PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are you allowing yourself to believe Herm is really done?

CupidStunt
12-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I feel like I did when the Raiders were on the clock and it was Dorsey or McFadden. I kept telling myself that there's no way even these idiots can pass on Dorsey. Surely? How?

All the rumors suggest Herm is going to get the axe. All the logic says Herm deserves the axe and the new GM will agree. But I still find myself saying, "It's not gonna happen; it's just too good to be true. Don't even think about it until it happens."

It's like ... Christmas. Hey, it is Christmas! Boy, wouldn't it be a treat if the season ended tomorrow and we could all get the best present evahhh!!1!?

the Talking Can
12-21-2008, 10:26 AM
not yet....i'm trying to suppress my hope...

Buehler445
12-21-2008, 10:26 AM
No, I fully expect for Squirmin to be back in '09, even though it is obvious he will half ass it and be a lame duck. God hates me.

DaFace
12-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I think he'll be gone, but I'm certainly not getting all excited about it yet. If he's back, I won't be surprised.

Extra Point
12-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I fully expect not to be a Chiefs fan if Herm coaches next season.

Old Dog
12-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I was a fan before that POS got here, and I'll be a fan long after he's gone.

Baconeater
12-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Do I believe he's done? Yes. Am I celebrating yet? No.

el borracho
12-21-2008, 11:05 AM
I can't see any logical reason to retain Herm in 2009 but, then again, I couldn't see any logical reason to retain him for this season. I won't let myself get too happy about it until it is official. In fact, I have already started consoling myself in the event Herm comes back by rationalizing that we probably won't get Stafford in 2009 so Herm might be our best chance at another top 3 pick in 2010.

Bwana
12-21-2008, 11:16 AM
I have my hopes up, yes.

Micjones
12-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I'd be utterly shocked if he coached this football team next season.

eazyb81
12-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I have no doubt he'll be gone. Once Clark had the balls to finally can Carl, it's not going to be difficult at all to get rid of Herm.

It's okay to celebrate guys. The Peterson Depression is finally over.

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2008, 11:22 AM
No. He is way too lucky.

Mr. Laz
12-21-2008, 11:46 AM
a little bit

hoping i don't get crushed again :(

DeezNutz
12-21-2008, 11:47 AM
He's gone. No worries.

nychief
12-21-2008, 11:51 AM
dead duck. Enjoy the motivational speaker tour Hermy.

Spicy McHaggis
12-21-2008, 11:55 AM
No. As a Chiefs fan my logical mind constantly batters down any semblance of hope about this franchise my soul can muster.

SNR
12-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I know what you mean, lj. This team has screwed us over many times in the past with matters like this. They can surely find a way to do it again.

For instance, let's say Bill Kuharich stages a coup and among his demands are that Herm stays so he can fulfill his pipe dream of being the reason for success all along in this process, and that Carl had nothing to do with it. In the process, negotiations with free agents and other players are kind of messy because the situation looks bad. Clark sees no hope and hangs himself from the old scoreboard in Arrowhead. The Chiefs are disbanded.

I mean, that could happen still.

Over-Head
12-21-2008, 04:28 PM
I fully expect not to be a Chiefs fan if Herm coaches next season.:eek:
You know this post could come back and haunt you right? :evil:

blueballs
12-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Even if he becomes Teflon Edwards
the coaches under him will feel the wheels
of a loaded Greyhound on their backs

tmax63
12-21-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm not a strong HE fan but I can see flushing everyone except HE, Gailey and a couple of other coaches for continuity. The team still plays hard for Herm, just not well. And he has presided over a couple other best drafts the Chiefs have had in the last 10 years.

kc rush
12-21-2008, 04:47 PM
hoping and dreaming that he is gone, but won't count on it until there is official confirmation.

Bowser
12-21-2008, 04:48 PM
No way that a new GM coming to a team wants to retain a coach that simply doesn't know how to win games. No way.

tmax63
12-21-2008, 04:51 PM
That may be true as well. Alot hinges on who the Chiefs pick for GM and how loose CH holds the reins.

ClevelandBronco
12-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I will not allow myself to believe that Herm is done.

I'm begging for one more season.

Darth CarlSatan
12-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Jack's little birdie says "Pioli".

Print It!

beach tribe
12-21-2008, 05:21 PM
It will truly be a moment to treasure.

WilliamTheIrish
12-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Herm is stapped to the table. The tourniquet mark is still visible from where the indwelling antecubital catheter was placed. The physician is washing his hands. The State's assistants have loaded the syringes. Herm's looking around at the fans and wondering "Why did it have to come to this? I could have remained a marginal coordinator for any NFL team. Gawddamm that Bradway for doing this".

Herm begins to beg as he's racing through the five stages. The phone is hanging on the wall. But time is running out. The physician is drying his hands and trying not to look into the eyes of the man who oversaw the homicide of the entire Chiefs franchise. Herm, sweating profusely now, screams out at his detractors: "It was Gunther's fault!!! I gave him total control!!! Can't you see that? He's been here for 5 years! On his second tour of duty and it was HIM!!!

The phone, silent, hangs in the corner, it's cord twisted and knotted over itself like Herm's brain during a 4th quarter two minute drive with the game on the line. As Herm begins to hallucinate he screams: "What's the score, Dick? Do we have any TO's? Dick? Dick!!!! ANSWER ME YOU BASTARD!!!!. CAN WE KICK THE FIELD GOAL???? ANSWER ME YOU SILVER HAIRED WHITE DEVIL"!!!!!!

But Dick Curl is already dead. He was torn apart at One Arrowhead Dr. after the latest loss to the Dolphins. Herm was lucky. He was able to make it to his car disguising himself as a Chiefs Defense because nobody can ever find those mother ****ers.

And the physician is heading towards Herm now. Herm's mind is racing. "Ring, goddammit phone, RING"!!!
But there will be no stay of execution for Herm. Herm clenches his jaw as the physician hooks up the syringes.

"Any last words"? comes the voice of Clark.

Herm begins to mumble...then screams out with all his might as he takes his last breath: THE J-E-T-S STILL S-U-C-K !!screams Herm. Clark, turning slowly towards the physician, nods and walks away. The power injector pressurizes and The Herm Era ends. There was thrash here and there. But then a monitor gives off the droning sound that means....... It's over. Flat line.

And the healing of millions begins.

Chief77
12-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Hopefully whomever the new Gm is, he will be able to come up with a HC candidate good enough to convince CH that canning Herm now is better than waiting another year. Besides, what legitimate GM is going to come into a situation were he truly has no say in who his head coach is? I think Clark was just covering his bases when he said the final decision is his.

KCChiefsFan88
12-21-2008, 05:28 PM
It is simple logic...

We know the next GM is coming from outside of the Chiefs organization, so unless it is Bradway (highly unlikely), what other potential GM would want to keep Herm based on the fact the Chiefs have lost 22 of the their last 24 games with him as head coach???

Darth CarlSatan
12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
The Only Four Letters Of Reality that you, as a Chiefs fan, need to know:

GONE.

ping2000
12-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Herm and Gun only look dead. We have to keep stabbing the bodies until we are sure. It's like the Friday the 13th movies. Keep stabbing.

Baby Lee
12-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Pioli is named GM and enthusiastically backs Herm, heads across Chiefs nation spontaneously explode. ROFL ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
12-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Herm and Gun only look dead. We have to keep stabbing the bodies until we are sure. It's like the Friday the 13th movies. Keep stabbing.

ROFLROFLROFL

Ultra-Violence REP!

MikeMaslowski
12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Thinking about Herm leaving is like premature ejaculation.... It's fun for the moment but dissapointing in the long term.

Unfortunately we are probably the disgruntled girlfriend.