PDA

View Full Version : Office/Company Christmas Party

Frazod
12-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I hadn't got lit up at a work-related function for years, but that all changed last night. One of my bosses got me a bottle of 18YO Macallan, and I still hadn't finished the one he got me last year, so I decided to crack it and start drinking. I shared some, but by the time the party moved from the office lobby to the bar, about 2/3rds of it was gone and I drank most of it, along with some Patron tequila. Then it was on to Jagerbombs, southern comfort and beer. I don't drink like that anymore, and I was fucking hammered. Not falling down, puking, black out hammered, but still pretty damned hammered.

I learned that I still shoot a pretty decent game of drunk pool. I learned that I probably shouldn't be dancing at my age. I guess I'll learn how much of a sense of humor the head of the real estate department has if I still have a job on Monday - exact quote "When Herb says there's too much work, it's like the devil saying 'damn, these flames are too hot.'" He was laughing along with everyone else, though. And I'm pretty sure one of my coworkers was hitting on me - either that or she was using my knee to scratch her crotch for about 15 minutes. Too married and too many witnesses to act on that one, though. But I must admit I did enjoy it.

I staggered to a cab, got to the train station in time to catch the last train home, somehow managed not to pass out on the train and miss my stop, and was probably still a bit too drunk to drive home an hour later, but it's only a mile and there was no traffic. No harm, no foul!

Monday should be interesting. :D

So, does anybody else want to share drunken holiday antics?

Skip Towne
12-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I hadn't got lit up at a work-related function for years, but that all changed last night. One of my bosses got me a bottle of 18YO Macallan, and I still hadn't finished the one he got me last year, so I decided to crack it and start drinking. I shared some, but by the time the party moved from the office lobby to the bar, about 2/3rds of it was gone and I drank most of it, along with some Patron tequila. Then it was on to Jagerbombs, southern comfort and beer. I don't drink like that anymore, and I was fucking hammered. Not falling down, puking, black out hammered, but still pretty damned hammered.

I learned that I still shoot a pretty decent game of drunk pool. I learned that I probably shouldn't be dancing at my age. I guess I'll learn how much of a sense of humor the head of the real estate department has if I still have a job on Monday - exact quote "When Herb says there's too much work, it's like the devil saying 'damn, these flames are too hot.'" He was laughing along with everyone else, though. And I'm pretty sure one of my coworkers was hitting on me - either that or she was using my knee to scratch her crotch for about 15 minutes. Too married and too many witnesses to act on that one, though. But I must admit I did enjoy it.

I staggered to a cab, got to the train station in time to catch the last train home, somehow managed not to pass out on the train and miss my stop, and was probably still a bit too drunk to drive home an hour later, but it's only a mile and there was no traffic. No harm, no foul!

Monday should be interesting. :D

So, does anybody else want to share drunken holiday antics?

Did the cooks come out of the kitchen to watch you dance?

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Worthless without pics.

sedated
12-20-2008, 12:24 PM
and was probably still a bit too drunk to drive home an hour later, but it's only a mile and there was no traffic. No harm, no foul!

thank god you didn't kill anyone, you peice of shit. [/chiefsplanet holier than now]

Frazod
12-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Did the cooks come out of the kitchen to watch you dance?

Hard telling. There could be YouTube footage out there somewhere.

Frazod
12-20-2008, 12:26 PM
thank god you didn't kill anyone, you peice of shit. [/chiefsplanet holier than now]

I did have an hour and a half cooldown period - it's not like went immediately from bar to car.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Your boss and it sounds like you too, have good taste in booze. 18 yr old Macallan is a Flopnuts favorite.

StcChief
12-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Glad you had a good one.... my guess you'll still be working there on Monday.
you were probably not the only one "a little too lit-up". The grinder chick who knows?
they may not take too kindly to that.

Vegas_Dave
12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Your boss and it sounds like you too, have good taste in booze. 18 yr old Macallan is a Flopnuts favorite.

Macallan Fine Oak 18yr - yummmmmmm

XXXshogunXXX
12-20-2008, 02:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FQIgKdO__y4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FQIgKdO__y4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Skip Towne
12-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Glad you had a good one.... my guess you'll still be working there on Monday.
you were probably not the only one "a little too lit-up". The grinder chick who knows?
they may not take too kindly to that.

Use the Costanza defense. Is that frowned upon here? Nobody mentioned it to me.

blueballs
12-20-2008, 02:29 PM
the smell of southern comfort
makes the pre-puke grease my throat

Ari Chi3fs
12-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I bet CadMonkey has some interesting office party stories.

KCChiefsMan
12-20-2008, 03:33 PM
several years ago I attended a work Christmas party and I don't remember much of it. I was told that I relentlessly hit on the bosses sister

Buehler445
12-20-2008, 04:20 PM
several years ago I attended a work Christmas party and I don't remember much of it. I was told that I relentlessly hit on the bosses sister

NICE!

JuicesFlowing
12-20-2008, 04:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXy8B9V5jLI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXy8B9V5jLI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

angelo
12-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Years ago I went to a company party at a local greek restaurant where the ouzo flowed like water.

I had only been working there for about three months. I ended up taking an female employee home with me. I thought I was pretty smooth until the next morning when we realized were late for a mandatory company meeting.
As we walked in, she still had the same clothes on as the night before.
It was then that she mentioned that she was dating the manager in another department. He was the one leading the meeting. It was a wee bit awkward.

Ang

rad
12-20-2008, 04:55 PM
I did have an hour and a half cooldown period - it's not like went immediately from bar to car.

Oh yeah, that's plenty of time after all the booze you drank.

Count Zarth
12-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Was she hot?

Frazod
12-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Was she hot?

Not too bad. Earlier she'd been flirting with one of my friends.

I doubt if her husband would have approved, but he was elsewhere. :D

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Years ago I went to a company party at a local greek restaurant where the ouzo flowed like water.

I had only been working there for about three months. I ended up taking an female employee home with me. I thought I was pretty smooth until the next morning when we realized were late for a mandatory company meeting.
As we walked in, she still had the same clothes on as the night before.
It was then that she mentioned that she was dating the manager in another department. He was the one leading the meeting. It was a wee bit awkward.

Ang

That is awesome.

rad
12-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Not too bad. Earlier she'd been flirting with one of my friends.

I doubt if her husband would have approved, but he was elsewhere. :D

Don't forget to slap the old lady around if she tries to smell your knee.

Nzoner
12-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Sounds like something from Penthouse Letters but I swear it's true.I was in my 20's and had been working in my first advertising sales job for about 2 months.My female boss was hostess of the company party at her place and after a long afternoon of drinking etc. we (my boss,the company secretary and I) found ourselves the last 3 left at the party.

The secretary pulled out a joint and we all got stoned while we listened to The Police Ghost In The Machine album.Shortly there after one thing led to another and we found ourselves in a threesome till the wee hours of the morning.20+ years later and still the absolute best Christmas party ever.

Frazod
12-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Sounds like something from Penthouse Letters but I swear it's true.I was in my 20's and had been working in my first advertising sales job for about 2 months.My female boss was hostess of the company party at her place and after a long afternoon of drinking etc. we (my boss,the company secretary and I) found ourselves the last 3 left at the party.

The secretary pulled out a joint and we all got stoned while we listened to The Police Ghost In The Machine album.Shortly there after one thing led to another and we found ourselves in a threesome till the wee hours of the morning.20+ years later and still the absolute best Christmas party ever.

Your story kicks my story's butt. :D

KcMizzou
12-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Your story kicks my story's butt. :DLeave it to 'Zoner...

That dude's got all the connections.

kc rush
12-20-2008, 11:36 PM

Damn Joe, all I can say is wow.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2008, 04:08 AM
My last sem of college one of the profs had a as an end of semester/Xmas party for the senior sem class and a bunch of professors at his house. There was one chick in my class who I'd always kind of had a crush on. We started talking, flirting, and dancing, and lo and behold at 3 in the am, I fucked her in the upstairs study of the house.

patteeu
12-21-2008, 04:46 AM

I've never been a big fan of that album (or the Police in general), but I bet you are. LOL Nice job. :wayne:

Nzoner
12-21-2008, 08:43 AM
I've never been a big fan of that album (or the Police in general), but I bet you are. LOL Nice job. :wayne:

The choice of the album(made by me) was purely based on the selection available,and yes,after that night that album grew on me a little. :)

Hoover
12-21-2008, 09:22 AM
How in the hell does one go from Patron to SoCo in a matter of hours?

Frazod
12-21-2008, 11:26 AM
How in the hell does one go from Patron to SoCo in a matter of hours?

Because I went from not paying for it at a party to paying for it at a ridiculously expensive bar in the River North area of Chicago.