PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Herm Edwards is the coach of the Chiefs next year I'll.............

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
still be here. I'll root for this team, and I won't chuck Herm under the bus every time something goes wrong. I'll root for him to succeed. I'll hope he proves me, and most of you wrong. How about you? What's the fallout if he comes back?

Gunther on the other hand will be a major problem for me. Same goes for Dick Curl. At the end of the day I know these players will jump through a fire for Herm. I hope he's replaced, but I won't cry if he's not.

Mr. Plow
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
If Herm is still here, I'll still watch on TV, but not with the interest & passion I once had.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I'd be shocked

Alphaman
12-22-2008, 10:05 AM
still be here. I'll root for this team, and I won't chuck Herm under the bus every time something goes wrong. I'll root for him to succeed. I'll hope he proves me, and most of you wrong. How about you? What's the fallout if he comes back?

Gunther on the other hand will be a major problem for me. Same goes for Dick Curl. At the end of the day I know these players will jump through a fire for Herm. I hope he's replaced, but I won't cry if he's not.

I will support the team and Herm as well. I hold him to the scrutiny that he MUST make the playoffs in order to get a new contract. Failure to make the playoffs (regardless of injuries, bad calls, strike shortened season, or whatever) would mean no new deal...PERIOD!!!

wasi
12-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Yes, I will watch on Sunday Ticket again next year. As bad as this year is nothing was worse than the '07 season.

Skip Towne
12-22-2008, 10:06 AM
If Herm is still here, I'll still watch on TV, but not with the interest & passion I once had.

I won't watch on TV. CBS quits showing Chiefs games when we're shitty.

lazepoo
12-22-2008, 10:09 AM
I won't watch on TV. CBS quits showing Chiefs games when we're shitty.

I've been lucky to catch highlights here. No chance a Chiefs game gets televised unless they're on top, and I'm too broke for Sunday Ticket.

Bowser
12-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I'd be shocked

Agreed.

I'll pull for this team regardless, but I doubt if I actually go out there and support them financially much, if at all.

Bill Parcells
12-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Have something to laugh about?

Bowser
12-22-2008, 10:12 AM

"Fuckin piece of shit Jets" LMAO

Obviously, you need perspective. You want Herm back?

Bill Parcells
12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
"****in piece of shit Jets" LMAO

Obviously, you need perspective. You want Herm back?

This years collapse is of epic proportions. Herm might just be an improvement. :Lin:

morphius
12-22-2008, 10:15 AM
I'll shake my head and wait for the next GM, its become sort of a habit.

raybec 4
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I will always root for team wins and playoff wins etc. I will be shocked if they bring him back though. If the new GM allows Herm to stay it would be a poor sign for the rest of the decisions he would make for the future of the team IMO.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I will continue bashing, watching on tv and dreaming of going to arrowhead again for games...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I will continue bashing, watching on tv and dreaming of going to arrowhead again for games...

The next question is, what if Herm is fired? Will Reerun_KC ever log onto Chiefsplanet again? :D

Pestilence
12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I'll watch it just like I did this year. I'll pray that our team shows some improvement from this year to the next. If it doesn't then I know that Herm will be in his final year and we're one year away from getting a competent head coach. If we do awesome...then I will cheer for my team because we're competing.

Pestilence
12-22-2008, 10:26 AM
The next question is, what if Herm is fired? Will Reerun_KC ever log onto Chiefsplanet again? :D

I have a feeling that if Herm is fired.....that Reerun_KC's wife will be a very sore woman.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
If I lived in KC I would be a season ticket holder. Carl would've loved me because I wouldn't be going anywhere. Maybe it's easier to say that from 2000 miles away and never having had the opportunity to attend a game. I don't think so though.

I started really following this team in 1992 when I was able to go to the sports bar every week to watch them at the tender age of 15. Before that all I could do is read the box scores and watch for highlights on Sportscenter. In the last 16 years though, I can count on one hand how many games I've missed.

If I lived in KC, I would be there. Every week, win or lose.

Pestilence
12-22-2008, 10:30 AM
If I lived in KC I would be a season ticket holder. Carl would've loved me because I wouldn't be going anywhere. Maybe it's easier to say that from 2000 miles away and never having had the opportunity to attend a game. I don't think so though.

I started really following this team in 1992 when I was able to go to the sports bar every week to watch them at the tender age of 15. Before that all I could do is read the box scores and watch for highlights on Sportscenter. In the last 16 years though, I can count on one hand how many games I've missed.

If I lived in KC, I would be there. Every week, win or lose.

This for me too. Since I'm up in Cali....the only chance I get to see them is when they play the Raiders in Oakland....and the off chance that we play the 49ers in SF. I've been a fan since 93 and if I lived in KC.....I would probably be a season ticket holder.

FWIW....I am planning a trip next year to come out and see my first Chief's home game.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 10:31 AM

:clap:

Who knows, but I know one thing, I will be excited as hell for the offseason, will get back to discussion the players, FA and reading up on all the draft picks come up.. It will be like Christmas all over again, win or lose... Just for the simple fact that we would be actually trying to rebuild a team into a championship team... Unlike this crap we are doing now.

I will start drinking the NEW GM and HC kool-aid and enjoying the new "fresh" direction of the franchise... Mr FloppyNuts, it would be like a dream come true.

Then again if we hire Marty or Cowher in order to keep the quest of mediocrity alive and the true fans happy... At that point I might log in from time to time, but the fan in me will most likely be dead...........

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I have a feeling that if Herm is fired.....that Reerun_KC's wife will be a very sore woman.

ROFL

Oh Dear God man that was funny!!!!

Rep to you!

Mr. Plow
12-22-2008, 10:34 AM

I really really hate you.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I will always root for team wins and playoff wins etc. I will be shocked if they bring him back though. If the new GM allows Herm to stay it would be a poor sign for the rest of the decisions he would make for the future of the team IMO.

Nope. It will give the new GM a full year to assess the team before he hires the next coach.

Mr. Plow
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM

Reerun: Say it to me baby.
Reerun wife: No. I'm not saying that.
Reerun: Please, just say it once.
Reerun wife: Why?
Reerun: You know I love it when you say it.
Reerun wife: Ok.....Herm Edwards is no longer the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Reerun: OH YA BABY!11!1! THAT'S THE TICKET!!

RedThat
12-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I'll be disappointed. I wont have the enthusium or joy to look forward to watching the games on Sundays. It'll be like, "eh, Herm is the coach I know what to expect anyways?"

there would be no thrill, excitement and it would actually be boring and insane. There would be no meaning. There needs to be change and something to look forward to.

The only good feeling if Herm was here next year, would be to post on Chiefsplanet and share the frustration and anger to relate to the fans in what we'd go through.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Nope. It will give the new GM a full year to assess the team before he hires the next coach.

ROFL

When Herm leaves will you follow?s

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
I would be extremely pissed, and it would not be easy to want Herm to succeed to the point of getting an extension. I do not, under any circumstances, think that Herm can win a SB. Why wait to replace him?

Deberg_1990
12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
19- 44 over the past 4 seasons. Thats the bottom line.

I see no reason to bring him back. None.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Reerun: Say it to me baby.
Reerun wife: No. I'm not saying that.
Reerun: Please, just say it once.
Reerun wife: Why?
Reerun: You know I love it when you say it.
Reerun wife: Ok.....Herm Edwards is no longer the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Reerun: OH YA BABY!11!1! THAT'S THE TICKET!!

:eek:

ROFL

Have you been spying on me?

ROFL

Perfect my friend, Perfect!

Bowser
12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
19- 44 over the past 4 seasons. Thats the bottom line.

I see no reason to bring him back. None.

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 10:45 AM

He will have this entire season on tape to evaluate our talent, or lack there of. There is no reason to WASTE another season with Herm at the helm.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 10:49 AM
He will have this entire season on tape to evaluate our talent, or lack there of. There is no reason to WASTE another season with Herm at the helm.

It wont take him long to decide, say week 2 when Herm and Gailey thought it would of been a great idea to run the option with Marcus Hagans... Followed by giving up 300 yards rushing at HOME to the Raiders...

A NFL GM wont have to waste much time in making this evaluation of Herm....

Brock
12-22-2008, 10:52 AM
There's nothing to evaluate. He's been routinely outcoached, again and again, since he's been here.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 10:52 AM

That's pretty much the way I look at it. If Herm is retained, it won't be with an extension. He'll have 09 to make the playoffs. If he does, he'll be back. If not, the new GM will know exactly what he's working with and will assemble the additional pieces he feels he needs to go to the next level.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Herm deserves at least 5 more seasons to develop his program.

Detoxing
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't have a problem with Herm. He's changed because he had to, but at least he changed. If Herm can be a Tony Dungy type of coach great. Keep Chan Gailey, he turned this O around. Gun HAS to go. Dick-Curl has to go. Im fine with him leaving too though.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Herm deserves at least 5 more seasons to develop his program.

I'm really not for bringing the guy back. But at the end of the day for me, Carl Peterson is gone. Change is coming to KC, if Herm is around for 1 more year, it's really not going to burst my bubble. I'm satisfied at this point. 1 more season of Herm isn't the end of the world IMO. It's not good, and I hope he's replaced. I'll deal with it either way though.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't have a problem with Herm. He's changed because he had to, but at least he changed. If Herm can be a Tony Dungy type of coach great. Keep Chan Gailey, he turned this O around. Gun HAS to go. Dick-Curl has to go. Im fine with him leaving too though.

Yeah. This.

the Talking Can
12-22-2008, 11:19 AM
i'll shoot myself in the face....for like the 100th time

EyePod
12-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I'll be disappointed unless we win a SB.

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2008, 11:35 AM
i'll shoot myself in the face....for like the 100th time

I'll shoot can in the face

kc rush
12-22-2008, 11:36 AM

If Herm was going into his 3rd year as a head coach, maybe. He has a long track record with two teams now, there isn't much to evaluate. Herm is a known entity, and based on his success to failure ratio he shouldn't be the head coach of the Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I'll shoot can in the face

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS) With your trusty slingshot?

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7921)

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm really not for bringing the guy back. But at the end of the day for me, Carl Peterson is gone. Change is coming to KC, if Herm is around for 1 more year, it's really not going to burst my bubble. I'm satisfied at this point. 1 more season of Herm isn't the end of the world IMO. It's not good, and I hope he's replaced. I'll deal with it either way though.

I understand what you're saying. You're not going to freak out, and, frankly, I won't either. I don't care enough to worry too much.

But almost all posters are in agreement about one thing: Herm isn't a SB caliber coach.

And really, that's all we need to know. As soon as one arrives at this conclusion, it's time to look for another HC.

raybec 4
12-22-2008, 11:47 AM

So you are working under the assumption that the new GM will be denied access to tape of Herm's last 3 years, or is he just going to be too stupid to see what a complete goat-rope Herm has turned the team into?

Otter
12-22-2008, 12:20 PM
...do the same thing I did this year. Absolutely nothing to support the team.

crazycoffey
12-22-2008, 12:46 PM
not overly surprised, not overly disappointed.

Gun and Krummie would be a big surprise if they were still here

and Gailey, not overly surpised if he was still here

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 01:05 PM
not overly surprised, not overly disappointed.

Gun and Krummie would be a big surprise if they were still here

and Gailey, not overly surpised if he was still here

I hope we keep Chan. Unlike Casey Printers, he didn't complain about having to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Frosty
12-22-2008, 02:29 PM
If Herm is back next year, I'll be extremely disappointed and very leery that the new GM will result in any kind of change.

That said, the only thing that would make it even remotely bearable would be for Gunther and Krumrie to be replaced.

talastan
12-22-2008, 02:48 PM
As long as Gunther and Krumrie are gone I'll deal with whatever happens to Herm, short of a five year extension.

Fritz88
12-22-2008, 02:57 PM
i'll root for the fuker

blueballs
12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Herm takes over teams with a winning record
and they recede each following year
except for a one season surge then plummet the next