PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Don't you wish your parents named you....

Buehler445
12-18-2008, 08:12 PM
So I'm watching Texas play Stanford in women's volleyball. It's cool, there are miles and miles of legs with not much shorts.

So I'm enjoying the scenery and the announcer say's "Hooker with the kill" LOL OK, Hooker, that's rough. So then I looked her up to see WTF the deal was and check out this name. What in the shit were her parents thinking???

DESTINEE HOOKER

Come on dude. Name her Nicole or something. Seriously.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/w-volley/mtt/hooker_destinee00.html

luv
12-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Some parents are very cruel. I do a lot of indexing of hospital records, and I've see some doozies. The ones I hate (especially since I have to pay closer attention when typing) is when they think of all sorts of crazy ways to spell common names. Amy becomes Aimee. Brandon becomes Brandyn (which seems a little feminine looking to me). Michael becomes Mykel. So on....

Mr. Laz
12-18-2008, 08:24 PM
i think Hooker is her last name ..... not much her parents can do about that.

but Destinee is still pretty funky

i supposed it could of been worse, they could of named her "Ima" or "Juawanna"

Mr. Laz
12-18-2008, 08:26 PM
PERSONAL
Full name is Destinee Dante' Hooker ... daughter of Ricky and Marvetta Hooker ... sister Marshevet, was an NCAA champion, All-American and Big 12 champion in the long jump, sprints and relays from 2004-06 before turning professional .

Discuss Thrower
12-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Some parents are very cruel. I do a lot of indexing of hospital records, and I've see some doozies. The ones I hate (especially since I have to pay closer attention when typing) is when they think of all sorts of crazy ways to spell common names. Amy becomes Aimee. Brandon becomes Brandyn (which seems a little feminine looking to me). Michael becomes Mykel. So on....

Thanks for telling me were you bank. Stalker-ness shall now commence.

kstater
12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
It could be worse. Your parents could have named you Adolf Hitler (insert last name I can't remember).

Gracie Dean
12-18-2008, 09:02 PM
I had a student once who was named Chevelle

I commented that I had never heard that used as a name before, she promptly and proudly told me her parents named her that because she was conceived in a ....

chevelle

BWillie
12-18-2008, 09:10 PM
There is a man in North Carolina named "Harold Dick" and on his Sam's Club card it said "Harry Dick". I mean that is what he goes by. We used to look it up when I used to work there in college.

petegz28
12-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I swear to God on my both of my grandmothers' graves I know 4 people with the most ****ed up names and they are Father-Son

Harry Johnson and Harry Johson Jr.

And I went to school with

Richard aka "Dickie" Long jr son of Richard Long sr.

You really have to wonder sometimes

BWillie
12-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Can you legally name your kid Lil bastard?

kc rush
12-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I've posted this link before. Its a whole list of bad baby names.

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

Buehler445
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I had a student once who was named Chevelle

I commented that I had never heard that used as a name before, she promptly and proudly told me her parents named her that because she was conceived in a ....

chevelle

BAAAAHAHAHHAHA

Portlantis
12-18-2008, 10:04 PM
There is a man in North Carolina named "Harold Dick" and on his Sam's Club card it said "Harry Dick". I mean that is what he goes by. We used to look it up when I used to work there in college.

It's not quite as obvious, but there was a teacher at our high school named Harry Pusey.

DaFace
12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I've never found one (aside from perhaps Adolph Hitler) that was worse than a girl at my high school. Her name was Tender Lee Mount.

(Tender, if you ever find this googling yourself, I'm glad you have a sense of humor about your name!)

J Diddy
12-18-2008, 10:11 PM
I've never found one (aside from perhaps Adolph Hitler) that was worse than a girl at my high school. Her name was Tender Lee Mount.

(Tender, if you ever find this googling yourself, I'm glad you have a sense of humor about your name!)

I once had a customer whose last name was c*unt. I thought it was a joke until she payed me with a check

Portlantis
12-18-2008, 10:12 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2K8_jgiNqUc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2K8_jgiNqUc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Bob" Dobbs
12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I went to high school with Sno White.

petegz28
12-18-2008, 10:16 PM
I went to high school with Sno White.

Well, Cocoa Crisp has to be a favorite. :p

kc rush
12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I got rear ended a few weeks ago and the guy who hit me wrote down his insurance agents name as Harry Kock. He had put it down wrong, the agents name was Harry Koch.

If anyone out there is Googling a combination of rear end and harry kock and you come across this post, you've got problems.

Buehler445
12-18-2008, 10:18 PM

Ohhhhhhh DAMN

bluehawkdoc
12-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I delivered a baby that the parents named Dragon. I thought they would pronounce it with a long A or something. No such luck...Dad said, you know, like Dungeons and Dragons. Poor kid.