PDA

View Full Version : Championship game "ahhhh damn"'s

Mr. Plow
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
A lot of championship games this week, sooooo...

What players on your roster did you miss big on and how did it affect your game?

My biggest one was starting Jeremy Shockey & leaving Visanthe Shiancoe on the bench. Shockey got me 3 points with 37 yards receiving & Shiancoe got me 25 points for 137 yards receiving & 2 TD's.

Currently, I'm up by 28 points, but he has Justin Tuck, Greg Jennings, & Matt Forte left....me with nothing left.

BigVE
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
At the last minute I switched Defense/ST's and my TE and it cost me 18pts. It may not cost me the championship but it made it closer than it should have been obviously.

Agent V
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM
F**k DeAngelo Williams. He just buried my team. Unless Carney kicks about five field goals or the Giants score a few touchdowns (extra points) supplemented with three or four field goals, I'm done.

And Thigpen outscored Brees. What the shit is that?

BigVE
12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
F**k DeAngelo Williams. He just buried my team. Unless Carney kicks about five field goals or the Giants score a few touchdowns (extra points) supplemented with three or four field goals, I'm done.

And Thigpen outscored Brees. What the shit is that?

Mine too in one league. Can't do anything about that. Dang.

Reaper16
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
DeAngelo slaughtered me, though my WR corps scoring a combined 6 points didn't help.

Mr. Plow
12-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I couldn't have picked a worse starting RB pair this week:

Started:
Adrian Peterson - 6.5 points
Steven Jackson - 11.0 points

On Bench:
Brandon Jacobs - 26.0 points
Chris Johnson - 12.0 points
Willis McGahee - 18.0 points

Right now, I am winning 147.5 - 124. He has Matt Forte & Greg Jennings tonight, I have nothing left.

I SHOULD be up 227.5 - 147.5 (using best lineups). If I lose the money because of stupidity I'm going to slap a midget.

luv
12-22-2008, 01:04 PM
My dad would have beat me if he had started Thigpen instead of McNabb.

jjchieffan
12-22-2008, 04:25 PM
My aaaahhhh damn was playing McNabb over Cuntler. Of course it still would not have mattered since my opponent played McNabb for 26 points, D. Williams for 34, and 16 from Dallas Clark.

Mr. Plow
12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I just wanted to say that I lost by 0.5 points. Fugg you Chicago for blocking the field goal. Forte beat me with his last catch.

KcKing
12-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I just wanted to say that I lost by 0.5 points. Fugg you Chicago for blocking the field goal. Forte beat me with his last catch.

Same here... Except I was up 1 point when Chi Blocked the kick... Forte's catch tied it... And using Yahoo's Playoff Tiebreaker, I lose because his team scored 4 touchdowns to my 3...

My downfall was actually benching Larry Johnson... Traded his 16 points for Pierre Thomas's 13... That's what pisses me off the most... Kept him on my team all year even though he was a liability... Played him the last 3 weeks, picked up Thomas on Friday, inserted him into the Starting lineup... And lose the 'ship... :shake:

Mr. Plow
12-22-2008, 10:08 PM
FUGG YOU FORTE!!! I HOPE YOU GET HERPES FROM THE CHICK YOU NAIL TONIGHT!

KcKing
12-22-2008, 10:12 PM
FUGG YOU FORTE!!! I HOPE YOU GET HERPES FROM THE CHICK YOU NAIL TONIGHT!

Alex Brown can catch the clap as well.... Kick Blockin Bastage...

patteeu
12-27-2008, 07:57 AM
My one big miss was starting Cleveland's INT-rich defense against the worst offense in the league (Cincinatti) instead of sticking with my yearlong stalwart Titans defense. I overthought things because Tennessee was playing without two of their best DLs (Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch) and they were up against Pittsburgh. Cleveland only earned me 10 pts compared to the 2nd-best-in-the-league 23pts of the Titans. Fortunately, this misstep just turned what would have been a blowout Superbowl win into a close victory.

My other team was also in a superbowl. I didn't make any bad decisions in that game except on draft day when I picked Kurt Warner, Thomas Jones, Ronnie Brown, and Andre Johnson who all choked bigtime last week. Needless to say, I got blown out in that one.

Delano
12-27-2008, 10:04 AM
My opponent was lucky and had top points in the league. LERON MCCLAIN FOR REAL YO?

If I had my ideal lineup in, I still would have lost. If I play next year my team name will be "perpetual runner up."

luv
12-27-2008, 11:06 AM
My opponent was lucky and had top points in the league. LERON MCCLAIN FOR REAL YO?

If I had my ideal lineup in, I still would have lost. If I play next year my team name will be "perpetual runner up."

The name of our league is Midwest Misfits. My dad's in another league called Playing For Second. I like that name.

Ultra Peanut
12-27-2008, 03:03 PM
DeAngelo kicked your ass. Into Tiananmen Square.

Oh yeah, motherfucker, he kicked your fuckin' derriereyeahyeahhhhhhh.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2j26uzd.jpg

Reaper16
12-28-2008, 03:08 PM
My 3 starting WR that lost me the title last week, putting up a combined 6 points, did very well today. They put up a combined 57 points today. Just my luck.