12-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Thank you Brett Favre!

Infidel Goat
12-21-2008, 05:48 PM
you're fast, Banyon...

cdcox
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
So the Seahawks don't matter after all?

Not after they won their 4th game today.

RINGLEADER
12-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Not after they won their 4th game today.

Ah...there's that of course...

Mecca
12-21-2008, 05:54 PM
If only the Rams hadn't fucked up.

blueballs
12-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Seachickens FTW

DeezNutz
12-21-2008, 05:55 PM
And people say Herm hasn't shown improvement!

Bowser
12-21-2008, 05:57 PM
And people say Herm hasn't shown improvement!

Detroit just wanted it more than we did, plain and simple.

Alphaman
12-21-2008, 06:04 PM
It's official. With Cincy, Oakland and Seattle all winning today, the Chiefs will draft no lower than 3rd. With the Lions losing, they will draft no higher than 2nd. I think the Rams SOS will be lower than ours so we'll draft 3rd in the first round, but 2nd in the 2nd round. They will continue to alternate between 2nd and 3rd in each round.

If Bradford and Stafford both come out, one will be there for us as I think the Rams will take an OT. If only one of them comes out, we are in very good position to trade down because someone will want to get Oher.

the Talking Can
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM
this is good news!

Infidel Goat
12-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Oher's position has fallen considerably.

Nobody trades up that far for him as of today...

aturnis
12-21-2008, 06:09 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Doesn't have Oher going until 16, or Bradford until 9. I don't necessarily agree we'd take Curry at #3.

evolve27
12-21-2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Doesn't have Oher going until 16, or Bradford until 9. I don't necessarily agree we'd take Curry at #3.

I saw Curry get ran past and thrown over against Navy. He isn't worth top 5 IMO after what I saw according to some scouts. Give me a once in a lifetime D. Thomas impact player then I'll believe without hesitation.

MikeMaslowski

ROFL

aturnis
Hwhat about the Bungles?

Der Flöprer
12-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Hwhat about the Bungles?

With their tie against Philly, even if we beat them we both have 3 wins but we have 13 losses, and Cincy will only have 12 losses. They'll be a half game ahead of us.

aturnis
12-21-2008, 06:14 PM
alrighty then...go team.

cdcox
12-21-2008, 06:14 PM
If KC and St. Louis both end up with the same record, we are still mathematically alive for the SOS tiebreaker. If Denver had won, we would be eliminated from winning that tiebreaker. This is probably more information than most fans need.

Edit:not quite true - we would have had a trace chance at winning that tiebreaker had Denver won.

milkman
12-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Repost.

And it's obvious that you didn't even look to see if it had already been posted.

Rain Man
12-21-2008, 06:15 PM
It's very exciting to see who the new coach and GM will select. The rebuilding is about to begin.

Alphaman
12-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Oher's position has fallen considerably.

Nobody trades up that far for him as of today...

The teams drafting right behind us (Seattle, Cincy, Oakland) all need an OT. Someone will trade up for the 2nd best OT in the draft. Crabtree could also be a target in a trade up scenario.

Alphaman
12-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Repost.

And it's obvious that you didn't even look to see if it had already been posted.

1) No I didn't look to see it had already been posted. My apologies. Sorry I offended you. I saw the post after I had already posted this.

2) The other post was incorrect. It states we are 2 through 4. We are 2 or 3 period.

Hydrae
12-21-2008, 06:21 PM
With their tie against Philly, even if we beat them we both have 3 wins but we have 13 losses, and Cincy will only have 12 losses. They'll be a half game ahead of us.

So does that mean we can legitimately root for the win this next week without getting yelled at by the draft pickians?

Rain Man
Man. Detroit lost their home games by an average of 22 points each. Maybe they should get both the first and the second picks.

Mecca
I saw Curry get ran past and thrown over against Navy. He isn't worth top 5 IMO after what I saw according to some scouts. Give me a once in a lifetime D. Thomas impact player then I'll believe without hesitation.

Eazyb is going to show up and kill you now.

cdcox
12-21-2008, 06:23 PM
So does that mean we can legitimately root for the win this next week without getting yelled at by the draft pickians?

No. Our best chance for the 2nd pick is to lose to Cinci with St. Louis winning.

milkman
12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
2) The other post was incorrect. It states we are 2 through 4. We are 2 or 3 period.

Not that thread.

This one

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198892

Mecca

No we still need to lose that game.

BigMeatballDave
Fucking shitty-ass Rams.

cdcox
1) No I didn't look to see it had already been posted. My apologies. Sorry I offended you. I saw the post after I had already posted this.

Ultra Peanut
12-21-2008, 06:25 PM
It's very exciting to see who the new coach and GM will select. The rebuilding is about to begin.This is not a bad situation for a new GM and coach to enter, terrible defense aside.

Infidel Goat
12-21-2008, 06:26 PM
If KC and St. Louis both end up with the same record, we are still mathematically alive for the SOS tiebreaker. This is probably more information than most fans need.

Some of us need MORE information.

If both KC and St. Louis lose, what else do we need to happen to get the second pick? Inquiring minds want to know.

Tribal Warfare
BTW, I really see the Lions making a play for Cassell or Leinart(trade) due to the multitude of holes on that team.

Alphaman
Not that thread.

This one

Again my apologies.

Rain Man
12-21-2008, 06:27 PM

ROFL

If you don't lose, it's not rebuilding.

milkman
12-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Again my apologies.

Don't mind me, I just get my panties in a bunch sometimes.

Rain Man
12-21-2008, 06:31 PM
This is not a bad situation for a new GM and coach to enter, terrible defense aside.

I would think that it's a great situation to enter. There's more talent on this team than a 2-13 record would indicate. A good coach can turn it around pretty fast, and hopefully a good GM will be better at managing the negotiations.

Fruit Ninja
12-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Assuming Stafford goes to the Lions, which should happen, then again this is detroit. Who do the Chiefs draft with their 3rd pick?

kstater
12-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Assuming Stafford goes to the Lions, which should happen, then again this is detroit. Who do the Chiefs draft with their 3rd pick?

I think the choice is clear. Josh Freeman.

CupidStunt
12-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Rams aren't sniffing a win in Atlanta, so might as well look in to the details of KC-vs.-STL tie-breakers and start praying that Herm's shitty defense has one more embarrassing showing left in it.

Warrior5
12-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Man. Detroit lost their home games by an average of 22 points each. Maybe they should get both the first and the second picks.

ROFL

cdcox
12-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Some of us need MORE information.

If both KC and St. Louis lose, what else do we need to happen to get the second pick? Inquiring minds want to know.

Start by rooting for the Giants tonight and Chicago tomorrow night. If we lose both of those we're done as far as the tiebreaker against StL goes. If we are still alive, I'll post a week 17 rooting guide next week.

Fruit Ninja
12-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I think the choice is clear. Josh Freeman.

I dont watch much college football at all, but i havent heard anything about that guy? i see he's a QB from KState. Is he really good enough to pick with the 3rd pick? Says he's only 20 years old. Pretty young.

Spott
12-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Start by rooting for the Giants tonight and Chicago tomorrow night. If we lose both of those we're done as far as the tiebreaker against StL goes. If we are still alive, I'll post a week 17 rooting guide next week.

Is it even mathematically possible even if the Giants and Bears win? Even with those 2 wins, the Rams SOS is 9 wins ahead of ours.

kstater
I dont watch much college football at all, but i havent heard anything about that guy? i see he's a QB from KState. Is he really good enough to pick with the 3rd pick? Says he's only 20 years old. Pretty young.

Eh, I was just fishing. He'll likely go early in the 2nd round. A good combine might bump him up to the late 1st to a team that can afford to take him and learn on the bench. He'll be a project with a good upside.

Sam Hall
I hope another team wants to trade up and give us a haul because nobody knows who we would select with that high a pick. Either that, or we need some consensus about who the best prospects are. The paralysis by over analyzes is already driving me crazy.

Saul Good
12-21-2008, 06:46 PM
You draft Stafford anyway.

Fruit Ninja
12-21-2008, 06:48 PM

Yeah, lets draft a guy whos not there. Again, who?

No one seems to know that answer. Evryone sure knows that they wanted the hight pick possible, and i think 3 is a pretty damned good spot. Now who?

And please, no you trade down. First you have to have a team that wants to trade down and give up alot. Not everyone is always looking to move up that far.

milkman
12-21-2008, 06:49 PM

I have just one quetion, and the answer to this might make all other scenarios a moot point for some.

If both the Giants and Bears win, will we as a fanbase have to root for a Donkey win next week to secure the #2 pick?

cdcox
12-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Is it even mathematically possible even if the Giants and Bears win? Even with those 2 wins, the Rams SOS is 9 wins ahead of ours.

With those two wins, I think we have a 42% chance of winning the tie breaker.

cdcox
12-21-2008, 06:51 PM
I have just one quetion, and the answer to this might make all other scenarios a moot point for some.

If both the Giants and Bears win, will we as a fanbase have to root for a Donkey win next week to secure the #2 pick?

Nope. That game won't affect our net SOS at all since we played both of them twice.

KChiefs1
12-21-2008, 06:52 PM
So I can actually root for the Chiefs to beat the Bungles without worrying about them losing draft position?

milkman
12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Nope. That game won't affect our net SOS at all since we played both of them twice.

Good.

I thought I was going to be sick.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
So I can actually root for the Chiefs to beat the Bungles without worrying about them losing draft position?

You really didn't read through this thread did you......the Chiefs still need to lose next week.

KChiefs1
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
You really didn't read through this thread did you......the Chiefs still need to lose next week.

skimmed it.

Rain Man
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM

Or you draft a 1983-era Dan Marino.

Sam Hall
12-21-2008, 07:00 PM
And please, no you trade down. First you have to have a team that wants to trade down and give up alot. Not everyone is always looking to move up that far.

Let's say somebody is willing to trade up since we're all guessing anyway. Most of the top 5 right now includes players the Chiefs don't desperately need. The Lions can make it easy by passing on Stafford, but I'm not counting on it.

blueballs
12-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Don't mind me, I just get my grandma panties in a bunch sometimes.

too easy

Ebolapox
12-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Let's say somebody is willing to trade up since we're all guessing anyway. Most of the top 5 right now includes players the Chiefs don't desperately need. The Lions can make it easy by passing on Stafford, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm just hoping that bradford comes out so the lions can fall in love with him and take him (leaving stafford all for us)

Fruit Ninja
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM

Maybe the Lions do, but they are still in search of a gm and maybe just maybe they get a decent one.

This is going to be fun to watch for me. I dont think anyone here really knows what to do. one guy said some DE Orakpo or something.

milkman
12-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Maybe the Lions do, but they are still in search of a gm and maybe just maybe they get a decent one.

This is going to be fun to watch for me. I dont think anyone here really knows what to do. one guy said some DE Orakpo or something.

Brain Orakpo, DE, Texas.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Brain Orakpo, DE, Texas.

If his name was Brain we'd have to draft some dude named Pinky.....ok ok I know but I had to.

aturnis
12-21-2008, 07:32 PM

I watched the game too. It looked bad, but I assure you, it wasn't. All Curry did, was his job. They'd run an option, and he'd take the rb away and not try to make the play on the qb. Things like that. I saw an OLB do his job all day. Not going for stats. Usually choosing to take away the option or keep contain.

BigRedChief
12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Not bad I guess. Rams are going to take an OT.

We can get crabtree or the 2nd best QB in the draft.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
maybe since the Falcons have clinched the playoffs, that they will rest their starters against the Rams next week

KCChiefsFan88
12-21-2008, 07:44 PM

Herm can add being Detoilet's last regular season win to his sterling resume

shaneo69
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I watched the game too. It looked bad, but I assure you, it wasn't. All Curry did, was his job. They'd run an option, and he'd take the rb away and not try to make the play on the qb. Things like that. I saw an OLB do his job all day. Not going for stats. Usually choosing to take away the option or keep contain.

Sweet! Sounds like a real impact player. One of those guys who never misses an assignment, so you never notice him on the field.

cdcox
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
maybe since the Falcons have clinched the playoffs, that they will rest their starters against the Rams next week

If the Giants win over Carolina tonight, the Falcons will be playing for the difference between a 2 seed and a 5 seed. In that case they won't be resting anyone.

aturnis
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey now, I never said take him. I'm a trade down guy! :D

shaneo69
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Not bad I guess. Rams are going to take an OT.

We can get crabtree or the 2nd best QB in the draft.

The Rams need a QB far more than we do.

BigRedChief
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
The Rams need a QB far more than we do.
May be true but they love Bulger over there and "they" think all he needs is protection.

milkman
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
May be true but they love Bulger over there and "they" think all he needs is protection.

I'd have to agree.

shaneo69
12-21-2008, 08:05 PM

Who's "they"?

Haslett? He's gone after next week.

BigRedChief
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Who's "they"?

Pretty much anyone in St. Louis. Fans, talk shows,newspaper columinsts.

BigRedChief
12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey now, I never said take him. I'm a trade down guy! :D
No, your not because you won't find anyone to trade up.

lazepoo
12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
If we don't go QB in the first, who are some other probable first day options?

shaneo69
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Pretty much anyone in St. Louis. Fans, talk shows,newspaper columinsts.

Really?

Marc Bulger has lost the touch as Rams quarterback
By Bernie Miklasz
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
12/01/2008

Fighting hard all afternoon and poised to spring an upset, the Rams needed someone to step forward, make a play and steal Sunday from the Miami Dolphins.

Miami's precarious 16-12 lead was hanging within reach, an easy capture. The Rams required a singular act of brilliance. Someone who could convert hope into victory by offering a few seconds of Joe Montana, a two-minute tribute to John Unitas, a mad dash of Roger Staubach or a touch of John Elway's golden arm.

Just one magic moment.

The Rams were down by less than a touchdown throughout the entire second half. They had some things working in their favor. The running attack was boosted by the return of Steven Jackson, the pass protection was solid and the defense repeatedly made stops.

Now it was time for a winner to sign in and take over. The money quarterbacks live for these situations. Give them the ball and a chance and they'll take care of the rest. Their careers are defined by these late, daring, all-in bids at the final poker table.

And then there is Marc Bulger.

Who can't help what he is.

Bulger had the magic stomped out of him a long time ago.

Bulger has been drained of the possibility of summoning Montana, Staubach or Elway — if even for just one clutch throw.

If Bulger is Unitas, he's the sad Johnny U. we saw in the San Diego Chargers uniform, taking a whupping in the final phase of his career. MORE BERNIE

Bulger was back on the field Sunday, a week after having his brain scrambled by the Chicago Bears.

Put it this way: A boxing commission wouldn't have allowed the man to step into the ring.

So we don't have to remind you how things turned out, right?

Three second-half interceptions, and only 16 completions in 35 attempts overall for 149 skimpy yards.

A QB rating of 22.2 for the afternoon.

Bulger was unable to emerge from the fog and make a play when his team needed it most.

The outcome was as predictable as the tendencies picked up by appreciative Dolphins defenders. "A lot of the time their quarterback would stare down a guy, and it gave our guys a chance to get in the passing window and make a play," Miami cornerback Renaldo Hill said. "It seemed like when he had (receivers) locked in, you knew the ball was going there if you could just get a jump or take a gamble here and there. Because you know where the ball was going. He wasn't doing much looking off."

Other than getting a chance to play against the Mizzou secondary each Sunday, I don't know how Bulger can pull out of this two-season disaster anytime soon. His mechanics and confidence require a complete overhaul.

And even then Bulger's potential is limited. At best, Bulger needed a good team around him to succeed. He isn't capable of elevating a team.

Plenty of times over the past two seasons, Bulger hasn't had much of a shot to prevail. He's been a speed bag, set up to take a vicious beating.

That wasn't the case against the Dolphins. The Rams gave Bulger plenty of time to throw, and he was not sacked.

"Sometimes a guy's got to come up with plays," Rams coach Jim Haslett said.

Yes, it would help if offensive coordinator Al Saunders could regain his coherency in calling plays.

But Bulger isn't making anything happen, unless it's bad.

Since signing the huge contract before the 2007 season, Bulger has thrown 26 interceptions and lost seven fumbles in 23 games. His QB rating over the stretch is 67.9, which ranks 43rd among NFL quarterbacks who have appeared in at least 10 games.

Since the start of the second half at New England on Oct. 26, Bulger has thrown nine interceptions (with three lost fumbles) and has a passer rating of 50.2.

If Bulger were a building, he'd be condemned.

Trent Green isn't the solution. He's older and more battered than Bulger. And don't start up with the Brock Berlin stuff; he's roster filler.

It's imperative for the Rams to admit their $65 million mistake on the Bulger contract.

The Rams must follow the example of the Atlanta Falcons (Matt Ryan) and Baltimore Ravens (Joe Flacco) by drafting and developing a young quarterback.

The worst thing the Rams could do is continue living in a bizarre fantasy world, believing that Bulger is their quarterback of the future. The expiration date has passed.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/752324A0DB82C31B8625751200138876?OpenDocument

dirk digler
12-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Detroit might screw this up after all.

FORD GIVES PACKERS, BEARS, VIKINGS FANS GOOD NEWS (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/21/ford-gives-packers-bears-vikings-fans-good-news/)

Prior to the Lions’ record-setting 15th straight loss to open an NFL (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) season, Lions owner William Clay Ford, Sr. said that G.M. Martin Mayhew and COO Tom Lewand will return to the team in 2009 (http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/12/ford_new_hire_might_not_fill_t.html), possibly in their current roles.

And fans of the Packers, Bears, and Vikings simultaneously celebrated the fact that they’ll continue to reside in a three-team division.

According to Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com, Ford and Lewand and Mayhew will put their heads together after the season and identify a new person to join the front office, but possibly not as a traditional General Manager and possibly not with final say over the team’s personnel.

In other words, the Lions will end up hiring someone whom Lewand and Mayhew will perceive as not being a threat to their jobs.
Sorry, Mr. Ford, but it’s not the way to dig out of the unprecedented hole in which your franchise currently resides. And anyone who knows anything about running a successful football team knows that.

Then again, no one has accused anyone in Detroit of knowing how to run a successful football team, at least not since the late 1950s.

BigRedChief
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM
If we don't go QB in the first, who are some other probable first day options?
Crabtree is the only one that I see worth a 3rd pick in the draft.

It's not a dire need like other positions but we can't reach at #3 because of need. Thats where we have went wrong in the past.

What position can you take with a #3 pick?
QB, RB, DE, DT, WR

Don't need a RB.

IMHO there is no DT or DE worthy of the #3 pick.

Thats leaves Crabtree and a QB. Thats it.

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Detroit might screw this up after all.

Ford has to be a fucking idiot.

JFC.

lazepoo
12-21-2008, 08:20 PM

It's not a dire need like other positions but we can't reach at #3 because of need. Thats where we have went wrong in the past.

QB, RB, DE, DT, WR

Don't need a RB.

Sorry I meant what other QBs were possible first day picks.

milkman

QB, RB, DE, DT, WR

Don't need a RB.

Crabtree is slow.

He's not a #3 pick.

Count Alex's Losses
Does anyone know if there's any buzz out of Detroit about them being high on Orlovsky? He has some talent.

lazepoo
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know if there's any buzz out of Detroit about them being high on Orlovsky? He has some talent.

I can't say anything for Detroit specifically, but I've heard the networks talking Orlovsky up lately.

BigRedChief
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Crabtree is slow.

He's not a #3 pick.
BS. He will go in the top 5.

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:35 PM
BS. He will go in the top 5.

I'm guessing you're right.

But that doesn't mean he should, or that I should want him at 3.

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm guessing you're right.

But that doesn't mean he should, or that I should want him at 3.

Actually, if he posts slow times at the combines and/or Pro days, he'll probably drop out f the top 5.

DaWolf
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Who's "they"?

True, but I would wonder whether the Lambs would be willing to pay top dollar for a rookie QB they can't protect while getting rid of a guy who they just paid top dollar for and got burned on. Not to mention the numerous holes they have. I would think everyone in the top three would be quite willing to trade down, I'm not sure a franchise defining talent has differentiated from the draft group just yet...

Chief77
12-21-2008, 09:23 PM
They love Orlovsky as much as we love Thigpen. In other words, nice back up to first round QB of the future.

aturnis
12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
No, your not because you won't find anyone to trade up.

Yes I am...and you can't tell me any different.

Pablo
12-21-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm fairly confident the Lions will f*ck this up.

They'll take a QB first overall...Tim Tebow.

Leaving Matt Stafford all for us...oh hells yes.

But seriously, if the Lions do decide to take Stafford, I'd really be rooting for Orakpo probably. Not that he excites me all that much, and I don't think he'll be a stellar RDE in this league; but he'll definitely be a solid starter with flashes of great play, and that's a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

chiefbowe82
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
needs:

quarterback
center
right guard
right tackle
DE
DE
DT
OLB
MLB
FS
SS

no particular order, how many of those holes can we fill, i think we'll leave center, dt, and a safety spot untouched, maybe keep thigpen as the starter, and replace the others via free agency and draft. finally have carl out of here, now we need priefer, gun, krumie, and herm pending on what the gm says, to go.

aturnis
12-21-2008, 10:44 PM
needs:

quarterback
center
right guard
right tackle
DE
DE
DT
OLB
MLB
FS
SS

no particular order, how many of those holes can we fill, i think we'll leave center, dt, and a safety spot untouched, maybe keep thigpen as the starter, and replace the others via free agency and draft. finally have carl out of here, now we need priefer, gun, krumie, and herm pending on what the gm says, to go.

I disagree with most of that. I'd think we'd draft a center before right guard, and maybe right tackle too. DT isn't that big a need. Our guys there are very young and should improve. Only one DE is NECESSARY right now. Replacing Tamba can be done next offseason. Would be nice if we had the ability to do it now, but I don't see it.

If at all possible I'd try to get Vilma in the offseason, it'd save us a need in the draft. Bad thing is, if Herm goes...so might our chances of landing him.

eazyb81
12-21-2008, 10:50 PM
It's nuts that we're going to end up with 2 wins and STILL miss out on our QBOTF.

This franchise drives me crazy.

aturnis
12-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Giants win. We're halfway to needing a cheering cheat sheet for next week.

Toad
12-21-2008, 11:27 PM
True, but I would wonder whether the Lambs would be willing to pay top dollar for a rookie QB they can't protect while getting rid of a guy who they just paid top dollar for and got burned on. Not to mention the numerous holes they have. I would think everyone in the top three would be quite willing to trade down, I'm not sure a franchise defining talent has differentiated from the draft group just yet...

Agreed. Plus re Bulger- it would be VERY expensive to dump him. His contract he signed in 07 included $27 million in guarantees.

Gravedigger
12-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Stafford, Bradford, Oher, Maluaga... that is all.

splatbass
12-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Repost.

Thread police irritate me....:cuss:

SenselessChiefsFan
12-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Chiefs can win or lose against the Bengals and have the third pick. The Lions obviously will have the 1st selection in the draft.

Then, you have the Rams and Chiefs at two wins and the Bengals at three wins.

If the Rams somehow beat the Falcons, there is a 'chance' the Chiefs could have the second pick.

But, the Chiefs would have to lose to the Bengals AND the Rams beat the Falcons. I think both are unlikely.

If the Bengals, Chiefs and Rams all end up with 3 wins, it will fall to strength of schedule. The Bengals have had the toughest schedule thus far with there opponents having 134 victories on the season. The Chiefs opponents have 131 victories on the season. The Rams opponents are trailing a long ways with 127 victories on the season.

For the Chiefs to wind up with the 4th pick, they would have to beat the Bengals, AND their opponents would have to make up three games on the Bengals.

But, with the way the schedule breaks down, it is nearly impossible to make up those games. The Falcons would have to lose the Rams, the Phins have to beat the Jets, the Titans have to beat the Colts, the Texans must lose to the Bears, the Giants must lose to the Vikes, and the Redskins have to lose to the 49ers, the Raiders have to beat the Bucs, and the Jags have to beat the Ravens.

Look, any and all of that 'could' happen, but it is very, very unlikely for ALL of it to happen. If so, the Browns have one game worse of a strength of schedule and they would get to pick above the Chiefs. They can't merely tie, because they have the worse division record and as such, would pick ahead of the Chiefs.

So, if the Rams end up with three wins, the only way for the Chiefs to get ahead of them is if.... Oddly, if the Bears beat the Texans, the Giants beat the Vikings, and the 49ers beat the Redskins, and the Bucs have to beat the Raiders.

If all that happens, the Rams and Chiefs will have the exact same winning percentage. Then, the pick comes down to a coin flip, since they are in separate conferences.

So, unless the Chiefs lose on Sunday, and the Rams win on Sunday, there is very little chance of the Chiefs getting the second pick.

And, there is even less chance of the Chiefs getting the fourth pick.

So, the Chiefs should have the third pick. Who do you want in the draft?

Hoover
12-22-2008, 09:36 AM
REPOST

King_Chief_Fan
picks 2-4 are good enough not to pick someone named Stafford

The Bad Guy
I really don't know who I want.

There isn't a DE worth the 3rd pick, nor a MLB.

Stafford would be the dream, but Detroit has to take him.

The Rams are taking either Oher, Monroe or Smith.

I guess the Chiefs could take Rey Rey, but that's too high.

Hoover
12-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Plus your wrong, there is no way the Bengals will have a batter record than us. They have 3.5 wins, we have 2.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Plus your wrong, there is no way the Bengals will have a batter record than us. They have 3.5 wins, we have 2.

Man, what an oversight on my part. I appologize. Not ONLY for posting misinformation, but wasting my own time doing so. I put WAY too much research into that for something that was irrelevant.

Damn!

SenselessChiefsFan
12-22-2008, 09:40 AM
REPOST

If someone else posted this, I didn't see it. Sorry.

Stryker
12-22-2008, 09:42 AM
What REALLY sucks is the Rams were a field goal away from US picking 2nd! :grr:

healthpellets
12-22-2008, 10:15 AM
He'll be a project with a good upside.

Kyle Boller comes to mind...

Deberg_1990
12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
I guess the Chiefs could take Rey Rey, but that's too high.

No pick is too high as long as your confident hes going to perform.

Are you saying he wont be IMPACT enough to take top 3?

People were saying last year Flacco was taken too high. But now it appears he was taken too low.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-22-2008, 11:43 AM
What REALLY sucks is the Rams were a field goal away from US picking 2nd! :grr:

Probably not. Chiefs should beat the Bengals and the Rams should lose to the Falcons.

So, even if the Rams win, the Chiefs and Rams probably end up tied, and the Rams strength of schedule is worse than the Chiefs.

patteeu
12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Repost.

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to draft position, it's not official until cdcox says it. I've read too many wrong analyses from both amateur CP posters and professional sportswriters to believe in anything but the gospel according to cdcox.

ChiefsOne
12-22-2008, 01:05 PM

What's 'batter'?