PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What Did the Jets Get for Herm -

jrowe
12-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me
Ran into Robert Wuhl the other day. You know, "Arliss.'' After browbeating me for not being a Ray Guy-for-the-Hall of Fame guy, he hit me with this: New York Jets running back Leon Washington made the Pro Bowl, which makes the Herman Edwards trade from New York to Kansas City look pretty good -- since Washington was picked with the 117th pick in the 2006 draft, the choice Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum acquired as compensation for the Chiefs' signing of Edwards to be their head coach.

I went back and checked. Sure enough, Wuhl was right. Remember at the time how the Jets got bashed for not getting enough for Edwards? I'd say Washington is plenty good: 2,187 yards from scrimmage (5.6 yards per touch from scrimmage) and 18 touchdowns in his three years as a change-of-pace back; this year, he leads all NFL players with 10 gains of more than 40 yards. In Edwards' three years, he's coached one playoff team, has a record of 15-33, and is on thin ice as the Chiefs move to replace Carl Peterson soon after the season.

"I'm happy I got here, whether it because of Herman Edwards or whatever,'' Washington said Friday. "You've got to remember -- my senior year at Florida State, I only gained 430 yards out of the backfield, and people had questions about me making the jump to the NFL. The Jets showed a lot of faith in me.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/12/21/Week16/3.html

Hoover
12-22-2008, 08:46 AM
The Jets got hosed, Brian Billick says so.

DMAC
12-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Theres one thing they got that is better than that...no Herm.

Ultra Peanut
12-22-2008, 09:38 AM
le sigh

Goapics1
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Theres one thing they got that is better than that...no Herm.

ROFL

Mr. Laz
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
gak

Simba
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
What did the Jets get for Herm? A future

blueballs
12-22-2008, 10:47 AM
The Jets are frauds
they got old Bret
and HC manboobs

Brock
12-22-2008, 10:48 AM
What did the Jets get for Herm? A future

Not really.

Rausch
12-22-2008, 10:51 AM
The Jets are frauds
they got old Bret
and HC manboobs

They'll Repeat 94 with Joe
Ride glory a week deep
Then get $#it pushed in...

Skip Towne
12-22-2008, 10:52 AM
No Herm is worth a lot. I'd chip in 10 bucks to be rid of him.

Reaper16
12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Robert Wuhl and Whitlock sat at the table next to me at Oklahoma Joe's one time.

kc rush
12-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Also from the column:

"We've had plenty of Lions and Chiefs and Raiders games, too, the last couple of years, so we know how to polish up a turd pretty good. Not everybody can do the Gints and the Cowboys and the Patriots every week.''

-- Fox play-by-play man Matt Vasgersian, asked by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch how difficult it was to do so many Rams games.

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Very happy fans

Bill Parcells
12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
The Jets are frauds
they got old Bret
and HC manboobs

You have to pretend to be something to be a fraud. the Jets are a pathetic excuse of a team with an incompetent coach an old geezer at qb.

This years collapse is monumental. :Lin:

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2008, 03:40 PM
You have to pretend to be something to be a fraud. the Jets are a pathetic excuse of a team with an incompetent coach an old geezer at qb.

This years collapse is monumental. :Lin:

If the Jets fail to make the playoffs, I've heard that Mangini and Favre are both out.

Is that what you're hearing your way?

Bill Parcells
12-22-2008, 03:49 PM
If the Jets fail to make the playoffs, I've heard that Mangini and Favre are both out.

Is that what you're hearing your way?

Favre is 50/50. I think he bought a house in NJ already. Mangini is in deep doo doo. Woody Johnson is trying to push his PSL's for next season, and this collapse will be disastrous for his business plans on the new stadium. no Jets fan in their right mind would pay a PSL to watch this garbage when you can watch it in your home and puke in your own bathroom.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I can't even kick a Jet fan when he's down
what a soft pussy

Brock
12-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Favre won't quit, where else is he going to get this much attention....

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
It's pretty bad when a coach is so bad, that losing a measly 4th for him, is a total ass rape.

Bill Parcells
12-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I can't even kick a Jet fan when he's down
what a soft pussy

Gee, a Christmas present from the village idiot. you can kick all you want.

Go fetch yourself a dime bag at the crackhouse before I get JR back here harassing your ass.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 04:02 PM
even CHiefsplanet has it's version
of the Salvation Army kettle
ding ding ding ding

Tertullian
12-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Favre is 50/50. I think he bought a house in NJ already. Mangini is in deep doo doo. Woody Johnson is trying to push his PSL's for next season, and this collapse will be disastrous for his business plans on the new stadium. no Jets fan in their right mind would pay a PSL to watch this garbage when you can watch it in your home and puke in your own bathroom.

As I was snowed in, I was able to watch the game in TV, and I must say, Mangini at times was worse than Herm. And I say this with all seriousness. Not just this game, but last four games.

There is a rumor floating around that Cowher would love to take the JETS job if it was open. This rumor got started by John Clayton from ESPN. How true? No one really knows.

But I do know that Mangini is not the answer. NY is killing Mangini after yesterday's game. I saw that the players don't have the fire or the urgency. They played without any sense of urgency. This is coaching. The rumor is Mangini has lost the respect of the players.

Tertullian
12-22-2008, 07:36 PM
There is a website for a petition to bring Cowher to the JETS. The fans are really fed up. Woody needs to step up.

www.bringcowhertony.com

I hope this comes true.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Cowher is going to get paid an insane amount of money somewhere
wonder what the odds are he can repeat -they can't be good

Marcellus
12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Cowher is going to get paid an insane amount of money somewhere
wonder what the odds are he can repeat -they can't be good

I believe that no coach has ever won the SB with 2 different teams.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Is Holmgrem the most recent to take two teams
Vermiel did it but eons apart