PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Adam Shefter just reported on NFL Network

chief4life
12-21-2008, 08:33 AM
That Herm Edwards told his assistant coaches to begin looking for new jobs in 2009. He said that the assistant coaches have already been calling around the league for future jobs. Said what we already know that the new Gm is the fate of Herm Edwards job. But i think if he already apprised he coaches to look on that his job is pretty much over.

Sure-Oz
12-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Those guys should have plenty of time to get concession jobs next year at arrowhead im sure

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 08:35 AM
OH Yeah baby! This is almost over, I cant freaking wait until 2009!!! The only thing that could wreck my enthusiam is the hiring of Coward or Martha...

kstater
12-21-2008, 08:36 AM
OH Yeah baby! This is almost over, I cant freaking wait until 2009!!! The only thing that could wreck my enthusiam is the hiring of Coward or Martha...

2 more weeks. Only 2 more games.

boogblaster
12-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Bye Herm, you won't be missed ...

FringeNC
Gun won't get another DC job.

Reerun_KC
2 more weeks. Only 2 more games.

This could be the longest offseason I could ever remember, but the excitement of a new GM/HC and direction of the franchise will make everyday like Christmas!

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I am excited about the potential for this team's future for the first time in 20 years.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Aren't these guys under contract? Won't they get paid next year if they are fired? Or are assistant coaches on one-year contracts? I don't think that's the case,though.

Ultra Peanut
12-21-2008, 08:41 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1PDIBTS_xDQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1PDIBTS_xDQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Aren't these guys under contract? Won't they get paid next year if they are fired? Or are assistant coaches on one-year contracts? I don't think that's the case,though.

Yes, if they are under contract, they will get paid.

And I believe they are under contract, though I can't say that with any certainty.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 08:42 AM

Really doesnt matter if they get paid or not... The revenue will increase with the removal of Carl and Herm... So whats a few million to remove the headache and loser mentality of Herm?

chief4life
12-21-2008, 08:43 AM
ROFL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1PDIBTS_xDQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1PDIBTS_xDQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bwana
12-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Ba-bye clown show.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Really doesnt matter if they get paid or not... The revenue will increase with the removal of Carl and Herm... So whats a few million to remove the headache and loser mentality of Herm?

I mean from the point of view of the assistants. Given that they will most likely get paid, looking for new jobs already without the axe having fallen? Suggests that it is about 100% Herm is not coming back.

RedNeckRaider
12-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Ba-bye clown show.

I like most of you guys.......but it makes me unhappy to see you guys.....well this happy :)

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I mean from the point of view of the assistants. Given that they will most likely get paid, looking for new jobs already without the axe having fallen? Suggests that it is about 100% Herm is not coming back.

Gotcha....

This is the best Chirstmas I can ever remember... The offseason is going to be amazingly exciting!

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 08:50 AM
I like most of you guys.......but it makes me unhappy to see you guys.....well this happy :)

Kill Yourself? /Hamas

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:52 AM

I can respect that.

I hope Al lives forever.

:D

chief4life
12-21-2008, 08:55 AM
I second that :thumb:

I can respect that.

I hope Al lives forever.

:D

dirk digler
12-21-2008, 08:56 AM
The news keeps getting better and better. I can't wait until the off-season starts and hopefully my passion for this team will be renewed.

MTG#10
12-21-2008, 08:56 AM
I cant believe any of you actually read the OP with that signature under it.

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Last night my SIL said she hopes Herm stays "He seems like such a nice guy.".

I said I am sure he is and I wish nothing but the best for him - somewhere else.

Good bye Herm, go somewhere else and enjoy the millions the Hunts gave you.

Hoover
12-21-2008, 09:00 AM
This makes me think that today could be Herm's last game. Clark sends a clear message that the New GM will have a clean slate to start from.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 09:01 AM
This makes me think that today could be Herm's last game. Clark sends a clear message that the New GM will have a clean slate to start from.

Doesnt really matter if this one is the last one or not, Herm is a goner anyway...

But it wouldnt hurt my feeling if they removed him at halftime by a security team...

chief4life
12-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Thats the exact thing i was thinking too if so this is great day :)

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Thats the exact thing i was thinking too if so this is great day :)

That is some good Rep for you guys...

2nd best news of the season...

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 09:10 AM

After the firing of Carl, Clark's words suggested that we wanted the new GM to retain Herm. Perhaps Clark has had some informal talks with candidates in the last week, and realizes how that won't fly with the candidates....because in the last few days, it's become abundantly clear that Herm is gone.

Hoover
12-21-2008, 09:20 AM
I think Clark is a smart dude. Part of the attraction of KC would be to quickly put your stamp on this team right away, so Herm is a liability and I think Clark knows that.

If I was the owner and it was known that my HC was telling assistants to be looking for jobs with 2 games to go I'd fire the MoFo on Monday. It would be huge for this team to get its GM in place before the Super Bowl so he can get who he wants as HC. I can see us getting a new GM by the Divisional Playoff Games.

the Talking Can
12-21-2008, 09:23 AM

it really is Christmas

Old Dog
12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Maybe it's just that Herm is letting them all know that he's gonna make sure to throw them under the bus to try to save his own ass.

Extra Point
12-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Maybe it's just that Herm is letting them all know that he's gonna make sure to throw them under the bus to try to save his own ass.:spock:

EyePod
12-21-2008, 09:32 AM
This is amazing. But do you think Herm's ready to clear house so he can stay? I hope not...

Stryker
12-21-2008, 09:42 AM
The news keeps getting better and better. I can't wait until the off-season starts and hopefully my passion for this team will be renewed.

Amen! The potential for this organization is overwhelming. I just pray that smart decisions are made in the hiring of a new GM and future HC. I would love to see everything in place and settled in before going into the draft.

Just when you thought it sucked to be a Chiefs fan...:rockon:

Lonewolf Ed
12-21-2008, 09:51 AM

I hope he does, preferably in the AFC West.

yeti
12-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I hope he does, preferably in the AFC West.

denver's defense needs some shoring up

Extra Point
12-21-2008, 10:01 AM
This story seems like bullshit. Why would an assistant leak to the press that his job is toast? Herm is behind this, if anybody. Maybe a few are seeing the light in the tunnel, and know it's a bus, that Herm will throw them under?

Bwana
12-21-2008, 10:07 AM

ROFL

Merry Christmas to you too RNR.

RINGLEADER
12-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes, if they are under contract, they will get paid.

And I believe they are under contract, though I can't say that with any certainty.

Best investment Clark could make.

I want Cowher.

Extra Point
12-21-2008, 10:09 AM

I want Cowher.

Me, too.

RINGLEADER
12-21-2008, 10:12 AM
And I do believe this story because Herm strikes me as the type who would piss and moan if he didn't get to keep his guys/coordinators. He's already said he intended to bring Gunther back which is reason enough for his dismissal IMO. I gave the guy a lot of latitude to rebuild the team (and agree with that strategy) but when he said that he lost me completely.

I hope they keep Chan Gailey. He's been the only positive this season as far as the coaching staff is concerned.

Micjones
12-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Those guys should have plenty of time to get concession jobs next year at arrowhead im sure

Why? So the team AND the hotdogs will be bad next year?

ZootedGranny
12-21-2008, 10:15 AM
That Herm Edwards told his assistant coaches to begin looking for new jobs in 2009. He said that the assistant coaches have already been calling around the league for future jobs. Said what we already know that the new Gm is the fate of Herm Edwards job. But i think if he already apprised he coaches to look on that his job is pretty much over.

http://www2.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/gen/img/apr05/tw410.jpg

DT58HOF
12-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Gun won't get another DC job. he could become KC Wolf, nahhhhh scrap that idea, he can be some other dumb mascot

milkman
12-21-2008, 10:21 AM

I want Cowher.

I get why people are fans of Cowher, but I'm not, and I hope we bring in someone with a fresh new approach.

I'm firmly entrenched on the Jim Swartz bandwagon.

DT58HOF
12-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I heard Herm will be fired after todays game and will be named head coach of the KC Arena Team or The KC Penguins hockey team , he has his pick!!

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I get why people are fans of Cowher, but I'm not, and I hope we bring in someone with a fresh new approach.

I think cowher's a tough guy to pass up. When I look at recent NFL history, while new coaches bring a lot of excitement, few have taken them to the promised land. Guys like Del Rio that showed so much promise are not getting the job done. Meanwhile, Bellichick continues to dominate, retreads like Coughlin and Holmgren are getting their teams there, and guys like Cowher and Dungy and Andy Reid make it after years of patience with the same coach.

The other trend is the "honeymoon" trend. New, fresh coaches come in, light the world on fire with a huge first season, then fizzle their second year. Herm, Mangini, Payton, Norv... I bet that either or all of Mike Smith and Spagnulo or Harbaugh see the same fate.

I want a new fresh approach too, but Cowher would be too good to pass up, it seems.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I have a feeling we're getting Pioli, so that means we won't.

JuicesFlowing
12-21-2008, 10:33 AM
This could be the longest offseason I could ever remember, but the excitement of a new GM/HC and direction of the franchise will make everyday like Christmas!

Couldn't have said it better.

DeezNutz
12-21-2008, 10:38 AM

I'll say one thing, at least a Cowher coached team would play defense. Don't know if he's the best answer, but he's 10x the coach compared to what we've seen here of late.

I wish the Titans would have continued their collapse a few years back. Jeff Fisher sure would have made a nice addition...

milkman
12-21-2008, 10:39 AM
I think cowher's a tough guy to pass up. When I look at recent NFL history, while new coaches bring a lot of excitement, few have taken them to the promised land. Guys like Del Rio that showed so much promise are not getting the job done.

Meanwhile, Bellichick continues to dominate, retreads like Coughlin and Holmgren are getting their teams there, and guys like Cowher and Dungy make it after years of patience with the same coach.

I want a new fresh approach too, but Cowher would be too good to pass up, it seems.

I might be able to get behind the idea of bringing in Cowher if Carl were still here, though it wouldn't excite me.

But we are going to bring in a new GM, and very likely a guy who has no experience at the job.

With that, I'd rather hire someone else fresh, let them form a working bond and work as a team.

We get fresh new ideas, a fresh new approach.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

But it's time this franchise goes out on a limb and takes a chance.

I'm sick of doing the same thing, over and over, and over again.

And Cowher is the same old thing.

tomahawk kid
12-21-2008, 10:41 AM

This.

RINGLEADER
12-21-2008, 10:43 AM

He's a winner and say what you want he typically fielded a good-great defense. That's what we need -- a winner. Not a Norv Turner type who hasn't won anything as a head coach. We need someone that the players will believe in, buy into, and learn from.

Just my opinion.

And there are several coaches that would fit the bill -- I just happen to like Cowher and his style. No doubt he'd get more from these players.

nychief
12-21-2008, 10:47 AM
SPAGNUOLO

unothadeal
12-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Bless you.

Skip Towne
12-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Cowher would be OK by me. I just don't want one of those unproven n00bs. That is just hoping to hit a one-in twenty shot if the odds are even that good. I'm tired of being the league punching bag. I miss Monday Night games and going to the playoffs (even if we don't win.) That shot in the dark shit can go on for years and years.

Buehler445
12-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I might be able to get behind the idea of bringing in Cowher if Carl were still here, though it wouldn't excite me.

But we are going to bring in a new GM, and very likely a guy who has no experience at the job.

With that, I'd rather hire someone else fresh, let them form a working bond and work as a team.

We get fresh new ideas, a fresh new approach.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

But it's time this franchise goes out on a limb and takes a chance.

I'm sick of doing the same thing, over and over, and over again.

And Cowher is the same old thing.

Agreed. It's not like we don't suck already.

Mr. Plow
12-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I've found something that expresses EXACTLY how I feel....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kfHxoUDBQ4w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kfHxoUDBQ4w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cosmos
12-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Head coaches are less important than GM'S (Pioli) and coordinators.

Cower would basically set the tone.

It's about personel.... and it's about coaching/scheme.

Focus on GM and coordinators because they will have a bigger impact than who the coach is when it comes to actual results.

Dylan
12-21-2008, 11:17 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ah, ROFLROFL

and I just got through the first jpage... LMAO

cabletech94
12-21-2008, 12:04 PM
chief4life, I love your vids.
I actually can't stop watching them.
I don't think I'm going to get anything accomplished today.
Thank you very much!!!!

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Cowher would be OK by me. I just don't want one of those unproven n00bs. That is just hoping to hit a one-in twenty shot if the odds are even that good. I'm tired of being the league punching bag. I miss Monday Night games and going to the playoffs (even if we don't win.) That shot in the dark shit can go on for years and years.

Just as I dont want to yesterdays HC that dreams of 9-7 year in and out...

I would rather shed the darkness of Carl and Marthas coaching bush and go out, actually "think outside of the box" and stop living in fear of letting go of mediocrity...

CoMoChief
12-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Gailey should stay IMO. Hes made chicken salad out of chicken shit

PastorMikH
12-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Gailey should stay IMO. Hes made chicken salad out of chicken it

Only if the new GM and HC want him back.

bowener
12-21-2008, 01:41 PM
chief4life,

I have missed over half of the game due to starring at your damn GIF's. Especially the gorgeous set of twins on the right, those lovlies require a quadruple-take.

Thank you,
bowener

MahiMike
12-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry, did u say something? I'm still looking at your signature. Wow!

cabletech94
12-21-2008, 02:27 PM
chief4life,

I have missed over half of the game due to starring at your damn GIF's. Especially the gorgeous set of twins on the right, those lovlies require a quadruple-take.

Thank you,
bowener

Yea, I just now heard the chefs lost. Bummer. At least I was looking at a winner. Where can I get some of those?

whoman69
12-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Gailey should stay IMO. Hes made chicken salad out of chicken shit

They need to blow up the whole staff. You can say Gailey did a good job, but the offense has dissappeared in the 2nd half of almost every game. Nobody should be back from this embarrassment.

MikeMaslowski
12-21-2008, 02:38 PM

What? His role as Designated Cusser underneath herm is well documented and carries a big reputation. He will be the Miami (Ohio) DC before we know it.