PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Draft question......

CoMoChief
12-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Lets say you're supposed to be the top overall player coming into the NFL draft, every mock has you as the #1 pick. Theres no doubt that you are going to be the top overall pick yadda yadda yadda etc.

But lets say you don't declare for the draft. You have no plans on entering the draft, the NFL isn't in your future as of now and you would rather do something like open up your own business, be your own boss etc.

Well lets say that doesn't work out for you after a couple years so you want to play football again. Lets say youre a huge Chiefs fan, grew up in the area, been a fan all your life, and you would want nothing more than to play for your hometown team, the Chiefs. So you get a rep/agent and your rep sends a letter to the Chiefs saying your available (lets also say you've been working out keeping up in great shape etc) and would like to have a tryout and the position you play they are desperate in need of.

Lets say you just would play for league min for first couple years til you've proven yourself before getting that big contract etc.

I guess my question is, is there a loop hole in the NFL that would allow this to happen, lets say if someone who really wanted to play for their hometown team would do something like this just to play for them? Would it be any different than just picking somebody off of the street? Or replacement players in a striked season etc?

Or do you have to declare for the draft no matter what and whoever had the first pick would have the rights to try and pick you?

the Talking Can
12-21-2008, 12:24 PM
let's say a yak steps on your taint while you're picking up a quarter in the subway

unothadeal
12-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't know. I hope that answers your question.

milkman
12-21-2008, 12:28 PM
I know after the first year of draft eligibility, if you don't sign, you go back into the draft pool in the second year.

I don't know how many times that you do go back into the draft pool, though.

CoMoChief
12-21-2008, 12:28 PM
let's say a yak steps on your taint while you're picking up a quarter in the subway

I would only hope it would be the person in your avatar. that bitch is fuckin smokin hot.

ChiefGator
12-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Pretty sure you have to register for a draft. Either the usual or the supplemental.

bowener
12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Are you trying to tell us something CoMoChief? Were you a top ranked talent a few years ago.......?