PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 10 Things from Today's Game: The Blowfish Seat Experience

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
First off, a hearty thank you to the guy that made this thread possible, Mr. George Blowfish. George was kind enough to tell Coffey and I that he and the Mrs. weren't likely going to the game today, and gave us permission to occupy his kick ass, lower level 50 yard line seats for today's Ice Bowl. I gotta say, it's quite the experience.

So, I feel it is my duty to keep George's weekly thread alive, through my point of view.

1) Uh, yeah, it was COLD. The Krautmobile was showing the temperature at a whopping 4 degrees when Coffey and I arrived at Arrowhead, and the wind had to be gusting a solid 20-25. Damn nasty. Wasn't too bad in the stadium, until the 4th quarter. By then, the hand warmers I shoved in my boots were starting to fail me. I was amazed at how many people come completely unprepared for single digit weather...

2) From the "Boy, that was quick" department: Seriously? A kickoff return and ONE play for a fucking score? Bowe had been sitting on the bench right in front of us when they scored, and slowly got up and started stretching. He turned toward the crowd, and I thought I'd try to get his attention...

D-BOWE! Nothing.

D-BOWE! He makes eyes contact.

"You're gonna have to work today, lets go"

The resigned look on his face and the slight nod in agreement tells me everything I needed to know - some of these guys on offense are tiring of putting up a pile of points and still losing every week.

3) Branden Albert is a fucking BEAST. Sonufabitch made Joey Porter look like Jason fucking Babin. Porter was DOMINATED in every sense of the word. No stats posted - it's like he didn't even play. And Albert was the one guy on the sideline that was making some noise and getting in guys faces. I swear, the guy rarely sat down when the D was on the field. Pacing the sideline, giving encouragement to guys coming off, trying to get the crowd riled up, etc. The kid is a leader and I'm damn glad he's our LTOTF.

4) Jason Babin. Enough said. I haven't seen a Chiefs DE lose contain like that since Eric Hicks.

5) Most of you guys are going to take this as I'm making excuses, but I think that Thigpen was playing sick. The couple of chances I got to see him up close, he just looked like the lights were out - that far-away look like he might have had the flu or been running a high fever. He was on eof the few guys that was covering up immediately after coming back to the sideline, and they kept giving him Gatorade with some Pedialite mixed in. After the game, I called my wife to let her know we were on the road, and she mentioned that towards the end of the game, Thigpen was shaking and his teeth were chattering. I haven't seen it for myself, but I can't help but wonder if he was under the weather.

6) Speaking of Thigpen. WTF is with all the deep passes? We've been screaming all year to stretch the field, and they try doing it in 9 degree weather, with a 20 MPH swirling wind inside the stadium? Christ, at one point I looked at the flags on the uprights, and they were flying the complete opposite direction from each other.

7) 12 carries for LJ. TWELVE. Unacceptable.

8) Fuck you, Gunther. How a team puts up 31 points and almost 500 yards on the opposition in arctic-like conditions, and still lose is in-fucking-comprehensible. Clark Hunt wants to see you. Bring your playbook.

9) There were some decent signs celebrating Carl's demise: A guy a few rows behind us had a sign that read "Kick rocks, Carl" on one side, and "My 2008 Christmas List - A Harley, A Boat, A 4-Wheeler, and a New GM. The New GM box was checked. Not sure what happened, but at one point early in the 3rd quarter, security came up and took his sign. Also saw a nice toilet seat with FIRE HERM painted on it...

10) Tony Gonzalez was fucking PISSED at the end of the game. Dude left the field with time left on the clock, head down, didn't acknowledge anyone. Comes back to what i said about Bowe earlier - I think these guys are starting to resent the fact that the Offense has been resurrected from dust, but the defense is still giving up 30+ per game.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Security? Seriously? WTF? I guess Carl is still in control for now... The Chiefs FO are such a bunch of sensitive pussys!

The New GM box was checked. Not sure what happened, but at one point early in the 3rd quarter, security came up and took his sign. Also saw a nice toilet seat with FIRE HERM painted on it...

WilliamTheIrish
12-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Good recap fella.

I'd like top point one minor detail. The defense (which IS indefensible) gave up (imo) 28 today. They got short-fielded on the opening KO and short-fielded on Thigz first pick. (10)

I'd also like to say I'm glad you stayed until the end. The stadium is about 20 degrees colder when it's missing 50K occupants and the team plays like shite.

I've been to games when we were (regular season) good and it was single digits and never felt the cold.

Good report, OTW.

PS: Fire Herm.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
10) Tony Gonzalez was ****ing PISSED at the end of the game. Dude left the field with time left on the clock, head down, didn't acknowledge anyone. Comes back to what i said about Bowe earlier - I think these guys are starting to resent the fact that the Offense has been resurrected from dust, but the defense is still giving up 30+ per game.

He needs to look no further than the HC he endorsed and supported the night of Carls resignation... He said Herm had the team in the right direction... Blah Blah slurp slurp massage massage blah blah blah...

TG your a great player, but you need to stop hitching your faith into these people and start speaking out....

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Good recap fella.

I'd like top point one minor detail. The defense (which IS indefensible) gave up (imo) 28 today. They got short-fielded on the opening KO and short-fielded on Thigz first pick. (10)

I'd also like to say I'm glad you stayed until the end. The stadium is about 20 degrees colder when it's missing 50K occupants and the team plays like shite.

I've been to games when we were (regular season) good and it was single digits and never felt the cold.

Good report, OTW.

That Denver game a few years ago, Grbac was the QB it was 3 at kick off, high of 9 and 3 at the end of the game... Snow was deep in the stands and beer would freeze in your glass from the wind...

It was cold, ass kicking cold...

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Good recap fella.

Good report, OTW.

Even with the cold, and the loss, it was about as much fun as I've had at a game since the Denver Thanksgiving game.

What little crowd there was did everything they could to impact the game.

Thanks again to George for the experience - we had a blast...

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Even with the cold, and the loss, it was about as much fun as I've had at a game since the Denver Thanksgiving game.

Thanks again to George for the experience - we had a blast...

On TV at the end of the game when Thigpen threw his last pick, you could hear some chick just screaming on the TV, it was so annoying...

Bowser
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Good to see you didn't freeze to death out there, and you got to see the second best game of the year, minus the weather. Were George's seats able to catch any sun?

Guru
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM

Thanks again to George for the experience - we had a blast...Agreed. The crowd for this game was great. ignoring the empty seats it felt like old times there for a bit. Nobody was sitting. Everyone was loud. AND everyone gave a shit!!!!!

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
That Denver game a few years ago, Grbac was the QB it was 3 at kick off, high of 9 and 3 at the end of the game... Snow was deep in the stands and beer would freeze in your glass from the wind...

It was cold, ass kicking cold...

I couldn't get enough whiskey in my can of Red Bull without it freezing at the tailgate. After the first one, we realized we better drink them pretty quick...

After Thigpen's pick to seal the game, a couple geniuses chucked some frozen beers over our heads...would have seriously hurt someone has it landed in the crowd...

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Good to see you didn't freeze to death out there, and you got to see the second best game of the year, minus the weather. Were George's seats able to catch any sun?

For the first 5 minutes, it was at our back.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 07:47 PM
I concur, kick ass seats. Loved being that close to the action, bench. Right above the stairs down to the locker rooms the players run to at half and the end of the game. A few high fives and some close up pictures. Some additional notes to add to yours, same topics/numbers....

1) There has to be a better word than "cold"; today proved there's a need for it.

2) That was hysterical; he looked kinda out the corner, then you said he had to work. He cracked a half smile with that nod, I laughed. I also laughed at the end of the game as the players and coaches made thier way to the tunnel. Herm starts down the steps and OTWP yells out, "Hey Herm, see you next year! Oh wait, bet we DON'T!!!" everyone one around us got quiet, including the 12 years old that must have collected at least three different player's gloves.

3) Albert definetly has some sideline leadership, and he's backing it up on the field. Additionally, not one player he tried to rally up, gave any eyerolls or anything like that. He's got everyone's attention, respect. I got a high five at the end of the game.

4) no comment needed

8) Gun has to go, he's tired, weak and uneffective...

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I couldn't get enough whiskey in my can of Red Bull without it freezing at the tailgate. After the first one, we realized we better drink them pretty quick...

After Thigpen's pick to seal the game, a couple geniuses chucked some frozen beers over our heads...would have seriously hurt someone has it landed in the crowd...

I remember setting my beer down in the snow and my cup froze to the ground. :cuss: God I felt for you guys, but props for being more of a fan than I... You could probably used a snuggy?

Bowser
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
For the first 5 minutes, it was at our back.

He's literally the front row, right?

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM

yes, front row, fifty yardline.

Bowser
And yeah, Coffey and OTW are much bigger fans than I. I have literally like a 15 minute drive to the stadium, and they come cross state. I r puzzy.

Reerun_KC
I concur, kick ass seats. Loved being that close to the action, bench. Right above the stairs down to the locker rooms the players run to at half and the end of the game. A few high fives and some close up pictures. Some additional notes to add to yours, same topics/numbers....

1) There has to be a better word than "cold"; today proved there's a need for it.

2) That was hysterical; he looked kinda out the corner, then you said he had to work. He cracked a half smile with that nod, I laughed. I also laughed at the end of the game as the players and coaches made thier way to the tunnel. Herm starts down the steps and OTWP yells out, "Hey Herm, see you next year! Oh wait, bet we DON'T!!!" everyone one around us got quiet, including the 12 years old that must have collected at least three different player's gloves.

3) Albert definetly has some sideline leadership, and he's backing it up on the field. Additionally, not one player he tried to rally up, gave any eyerolls or anything like that. He's got everyone's attention, respect. I got a high five at the end of the game.

4) no comment needed

8) Gun has to go, he's tired, weak and uneffective...

That bolded part is priceless!

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Yep.

Normally I would have gotten some pictures, but getting to the phone, much less being able to operate it with two pairs of gloves proved difficult.

DeezNutz
Great job keeping up the tradition of posting this thread. It's much appreciated by those of us watching from home.

ClevelandBronco
First off, a hearty thank you to the guy that made this thread possible, Mr. George Blowfish. George was kind enough to tell Coffey and I that he and the Mrs. weren't likely going to the game today, and gave us permission to occupy his kick ass, lower level 50 yard line seats for today's Ice Bowl. I gotta say, it's quite the experience...

It has to be really weird watching a game all alone in that stadium.

Douche Baggins
What does Herm do on the sideline between plays/series? Does he just stand there like a cadaver or do any of that great one-on-one caoching?

Bowser
yes, front row, fifty yardline.

Very nice. It's weird seeing the players THAT close up; they are much larger in person than on TV, lol.

Hydrae
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Great job keeping up the tradition of posting this thread. It's much appreciated by those of us watching from home.

And those who are left listening to the feed on the 'Net!

OnTheWarpath58
I remember setting my beer down in the snow and my cup froze to the ground. :cuss: God I felt for you guys, but props for being more of a fan than I... You could probably used a snuggy?

Nah, I don't buy that better fan BS.

I gotta say, when we stepped out of the car this morning, I felt like the biggest retard imaginable.

But I'm glad we went. First game for me since giving up my Season Tickets.

crazycoffey
Yep.

Normally I would have gotten some pictures, but getting to the phone, much less being able to operate it with two pairs of gloves proved difficult.

I got a couple on my phone, I'll do what I can to send them to my computer and post a couple, let me feed the dog and take a hot shower, my feet are still cold.

I literally just got home about 40 minutes ago.

DeezNutz
12-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Yep.

Pussy.

Reerun_KC
What does Herm do on the sideline between plays/series? Does he just stand there like a cadaver or do any of that great one-on-one caoching?

Interesting question... CC or OTWP?

cdcox
The offense getting pissed in one more sign that Herm will be gone.

OnTheWarpath58

Shockingly enough, he does quite a bit of one-on-one "coaching."

Or, they could be discussing travel plans for the offseason, fuck, who knows....

Reerun_KC
Nah, I don't buy that better fan BS.

I gotta say, when we stepped out of the car this morning, I felt like the biggest retard imaginable.

But I'm glad we went. First game for me since giving up my Season Tickets.

My son is so excited, he knows Herm is almost gone, therefore he gets to go to his first game next year...

DeezNutz
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
My son is so excited, he knows Herm is almost gone, therefore he gets to go to his first game next year...

ROFL

You couldn't tolerate it enough to take your son to a game? Good grief...

crazycoffey

well, he walked around and looked lost, laughed off a few mistakes, and got krummie to stay in Babin's face for a whole Offensive series.

seriously though - he went and talked to players alot in between plays and series..

OnTheWarpath58
The offense getting pissed in one more sign that Herm will be gone.

Just my interpretation on TG, but Bowe's reaction was obvious to anyone that saw it.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Shockingly enough, he does quite a bit of one-on-one "coaching."

Or, they could be discussing travel plans for the offseason, ****, who knows....

Really? I figured he just stood there and looked at the clock praying he didnt have to make a decession for the game...

Bowser
Hopefully you two stopped at the Hooters in Columbia on the way home to get some hot wings. You know, to warm up and all.....

Douche Baggins
Did he talk to the quarterbacks? He doesn't talk to the quarterbacks in camp.

DeezNutz
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM

We don't need QB's on this team, son.

Goldmember
The resigned look on his face and the slight nod in agreement tells me everything I needed to know - some of these guys on offense are tiring of putting up a pile of points and still losing every week.

It hasn't always been the defense's fault this year. In some cases the offense scored 14 points or less. In several games, the defense scored a TD or handed the ball to the offense in the red zone or the near the goal line. On the flip side, it was the turnovers by the offense and their ineptitude in not getting a first down in the second half to run out the clock. The special teams also contributed by giving up the ball or poor field position. All units have had their hand in the debacle of a season.

crazycoffey

yeah, after the first int, first Albert went to thigpen, then curl and soon after herm was over trying to get him to shake it off.

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Really? I figured he just stood there and looked at the clock praying he didnt have to make a decession for the game...

Speaking of clock...

Was that the longest 5 minutes of gametime to start a game EVER?

Two possessions each and a total of 17 points in the first 4:45 of gametime.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
ROFL

You couldn't tolerate it enough to take your son to a game? Good grief...

Nah, considering we have to drive from OKC... I want to make sure its something memorable...

hell I havent been to a game since 2005... I am looking forward to next year!

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah, after the first int, first Albert went to thigpen, then curl and soon after herm was over trying to get him to shake it off.

Yeah, I found it telling that Albert was the first one to get to Thigpen and tell him to shake it off.

I don't think Curl left his spot on the bench the entire game, except halftime.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't think Curl left his spot on the bench the entire game, except halftime.

Well the guy is 78 years old... Not like he is a spring chicken...

the Talking Can
12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
love albert

Bowser
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
OH, and what's the matter? The original tickets weren't good enough, so you had to go sit in the front row? Fine. :harumph:

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
OH, and what's the matter? The original tickets weren't good enough, so you had to go sit in the front row? Fine. :harumph:

I can't believe it took 45 posts...

And seeing as how there were 3 seats, you could have been there...

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the report.

Good stuff.

Bowser
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I can't believe it took 45 posts...

And seeing as how there were 3 seats, you could have been there...

No, no. This is ME making YOU feel guilty, not vice versa. :D

I SHOULD have gone. It would have been a wiser choice as to where I ended up. Glad you two had a good time, though. At least the game was entertaining.

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
love albert

There's no bigger fan of Albert than me.

He's making me look like a regular CP genious.

:D

Buehler445
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the report.

I always like blowfish's stuff.

The Albert buzz is FANTASTIC!

Buehler445
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM

Credit where credit is due.

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 08:12 PM

blueballs
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Many said Hell would freeze over
before Carl saw his last home game
well - - - close enough

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Many said Hell would freeze over
before Carl saw his last home game
well - - - close enough

LMAO

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 08:19 PM
right after we got there, and the second of LJ is where Bowe was when OTWP talked to him

Douche Baggins
12-21-2008, 08:20 PM
LJ is one tough bastard.

Clark looks like royalty. I would have screamed "ARE YOU ROYALTY?" just to see if he turned around.

blueballs
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Claythan's spank bank
is filled for the week

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 08:23 PM
.KC Wolf hitting the dolphin fan, and the greatest TE ever followed by the RT that won't be here next year..... actually Mac played well today too, saw him getting in some faces a few times after the INTs.

Mecca
10) Tony Gonzalez was fucking PISSED at the end of the game. Dude left the field with time left on the clock, head down, didn't acknowledge anyone. Comes back to what i said about Bowe earlier - I think these guys are starting to resent the fact that the Offense has been resurrected from dust, but the defense is still giving up 30+ per game.

Didn't Randy Moss doing that a few years ago cause a huge fuss?

OnTheWarpath58
LJ is one tough bastard.

Clark looks like royalty. I would have screamed "ARE YOU ROYALTY?" just to see if he turned around.

Clark is one tough bastard.

The retractable floor-to-ceiling windows in his box were open today - he sat in the cold like the rest of us.

milkman
LJ is one tough bastard.

JFC.

STFU

He's a fucking pussy.

Guru
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Yep.

Normally I would have gotten some pictures, but getting to the phone, much less being able to operate it with two pairs of gloves proved difficult.Yeah, I called ya but ya didn't answer. heh

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM

Dude, the clock was running, and there was about 10 seconds left.

About 5 of us saw it, it's not like he made a production out of it.

Douche Baggins
12-21-2008, 08:26 PM

The retractable floor-to-ceiling windows in his box were open today - he sat in the cold like the rest of us.

He has invisible glass. He's rich, you know. :D

crazycoffey
10) Tony Gonzalez was ****ing PISSED at the end of the game. Dude left the field with time left on the clock, head down, didn't acknowledge anyone. Comes back to what i said about Bowe earlier - I think these guys are starting to resent the fact that the Offense has been resurrected from dust, but the defense is still giving up 30+ per game.

shit, really? you are going to do this, really?

There was like 40 seconds left and the dolphins were doing kneel downs. Moss left with minutes left, IIRC. Tony is/has/keeps putting down 100% during the gameday, the same can not be said of Randy and you know it.

Mecca
Dude, the clock was running, and there was about 10 seconds left.

About 5 of us saw it, it's not like he made a production out of it.

I personally don't think it's a big deal either way but I think it's a bit of an example of how some guys can do things and other guys get questioned on everything.

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 08:27 PM
shit, really? you are going to do this, really?

There was like 40 seconds left and the dolphins were doing kneel downs. Moss left with minutes left, IIRC. Tony is/has/keeps putting down 100% during the gameday, the same can not be said of Randy and you know it.

There was 10 seconds left. The teams had already started handshakes.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I personally don't think it's a big deal either way but I think it's a bit of an example of how some guys can do things and other guys get questioned on everything.

Meccamist - you reap what you sow. You, me, Tony and Randy. We all reap what we sow.

Extra Point
12-21-2008, 08:29 PM
First off, a hearty thank you to the guy that made this thread possible, Mr. George Blowfish. George was kind enough to tell Coffey and I that he and the Mrs. weren't likely going to the game today, and gave us permission to occupy his kick ass, lower level 50 yard line seats for today's Ice Bowl. I gotta say, it's quite the experience.

So, I feel it is my duty to keep George's weekly thread alive, through my point of view.

Excellent synopsis.

milkman

And you don't see the difference?

Randy Moss is a guy that quits.
He's earned the ire of the fans that thinks he's a punkass bitch.

Tony has never quit on his team.

Mecca
Moss will still most likely end up in the HOF so hey quitter or not he's one of the greatest to play his position.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
There was 10 seconds left. The teams had already started handshakes.

yeah, I didn't think twice about it, there wasn't much time left, I agree. I also think it's a non-issue. comparing Randy's persona to Tony's is laughable.

cdcox

No reason to do that other than to show appreciation and solidarity with the fans that bothered to show up. I'll take it a step further and say that Clark does care -- a lot -- about what the fans think.

Mecca
Like I said though I thought when that was blown up about Moss that it was retarded, and what I said was a simple question. If Owens did it it would be on ESPN for the entire week, stupid yet true.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Moss will still most likely end up in the HOF so hey quitter or not he's one of the greatest to play his position.

I still don't get your point. Care to try and make one?

Mecca
12-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I still don't get your point. Care to try and make one?

The point is there is a retarded double standard. Like I said I personally don't care but if TO did this it would be a giant story.

blueballs
12-21-2008, 08:33 PM
you can't spell Mecca
with out Me

Mecca
12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
you can't spell Mecca
with out Me

I love me some me damn it!

Douche Baggins
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
No reason to do that other than to show appreciation and solidarity with the fans that bothered to show up. I'll take it a step further and say that Clark does care -- a lot -- about what the fans think.

So have you changed your stance on Clark, then? You seemed to think he had blown his chance before?

OnTheWarpath58
you can't spell Mecca
with out Me

LMAO

crazycoffey
The point is there is a retarded double standard. Like I said I personally don't care but if TO did this it would be a giant story.

ah, no there's not. Randy and TO have EARNED the critism. Just as you have here, with always being negative. Discussion over, IMO

blueballs
I love me some me damn it!

WHen you post
I get the popcorn ready

chiefbowe82
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM
i've sat just where you have before 50 yl, front row-it was cool being up that close, however I had to stand up just to see what the heck was going on. And if the guys in the front row stands up, you probably piss everyone else off behind you.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 08:38 PM
ah, no there's not. Randy and TO have EARNED the critism. Just as you have here, with always being negative. Discussion over, IMO

Tell me why Owens is a bad guy, really what's bad about him? He likes to talk? You can't tell me he doesn't play hard because that isn't remotely true...

I can't wait till this team has a star WR so 75% of the market can turn on the guy and hate him.

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2008, 08:39 PM
i've sat just where you have before 50 yl, front row-it was cool being up that close, however I had to stand up just to see what the heck was going on. And if the guys in the front row stands up, you probably piss everyone else off behind you.

Actually, we stood the entire game. I was planning on sitting for the benefit of the people behind me, but almost the entire section stood the whole game.

milkman

Only you think it's a double standard.

Moss has quit on his teams, so he left himself open to question and critisism.

Who the **** cares if he's going to the HoF, or that he's the best to play his position (open to debate), he's still a punkass bitch, and he can go fist himself.

ChiefsCountry
I can't wait till this team has a star WR so 75% of the market can turn on the guy and hate him.

Did you see the Bowe thread from this past week?

Mecca
12-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Did you see the Bowe thread from this past week?

I think I missed that I wasn't on everyday this week.....I almost guarantee the minute this team has a star WR this market will turn on him in a heartbeat. There seems to be alot of hatred toward the TO's and Mosses and Chad Johnson's around here.

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Tell me why Owens is a bad guy, really what's bad about him? He likes to talk? You can't tell me he doesn't play hard because that isn't remotely true...

It won't be a big story if Owens does the same thing as Tony, because for all his other faults, he has never left his desire open to question.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 08:43 PM
It won't be a big story if Owens does the same thing as Tony, because for all his other faults, he has never left his desire open to question.

I'm pretty sure it would be a big story and then we'd get to read threads on here about how TO is a punk and all that.

cdcox
So have you changed your stance on Clark, then? You seemed to think he had blown his chance before?

I took him at his word last January and thought this season's performance would result in massive changes. Then I started listening to everyone on this board who said that nothing would change and got down on him. Him going to the soccer game was a real problem for me.

I guess it would be accurate to say that I thought he was going to blow his chance.

blueballs
I think I missed that I wasn't on everyday this week.....I almost guarantee the minute this team has a star WR this market will turn on him in a heartbeat. There seems to be alot of hatred toward the TO's and Mosses and Chad Johnson's around here.

I don't think Chad Johnson is in the same
punkass catagory as TO or Randy

luv
Dad was telling me about seeing the guy with the toilet seat when he went up to go to the bathroom.

crazycoffey

Seriously? Steve Smith a good enough WR for you? Earned the same criticism as the three WR's you mentioned above? No.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 08:44 PM

There just seems to be an inordinate amount of hate towards any sort of personality at that position.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Seriously? Steve Smith a good enough WR for you? Earned the same criticism as the three WR's you mentioned above? No.

Steve Smith has been ripped on and you could argue he's worse than they are because he punched a teammate in the face....

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure it would be a big story and then we'd get to read threads on here about how TO is a punk and all that.

TO might be considered a punk, and he has earned that.

But he has never done anything to leave his desire open to question.
He always leaves it all out on the field.

greg63
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Dad was telling me about seeing the guy with the toilet seat when he went up to go to the bathroom.

It was good to have finally met you today luv! Next time I wont eat before getting to the game; papa smurf's food looked and smelled delicious! :)

blueballs
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
There just seems to be an inordinate amount of hate towards any sort of personality at that position.

I just can't like TO
and Randy was just cancer in Oakland
Chad seems to be more about fun -but has some punk in him

ChiefsCountry
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Him going to the soccer game was a real problem for me.

It was a championship game so it really didnt bother me. I think its just a double standard with people hating soccer, if he owned say the Texas Rangers and they made the World Series, what uproar would have been said?

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
why has the meccamist hyjacked this thread?
because we let him,that's why.

dirk digler
12-21-2008, 08:48 PM

As a player he is very good. As a teammate and as a person he is a head case and has ruined every team that he has been with.

He really should be committed.

OnTheWarpath58
It was a championship game so it really didnt bother me. I think its just a double standard with people hating soccer, if he owned say the Texas Rangers and they made the World Series, what uproar would have been said?

Exactly.

Notice no one said shit when it was mentioned that Bob Kraft had missed Patriots games over MLS as well...

Mecca
I enjoy Coffeys weird stalkerish obsession of me, it's kinda funny.

milkman

Screw that.

Bad football is still better than good baseball.

And I like baseball.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 08:49 PM
And anyway what else are we suppose to talk about how it was cold?

blueballs
12-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Tell us how Joey Porter was
because he didn't seem to do much

luv
12-21-2008, 08:55 PM
And anyway what else are we suppose to talk about how it was cold?

Please no. I'm finally cozy and comfortable, I don't even want to think about how cold it was out there today.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 08:57 PM
I enjoy Coffeys weird stalkerish obsession of me, it's kinda funny.

whatever negative nancy, I was here talking about the game, you came and started taking crap.... me thinks you are teh stalker.

KChiefs1
12-21-2008, 08:59 PM
1) Uh, yeah, it was COLD. The Krautmobile was showing the temperature at a whopping 4 degrees when Coffey and I arrived at Arrowhead, and the wind had to be gusting a solid 20-25. Damn nasty. Wasn't too bad in the stadium, until the 4th quarter. By then, the hand warmers I shoved in my boots were starting to fail me. I was amazed at how many people come completely unprepared for single digit weather...

I'm always amazed by this...

2) From the "Boy, that was quick" department: Seriously? A kickoff return and ONE play for a ****ing score? Bowe had been sitting on the bench right in front of us when they scored, and slowly got up and started stretching. He turned toward the crowd, and I thought I'd try to get his attention...

D-BOWE! Nothing.

D-BOWE! He makes eyes contact.

"You're gonna have to work today, lets go"

I know I'm sick of it too!

3) Branden Albert is a ****ing BEAST. Sonufabitch made Joey Porter look like Jason ****ing Babin. Porter was DOMINATED in every sense of the word. No stats posted - it's like he didn't even play. And Albert was the one guy on the sideline that was making some noise and getting in guys faces. I swear, the guy rarely sat down when the D was on the field. Pacing the sideline, giving encouragement to guys coming off, trying to get the crowd riled up, etc. The kid is a leader and I'm damn glad he's our LTOTF.

No need to draft another LT but a good RT/RG combo would be nice along with a solid C.

4) Jason Babin. Enough said. I haven't seen a Chiefs DE lose contain like that since Eric Hicks.

Don't tell me the Chiefs shouldn't be drafting a DE in this draft.

5) Most of you guys are going to take this as I'm making excuses, but I think that Thigpen was playing sick. The couple of chances I got to see him up close, he just looked like the lights were out - that far-away look like he might have had the flu or been running a high fever. He was on eof the few guys that was covering up immediately after coming back to the sideline, and they kept giving him Gatorade with some Pedialite mixed in. After the game, I called my wife to let her know we were on the road, and she mentioned that towards the end of the game, Thigpen was shaking and his teeth were chattering. I haven't seen it for myself, but I can't help but wonder if he was under the weather.

The teetch chattering shot of him was amazing. I thought the dude is so damn cold he has lost control of his bodily functions.

6) Speaking of Thigpen. WTF is with all the deep passes? We've been screaming all year to stretch the field, and they try doing it in 9 degree weather, with a 20 MPH swirling wind inside the stadium? Christ, at one point I looked at the flags on the uprights, and they were flying the complete opposite direction from each other.

I didn't understand that either with the wind gusting like it was.

7) 12 carries for LJ. TWELVE. Unacceptable.

What was up with that??????

8) **** you, Gunther. How a team puts up 31 points and almost 500 yards on the opposition in arctic-like conditions, and still lose is in-****ing-comprehensible. Clark Hunt wants to see you. Bring your playbook.

Dead man walking.

9) There were some decent signs celebrating Carl's demise: A guy a few rows behind us had a sign that read "Kick rocks, Carl" on one side, and "My 2008 Christmas List - A Harley, A Boat, A 4-Wheeler, and a New GM. The New GM box was checked. Not sure what happened, but at one point early in the 3rd quarter, security came up and took his sign. Also saw a nice toilet seat with FIRE HERM painted on it...

Nice.

He had every reason to be pissed.

:)

WilliamTheIrish
12-21-2008, 09:00 PM

What's that got to do with Moss being a quitter? He deserved ALL the ire he got. His teamates ripped him for leaving the field before an on side kick, late in the game.

And Bellichik got the samw treatment for doing it at the SB last year.

WilliamTheIrish
12-21-2008, 09:06 PM

Ha ha! This market? You're so full of shit you could be an outhouse. When TO acts the fool in Dallas, does the 'Dallas market' turn on him? Yes. Did the 'Minnesota market' turn on Moss when he left the field? Yes.

When Tony wanted out 8 weeks ago, did some of the fans turn on him? Yes.

You act like it's unique to this area that fans react to the incredibly stupid antics of some players. I have news for you. It's not unique at all.

Buehler445
12-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Dude, Randy Moss did it when he was on THE MOTHERFUCKING FIELD. The horsefucker was supposed to run a play and walked the fuck off.

Steve Smith has been ripped on and you could argue he's worse than they are because he punched a teammate in the face....

Smith has busted his balls on every play. Every play. TO has given up on plays, thrown his QB and teammates under the bus ala Hermie. Moss is a cunt. Johnson doesn't do much, but when he does, its all about him. Their dedication has been justifiably called into question. Steve Smith and TG's have not.

Andre Johnson gets no hate around here. TJ who'syourmama doesn't get any hate (and he's more productive than Chad). Welker gets no hate. Marshall doesn't (except for being a donko bitch). Lots of productive WRs don't get hate.

EyePod
12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
He needs to look no further than the HC he endorsed and supported the night of Carls resignation... He said Herm had the team in the right direction... Blah Blah slurp slurp massage massage blah blah blah...

TG your a great player, but you need to stop hitching your faith into these people and start speaking out....

I agree that Herm has put us in the right direction. Now we need someone else to continue to steer us in the right direction before we get pulled into the storm that's on both sides of us.... Maybe like those two monsters on each side of Ulysses? I don't remember both of their names... One was Charibdis (sp?) and I don't remember the other one. Anyways, we need to have someone else to lead this team away from rebuilding into the actually construction.

Chief77
12-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Albert is shaping up to be one of the best draft picks this team has had in the last decade.

EyePod
12-21-2008, 09:35 PM

You are a fucking idiot. He is a fucking locker room cancer. He is a mother fucking bad guy. Did you watch the Dallas game last night? They replayed him fucking wiht the Dallas star the whole night, and then he had a shitty game. He drops the ball more than DBowe (I'm not saying that he's worse than him or anything though). He also is on the news every fucking week, and not just talking to reporters, but badmouthing his teammates/coaches/team. He is a fucking baby. Do you ever watch sweet 16 or bridezillas? TO is worse than those fucking girls/women. He is a mother fucking bitch and he plays hard when he cares, which is only when he's getting the ball. Jerry Jones literally has to lick his balls.

He disgusts me and he is the exact opposite of a fucking team player. It's all about him. Seems like people here were saying the same about you ("Can't spell Mecca without Me"). Maybe that's why you're sticking up for him.

EyePod
12-21-2008, 09:36 PM

Chad doesn't shutup but he's not like TO. He doesn't ruin teams.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Albert is shaping up to be one of the best draft picks this team has had in the last decade.

Flowers is rocking some votes for that debate too.

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to add the smack talk on the way out. Dolphin fans high fiving for winning and gloating in our faces on the way out.

OTWP - "I don't know if I've ever seen a fan so happy his team beat a 2-14 team, you are supposed to have a good D, yet you let Thigpen and this offense score 30 on you."

Fish fan - "yeah, well at least we are going to win our division. Playoff bound!"

OTWP - "enjoy that one and done playoff experience, dude"

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Chad doesn't shutup but he's not like TO. He doesn't ruin teams.

he's on a fast ship approaching that category,IMO

Mecca
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
He's on the news every week because it's the Cowboys, he could take a shit and it would be on ESPN...

Owens is going to the HOF so you can't exactly rail him as a player.

Boon
12-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Marvin Harrison doesn't get a lot of hate here.
He's been a pretty good receiver.

Buehler445
12-21-2008, 09:43 PM
He's on the news every week because it's the Cowboys, he could take a shit and it would be on ESPN...

He's done his fair share of quitting on routes, not catching the ball because he's afraid of the hit, shying away from the hit, and dropping balls.

He may go to the HOF, he certainly has the talent to go. He is a pretty amazing receiver, but his game is not flawless.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 09:44 PM
You can rip him all you want but I think Steve Smith breaking his teammates orbital bone by punching him in the face is way worse than running your mouth.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 09:45 PM

you stated there are double standards between two different impact players, tony walking off wouldn't garnish the attention that Moss would for the same actions.

Now where does that imply the players ability on the field is somehow lacking?

shit stirrer...

Mecca
12-21-2008, 09:46 PM
you stated there are double standards between two different impact players, tony walking off wouldn't garnish the attention that Moss would for the same actions.

shit stirrer...

There is a double standard mostly because ESPN covers every little thing about those teams while not really giving 2 shits about the Chiefs.

crazycoffey
You can rip him all you want but I think Steve Smith breaking his teammates orbital bone by punching him in the face is way worse than running your mouth.

kind of like showing up to a planet function to punsh a poster in the face would be worse than just talking smack on the internet?

FringeNC
I'd much rather have Randy Moss than TO. Moss takes off plays. So what. I would too if I was on a sorry team with a sorry ass coach like Turner, and a sorry quarterback. His NE teammates do not dislike him, and Tom Brady has said he is the smartest WR he has ever played with. TO is literally insane, and seems to be a big locker room distraction.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
kind of like showing up to a planet function to punsh a poster in the face would be worse than just talking smack on the internet?

Stevie is not my teammate or even a likable person....

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM
There is a double standard mostly because ESPN covers every little thing about those teams while not really giving 2 shits about the Chiefs.

duck the issue again? you can't even engage in a POSITIVE conversation with someone. (and I mean like a conversation that could be successfully shown as exchanging information, even if you still only wanted to say negative shit)

Originally Posted by Mecca http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5319098#post5319098)

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5319121#post5319121)

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM

so that makes it ok to punch him?
BTW - I disagree with you, he's very likable. you would let what he said on here affect how you acted to him in person? Seriously?

Mecca
12-21-2008, 09:52 PM
so that makes it ok to punch him?
BTW - I disagree with you, he's very likable. you would let what he said on here affect how you acted to him in person? Seriously?

Making comments about another persons dead father tells me what kind of person he is.

luv
12-21-2008, 09:52 PM

Have you ever met him in person?

Sure-Oz
12-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Making comments about another persons dead father tells me what kind of person he is.

What kind of comments, wtf did i miss?

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Jesus, this is one crazy thread...

Could we have our first Chiefsplanet boxing match?

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 09:55 PM

I thought this place was the land of free speech? Not to take everything so seriously. Or is that only when it applies to you?

Never finding anything good to say about anything that happens on Sundays, just to stir shit, tells me alot about you too, but I wouldn't hit you in the face if I met you. Meme either - hey, you know that you two have alot in common - your online personas that is.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 09:55 PM

I don't need or want to meet anyone in person that would go there, that makes you a pile of shit when you make comments like he did.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought this place was the land of free speech? Not to take everything so seriously. Or is that only when it applies to you?

Never finding anything good to say about anything that happens on Sundays, just to stir shit, tells me alot about you too, but I wouldn't hit you in the face if I met you. Meme either - but you two have alot in common - you online persona that is.

Yea yea, I just disagree with people about football, like I said earlier I think most everyone here is a fine person that I have no issues with. But when you get personal like he did that is a complete different level.

luv
12-21-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't need or want to meet anyone in person that would go there, that makes you a pile of shit when you make comments like he did.

You've been saying he's not likeable in real life for a while now, but whatever.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 09:58 PM

I had a baby who's head was eating by a muppet. I couldn't care less about you as a person because of your avatar...

Guru
12-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Flowers is rocking some votes for that debate too.

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to add the smack talk on the way out. Dolphin fans high fiving for winning and gloating in our faces on the way out.

OTWP - "I don't know if I've ever seen a fan so happy his team beat a 2-14 team, you are supposed to have a good D, yet you let Thigpen and this offense score 30 on you."

Fish fan - "yeah, well at least we are going to win our division. Playoff bound!"

OTWP - "enjoy that one and done playoff experience, dude"Would have loved to have witnessed that. heh

Guru
12-21-2008, 10:00 PM

Owens is going to the HOF so you can't exactly rail him as a player.He was on the news every damn week when he was with the Eagles too.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Yea yea, I just disagree with people about football, like I said earlier I think most everyone here is a fine person that I have no issues with. But when you get personal like he did that is a complete different level.

was it an opinion about someone's lifestyle? (I'm trying to remember specifics)

Again here you go from issue to issue until you get caught in a net, then you change the subject. No accountability, no respect, no personal responsibilty.

Are you sure these voiced opinions about stevie aren't really just misplaced interpersonal retrospect?

Stinger
12-21-2008, 10:04 PM

ESPN really????? You realize that this has always been the case. Unless you are a East Coast team or one with logo of a Star on the 50 yard line ESPN doesn't give a **** who else is in the NFL. Even during our last 13-3 season ESPN we were always down on the list.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 10:04 PM

Oh yes it's surely about me, I may disagree with you but I won't make comments about you personally, I might tell you I think your view is stupid but that's about it.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
ESPN really????? You realize that this has always been the case. Unless you are a East Coast team or one with logo of a Star on the 50 yard line ESPN doesn't give a **** who else is in the NFL. Even during our last 13-3 season ESPN we were always down on the list.

Yea that whole ratings and market size thing.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Coping this from CC, Just a few changes and it sounds like us during the Marty years... How many times did we see this?

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to add the smack talk on the way out. Chiefs fans high fiving for winning and gloating in our faces on the way out.

Random team fan - "I don't know if I've ever seen a fan so happy his team beat a 2-14 team, you are supposed to have a good D, yet you let a 2nd string QB and this offense score 30 on you."

Chiefs fan - "yeah, well at least we are going to win our division. Playoff bound!"

Random team fan - "enjoy that one and done playoff experience, dude"

For some reason that caught me as funny.. Seems like we were down that road in the 90's with Mr playoff fail...

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 10:15 PM

Oh yes it's surely about me, I may disagree with you but I won't make comments about you personally, I might tell you I think your view is stupid but that's about it.

Telling me my view is stupid and that I don't contribute anything to this site is very much a personal attack.

listen, in all seriousness - you seem to be very interested in football, but your motivations for watching football aren't shared very well to me, and judging by the many other reponses you get, not to many others either. You may not care, but it's freaking very distracting to the enjoyment of hearing and discussing different opinions. Yours aren't just different than mine, you consistantly say negative things, and I know you know it.

Reerun has many of your views, but why isn't he AS annoying as you? How come I can get along with him, and even his anti-herm spam?

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Coping this from CC, Just a few changes and it sounds like us during the Marty years... How many times did we see this?

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to add the smack talk on the way out. Chiefs fans high fiving for winning and gloating in our faces on the way out.

Random team fan - "I don't know if I've ever seen a fan so happy his team beat a 2-14 team, you are supposed to have a good D, yet you let a 2nd string QB and this offense score 30 on you."

Chiefs fan - "yeah, well at least we are going to win our division. Playoff bound!"

Random team fan - "enjoy that one and done playoff experience, dude"

For some reason that caught me as funny.. Seems like we were down that road in the 90's with Mr playoff fail...

STFU

Mecca
12-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Telling me my view is stupid and that I don't contribute anything to this site is very much a personal attack.

listen, in all seriousness - you seem to be very interested in football, but your motivations for watching football aren't shared very well to me, and judging by the many other reponses you get, not to many others either. You may not care, but it's freaking very distracting to the enjoyment of hearing and discussing different opinions. Yours aren't just different than mine, you consistantly say negative things, and I know you know it.

Reerun has many of your views, but why isn't he AS annoying as you? How come I can get along with him, and even his anti-herm spam?

I expect the team to be good, I hold them to a high standard I will not have this homer view that the players on the CHiefs are good because they are on the Chiefs.

crazycoffey
12-21-2008, 10:21 PM
I expect the team to be good, I hold them to a high standard I will not have this homer view that the players on the CHiefs are good because they are on the Chiefs.

that the best you got?

Mecca
12-21-2008, 10:23 PM
that the best you got?

LOL, I know you think I know what I'm talking about just reality hurts sometimes so people get annoyed.

And I will still stand by that I bring as much knowledge as just about anyone around here.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 10:31 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS) STFU

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7920)

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by NewPhin http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5200248#post5200248)
Thank God you're back to keep me in check, stevie. Seriously.

You're such a spiritual mentor, and I just feel the Lord's love radiating with every post you make.

I am fully prepeared to stand before God for my transgressions. Rebuking your behavior isn't of them.

and only you can keep you in check...you know it's interesting..your father was an extremely honorable man, gave up his life serving others....

..and here you are..being paid by the people in your community to teach their children..then you spend their money arguing politics and posting dreogatory remarks about women during the school day.

you gonna dish it out, you better be ready to take it.

ChiefJustice
12-22-2008, 12:44 AM
This thread hates Gary Coleman !!

http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/439/440/11/o_ON_THE_RIGHT_TRACK_front.jpg

TinyEvel
12-22-2008, 01:00 AM

Ya know, I've always felt priveleged to live in SOuthern California. But weather that keeps your beer cold? SIGN ME UP!! KCMOFTW!!!!!

the Talking Can
12-22-2008, 04:52 AM

you could go full mecca on Albert alone

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Thigpen was sick LMAO

Short Leash Hootie
12-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by NewPhin http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5200248#post5200248)
Thank God you're back to keep me in check, stevie. Seriously.

You're such a spiritual mentor, and I just feel the Lord's love radiating with every post you make.

that's the post everyone makes a big deal about?

I was expecting much worse.

crazycoffey
12-22-2008, 08:20 AM
LOL, I know you think I know what I'm talking about just reality hurts sometimes so people get annoyed.

And I will still stand by that I bring as much knowledge as just about anyone around here.

f*ck, you can't seriously be so dense! Look - simple terms, I am not saying you don't bring football knowledge, I'm saying you bring NEGATIVE perceptions/opinions based on what you see, that is the football knowledge you bring. Are you sometimes right? of course, there's always going to be some negatives in football.

You are not a realist, look it up.

crazycoffey
12-22-2008, 08:29 AM

Maybe this will help;

above you mention two different stances, both bolded, one black and one white. That's how different the two are. Isn't it possible that there are different shades of gray between those two stances?

gblowfish
12-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Here's my post script to the Ten Things List this week:

First off, thanks to OTW and CC for the report. I'm glad a couple of good CPers could sit there. You know, I've sat thru all the other record cold games they were talking about yesterday. Denver in 83, playoffs with Denver and the Colts, Jets in the 80's. Mrs. Blowfish hasn't been feeling well, and she is starting to get arthritis bad in her hips. Brutal cold is really hard on her. She sat thru the MU/KU game with me in the freezing rain, sat thru the 40 degree temp drop last week vs San Diego, and had a hard time just getting back to the car. I didn't feel like putting her through that again this week. It was kind of a relief, frankly, to know I was going to be here in the Blowfish Batcave working on Christmas Cards, having hot coffee and watching the game passively. My wife LOVES TG and was sad to miss maybe his last home game. We were able to say goodbye to Will Shields and Tim Grunhard when we knew it was their last game. Hope TG comes back next year, but can't blame him if he wants out.

Kudos to the young CP guys for bucking up against the cold. Doesn't matter how many layers you have on, or pairs of socks, or hand warmers, or electric socks; if you sit in sub zero weather for four hours, you're gonna get frozen solid. The experience isn't much fun to sit through, but lots of fun to talk about afterwards. Gives you some swagger as a Chiefs fan.

Those seats are pretty awesome. I've been very lucky in my sporting life. My dad got season tickets in 1965. He's just a regular guy. We kept them every year during the horrible 70's and 80's. After sitting there, you can see why it would be hard to give those up in protest to remove a GM or coach. GM's and coaches come and go, but the seats stay put.

I've also been lucky to sit courtside at MU for an MU/KU basketball game, and in the front row of the Crown Seats at Royals Stadium. All in All, life has been good here in KC.

Merry Christmas to All the Good CP fans. I'm sure Mrs Blowfish and I will renew our seats for 2009, so either GBlowfish -or in the case of zero degree weather- emergency replacement CP correspondents- can give you the closeup low down.

Stinger
12-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Kudos to the young CP guys for bucking up against the cold. Doesn't matter how many layers you have on, or pairs of socks, or hand warmers, or electric socks; if you sit in sub zero weather for four hours, you're gonna get frozen solid. The experience isn't much fun to sit through, but lots of fun to talk about afterwards. Gives you some swagger as a Chiefs fan.

Hey what about us not so young CP guys who bucked against the cold..........

Damnit Carl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss: :cuss:

I figure I have only one week left to use this phrase

:D :) :toast:

BigRedChief
12-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey what about us not so young CP guys who bucked against the cold..........

Damnit Carl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss: :cuss:

I figure I have only one week left to use this phrase

:D :) :toast:
The new years or christmas eve game against San Diego a couple of years ago when it was pouring rain but the temp was like 33 was one of the coldest ones evah.

The playoff game that I sat through in the ice storm was pretty damn cold too.

Stinger
12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
The new years or christmas eve game against San Diego a couple of years ago when it was pouring rain but the temp was like 33 was one of the coldest ones evah.

The playoff game that I sat through in the ice storm was pretty damn cold too.

You are correct ... that San Diego game sucked as the weather was concerned, but the outcome was a lot better, so didn't mind the cold a much. I remember thinking several times "Thank God for Gore-tex".

EyePod
12-22-2008, 11:35 AM

I can easily rail him as a team player, but obviously not as an individual player. It's never been about a team for him. It's always been about him. I still remember him being on the news when he was in Philly, lifting weights outside of his home. And when he desecrated the Star in SF. And when he complained McNabb. And when he complained about Garcia. This has been non-stop and I don't think he should go into the HOF because he has been such a shitty teammate. I still think he'll get in because he puts up monster stats, but he's a loudmouth baby and he's ALWAYS been a problem.

EyePod
12-22-2008, 11:40 AM

He also took responsibility for his poor decision. He talked about how he was sorry. He had a team meeting. He didn't act like it wasn't his fault. TO is a whiny little bitch who is just like a spoiled, little brat, teenager.

damaticous
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Was in section 305 from 40 mins before game till Thiggy's last int with about 30 secs left. Sun on us...didn't help. Dressed for the weather. Only Toes got cold. Took bout an hour to unfreeze.

It was a good game. Disapointing but good. Glad to see the fans that were there tried their best. ANYONE that would go to a game in that weather is going to be a die hard fan so I half way expected it to be louder than normal.

Was fun, cold, and fun. Good times.