you mean third from the bottom; perhaps...
False.

greg63
05-19-2009, 12:50 AM
False.

If by faulse you mean true...

88TG88
05-19-2009, 12:54 AM
I forgot it was a two hour show. Did i miss anything in the first hour ?

Guru
05-19-2009, 12:57 AM
This was the 3rd best season of the show, and all of you are bad at watching television.IT was better than season 6 and season 3. So I guess you rank it 3rd and I rank it 4th.

But I will say, Jack hanging Fayed in Season six was by far one of my favorite moments in the entire series.

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 01:00 AM
IT was better than season 6 and season 3. So I guess you rank it 3rd and I rank it 4th.

But I will say, Jack hanging Fayed in Season six was by far one of my favorite moments in the entire series.
There were isolated moments of season 6 that were absolutely great.

Season 3 is actually my second favorite season, but I haven't watched it in an awful long time. I should revisit it to see if it holds up thematically.

greg63
05-19-2009, 01:00 AM
I forgot it was a two hour show. Did i miss anything in the first hour ?

I don't know that you missed anything at all out of either hour.

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 01:01 AM
If by faulse you mean true...
If by "If by faulse [sic] you mean true..." you mean "please, Reaper, neg-rep me for failing at TV..."

greg63
05-19-2009, 01:02 AM
IT was better than season 6 and season 3. So I guess you rank it 3rd and I rank it 4th.

I thought season 6 started out pretty decent.

greg63
05-19-2009, 01:03 AM
If by "If by faulse [sic] you mean true..." you mean "please, Reaper, neg-rep me for failing at TV..."

Whatever floats the reapers boat.

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 01:09 AM
I thought season 6 started out pretty decent.
The first 4 or 5 episodes of Season 6 were among the best stretches in the entire series, I thought.

greg63
05-19-2009, 01:11 AM
The first 4 or 5 episodes of Season 6 were among the best stretches in the entire series, I thought.

Agreed, but then the writers all took stupid pills or something. IMO.

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Agreed, but then the writers all took stupid pills or something. IMO.
Your analysis seems accurate.

greg63
05-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Your analysis seems accurate.

Have I brought my grade up any in television?

Reaper16
05-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Have I brought my grade up any in television?
You don't fail.

I just think that most of the posters in this thread are allowing their (quite reasonable) dislike of the Presidential subplot this season to cloud the rest of the season's material. At the same time, I don't see an acknowledgment of what the lackluster Presidential subplot did manage to do right, especially thematically.

greg63
05-19-2009, 01:24 AM
You don't fail.

I just think that most of the posters in this thread are allowing their (quite reasonable) dislike of the Presidential subplot this season to cloud the rest of the season's material. At the same time, I don't see an acknowledgment of what the lackluster Presidential subplot did manage to do right, especially thematically.

Point well taken. However, when the subplot stinks as badly as this one did it is difficult to see past it; at least for me it was.

Guru
05-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Keep in mind, incompetence is a requirement within the shows yearly plots. They always have one or two characters that are the definition of STUPID. I don't know why the writers feel this is always a necessity to the plot.

greg63
05-19-2009, 06:41 AM
True Guru, true...

BigRedChief
05-19-2009, 07:22 AM
How can you suck at watching TV? Either you likee or no likee.

greg63
05-19-2009, 07:43 AM
How can you suck at watching TV? Either you likee or no likee.

LMAO

BigRock
05-19-2009, 09:13 AM
FROM THE WAY BACK MACHINE

HOW?

All things considered...HOW?!?!?!

It bothered me SO much...I was so into that season...(I watched it in the span of two or three days)...they ordered Jack to KILL Nina...why in God's name would you kill the KEY to your inside information?

Because Nina wasn't the key to "their" inside information.

The person who told Jack to kill Nina was Ira Gaines, the mid-level boss of the first half of the season. Gaines wasn't getting info from Nina. Gaines was working with Jamey, the girl in CTU who worked alongside Nina and Tony.

You can't lump all the bad guys together as "they", like the henchman know just as much about the operation as the masterminds. Gaines was like the Colonel Dubaku of season one. After Dubaku came General Juma. Then came Jonas Hodges. Then came the guy Tony was after. There's always a bad guy and then we find out who the next bad guy is that's above him on the totem pole.

Nina's involvement was at the very top with the Drazens. Gaines didn't know Nina was involved. Neither did Jamey. Nina was way above them.

For Gaines, killing Nina wouldn't have adversely effected his end of things. She wasn't feeding him info. She wasn't his asset. She was just someone he saw as being in the way.

Mr. Plow
05-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh man. Just got done watching the season finale. Overall, this was a decent season. Started out pretty good and they could have really nailed it, but I'll say it again, the President, her daughter & Jack's potential "death" ruined this season.

Also, the FBI chick trying to act like a female Jack was dumb.

BigRedChief
05-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh man. Just got done watching the season finale. Overall, this was a decent season. Started out pretty good and they could have really nailed it, but I'll say it again, the President, her daughter & Jack's potential "death" ruined this season.

This!

wild1
05-23-2009, 12:08 PM
i have read that they don't have the end of the season written when they first start shooting, and that they do take fan reaction into account. i think that was probably why we saw the president's role reduce as the season went on.

i thought the part with ethan and aaron pierce was very good.

i wish they would have given tony a more interesting motivation than 'i'm gonna kill the guy who killed my wife and son, and i dont care how many hundreds of people i have to kill to do it'. revenge is a fine motivation, but i think that dumbed the character down. even given what he has lost, he would still have to believe in something. i didn't buy that he would have considered all that happened today an acceptable trade.

i didn't like the last scene where jack and renee interrupt him about to kill the bad guy. they could have simply picked up the gun after they shot tony the first time, rather than standing back and letting him crawl to it. that scene wasn't very well conceived.

That is the payoff for the whole season, the reckoning. They way it was done was pretty weak.

i think I would give the season a C+/B- overall. some of it was pretty good, some of it was bad.

the cast isn't as compelling as it used to be in some vague way.

Hydrae
05-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I was glad to see the president make the right decision and give Olivia up at the end.

Overall, decent season. Not as compelling as some previous ones but I will watch next season.

wild1
05-23-2009, 04:18 PM
I think this season is kind of dubious as well, for the raid on the white house overshadows a lot.

the whole thing from end to end - terrorists simply being able to tunnel into there, terrorists being able to take the whole place over with ease, putting everyone on the floor in a big room like they're knocking over some small town bank. Then like a cheesy Bond villain take their sweet time carrying out their plans.

It kills me how 24 can work so well with simple MacGuffin chase plots, and then they write those 2 hours of just...dreck

That raid, and the performance by the president during it, was the low point of the entire series in my opinion. i've seen every episode since day 1, and i almost didn't watch the following week.

greg63
05-23-2009, 05:10 PM

Is the comparison to the old Jack or the recent Jack? The recent Jack isn't that big a stretch.

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2009, 05:50 PM

Is it me or does it seem like Cuthbert had one too many Big Macs before coming back to reprise her role.

Guru
05-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Is it me or does it seem like Cuthbert had one too many Big Macs before coming back to reprise her role.The hips took up more space. that is certain.

BigRock
05-23-2009, 05:59 PM
i have read that they don't have the end of the season written when they first start shooting, and that they do take fan reaction into account. i think that was probably why we saw the president's role reduce as the season went on.

That's normally true, but not with this season. They had tons of extra time because of the writer's strike, so I think the filming was over with even before the season even started airing on TV.

Mr. Plow
05-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Is the comparison to the old Jack or the recent Jack? The recent Jack isn't that big a stretch.

The old Jack. Where she flipped on the annoying tech chick, handcuffed her, etc. I don't know, I just thought that part was pretty stupid.

Hydrae
05-23-2009, 06:52 PM
The old Jack. Where she flipped on the annoying tech chick, handcuffed her, etc. I don't know, I just thought that part was pretty stupid.

I think they are trying (trying, not succeeding) to show the difficulties involved in deciding when torture can be justified and when it crosses the line. The biggest problem is that she is approaching it from too much of an emotional angle, IMO.

BigRedChief
05-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Is it me or does it seem like Cuthbert had one too many Big Macs before coming back to reprise her role.
looks fine to me. With a little help from airbrushing/photoshop, I'm sure.

Cuthbert January 2009
http://www.treksinscifi.com/babedaily/babes/2009-01-14-Elisha_Cuthbert.jpg

March 2009 in Complex magazine
http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/showhype/story_large/2009/01/30/_elisha_cuthbert_complex.jpg

May 2009
http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/01elisha-cuthbert.jpg

http://www.ferristech.net/users/mcever/journal/archives/ylil-elisha_cuthbert01edit.jpg

Tribal Warfare
05-24-2009, 01:01 PM
looks fine to me. With a little help from airbrushing/photoshop, I'm sure.

Cuthbert January 2009
http://www.treksinscifi.com/babedaily/babes/2009-01-14-Elisha_Cuthbert.jpg

http://www.zacktaylor.ca/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/07/elisha1.jpg

from the "24" party

Bowser
05-24-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.zacktaylor.ca/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/07/elisha1.jpg

from the "24" party

That's probably the worst picture I've ever seen of her, and I'd still hit it. Repeatedly.

BigRedChief
05-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Production begins today on Season 8 of 24 and Mad Men star Jon Hamm's girlfriend, Jennifer Westfeldt, has joined the cast. ...
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/object/event/wireimage/15/217/656_g.jpg

Mr. Plow
05-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Did I read somewhere in this thread that next season takes place in NYC?

Lzen
05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Her daughter is even worse. Weak character with a weak story line.

I hate that character. Hopefully with the events at the season end, she is gone for good.

Guru
05-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Did I read somewhere in this thread that next season takes place in NYC?It does. Sutherland confirmed it on Fallon a couple nights ago.

greg63
05-28-2009, 01:33 AM
NYC!!!!!

...Get a rope! :D

Mr. Plow
05-28-2009, 07:50 AM
It does. Sutherland confirmed it on Fallon a couple nights ago.

Sweet.

kepp
05-28-2009, 09:06 AM
So we had the last 6 episodes Tivo'd and just finished watching the finale last night. Overall, I thought the season was good. Maybe one too many twists with Tony Almeda. The president's daughter was annoying and it was altogether unbelievable that she could become chief of staff.

I wasn't that high on the finale. It felt like half of it was a giant PSA. I kept expecting Jack to chop that Imam in the throat, but he went into a coma instead.

Baby Lee
05-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Production begins today on Season 8 of 24 and Mad Men star Jon Hamm's girlfriend, Jennifer Westfeldt, has joined the cast. ...
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/object/event/wireimage/15/217/656_g.jpg

Good pickup, OTOH the new head of CTU field ops is

Freddie Prinze Jr.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/ask-ausiello--3.html#more

Mr. Plow
05-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Good pickup, OTOH the new head of CTU field ops is

Freddie Prinze Jr.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/ask-ausiello--3.html#more

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

BigRedChief
05-28-2009, 12:07 PM
You've got to be ****ing kidding me.
not so fast there...he might be the sniveling beaurcrat that Jack has to foil to get the job done.

Mr. Plow
05-28-2009, 12:11 PM
not so fast there...he might be the sniveling beaurcrat that Jack has to foil to get the job done.

The terrorist organization of 24 Season 8 has been revealed.........

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/64/MPW-32013

Reaper16
05-28-2009, 12:20 PM
So we had the last 6 episodes Tivo'd and just finished watching the finale last night. Overall, I thought the season was good. Maybe one too many twists with Tony Almeda. The president's daughter was annoying and it was altogether unbelievable that she could become chief of staff.

I wasn't that high on the finale. It felt like half of it was a giant PSA. I kept expecting Jack to chop that Imam in the throat, but he went into a coma instead.
Why?

BigRedChief
06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
New cast member and rumored plot spoilers for season 8
Suddenly, I find myself counting the minutes until 24's new season. Perhaps this is why: Katee Sackhoff is joining the cast!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the Battlestar Galactica heroine has been tapped to play the series regular role of Dana Walsh, a highly respected and down-to-earth data analyst at the new and improved New York branch of CTU.

Translation: Chloe-Starbuck catfight alert!
This fraktastic casting coup hit a road block last week when Sackhoff abruptly took herself out of the running, prompting me to post this blind item (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/random-scooplet.html). But late Friday, word surfaced that the BSG badass was once again in the mix.

Here's more scoop on Sackhoff's character...
She's in a relationship with fellow agent Davis Cole (played by the just-cast (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/ask-ausiello--3.html) Freddie Prinze. Jr.), and she apparently has a skeleton in her closet she's trying desperately to keep hidden.

As I previously reported, 24's eighth season -- which premieres Jan. 17, 2010 -- will be set in the Big Apple (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/exclusive-24-mo.html) and center on an assassination plot against a visiting foreign leader (Slumdog Millionaire's Anil Kapoor). In addition to Sackhoff and Prinze, new Day 8 blood includes Forrest Gump'sMykelti Williamson, Kissing Jessica Stein's Jennifer Westfeldt (as a journalist with ties to Kapoor's diplomat), and The Starter Wife's Chris Diamantopoulos (as President Taylor's Chief of Staff (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/24-exclusive-ha.html)).

http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/05/28/kateesackhoff_l.jpg

Mr. Plow
06-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh Christ. President Taylor is going to be back? I may just skip next season.

Guru
08-12-2009, 05:51 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V68ZYe1WOi8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V68ZYe1WOi8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Frazod
08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I still haven't watched the 2 hour conclusion. After barely getting over the whole White House attack thing, I was so annoyed that they were rehashing the OH SHIT YOU'VE KIDNAPPED MY DAUGHTER thing again, it just kind of sent me over the edge.

Mr. Plow
08-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm hoping for a quick & timely death of the President this upcoming year. If not, I may not be watching much of this season.

modocsot
08-12-2009, 01:36 PM
New cast member and rumored plot spoilers for season 8
and she apparently has a skeleton in her closet she's trying desperately to keep hidden.

that she's really a man?!

greg63
08-13-2009, 12:47 AM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V68ZYe1WOi8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

So, Jack didn't die. :D

BigRedChief
08-13-2009, 07:46 AM
So, Jack didn't die. :D
If they ever go to a plot involving Jack is dead or will be dead by the end of 24 hours, I'm going postal. We know that anyone can get killed off without any buildup or warning, except Jack. So for the love of god, stop the Jack is gonna die story lines.

Mr. Plow
08-13-2009, 09:07 AM
If they ever go to a plot involving Jack is dead or will be dead by the end of 24 hours, I'm going postal. We know that anyone can get killed off without any buildup or warning, except Jack. So for the love of god, stop the Jack is gonna die story lines.

Exactly.

greg63
08-13-2009, 11:55 AM

LMAO

You forget that killing Jack doesn't make him dead; it only makes him angry.

BigRedChief
08-13-2009, 11:57 AM
LMAO

You forget that killing Jack doesn't make him dead; it only makes him angry.
I thought that was Chuck Norris?:rolleyes:

greg63
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
I thought that was Chuck Norris?:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's a common mistake. :D

Reaper16
09-20-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm hoping for a quick & timely death of the President this upcoming year. If not, I may not be watching much of this season.
Cherry Jones won the Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama for her role as the President in 24.

SUCK A DICK, Mr. Plow.