PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thigpen, a new GM and Herm

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 01:45 PM
It's not obvious a new GM will think we need a new QB.....and only after herm is done does he allow thigpen to loosen up the D throwing downfield. **** Herm

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Who cares, I want a coach and GM that can build a championship team...

King_Chief_Fan
12-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Who cares, I want a coach and GM that can build a championship team...

exactly

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Today shows we herm has to go. Putting leashes on the offense (until today)

Chief77
12-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Neither team is getting much of a pass rush today.

doomy3
12-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Today shows we herm has to go. Putting leashes on the offense (until today)

Are you kidding me?

OK, I agree Herm has to go, but you realistically believe that our offense has been held back before today?

Have you noticed that we are running a SPREAD offense for most of the season?

This place. Seriously.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 01:57 PM
If you think any GM is going to want to build a team around the spread and a QB that doesn't play under shotgun, I got some bad news.

evolve27
12-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Thigpen is our future....RUNNING BACK

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Are you kidding me?

OK, I agree Herm has to go, but you realistically believe that our offense has been held back before today?

This place. Seriously.

Abso-fuckin-lutely. Herm was all about killing clock instead of scoring. How is this even debatable

Chief77
12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Tyler makes up for his lack of accuracy with his superb scrambling ability. He is showing something today. Not sure about next year, but got give the guy his due.

doomy3
12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Abso-****in-lutely. Herm was all about killing clock instead of scoring. How is this even debatable

We've hardly run the ball at all this year. In fact, if anything, that has been our biggest problem. Your belief that Herm is just now opening up the playbook today is hilarious.

doomy3
12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
If you think any GM is going to want to build a team around the spread and a QB that doesn't play under shotgun, I got some bad news.

Well, to be fair, Pioli may want to do just that.

It is pretty similar to the offense they run in New England.

patteeu
12-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Are you kidding me?

This place. Seriously.

Really.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 02:07 PM
We've hardly run the ball at all this year. In fact, if anything, that has been our biggest problem. Your belief that Herm is just now opening up the playbook today is hilarious.

WTF? We've taken more downfield shots today than the rest of the seaso. Co boned. Do watch the games?

doomy3
12-21-2008, 02:07 PM
WTF? We've taken more downfield shots today than the rest of the seaso. Co boned. Do watch the games?

What the hell are you trying to say?

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 02:10 PM
What the hell are you trying to say?

ROFL

Mecca
12-21-2008, 02:11 PM
People are enamored with Thigpen the way people were enamored with Vick cause he moves around.....how'd that turn out?

KcMizzou
12-21-2008, 02:12 PM
We are so co-boned.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=doomy3;5316252]What the hell are you trying to

Ipone at bar. Has a mind of it's own. Sorry

doomy3
12-21-2008, 02:13 PM
We are so co-boned.

ROFL

PastorMikH
12-21-2008, 02:14 PM
People are enamored with Thigpen the way people were enamored with Vick cause he moves around.....how'd that turn out?

With me it isn't that he moves around, but rather for the first time since DV's last year, I feel we have a QB that can stay healthy and give us a chance to win. I didn't feel Huard could consistently win and I don't feel Croyle will stay healthy. Thigpen isn't perfect, but at least we aren't losing soley because of the O now.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2008, 02:16 PM

Heres what i now think about him:

With a better defense and a better coaching support system around him, i think Thiggy could be a winner and lead a playoff team.

But can he be a playoff winning QB??? Im not sold on that.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 02:17 PM
With me it isn't that he moves around, but rather for the first time since DV's last year, I feel we have a QB that can stay healthy and give us a chance to win. I didn't feel Huard could consistently win and I don't feel Croyle will stay healthy. Thigpen isn't perfect, but at least we aren't losing soley because of the O now.

Well a new GM and HC will decide whats best for the team and I CANT WAIT!

I havent been this excited about an offseason in years....

Mecca
If he keeps running around and they call things like QB draws he won't stay healthy, you run around enough as a QB in the NFL you will get your block knocked off.

Reerun_KC
If he keeps running around and they call things like QB draws he won't stay healthy, you run around enough as a QB in the NFL you will get your block knocked off.

Its happened many times before...

PastorMikH
12-21-2008, 02:23 PM

True, but he shows heart and a competitive desire. If the new staff can bring in a QB coach who can actually help him with his mechanics, he might get to the point he doesn't throw high off his back foot when dropping back from center.

Think of what he might be able to do with accurate passes from under center.

Add in, standing in the pocket didn't to the other two starting QBs we had this season much good did it?

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 02:27 PM
True, but he shows heart and a competitive desire. If the new staff can bring in a QB coach who can actually help him with his mechanics, he might get to the point he doesn't throw high off his back foot when dropping back from center.

Think of what he might be able to do with accurate passes from under center.

Add in, standing in the pocket didn't to the other two starting QBs we had this season much good did it?

Agree Mike, but the odds if you scrambling alot, usually means you will be scrambled... Its just a matter of time before someone lays the kill shot...

PastorMikH
12-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Agree Mike, but the odds if you scrambling alot, usually means you will be scrambled... Its just a matter of time before someone lays the kill shot...

I agree, unless you are behind the OL we've put on the field for the last 3 years.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 02:34 PM
I agree, unless you are behind the OL we've put on the field for the last 3 years.

Well you got me there!

:shrug:

whoman69
12-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I think Thigpen has shown that he can come in and do an adequate job in a backup role. He hasn't shown that he can take a standard offense and line up under center. He just doesn't have the vision in a drop back.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2008, 03:50 PM
If you don't have a franchise QB, you don't pass on one.

What has Thigpen done to assert that he is a franchise QB?

Coach
12-21-2008, 04:01 PM

I'm okay with Stafford, but if Stafford is gone, then I would not even come close touching Bradford. I fear that he is the product of the system in Oklahoma, such as Hupel and Jason White.

Also, while he has not assert that he is a franchise QB, he has asserted to us that he is worlds better than Brokie Croyle and Damon Huard, and that's saying alot, IMHO.

He shouldn't be handed the starting QB job in 09, however, he has EARNED the right to compete for the job in 09 with either Stafford, or a FA Vet.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 04:05 PM

To what do you attribute getting 500 yards against Miami? Think they have given up that amount at any point during the year?

orange
12-21-2008, 04:36 PM
To what do you attribute getting 500 yards against Miami? Think they have given up that amount at any point during the year?

It was colder than hell and they weren't ready to play.

What happened in the second half?