PDA

View Full Version : MU Tigers basketball

jjchieffan
12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
With all the traveling I am doing for work these days, I have been unable to follow the games this year. I know the record is 8-1, which looks impressive. Have they turned things around? Are they a really good team this year? Or have they just played a bunch of easy games?

eazyb81
12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
The true test will come on the 23rd against Illinois. If they can finally end the losing streak against the Illini, then I will believe that this team is for real.

DJay23
12-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I know a lot of Mizzou fans seem really upbeat and positive about the team this year. Seems that Anderson's recruits have bought into his style of play.

Pitt Gorilla
12-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Without an absolute collapse and a ton a free throws for the other team, MU would be 9-0. I haven't seen any of the games, but it sounds like the ton of freshmen are playing well.

BWillie
12-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I hope no Missouri Tiger basketball players get charged with felony assault this year.

KChiefs1
12-20-2008, 04:37 PM
They finally are playing the 40 minutes of Hell that Anderson wants.
I think he finally has the players that he can do that with...we'll find out how good they really are on December 23rd vs Illinois though.

Priest31kc
12-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Yep, there is a big buzz in Columbia about the basketball team.

We're 8-1, should be 9-0, with wins over USC and Cal big, and we're ranked 28th receiving votes for the top 25.

We do look alot better. Lyons and Carrol are playing fantastic, and Paul,Denmon and English can all shoot it. Anderson has his type of players and depth to play his style of basketball now. But Demarre has really stepped his game up, he's improved his shooting and is healthy, and Lyons has kept on what he started in Big 12 play last year. It's exciting to see, and the true test will be against Illinois Tuesday night. If we win that game, we will be ranked and Mizzou fans will truly be excited then. Tuesday is a big day.

But, tonight we got Stetson at home, can't overlook them, and we haven't played in 7 days. We could look flat early on.

KcMizzou
12-20-2008, 06:43 PM
24-11 Mizzou over Stetson

3:41 left in the first half.

Been pretty sloppy, but the defense has been active. Lots of steals.

Priest31kc
12-20-2008, 06:57 PM
yep, probably the sloppiest half of b ball all year for the Tigers. I bet Anderson is going to rip them a new one at half.

KcMizzou
12-20-2008, 07:10 PM
yep, probably the sloppiest half of b ball all year for the Tigers. I bet Anderson is going to rip them a new one at half.Heh, you must have been right.

Skip Towne
12-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Heh, you must have been right.

Every time a Mizzou game is on FSMW, I get a message that says not available in my area. I never see that any other time.

KcMizzou
12-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Every time a Mizzou game is on FSMW, I get a message that says not available in my area. I never see that any other time.It's on Metro Sports for me. I think that's a Time Warner only channel.

Skip Towne
12-20-2008, 07:39 PM
It's on Metro Sports for me. I think that's a Time Warner only channel.

You're on that evil cable. What's the score?

ArrowheadHawk
12-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I hope they are good. It would be nice to have some competition again.

beer bacon
12-20-2008, 07:58 PM
The final score tonight was MU 78, Stetson 44.

Priest31kc
12-20-2008, 08:21 PM
MU-78 Stetson-44

50 points in the 2nd half, great defense all night long. Good win, now time to focus on ILLINOIS TUESDAY!!! Big game. We might be ranked going into that game.

Priest31kc
12-20-2008, 08:21 PM
MU-78 Stetson-44

50 points in the 2nd half, great defense all night long. Good win, now time to focus on ILLINOIS TUESDAY!!! Big game. We might be ranked going into that game.

jjchieffan
12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I can catch some games soon.

KcMizzou
12-20-2008, 10:10 PM
I hope they are good. It would be nice to have some competition again.It'd be nice to give you guys some competiton again.

The football rivalry's been a blast the past couple seasons. I'd love to see Mizzou get back in the B-ball mix.

luv
01-04-2009, 01:28 AM
It'd be nice to give you guys some competiton again.

The football rivalry's been a blast the past couple seasons. I'd love to see Mizzou get back in the B-ball mix.

12-2 versus 10-3. We in the mix?

KcMizzou
01-04-2009, 01:32 AM
12-2 versus 10-3. We in the mix?Absolutely.

Got a nice win on the road vs. a pretty good SEC team in Georgia today.

It's a nice bounce-back.

luv
01-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Absolutely.

Got a nice win on the road vs. a pretty good SEC team in Georgia today.

It's a nice bounce-back.

The only game I've been able to actually catch was the Illinois game. I was a little worried. It was good to hear about the win today.

KcMizzou
01-04-2009, 01:42 AM
The only game I've been able to actually catch was the Illinois game. I was a little worried. It was good to hear about the win today.They didn't even look like the same team.

JT Tiller, Zaire Taylor, and Keith Ramsey won it for us.

(With a lot of help from DeMarre Carroll, as usual.)

luv
01-04-2009, 01:50 AM
They didn't even look like the same team.

JT Tiller, Zaire Taylor, and Keith Ramsey won it for us.

(With a lot of help from DeMarre Carroll, as usual.)

This is going to sound completely ignorant, so please forgive me. Which one is the big guy with the dreads.

KcMizzou
01-04-2009, 01:54 AM
This is going to sound completely ignorant, so please forgive me. Which one is the big guy with the dreads.DeMarre Carroll.

Plays his ass off... he's the head coach's nephew.

luv
01-04-2009, 01:55 AM
DeMarre Carroll.

Plays his ass off... he's the head coach's nephew.

Yep. That's the one. I was thinking his name was Carroll, but I wasn't sure. Isn't he a senior this year?

KcMizzou
01-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Yep. That's the one. I was thinking his name was Carroll, but I wasn't sure. Isn't he a senior this year?Yeah, he and Lyons. Lawrence too... so far Carroll's the only one stepping up, from what' I've seen.

But, it's early. It get's real in conference play.

luv
01-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah, he and Lyons. Lawrence too... so far Carroll's the only one stepping up, from what' I've seen.

But, it's early. It get real in conference play.

Yeah, I noticed that no one had played in conference play yet. When does that start? I know I could go look it up, but why do that when you already know? :D

Darth CarlSatan
01-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Yep, there is a big buzz in Columbia about the basketball team.

We're 8-1, should be 9-0, with wins over USC and Cal big, and we're ranked 28th receiving votes for the top 25.

We do look alot better. Lyons and Carrol are playing fantastic, and Paul,Denmon and English can all shoot it. Anderson has his type of players and depth to play his style of basketball now. But Demarre has really stepped his game up, he's improved his shooting and is healthy, and Lyons has kept on what he started in Big 12 play last year. It's exciting to see, and the true test will be against Illinois Tuesday night. If we win that game, we will be ranked and Mizzou fans will truly be excited then. Tuesday is a big day.

But, tonight we got Stetson at home, can't overlook them, and we haven't played in 7 days. We could look flat early on.

What up w/KU? Me hears not-so great things on the morning 810, yes?
They all sound dead as nails on that first show in the morning. As if life, somehow, were just not making sense.

Meh.

kstater
01-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I noticed that no one had played in conference play yet. When does that start? I know I could go look it up, but why do that when you already know? :D

Most will start in the 2nd week of January.

Pablo
01-04-2009, 08:22 AM
They all sound dead as nails on that first show in the morning. As if life, somehow, were just not making sense.

Meh.I'm not sure if you're trying to imply KU is having a bad season or not...

KChiefs1
01-04-2009, 11:43 AM

Meh.

I know they beat Tennessee yesterday...while I was watching future MU stud DL Sheldon Richardson tear it up in the Army AA All-Star game.

Darth CarlSatan
01-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure if you're trying to imply KU is having a bad season or not...

Since I can't find out from the local sports cast, I really couldn't make that call.

I do hear a lot of "They lost, BUT", and "this young team will eventually blah-blah-blah", etc.

Meh.

ROYC75
01-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Since I can't find out from the local sports cast, I really couldn't make that call.

I do hear a lot of "They lost, BUT", and "this young team will eventually blah-blah-blah", etc.

Meh.

They do have a young team that will take it's lumps along the away..... Syracuse, Mass, etc.

But they will learn from being well coached..... My best guess, a NC run next year if Collins and Aldrich stays around. If they don't, it will take 3 years to get back there.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2009, 03:44 PM
They do have a young team that will take it's lumps along the away..... Syracuse, Mass, etc.

But they will learn from being well coached..... My best guess, a NC run next year if Collins and Aldrich stays around. If they don't, it will take 3 years to get back there.

2010,2011 and 2012 will be another 3 year run where KU goes on a tourney run...

2008 is a meh year, probably a 32 or sweet 16 team if lucky?

2009 will be the big building block year... Probably a sweet 16 team...

luv
01-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. This is a Tigers basketball thread. Go start your own!

Reerun_KC
01-04-2009, 03:47 PM

NO WE dont have too.....:cuss:

luv
01-04-2009, 03:48 PM

Typical KU fan. Hijack a Tigers thread, then start cussing for no reason when someone calls you out on it.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Typical KU fan. Hijack a Tigers thread, then start cussing for no reason when someone calls you out on it.

Easy there tiger, I am just messing with you...

luv
01-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Easy there tiger, I am just messing with you...

I thought, for sure, you were going to come back and say you weren't cussing. I was prepared to comment on the smiley.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I thought, for sure, you were going to come back and say you weren't cussing. I was prepared to comment on the smiley.
No I was cussing at you... But in a friendly joking kind of way..

Skip Towne
01-04-2009, 03:52 PM

I can't follow your system of deciding whether to use "to" or "too". Looks pretty random to me.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I can't follow your system of deciding whether to use "to" or "too". Looks pretty random to me.

And I could give a rats ass what you follow two be honest... I think this computer stuff is too complicated for you to...

luv
01-04-2009, 03:58 PM
And I could give a rats ass what you follow two be honest... I think this computer stuff is too complicated for you to...

Careful. You used 'too' correctly in that sentence.

Skip Towne
01-04-2009, 04:00 PM

You must have gone to school up near Parsons, Ks with the rest of your inbred relatives. You're stoopid.

DJay23
01-04-2009, 04:00 PM

I believe it was a Tiger fan who asked about KU basketball in a Mizzou basketball thread.

luv
01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I believe it was a Tiger fan who asked about KU basketball in a Mizzou basketball thread.

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
You must have gone to school up near Parsons, Ks with the rest of your inbred relatives. You're stoopid.

ROFL

Probably so....

Bearcat
01-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Meh.

During the Tennessee game they sort of compared this year's Jayhawks team to 05-06's team (the first year with mostly Self's players), when they started 3-4 and went on to win the Big 12 tournament (and lose to Bradley in the big tournament). The difference is there were 6 players that had decent minutes in 04-05 that played a part in 05-06's team, while this year there are only 2 players that at least had decent minutes last year.

So, they're as young/younger and a less experienced version of that team... they'll lose a few they should win, win a few they should lose, will probably peak early and lose in the 2nd round of the tournament. They are fun to watch though....