PDA

View Full Version : Computers Dell customer service issue...

Gary
12-18-2008, 07:29 PM
I bought my wife a Dell this December & got it about a week ago. When I built the system online I chose the 4gb RAM upgrade & assumed(silly me) that Dell would be wise enough to use Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS with it. Wrong...Long story short: Customer svc. rep. sends me a Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS & the Cert. of Authenticity. When my wife has some problems after install, tech. support rep. tells her that it was illegal for the other guy to send out the Vista Ultimate copy & Dell will no longer support the OS on the laptop.

What really bothers is that the tech. support reps. basically tried to blame me for not choosing the 64-bit OS when I built it(They don't specify 32 or 64 bit when you customize/build your system).

Am I wrong for expecting Dell to have used the 64-bit OS & to make things right now?

Buck
12-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Wtf, they shouldn't offer something if it isn't compatible.

You just need to complain and complain until you get a higher up.

Thats how Customer Service works...

kaplin42
12-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I bought my wife a Dell this December & got it about a week ago. When I built the system online I chose the 4gb RAM upgrade & assumed(silly me) that Dell would be wise enough to use Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS with it. Wrong...Long story short: Customer svc. rep. sends me a Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS & the Cert. of Authenticity. When my wife has some problems after install, tech. support rep. tells her that it was illegal for the other guy to send out the Vista Ultimate copy & Dell will no longer support the OS on the laptop.

What really bothers is that the tech. support reps. basically tried to blame me for not choosing the 64-bit OS when I built it(They don't specify 32 or 64 bit when you customize/build your system).

Am I wrong for expecting Dell to have used the 64-bit OS & to make things right now?

No offense man, but you're in the wrong.

At least on the purchasing side. If you didnt see an option for 64 bit, then why would you expect dell to use that. This isn't dell swindling you, this is you not paying attention.

Now as far one tech sending you Vista Ultimate 64, and another tech telling you to basically GFY, thats some bullshit. You need to call their tech support, and get the manager, and when you get him/her, ask to speak to their supervisor, you will get some results.

Gary
12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
No offense man, but you're in the wrong.

At least on the purchasing side. If you didnt see an option for 64 bit, then why would you expect dell to use that. This isn't dell swindling you, this is you not paying attention.

Now as far one tech sending you Vista Ultimate 64, and another tech telling you to basically GFY, thats some bullshit. You need to call their tech support, and get the manager, and when you get him/her, ask to speak to their supervisor, you will get some results.

Actually, Dell doesn't specify AT ALL whether any of the options are 32 or 64 bit...so how could I have known which one they were going to use. The only thing I had to go on was what I already know from Microsoft's Vista website detailing the problem with 32-bit & 4gb of RAM. Also, one of Dell's tech support reps. confirmed with me in an online chat that there is a glitch with the 32-bit OS & 4gb of RAM but Microsoft is "investigating the problem". The tech rep. didn't have any response for me when I asked why they would still use the 32-bit OS with 4gb RAM.