PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Herm recounts how Carl created him, and why it's not his fault!

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2008, 02:01 PM
http://www.montereyherald.com/sports/ci_11271084?nclick_check=1

I have known Carl Peterson since I was 17 years old. He recruited me out of Monterey High when he was an assistant coach at UCLA.

When I got out of college, he signed me as an undrafted free agent for the Eagles when he was in Philadelphia. We kept a strong relationship.

I remember telling him when I get out of this game as a player, I want to coach. He told me start in college. He gave me an internship the first year he got to Kansas City in 1988.

Then he gave me a scouting position the following year where I worked with Tony Dungy. Carl actually gave me my first head coaching interview before I went to the Jets a year later.

Then he got me out of New York five years later for a fourth round pick. He traded for me.

No doubt Carl was the face of the Chiefs. The season ticket base was only 30,000 when he arrived 20 some years ago. Now it's filled each week. He has had a tremendous run. He put the Chiefs back on the map.

His legacy is what he has done for Kansas City and the NFL, not that he could not build a team to get to the Super Bowl. I'll tell you what. He's not going to retire. He will pop up somewhere.

With a new general manager coming in, we'll have to wait and see what direction he wants to go. It'll be his team. It's another distraction. :rolleyes:

We've now lost seven games by seven points or less. But last week was the hardest defeat. Everything that could go wrong for us did in the final five minutes of the game.

We had an 11-point lead and we can't make a first down. They go on a long drive and score. Then we fumble the onside kick. It was unbelievable. Then we missed a field goal at the end.

Of course, it never should have come to that. That's youth not having enough confidence to make a play at the end. It's almost as if we're waiting for something to happen. :rolleyes:

We'll be a much better team for it in the long run. These guys have gone through a lot. But it's almost like they are waiting for something bad to happen instead of putting teams away.

I don't look at the last two weeks as players playing for jobs. We laid the foundation down this year. Ninety percent of the team will be back. Our gauge is to try and win a home game for these fans.

And there is an opportunity to knock someone out of a division lead in Miami. We have the pedal to the metal. We are doing everything we can to win a game. But we've struggled all year in the second half to score points.

We had 18 first downs in the first half against San Diego and three in the second half. Every week we look like a playoff team in the first half. It's a whole different deal in the second half. I don't know what that is. That's what we're trying to find out.

I look at Miami and say that could be us next year. It gives you hope we can do that. It's a mindset. They have won seven games by nine points or less. Of course, we've lost seven games by seven points or less.

We're still coaching and the players are still learning. Regardless of our record, we still get the opportunity to teach. There's a lot of pride with these players. And the coaches.

We've been pretty loose the last couple of weeks. We're trying to have fun. That's part of the deal. If you can't have fun, I don't want them coming to practice.

OnTheWarpath58
12-19-2008, 02:06 PM
We had 18 first downs in the first half against San Diego and three in the second half. Every week we look like a playoff team in the first half. It's a whole different deal in the second half. I don't know what that is. That's what we're trying to find out.

It's you, fuckstick.

King_Chief_Fan
12-19-2008, 02:15 PM
He is going to ride that 7 games by 7 or less all the way to keep his job.
He is the most arrogant incompetent ass clown this team has ever seen. He has a reason for everything, but the reason is never him.

He doesn't know why the second half the game is different than the first. That should be so elementary to figure out. More than half of the half wits (I am including me) on this board know the answer to that.

FringeNC
12-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Herm really needs to go into politics. He talks a lot, and says very little.

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Herm really needs to go into politics. He talks a lot, and says very little.

Sir, it's been nine months and you haven't found Bin Laden. What do you say to that?

"Flustrating. Our soldiers just need to make a play."

Agent V
12-19-2008, 02:21 PM
I really, REALLY want the new GM to walk in and fire his ass. Then let's see what he has to say when he's thrown out with no friend to offer him a job he doesn't deserve.

Skip Towne
12-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Looks like your teams run out of gas in the 2nd half. It couldn't be your country club practices could it?

petegz28
12-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I really, REALLY want the new GM to walk in and fire his ass. Then let's see what he has to say when he's thrown out with no friend to offer him a job he doesn't deserve.

If he considers a new GM "a distraction", I'd say he just signed his resignation.

petegz28
12-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Looks like your teams run out of gas in the 2nd half. It couldn't be your country club practices could it?

:clap::clap:
Skip, I have to give you props on this, buddy. I have complained about Herm's practices for a long time.

royr17
12-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I dont believe any of this. Herm is not that stupid to say some stupid stuff like that. I dont like him as a coach but I still dont believe that he would say something like that.

HemiEd
12-19-2008, 02:43 PM
He is the most arrogant incompetent ass clown this team has ever seen. He has a reason for everything, but the reason is never him.

Amen, I am so sick of hearing about the 7x7 shit, I could puke.

People used to get irritated at Vermeil, for talking about a tough schedule. This shit is ten times as bad.

Monty

Check the game film and get back to us.

We'll wait.

Extra Point
Yeah, on average, these guys make more in a season than a lot of people will make in a lifetime, but we're here to have fun.

HemiEd
12-19-2008, 02:44 PM
If he considers a new GM "a distraction", I'd say he just signed his resignation.

Or he already knows his fate. PBJ

kstater
12-19-2008, 02:44 PM
I dont believe any of this. Herm is not that stupid to say some stupid stuff like that. I dont like him as a coach but I still dont believe that he would say something like that.

Clearly you've underestimated the stupidity that is Herm Edwards.

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2008, 02:47 PM

Roy, it's straight from his own brain. That's his weekly column in the Monterey fish wrap.

Micjones
12-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Not having the answers to the important questions is every reason why this rebuilding project is too big for you.

I hope the new GM, with Clark Hunt's approval, puts you down quietly.

Sure-Oz
12-19-2008, 02:49 PM
I can't wait till that douche is unemployed

Fairplay
12-19-2008, 02:53 PM

Believe it roy.

Pull your head out and believe it.

petegz28
12-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Roy, it's straight from his own brain. That's his weekly column in the Monterey fish wrap.

Once again Clatythan, you show you are clueless. Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

just jiving you. :D

DeezNutz
12-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I still think he deserves another year. It's Carl's fault. It's a lack of talent. We need more O-linemen. /TF/

BigChiefFan
12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
The team IS BUILT ACCORDING to HERM. He said 97% of the players will remain with the team.

kc rush
12-19-2008, 03:17 PM
The team IS BUILT ACCORDING to HERM. He said 97% of the players will remain with the team.

Yeah, he keeps spouting that 90-97% of the same team will be back next year. That means that only 2-5 players from the 52 man roster will be replaced. That must mean that the '09 draft class will truly suck.

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Like I said in my column, Carl is truly Dr. Frankenstein. He created this Herm monster. It's absolutely incredible when you look at their history. It's like Herm was groomed to be Carl's downfall.

Darth CarlSatan
12-19-2008, 03:27 PM

Yep, that was the one statement that said more than anything else.

This guy is fucking toast.

Print It!

Darth CarlSatan
12-19-2008, 03:30 PM
I can't wait till that douche is unemployed

Absolutely.

I can't WAIT to reap the benefits of the 'Herm-Curse'; wherever he leaves, that place turns to Gold.

Rausch
12-19-2008, 03:32 PM

I doubt the new GM looks at Herm as anything more than a distraction...

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I doubt the new GM looks at Herm as anything more than a distraction...

I LIKE TO PLAY WITH THINGS AWHILE...BEFORE ANNIHILATION!

http://americandinosaur.mu.nu/archives/klytus1.jpg

Darth CarlSatan
12-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I LIKE TO PLAY WITH THINGS AWHILE...BEFORE ANNIHILATION!

http://americandinosaur.mu.nu/archives/klytus1.jpg
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNIVpMXHqlk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNIVpMXHqlk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FLASH REP!

Mr. Laz
12-19-2008, 03:37 PM
i dunno why he keeps saying 7x7

close games is where coaching can make the biggest difference

7x7 might as well scream "your coaching sucks!!"

royr17
12-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Then herm is stupider than I could've ever imagined him being.

HemiEd
12-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Then herm is stupider than I could've ever imagined him being.

Duh, welcome to 2006.

BigRock
12-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Emoticons in an article? Are you findthedr now?

raybec 4
12-19-2008, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=Claythan;5311289]http://www.montereyherald.com/sports/ci_11271084?nclick_check=1
Every week we look like a playoff team in the first half. It's a whole different deal in the second half. I don't know what that is. That's what we're trying to find out.

I believe it's called halftime adjustments, it's a little trick o' the trade most coaches pick up somewhere between pop warner and mighty mights. Give it a try, you'll be amazed.

CoMoChief
12-19-2008, 04:19 PM
I hope Herm gets a 5 yr extension, this place would go on full melt down mode

Darth CarlSatan
12-19-2008, 04:19 PM
[quote=Claythan;5311289]http://www.montereyherald.com/sports/ci_11271084?nclick_check=1
Every week we look like a playoff team in the first half. It's a whole different deal in the second half. I don't know what that is. That's what we're trying to find out.

I believe it's called halftime adjustments, it's a little trick o' the trade most coaches pick up somewhere between pop warner and mighty mights. Give it a try, you'll be amazed.
ROFL This.

Darth CarlSatan
12-19-2008, 04:24 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l6z_06dbWug&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l6z_06dbWug&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HemiEd
12-19-2008, 04:30 PM

you should be stabbed in the face , for even saying such a thing.

Count Alex's Wins
12-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Well he's right, it would be pretty funny.

The thread might surpass the Carl resigns thread. ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
12-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Well he's right, it would be pretty funny.

The thread might surpass the Carl resigns thread. ROFL
No it wouldn't, because at that point we all quit and kill ourselves.

Dave Lane
12-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Or those pesky half time adjustments those arena league teams make!

BigRock
12-19-2008, 06:06 PM
No it wouldn't, because at that point we all quit and kill ourselves.

And that wouldn't be funny because...?

Darth CarlSatan
12-19-2008, 08:23 PM
And that wouldn't be funny because...?

Hey, if you want it so bad, I've got the box full of Kool-Aid and the necessary additives; you first.:thumb:

TEX
12-19-2008, 08:31 PM

He doesn't know why the second half the game is different than the first. That should be so elementary to figure out. More than half of the half wits (I am including me) on this board know the answer to that.

Yep. I was thinking the same thing...:shake:

DaFace
12-19-2008, 08:37 PM
What's with the broken link?

EDIT: Nevermind. Here's one that works.

http://www.montereyherald.com/sports/ci_11271084

Buehler445
12-19-2008, 10:55 PM

Burn in hell.

Realistically, if the SOB got a significant extension, this place would probably talk about BBQ and boobs. I think most would quit talking about the Chiefs. Really.

El Pendejo
12-19-2008, 11:07 PM
It's you, ****stick.

I'm not a Chiefs fan, but the quoted post pretty much sums it up. The players play hard. But especially when they're ahead at the break...they look flat out docile in the final two quarters.

He can't pin this season on the guys who bleed...they've played to the best of their abilities. It starts at the top.

I think Herm is a good coach...he just needs to take a step back in to a big fat boot that will propel him back into reality. His players haven't quit on this season...the second halves of games makes one wonder (a non chiefs fan) if he's done the same.

The Bad Guy
12-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but the quoted post pretty much sums it up. The players play hard. But especially when they're ahead at the break...they look flat out docile in the final two quarters.

He can't pin this season on the guys who bleed...they've played to the best of their abilities. It starts at the top.

I think Herm is a good coach...he just needs to take a step back in to a big fat boot that will propel him back into reality. His players haven't quit on this season...the second halves of games makes one wonder (a non chiefs fan) if he's done the same.

Good coaches typically don't have a well below .500 record.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Burn in hell.

Realistically, if the SOB got a significant extension, this place would probably talk about BBQ and boobs. I think most would quit talking about the Chiefs. Really.

QFT, it would be the death blow to this fanbase and franchise... Oh there are the select few that enjoy losing or "just making the playoffs and HOPE to make some noise" crowd that will swallow the fact that Herm is still the coach...

Guru
12-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah, Herm. None of it has ANYTHING to do with YOU.

blueballs
12-19-2008, 11:40 PM
So if things repeat themselves
Jeff Webb will coach the Broncos
into oblivion

Darth CarlSatan
12-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, Herm. None of it has ANYTHING to do with YOU.

As I said before, 'Total Team Bus-Chuck'; nothing is Herm's fault. Ever.

Getting a new GM is a "distraction" that messes with all that great Edwards Mojo.

The team sucks in the 2cnd Half NOT because Herm switches to his ultra-awesome "Play To Not Lose"-philosophy, but because Thigpen can't cut it as a Quarterback; Bob Gretz said so!:rolleyes:

kregger
12-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Does Herm really believe he'll be around after winning 3 home games in the span of two years? JFC, we used to have a home field advantage that ranked in the top of the league, now it's comedy gold as to how we'll choke on our own vomit.

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Does Herm really believe he'll be around after winning 3 home games in the span of two years? JFC, we used to have a home field advantage that ranked in the top of the league, now it's comedy gold as to how we'll choke on our own vomit.

Ian should shove a flute up Herm's ass! :D

Guru
12-20-2008, 01:09 AM
As I said before, 'Total Team Bus-Chuck'; nothing is Herm's fault. Ever.

Getting a new GM is a "distraction" that messes with all that great Edwards Mojo.

The team sucks in the 2cnd Half NOT because Herm switches to his ultra-awesome "Play To Not Lose"-philosophy, but because Thigpen can't cut it as a Quarterback; Bob Gretz said so!:rolleyes:You know, I would give anything for one of these coaches that take the burden upon themselves for a teams performance. Players have their responsibility but to constantaly make an excuse that deflects all the blame off yourself is asinine. I can't believe that Clark likes this guy.

kregger
12-20-2008, 01:19 AM
I can't wait till he blames Santa Claus for this weeks performance.

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 01:20 AM
You know, I would give anything for one of these coaches that take the burden upon themselves for a teams performance. Players have their responsibility but to constantaly make an excuse that deflects all the blame off yourself is asinine. I can't believe that Clark likes this guy.

I don't think he does.

I've said before and I'll say it again; Clark is going to be the kind of guy who drops "Chess Bombs" as he did with Carl. I think he's get just as much ruthlessness as Al Davis, but in a SMART kind of way and without the media "look at me" song and dance.
I believe he WILL be a better owner than his old man, because he want's to bring the Chiefs to a higher level than Lamar did and keep it there.

We'll see.

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 01:20 AM

ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2008, 01:23 AM

"I thought maybe Santa Claus would bring us a gift this week but I checked unda that tree Sunday morning and it didn't look real good. Not good at all. Then we went out on the field and I looked under the bench and nope, no presents. We got on the field and it didn't look real good. Santa didn't give us any gifts out there either, though we gave the Dolphins a few. They say the season is the reason but we've been doing this all year, now. It's not good. That's not good. I'm not sure if I want to believe in Santa anymore. Flustrating."

Guru
12-20-2008, 01:25 AM
"I thought maybe Santa Claus would bring us a gift this week but I checked unda that tree Sunday morning and it didn't look real good. Not good at all. Then we went out on the field and I looked under the bench and nope, no presents. We got on the field and it didn't look real good. Santa didn't give us any gifts out there either, though we gave the Dolphins a few. They say the season is the reason but we've been doing this all year, now. It's not good. That's not good. I'm not sure if I want to believe in Santa anymore. Flustrating."Damn, that almost sounds real. Did you lift that from a New York paper from 4 years ago?

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Damn, that almost sounds real. Did you lift that from a New York paper from 4 years ago?

"You can be critical about my coaching but I don't appreciate it when someone calls me a thief. I don't appreciate it. I don't like it. It's not good. That's not good. I wasn't raised that way. My mother raised me betta den dat. She did, now. I was raised betta. I don't believe in stealing. I don't believe in that. It's not good. So don't go there. That flustrates me."

Guru
12-20-2008, 01:33 AM
"You can be critical about my coaching but I don't appreciate it when someone calls me a thief. I don't appreciate it. I don't like it. It's not good. That's not good. I wasn't raised that way. My mother raised me betta den dat. She did, now. I was raised betta. I don't believe in stealing. I don't believe in that. It's not good. So don't go there. That flustrates me."ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 01:50 AM
"You can be critical about my coaching but I don't appreciate it when someone calls me a thief. I don't appreciate it. I don't like it. It's not good. That's not good. I wasn't raised that way. My mother raised me betta den dat. She did, now. I was raised betta. I don't believe in stealing. I don't believe in that. It's not good. So don't go there. That flustrates me."

Is that an actual Herm quote?

Count Alex's Wins
12-20-2008, 01:56 AM

No. But I am fluent in Hermese.

kregger
12-20-2008, 01:56 AM

Does it matter? ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 02:04 AM
No. But I am fluent in Hermese.

Doesn't that require a minor in Useless Gibberish before you can take the Herm-Level Class?

Guru
12-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Doesn't that require a minor in Useless Gibberish before you can take the Herm-Level Class?So is it called Major Herm?

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 02:12 AM
So is it called Major Herm?

I think they call it Poly Sci.

Ultra Peanut
12-20-2008, 05:45 AM
He is interred at the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, Westwood, Los Angeles, California, where he is buried next to his friend, Walter Matthau. In typical Jack Lemmon wit, his gravestone simply reads 'Jack Lemmon in'. After Matthau's death in 2000, Lemmon appeared with friends and relatives of the actor on a Larry King Live show in tribute. A year later, many of the same people appeared on the show again to pay tribute to Lemmon.

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 05:58 AM
He is interred at the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, Westwood, Los Angeles, California, where he is buried next to his friend, Walter Matthau. In typical Jack Lemmon wit, his gravestone simply reads 'Jack Lemmon in'. After Matthau's death in 2000, Lemmon appeared with friends and relatives of the actor on a Larry King Live show in tribute. A year later, many of the same people appeared on the show again to pay tribute to Lemmon.

Ruh???

Ultra Peanut
12-20-2008, 06:07 AM
Ruh???
http://i44.tinypic.com/2m4wshj.jpg

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 06:17 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2m4wshj.jpg

I got THAT. What I didn't get is why Matthau and Lemons landed in this thread?

Ultra Peanut
12-20-2008, 06:19 AM
They both go down together.

rad
12-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Ruh???

That's UP, baby.

whoman69
12-20-2008, 08:34 AM
I don't think he does.

I've said before and I'll say it again; Clark is going to be the kind of guy who drops "Chess Bombs" as he did with Carl. I think he's get just as much ruthlessness as Al Davis, but in a SMART kind of way and without the media "look at me" song and dance.
I believe he WILL be a better owner than his old man, because he want's to bring the Chiefs to a higher level than Lamar did and keep it there.

We'll see.

I can't agree with your optimism in that regard since we were 30 million under the cap this year. Perhaps he just doesn't want to be embarrassed anymore.

milkman
12-20-2008, 09:50 AM
I was just watching ESPN and Chris Mortenson reported that Herman fucking Edwards is contemplating his future, because he doesn't feel he has it in him to make another run with a new GM.

Sounds to me like coach speak for:

"I know the new GM is going to shitcan me cause I suck, so I might quit before I get fired".

Take the report for what it's worth.

BigChiefFan
12-20-2008, 09:54 AM
I was just watching ESPN and Chris Mortenson reported that Herman ****ing Edwards is contemplating his future, because he doesn't feel he has it in him to make another run with a new GM.

Sounds to me like coach speak for:

"I know the new GM is going to shitcan me cause I suck, so I might quit before I get fired".

Take the report for what it's worth.
Love it. Nice report.

blueballs
12-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Herm is forced to punt

Boon
12-20-2008, 10:13 AM
The first sentence of the article tells the whole sad story.

Agent V
12-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I have known Carl Peterson since I was 17 years old. He recruited me out of Monterey High when he was an assistant coach at UCLA.

Wasn't Herm a stubborn little shit when he played?

kc rush
12-20-2008, 11:01 AM

Reporter: Herm, today was another loss, can you tell us what happened out there?

Herm: I was a player you know. When I was a player I played for the shield number one, because if you aren't playing for the shield, you aren't a NFL player. When I was a player I played for Philadelphia. They boo'd Santa Clause in Philadelphia...Can you believe that, they boo'd Santa Clause.

No no no, you don't boo Santa Clause...that ain't right. Santa Clause is magical. You don't boo a magical Santa Clause. I didn't boo Santa Clause when I was a player.

Now these players here, they don't play like I played when I was a player, because I played. And you have to make plays when you are a player.

And these players, I don't think these players believe in the magic of Christmas like I did when I was a player.

If you don't make the plays, and it is up to the players to make plays... we call the plays, the players need to make the plays...If you don't make the plays as a player you ain't going to win without a miracle.

If you don't believe in the magic of Christmas, you ain't going to get a miracle. Santa ain't goin to show up and help you win the game.

Now the fans, they ain't like they used to, and if they ain't showing up during the magical miracle magic time of Christmas, they don't have no Christmas spirit. Santa ain't going to bring you no win if you don't believe.

Reporter: Um, all I asked was why did the team lose today, was it...

Herm: Santa Clause. Santa Clause didn't bring us no miracle. Now I believe in the magical miracle of the magic of the Christmas season, so it ain't my fault that Santa Clause didn't give us no Christmas miracle. That is Santa Claus's fault. Now Santa Clause ain't going to give you no Christmas miracles if you don't show up and believe, and the fans aren't out here, so they don't believe, so the fans ain't doing their part. This is the fan's fault. The players don't believe, so they ain't going to get no magical Christmas miracle win, and if you ain't going to get that kind of win, you need to make the plays to win. Players need to make plays and players need to believe in Santa Clause. This is the players fault.

Now I ain't making excuses, because I don't make excuses, because I'm honest, and honest people don't make excuses, so when I say that I'm telling the truth, its because I'm telling the truth and I'm honest about not making excuses. But because there will be a new GM, that is distracting from the magical miracle of the magical season of Christmas and it makes it hard to do what you need to do to help the team win, but I done all I can, and now it is all up to the players the fans the new GM and most of all the Santa Clause.

Extra Point
12-20-2008, 11:14 AM
If you don't make the plays, and it is up to the players to make plays... we call the plays, the players need to make the plays...If you don't make the plays as a player you ain't going to win without a miracle.

If you don't believe in the magic of Christmas, you ain't going to get a miracle. Santa ain't goin to show up and help you win the game.

This is the fan's fault. The players don't believe, so they ain't going to get no magical Christmas miracle win, and if you ain't going to get that kind of win, you need to make the plays to win. Players need to make plays and players need to believe in Santa Clause. This is the players fault.

Someone remembers the Miracle at the Meadowlands!!!

Best post ever!!!

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 02:32 PM
I can't agree with your optimism in that regard since we were 30 million under the cap this year. Perhaps he just doesn't want to be embarrassed anymore.

Some for construction, some for the 2009 Draft.

whoman69
12-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Some for construction, some for the 2009 Draft.

If you leave some for construction, why do you leave money unspent this year when there was still construction left to go? If we again sign players that couldn't even cut it on other piss poor teams, then we'll know where the real priorities lie. I believe our signings this year were merely because they were cheaper alternatives. I'm not sure how it can be looked at any other way. Not even the most optimistic truly believed that these bargain basement replacements were really going to fill the giant holes we had coming into this year. It certainly shouldn't take $30 million in cap money to sign your rookies. You'll never need a cap if you keep on signing castoffs from the league's worst teams in positions where you need immediate help.

Darth CarlSatan
12-20-2008, 11:58 PM
If you leave some for construction, why do you leave money unspent this year when there was still construction left to go? If we again sign players that couldn't even cut it on other piss poor teams, then we'll know where the real priorities lie. I believe our signings this year were merely because they were cheaper alternatives. I'm not sure how it can be looked at any other way. Not even the most optimistic truly believed that these bargain basement replacements were really going to fill the giant holes we had coming into this year. It certainly shouldn't take $30 million in cap money to sign your rookies. You'll never need a cap if you keep on signing castoffs from the league's worst teams in positions where you need immediate help.

Look; I'm not trying to cop out on you here, but asking me or anyone else on this board who is not affiliated with the franchise why the Chiefs do the things they do, is futile at best.
I can only go on what I've been fed by the local sports-jocks in this matter, but their take was probably just sour grapes anyway.

Who knows?