PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This defense...

bobbything
12-21-2008, 03:03 PM
...is worse than anything Vermiel ever threw out there.

The Bad Guy
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
They are beyond words bad.

The defensive ends are backups on any other team. The linebackers are horrible (DJ belongs on the weak side). Boiman is waiver material.

Glenn Dorsey better dedicate himself to the weight room.

Getting new coaches and a defensive end worth a shit will help tremendously.

These defensive coaches are all losers.

bowener
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Meh, at least they still have their primes to look forward to instead of waving bye-bye to them as they feebly end their careers with the Chiefs.

doomy3
12-21-2008, 03:08 PM
I agree. It's terrible.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 03:10 PM
I never thought it would get worse than GROBS D. Herm has taken this D, along with his right hand man in Gun, to depths I never thought was possible...

Rausch
12-21-2008, 03:10 PM
These defensive coaches are all losers.

Still hitting the HB high and still throwing shoulders instead of wrapping up...

bishop_74
12-21-2008, 03:16 PM
You remember when our defense was the laughing stock of the NFL under Vermiel? Well we are worse now. Gotta love it.

milkman
12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
All Cunther needs is a little more time and his players.

the Talking Can
12-21-2008, 03:28 PM
but the good thing is that Herm isn't responsible for it..or anything else

cabletech94
12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Jason Babin needs to be retaught that you wrap up the legs. Not swipe and then look up like you're about to be T-bagged. This is beyond wow.

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Herm just needs more time.

2bikemike
12-21-2008, 03:32 PM
...is worse than anything Vermiel ever threw out there.

I think its the cover two thats killing us. I wonder how Gun feels about the cover two. I know Herm's in love with it.

beach tribe
12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I just cannot wait to hear that Herm is fired.

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I just cannot wait to hear that Herm is fired.

Pussy should resign.

He doesn't deserve that extra $3 mil...

Dave Lane
12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Pussy should resign.

He doesn't deserve that extra $3 mil...

Amen He should rebate back his last 3 years salary if he was any kind of a man..

Halfcan
12-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Dorsey looks like a Bust of Simms proportions today.

What a liitle bitch.

KCUnited
12-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Dorsey looks like a Bust of Simms proportions today.

What a liitle bitch.

Definitely way too early to call him a bust, but he did tie Tyler Thigpen in total tackles made today, which doesn't look good for either one.

JuicesFlowing
Defensive-minded coach. Strength= offense. Hmm .........

FringeNC
Gun deserves every bit as much if not more scorn than Herm Edwards. Fuck Gunther Cunningham. It's one thing to be arrogant. It's another thing to be arrogant yet fucking totally incompetent like Herm and Gun.

Chief77
12-21-2008, 05:30 PM
This team is worse than anything that Vermiel threw out there.

Bowser
12-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I wonder if Tim Krumrie still does his maniac screaming act?

Chief77
12-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Its kind of like Brian Billick being an offensive guru, but his Ravens teams were awesome defense and mediocre on offense. Herm isn't even near the coach that Billick was either.

picasso
12-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I think its the cover two thats killing us. I wonder how Gun feels about the cover two. I know Herm's in love with it.

Agreed!!!!!!
We hold on first and second and then boom automatic that we go into cover 2 on the 3rd and they get the first down. EVERY F"in time!!!

whoman69
12-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Cover 2 is also one of the reasons we have so few sacks. Our front 4 is not that good at pass rush, and cover 2 is not a good defense for blitzing.

lazepoo
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Our D deserves a lot more scorn... they're lucky that the lions are so awful and they take most of the cellar dweller coverage.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM
I really don't think the defense is that far away.

Pollard and Page have started to look pretty damn good the last few weeks. They still have some breakdowns, but when there's no pass rush, that's going to happen. Additionally, the Cover 2 scheme just isn't right for those guys.

Our CBs are going to be very very good.

The Dorsey/Tyler combo isn't that bad, but opposing teams are doubling down on them and it's damn hard to break a double team in the interior line when there's really no place to go.

The LBs are horribly suited to play cover-2. None of them have the coverage skills to play MLB in this scheme, but both Williams and DJ have the ability to play sideline to sideline and make plays.

Next season needs just a few things, IMO.

1) First and foremost, get rid of the cover-2. Put the coverage responsibilities on our corners, guys that are actually good cover men. Put Page out there as a ball-hawk at FS (he has great ball skills and covers a ton of ground). Put Pollard as your traditional SS, let him clean up the occasional mess and blow some guys apart in run support. He's a guy that can absolutely play ball if he's not being asked to do so much in coverage.

2) Get a MLB that can get out there and hit people. I want a hitter and a firey leader.

3) For the love of all things sacred, get a RDE. We are no worse at 3 of 4 positions on our Dline this season than we were last season, arguably better. Yet last year, because of Allen, we were top 10 in the league in sacks. We got good pressure on the QB. Get a disrupter at RDE and suddenly the interior line isn't getting double teamed and can push the pocket some. Allen made all that difference, even when he wasn't beating the double team, he was drawing it and allowing other guys to make some moves. We need an end that can take up 2 guys on the line.

We have some tools, we have some ability. We have a couple of glaring weaknesses and an incredibly stupid scheme that isn't using our guys correctly. I really don't think we're far away from being a top 10 defense, maybe even as soon as next season.

Molitoth
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Notice that midfield is open at all times. The Cover2 is outdated.

xbarretx
12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
The Dorsey/Tyler combo isn't that bad, but opposing teams are doubling down on them and it's damn hard to break a double team in the interior line when there's really no place to go.

i agree, there's no reason our ends shouldn't be able to beat man on man given that Tank and Dorsey are ALWAYS snatching the double teams..... if we get a sock em in the mouth LB and DE.... and yes either scrap the cover 2 or fucking get the players for it.. i think we can have a pretty good D.

xbarretx
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Notice that midfield is open at all times. The Cover2 is outdated.

that's b/c Herm fears all areas in between the hash marks.... he tells his D that its haunted so no one ever goes near it.