PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Take a QB in the 1st round next year?

Alphaman
12-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Said Dolphins LB Akin Ayodele of Thigpen, who finished with 320 yards passing, “I like him. He’s an athletic quarterback. Brodie Croyle is going to watch his back next year. There’s going to be a battle for the starting position.”

When the opposition starts to give your young QB props, you have to a moment to really consider if you need to look for his replacement. I'd really try to get Rich Gannon to come in this offseason as a consultant and work with Thigpen for a few weeks. I'd ask him to go over film and work with him on the field to work through the nuances of the game, particularly executing the boot which Thigpen hasn't mastered yet.

eazyb81
12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Thiggy's future with us is going to depend on who the offensive coordinator is. I doubt Gailey is back just because I think a new GM will want to hire his own coaches.

Thigpen's strengths might not be the strengths the new offensive coordinator looks for in a QB, and he may want more of a traditional guy and/or want to build from scratch with a new QB he can mold into a star.

Alphaman
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Thiggy's future with us is going to depend on who the offensive coordinator is. I doubt Gailey is back just because I think a new GM will want to hire his own coaches.

Thigpen's strengths might not be the strengths the new offensive coordinator looks for in a QB, and he may want more of a traditional guy and/or want to build from scratch with a new QB he can mold into a star.

I agree with you. I just question if it is the right move.

Dicky McElephant
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Brody Croyle needs to watch his back? If we go into camp next year with a battle at the QB position between Thigpen and Croyle.....I'll be pissed. Croyle has proven that he doesn't deserve a spot in the battle.

Alphaman
12-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Brody Croyle needs to watch his back? If we go into camp next year with a battle at the QB position between Thigpen and Croyle.....I'll be pissed. Croyle has proven that he doesn't deserve a spot in the battle.

Agreed. The Dolphins guy doesn't know that Croyle is done in KC. His thoughts on Thigpen, the QB he actually played against, are very interesting though.

SPATCH
12-22-2008, 11:37 AM
the QB class is not strong enough this year... I don't like stafford as much as a lot of other people do. Although, if we drafted bradford, you wouldn't hear me complain too much.

but I say OL/DL for the first pick

Priest4Prez
12-22-2008, 11:46 AM
the QB class is not strong enough this year... I don't like stafford as much as a lot of other people do. Although, if we drafted bradford, you wouldn't hear me complain too much.

I think we should trade down and get a WR and OL in the middle of the first round. A QBOTF is useless without a solid supporting cast.

The real story of the nite was the offensive line. Albert was amazing. Even when he missed a block (Thigpen's TD run) he would recover and seal. Waters was driving guys 10 yards backwards with ease and...

How about Damien McInosh (i'm sorry for spelling it wrong) with 2 pancakes on the same play???? That was awesome, and very rare to see from that guy. He usually can't block to save his life

CoMoChief
12-22-2008, 11:49 AM
I think we should trade down and get a WR and OL in the middle of the first round. A QBOTF is useless without a solid supporting cast.

The real story of the nite was the offensive line. Albert was amazing. Even when he missed a block (Thigpen's TD run) he would recover and seal. Waters was driving guys 10 yards backwards with ease and...

How about Damien McInosh (i'm sorry for spelling it wrong) with 2 pancakes on the same play???? That was awesome, and very rare to see from that guy. He usually can't block to save his life

If we draft a WR with our first pick Im going to shoot someone.

DT58HOF
12-22-2008, 11:55 AM
well some people on ESPN say Tebow is a 3rd rounder, maybe we can get WR Crabtree from Texas Tech and a lineman and pickup Tebow in the 3rd and run this goofy offense with Tebow and Thiggy,lol
im sold on Bradford,im sold on Crabtree at WR im also sold on Harrel from Texas Tech,spelling might be wrong also i think our franchise QB is just a small trade away in Colt Brennan, i prefer Quinn but Brennan can be had for a cheaper price maybe a way to let LJ go???

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:55 AM
IF the New GM, HC and OC want to build a franchise around a 1st round QB, then so be it... I dont think they have to build it around Thigpen if they dont seem fit. I would like to see them allow them to battle it out in training camp. But if they want to scap this whole gimmic offense and install a pro style offense with a mix of the spread, then fine..

But to sit here and speculate when we dont even know whom the GM or staff is going to be is just silly... Its more of a pissing match between the 1st round QB fans and the Thigpen fans....

Which I am sure we will have plenty of pissing and moaning until the draft about Thigpen and his lack of anything that resembles accuracy...

DaKCMan AP
12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
well some people on ESPN say Tebow is a 3rd rounder, maybe we can get WR Crabtree from Texas Tech and a lineman and pickup Tebow in the 3rd and run this goofy offense with Tebow and Thiggy,lol
im sold on Bradford,im sold on Crabtree at WR im also sold on Harrel from Texas Tech,spelling might be wrong also i think our franchise QB is just a small trade away in Colt Brennan, i prefer Quinn but Brennan can be had for a cheaper price maybe a way to let LJ go???

:stupid:

Wow... just wow.

BigCatDaddy
12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't see much of a difference between Stafford, Bradford, Sanchez and Tebow. I say draft 1 of them at the top of the 2nd as I doubt all four will be picked by then.

Micjones
12-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I might draft a QB, but I wouldn't go there with my #1.

Priest4Prez
12-22-2008, 12:03 PM
If we draft a WR with our first pick Im going to shoot someone.

Nobody wants to waste a No. 2 pick in the 1st round on a WR, but we need to trade down and get a few mid first round players to fill gaps on the OL, DL, and get that third threat at WR

SPATCH
12-22-2008, 12:03 PM

any shred of credibility that u had before is now lost

SPATCH
12-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't see much of a difference between Stafford, Bradford, Sanchez and Tebow. I say draft 1 of them at the top of the 2nd as I doubt all four will be picked by then.

tebow won't be a quarterback in the NFL.... he's most likely going to be a Chris Cooley type.

If the chiefs draft him as a QBOTF i'm going to start cutting my wrists....

Alphaman
12-22-2008, 12:06 PM
IF the New GM, HC and OC want to build a franchise around a 1st round QB, then so be it... I dont think they have to build it around Thigpen if they dont seem fit. I would like to see them allow them to battle it out in training camp. But if they want to scap this whole gimmic offense and install a pro style offense with a mix of the spread, then fine..

But to sit here and speculate when we dont even know whom the GM or staff is going to be is just silly... Its more of a pissing match between the 1st round QB fans and the Thigpen fans....

Which I am sure we will have plenty of pissing and moaning until the draft about Thigpen and his lack of anything that resembles accuracy...

I guess I'm in both. I really like Bradford and would be good with taking him. I'm also a fan of trading down and taking a MLB, OLB or DE in the first.

Priest4Prez
12-22-2008, 12:07 PM
any shred of credibility that u had before is now lost

If we are taking any QB named Colt, it better be Colt McCoy next year. but it all really depends on who the GM is, who the new HC is, ect.. I hope that Cowher gets the GM/HC/Prez like Mike Holmgrem. That would also change our draft. The chiefs have so many holes to fill that the draft could go any way

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:09 PM

Recent history says that isn't a good plan.

BigCatDaddy
12-22-2008, 12:09 PM
tebow won't be a quarterback in the NFL.... he's most likely going to be a Chris Cooley type.

If the chiefs draft him as a QBOTF i'm going to start cutting my wrists....

He throws too well and is too good of a leader to not get a shot at QB in the league.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Tebow has a horrendous throwing motion and plays in a run based spread option offense...please don't get enamored with college stats or mobile QB's.

BigCatDaddy
12-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Recent history says that isn't a good plan.

Chiefs history?

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 12:11 PM

Some people say that lizard-people exist on earth in an intra-dimensional way that is naked to the human eye, but I don't take them seriously.

Care to guess what else I'll not be taking seriously in this thread?:evil:

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Chiefs history?

Recent NFL history...who's the last 2nd or 3rd round pick that succeeded at QB?

The answer is Drew Brees but the pick he was taken at is a 1st round pick now, so I'm not even sure that should count and if you don't count him it goes back a long way.

BigCatDaddy
12-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Tebow has a horrendous throwing motion and plays in a run based spread option offense...please don't get enamored with college stats or mobile QB's.

I don't care if it's pretty, just complete it. I don't love the guy as our next QB, but I'm not down on him like some people are. If he test out well, I would spend a 2nd.

lazepoo
12-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Some people say that lizard-people exist on earth in an intra-dimensional way that is naked to the human eye, but I don't take them seriously.

Care to guess what else I'll not be taking seriously in this thread?:evil:

Lizard People were on the ballot here. They should be taken seriously.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't care if it's pretty, just complete it. I don't love the guy as our next QB, but I'm not down on him like some people are. If he test out well, I would spend a 2nd.

He's every bit as big of a project as Thigpen is......bad throwing mechanics, shotgun all the time, spread run based option at that...

It's just not a good idea.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 12:18 PM
As long as Herm is fired I will put my trust in the new GM and HC to make the decision on the QB position and all of the other positions. I am not going to cry and whine like others if I perceive them to make a mistake at least for the first year or so. We have to give them time to rebuild this team and that is going to require some patience to undue the cluster fuck that Carl and Herm have left behind.

BigCatDaddy
12-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Recent NFL history...who's the last 2nd or 3rd round pick that succeeded at QB?

The answer is Drew Brees but the pick he was taken at is a 1st round pick now, so I'm not even sure that should count and if you don't count him it goes back a long way.

True, the odds are better in round 1 as about half the starting QB's in the league are former 1st rounders, but it can be done other ways.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:19 PM
As long as Herm is fired I will put my trust in the new GM and HC to make the decision on the QB position and all of the other positions. I am not going to cry and whine like others if I perceive them to make a mistake at least for the first year or so. We have to give them time to rebuild this team and that is going to require some patience to undue the cluster fuck that Carl and Herm have left behind.

Well maybe they'll actually put players in a position to play to their strengths unlike this current staff.

Priest4Prez
12-22-2008, 12:20 PM

WOW. Seriously what is the point of drafting Tebow when we already have Thigpen who has proven himself as a starter, than waste a pick on another spread option QB. I would rather see the chiefs draft a tight end than another spread option qb... dumb idea

Mecca
True, the odds are better in round 1 as about half the starting QB's in the league are former 1st rounders, but it can be done other ways.

Right now it seems to either be 1st rounder or some straight up luck move, there are more successful 6th rounders than 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Mecca
WOW. Seriously what is the point of drafting Tebow when we already have Thigpen who has proven himself as a starter, than waste a pick on another spread option QB. I would rather see the chiefs draft a tight end than another spread option qb... dumb idea

Well Tebow could probably be a tight end he's about as big as Gonzalez is.

BigCatDaddy
He's every bit as big of a project as Thigpen is......bad throwing mechanics, shotgun all the time, spread run based option at that...

I think he is a much more accurate QB then Thiggy.

eazyb81
12-22-2008, 12:21 PM
He throws too well and is too good of a leader to not get a shot at QB in the league.

I'm not sure you'd find many people that would agree with you on this. He has awful mechanics and takes all day to release the ball.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:22 PM
I think he is a much more accurate QB then Thiggy.

That wouldn't be saying much and that's pretty debatable when you realize what system he's in.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Well maybe they'll actually put players in a position to play to their strengths unlike this current staff.

I am counting on it.

As far as the QB position goes if they chose Thigpen that is fine but if they decide to draft a QB that is fine as well. I think we all need to get behind whatever decisions they make for the first year or so and put our trust in their decisions.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I think my favorite story was I flipped on 810 and Petro said Gunther was going off on Pollard who responded "I don't know what the hell you want me to do anyway"

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 12:25 PM
I think my favorite story was I flipped on 810 and Petro said Gunther was going off on Pollard who responded "I don't know what the hell you want me to do anyway"

Damn! Sorry I missed THAT. That's premium popcorn!

BigCatDaddy
12-22-2008, 12:25 PM
That wouldn't be saying much and that's pretty debatable when you realize what system he's in.

So do you think Sanchez will be there at 34?

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 12:26 PM

LMAO

When was that?

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2008, 12:27 PM
As long as Herm is fired I will put my trust in the new GM and HC to make the decision on the QB position and all of the other positions. I am not going to cry and whine like others if I perceive them to make a mistake at least for the first year or so. We have to give them time to rebuild this team and that is going to require some patience to undue the cluster **** that Carl and Herm have left behind.

I agree. I will become the new senisblechiefsfan and bury my head in the sand and tell the rest of the board to shut up and keep thier mouth shut. You have to give the new GM and coach some time.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:28 PM
LMAO

When was that?

It was at around 11:30 this morning, he said they've been asking Pollard to do shit he can't do for years. And Gunther was dropping a bunch of MF's on him just going off and his response was that.

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Yeah, Mecca; fill us in. If Mark declares, where does he fall and what are our chances of picking him up if Detroit takes Matt?

Alphaman
12-22-2008, 12:29 PM

I don't because I don't think Sanchez comes out. I think he stays for his senior year. I actually think Bradford my stay in as well.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 12:30 PM
It was at around 11:30 this morning, he said they've been asking Pollard to do shit he can't do for years. And Gunther was dropping a bunch of MF's on him just going off and his response was that.

LMAO

I don't know who is more pathetic Gun or Pollard.

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 12:31 PM

I'll tell you right now; Gun, and that other god damned motor-mouth need to be shown the door.

That other guy is even more obnoxious than Gun. As a player, I would get tired of that motherfucker very, very quickly.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:31 PM
LMAO

It's partially Chiefs stubborness did you know that Pollard is as big as the Colts LB's? This staff has no idea how to put players in positions to play to their strengths, Pollard is not good in coverage yet they ask him to do that all the time..how's this make sense?

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:32 PM

He wouldn't last that long if he declared but if he got 2nd round he isn't coming out because he could be the 1st pick next year.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 12:33 PM
So tell me folks, will this place meltdown if the new GM and staff decide that Thigpen is nothing more than a backup and they want to draft what they feel the the BEST QB for thier system and develop him?

I know there are alot of folks here wanting Thigpen to succeed and wanting to have his childern... I am just curious what people are going to do...

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 12:34 PM
It's partially Chiefs stubborness did you know that Pollard is as big as the Colts LB's? This staff has no idea how to put players in positions to play to their strengths, Pollard is not good in coverage yet they ask him to do that all the time..how's this make sense?

I have always thought that Pollard would make a decent LB....

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:35 PM
So tell me folks, will this place meltdown if the new GM and staff decide that Thigpen is nothing more than a backup and they want to draft what they feel the the BEST QB for thier system and develop him?

I know there are alot of folks here wanting Thigpen to succeed and wanting to have his childern... I am just curious what people are going to do...

I've brought this up...there's going to be some serious humor in a few months. The day Herm and his staff is fired is the day Thigpens future takes a serious hit.

suds79
12-22-2008, 12:36 PM

Are you serious?

Well I'm not one of those people. I'll be pumped that they'd have the balls to make that pick.

I like Tyler as our backup (and starter to bridge the gap for the roookie next year). He has some tools but has a completely unorthodox system adapted to him because he's not good in a normal set.... What's that tell you about him?

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 12:36 PM

It doesn't make sense that is why they all need to be shit canned.

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 12:37 PM

There'll be some Homer-Meltdown for sure, but most informed fans will be pleased.

Depending upon who the New Crew decide to draft.
Now THERE will be your melt-down.

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2008, 12:37 PM

I am leaving it up to the new GM and new coach. What ever they say.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 12:38 PM

I stated this earlier in this thread I am going to put my full trust in the new GM and HC.

You know the same question could be put to the other side as well. What if they pass on a QB in the draft and have Thigpen as the franchise QB? What will those people do?

I imagine it won't be pretty.

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
I have always thought that Pollard would make a decent LB....

A guy who takes shitty angles, and has no idea how to wrap up a ball carrier should not be a LB. I think he should be our backup SS.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Are you serious?

Well I'm not one of those people. I'll be pumped that they'd have the balls to make that pick.

I like Tyler as our backup (and starter to bridge the gap for the roookie next year). He has some tools but has a completely unorthodox system adapted to him because he's not good in a normal set.... What's that tell you about him?

Yeah suds I am serious and it was a serious question.. I have been a member here long enough to know how this place operates...

I just wanted to see whom was going to meltdown when/if a 1st round QB is picked and Thigpen is sent either packing or to the bench...

I appreciate Thigpen and all he has done, but your not going to win a superbowl with a qb as inaccurate as he is...

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
A guy who takes shitty angles, and has no idea how to wrap up a ball carrier should not be a LB. I think he should be our backup SS.

That's the difference between us and a team like the Colts, they can teach a guy to improve at those things, our guys never get better.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM

Far enough, It just seemed that he would be better suited there... This would of been a good year to try him out there and see if he could of been coached up to be a productive player...

But then again that was asking to much by the coaching staff...

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I've brought this up...there's going to be some serious humor in a few months. The day Herm and his staff is fired is the day Thigpens future takes a serious hit.

I agree, I am not saying the kid cant be an asset to the team... Heck maybe he could even be used as a Wes Welker type of player on 3rd downs?

Just a thought?

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I stated this earlier in this thread I am going to put my full trust in the new GM and HC.

You know the same question could be put to the other side as well. What if they pass on a QB in the draft and have Thigpen as the franchise QB? What will those people do?

If we pass on Stafford or Bradford it will be a huge mistake. The offer that the Vikes made for Quinn is a good indication that we could get good value for either of them if Thiggy turns out to be "the guy".

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
If we pass on Stafford or Bradford it will be a huge mistake. The offer that the Vikes made for Quinn is a good indication that we could get good value for either of them if Thiggy turns out to be "the guy".

I would agree with you if we pass on Stafford I am not sold on Bradford at all.

I think CP would melt down more if they passed on one of them compared to if they drafted one of them and let Thigpen be the backup or cut Thigpen.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Bradford probably isn't a good idea for us unless we are going to be a ball controlled short passing team, in this environment when December rolls around his ball would die in the cold.

ChiefsCountry
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I really dont get lets not draft one in the 1st, lets get one in the 2nd crowd. Only two 2nd QBs have ever won the Super Bowl and one of them was traded for a 1st. You can get franchise defensive players later in the draft than a franchise qb. Its basically proven over time.

Chiefnj2
12-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Bradford probably isn't a good idea for us unless we are going to be a ball controlled short passing team, in this environment when December rolls around his ball would die in the cold.

Tom Brady was considered to have a weak arm, but he's found a way to sling the ball around the NE cold and wind.

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 01:11 PM
I would agree with you if we pass on Stafford I am not sold on Bradford at all.

I think CP would melt down more if they passed on one of them compared to if they drafted one of them and let Thigpen be the backup or cut Thigpen.

I agree completely. I included Bradford because some people are enamored with him. I am not, and wouldn't be upset if we passed on him as I said I would. But if we pass on Stafford, I will lose it. I'm not Ms. Cleo, but I think Stafford is going to be a great pro, and with the weapons we have, I think he could turn out to be the best QB the Chiefs have had in Since Lenny.

eazyb81
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Tom Brady was considered to have a weak arm, but he's found a way to sling the ball around the NE cold and wind.

Mecca has trouble understanding that there is a middle ground between a bazooka for an arm like JaMarcus Russell and a noodle arm like Pennington.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 01:14 PM

Tom Brady is 40lbs heavier today than he was on draft day....

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 01:16 PM

Bradford is going to have to put on weight, too, or he's going to be Croyle v.2.

Stryker
12-22-2008, 01:19 PM

the Tuck rule?

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I really dont get lets not draft one in the 1st, lets get one in the 2nd crowd. Only two 2nd QBs have ever won the Super Bowl and one of them was traded for a 1st. You can get franchise defensive players later in the draft than a franchise qb. Its basically proven over time.

This is a fact. The #s don't lie. Sure there's been a couple QBs found later in the draft, but it is such a longshot.

Chiefnj2
12-22-2008, 01:43 PM

Brady now weighs in at 250lbs?

HemiEd
12-22-2008, 02:02 PM

Didn't Archie Manning have one more son?

HemiEd
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
LMAO

There is hope for Pollard.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Brady now weighs in at 250lbs?

If you weren't aware Tom Brady weighed about 185lbs on draft day, if he had been bigger he probably would have gone higher.

OnTheWarpath58
12-22-2008, 02:20 PM
If you weren't aware Tom Brady weighed about 185lbs on draft day, if he had been bigger he probably would have gone higher.

Boy, he lost a lot of weight between the combine and draft day then...

Here's a picture of him at the combine - with his height (top number) and weight (bottom number) written on a greaseboard.

211 is quite a difference from 185.

Brock
12-22-2008, 02:22 PM

Here's a picture of him at the combine - with his height (top number) and weight (bottom number) written on a greaseboard.

OWNED

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 02:31 PM

I never thought of it that way! Even if you don't want him, grab him anyway for the value; good show, and something no one ever brings up.

REP!

I agree completely. I included Bradford because some people are enamored with him. I am not, and wouldn't be upset if we passed on him as I said I would. But if we pass on Stafford, I will lose it. I'm not Ms. Cleo, but I think Stafford is going to be a great pro, and with the weapons we have, I think he could turn out to be the best QB the Chiefs have had in Since Lenny.

Meeeeeeeeee NEITHER !

Agreed. At this point, it's Matt and Matt only. If Mark declares; even better.

DCS suspects that you are, in fact, Ms. Cleo, and DCS wants his Pick 3 numbers immediately! :D

Bradford is going to have to put on weight, too, or he's going to be Croyle v.2.

Exactly, and that's been my knock on that kid and McCoy too since day one.
I've already suffered through a skinny, bag-o-bones with a supposed "great arm who holds all the passing records at blah blah blah", and so on and so forth.
DCS says:
PASS!!!!

eazyb81
12-22-2008, 02:31 PM

ROFL

My God mecca, when are you going to learn to stop making up lies to support your argument?

You have some interesting thoughts at times, but you lose all credibility when you go back to lying.

OnTheWarpath58
12-22-2008, 03:26 PM
ROFL

My God mecca, when are you going to learn to stop making up lies to support your argument?

You have some interesting thoughts at times, but you lose all credibility when you go back to lying.

googlegoogle
12-22-2008, 04:07 PM

never try and make a career change to nfl scout.

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Ha HA ! Hell Mecca, if you don't have any evidence to support your argument, just make shit up. It works for Chiefzilla.

googlegoogle
12-22-2008, 04:19 PM
:doh!:
thats ridiculous. Huge differences.

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 04:20 PM
thats ridiculous. Huge differences.

Yeah, I'd say so.

OnTheWarpath58
12-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Ha HA ! Hell Mecca, if you don't have any evidence to support your argument, just make shit up. It works for Chiefzilla.

Typical.

My favorite is when he says "All these people who say X, Y and Z..."

Then you ask him to find one post of somewhat saying X, Y and Z, and he disappears from the thread.

Just like he did on this one when his hand was caught in the cookie jar...

JASONSAUTO
12-22-2008, 06:41 PM

once again lying, ROFL

bowener
12-22-2008, 06:49 PM

Is that a boodle arm? Or possibly a noodzoka? Kind of like a boogle mix breed dog?

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Is that a boodle arm? Or possibly a noodzoka? Kind of like a boogle mix breed dog?

It looks like "select your gas station attendant"-day to me...:spock::evil:

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 07:11 PM

:shake:

Dang. Smoked.

The 185 mark just sounded like bullshit, huh?

Mecca
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Sure I got that wrong, just like other people get things wrong at times it happens. He obviously was not a big guy look at the picture you posted...

I don't really have any issues saying I quickly threw out a number I thought was close.

Fruit Ninja
12-22-2008, 10:18 PM
:stupid:

Wow... just wow.

Yep, we need Defense, Defense, Defense

KChiefs1
12-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Not going all Whitlock here but I'm starting to like the sound of this Nate Davis. If the Chiefs can get him with their 3rd round pick I'd be ecstatic.

Nate Davis Profile:

Nate Davis, QB, Ball State

Davis (the son of Bellaire, Ohio) is probably the next best QB to come out of the small school ranks. He started seven of twelve games as a true freshman in 2006, while completing 150 out of 245 passes for 1,975 yards with 18 TD and 8 INT. In 2007, Davis posted 3,667 yards worth of passing on 270 out of 478 attempts with 30 TD and just 6 INT -- he played his best against the best. Against the once powerful Nebraska Blackshirt defense, Davis took them for 422 yards and three TD. He was named the teams' Most Valuable Player after the season.

Davis has it all. A big frame, powerful arm, and accuracy to go along with them. He is athletic enough to buy time with his leg, and he goes through his progressions with relative ease. Check his second and third options rather regularly. He is a leader who takes command of the huddle. However, he lacks experience, his throwing motion needs refinement and his footwork needs more development.

Davis, a junior, is a rare physical specimen. He is a true NFL product. If he declares, and all indications points towards that, he would be highly sought after by many teams.

He is a second round talent who, with a great last two months of the season, could sneak into the later stages of the first round. Davis will be a starter in the NFL by 2010.

OnTheWarpath58
12-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Not going all Whitlock here but I'm starting to like the sound of this Nate Davis. If the Chiefs can get him with their 3rd round pick I'd be ecstatic.

Nate Davis Profile:

Nate Davis, QB, Ball State

Davis (the son of Bellaire, Ohio) is probably the next best QB to come out of the small school ranks. He started seven of twelve games as a true freshman in 2006, while completing 150 out of 245 passes for 1,975 yards with 18 TD and 8 INT. In 2007, Davis posted 3,667 yards worth of passing on 270 out of 478 attempts with 30 TD and just 6 INT -- he played his best against the best. Against the once powerful Nebraska Blackshirt defense, Davis took them for 422 yards and three TD. He was named the teams' Most Valuable Player after the season.

Davis has it all. A big frame, powerful arm, and accuracy to go along with them. He is athletic enough to buy time with his leg, and he goes through his progressions with relative ease. Check his second and third options rather regularly. He is a leader who takes command of the huddle. However, he lacks experience, his throwing motion needs refinement and his footwork needs more development.

Davis, a junior, is a rare physical specimen. He is a true NFL product. If he declares, and all indications points towards that, he would be highly sought after by many teams.

He is a second round talent who, with a great last two months of the season, could sneak into the later stages of the first round. Davis will be a starter in the NFL by 2010.

Davis decided over 3 weeks ago to return to Ball State for his senior season.

Possibility he changes his mind with the recent coaching change.

KChiefs1
12-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Davis lost his coach...I believe he will change.

milkman
12-22-2008, 10:39 PM

I did not really believe that it was humanly possible to be this stupid.

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 10:43 PM

I'm off to the film room, but feel free in my absence to start laying the ground work for a case, so Mr. Davis can enter the Insane Asylum with quality representation.

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 10:51 PM

We are absolutely stacked to the rafters on this one, as you can clearly see.

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 11:30 PM

Well, the initial observation breaks down as follows:

His control of the pocket and peripheral vision are very good; he tends to lead more than he get's forced.

His ability to make hay on the move is outstanding.

His passes/spirals are anything but pretty, but they're quick and they find their target more often than not.
Current ESPN stats show him at a 66% completion rate.

There's not a lot of quality footage on Davis, but even if you watch the opposing teams highlights of Davis getting trucked( I could only find one, which is a good thing ), it's very apparent that the kid is tough and does not fold.
A good showing at the Combine could change the landscape for Nate in a big way.

RustShack
12-22-2008, 11:37 PM

ROFL

RustShack
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM

RUSH
12-23-2008, 12:05 AM
If Detroit passes on Stafford then pick him. If they don't pass on him then go OT. Hopefully we get the 2nd pick and Smith is there, he would make a great RT. I don't think the DE's are good enough for a top 3 pick.

KCrockaholic
12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
All this Tebow talk makes me wonder if he could be a good fullback one day? prefect size for a FB, but does he have the mentality or will for it? I know hes damn tough, but i dont see him becoming a good QB either.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 01:11 AM
If Detroit passes on Stafford then pick him. If they don't pass on him then go OT. Hopefully we get the 2nd pick and Smith is there, he would make a great RT. I don't think the DE's are good enough for a top 3 pick.

You don't use top 5 picks on right tackles....it's a retarded idea and retarded to even bring up.

RUSH
12-23-2008, 01:24 AM
You don't use top 5 picks on right tackles....it's a retarded idea and retarded to even bring up.

I'm guessing your the resident asshole around here? You could have respectively disagreed and gave reasons why. But I guess there's always got to be one on every board. I'm not the one who makes up lies to back up their points, so you should be the last person throwing the "retarded" word around.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm guessing your the resident asshole around here? You could have respectively disagreed and gave reasons why. But I guess there's always got to be one on every board. I'm not the one who makes up lies to back up their points, so you should be the last person throwing the "retarded" word around.

It's been discussed 852 times I lose my patience after the 100th time.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 01:30 AM
I haven't read through this, but is someone talking about using a first round pick(top three for that matter) on a RT again?

ROFL

RustShack
12-23-2008, 01:32 AM

Let me get this straight, a RT is worth a top three pick but a RE(one of the most important positions on a defense) isn't?

Mecca
12-23-2008, 01:35 AM

Let me get this straight, a RT is worth a top three pick but a RE(one of the most important positions on a defense) isn't?

Look I understand at times positional value can be overrated but if the guy was a OT worth a top 5 pick guess what...he's a LT.

If you don't like the DE's please pick another position, you'd be better off with Taylor Mays than taking a RT.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Honestly if we drafted a OT in the top three I would play him at LT even if we drafted Albert the first. If Albert can't play RG then move him back to LG like he played in college. I'm sure Waters could handle RG or even C. If waters played C then we could try Niswanger out at RG for a year.

RUSH
12-23-2008, 01:40 AM

Well I just joined, obviously wasn't here for that. I stated an opinion, and maybe it was off-base, I don't know everything. I come to places like these to hear different viewpoints and learn. A quick answer wouldn't kill ya, or just ignore me.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Well I just joined, obviously wasn't here for that. I stated an opinion, and maybe it was off-base, I don't know everything. I come to places like these to hear different viewpoints and learn. A quick answer wouldn't kill ya, or just ignore me.

It's fine.....if you really think it's a good idea you can explain it out, I just don't think it would be a good idea, unless of course your QB was left handed.

Albert has done a very good job there's no reason to burn another really high pick on another LT, unless you are going to hire a coach who thinks running 5 WR's out into the pattern every play and going minimum protection is how you play offense so you need a dominant lineman and 2 outstanding OT's.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 09:16 AM

A-FuckingMen.

Chiefnj2
12-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Look I understand at times positional value can be overrated but if the guy was a OT worth a top 5 pick guess what...he's a LT.

If you don't like the DE's please pick another position, you'd be better off with Taylor Mays than taking a RT.

Taking the best player, even at RT isn't such a bad idea.

Some of the top teams and up and coming teams in the AFC (Pitt, NE, Balt, Miami, Chargers) play out of a 3-4. They bring pressure from their OLB's on both sides of the line.

Other top 4-3 teams now have good rushers on both ends (Tennesse and Indy). Since the NFL is a copy cat league more teams will try to follow the NYG example and put good pass rushers on both sides of the ball.

It isn't really a case of "just stop Jared Allen on right side" and we don't have to worry too much about the left.

IF a franchise QB or DE isn't available and the next highest rated player is a RT, it isn't such a bad idea.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Except if you go that route the RT would be a much better LT prospect than our current LT, and I'm not saying Albert is bad at all.

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Except if you go that route the RT would be a much better LT prospect than our current LT, and I'm not saying Albert is bad at all.

Smith will be the first OT off the board and would play LT. Albert would be moved to RT or Guard. You would have one of the best tackle tandems in football for the next 12 years. Other then QB, I think this would be the way to go if you draft on the offensive side of the ball.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Our next number goes out to all those wacky Big 12 QB and Tebow-drafting Fucktards...
And-a 1, 2, 3, 4:

You can go to school,
So you don't look the fool,
Go Now!
(note Manning-esque Happy Feet, and keep those eyes on 1:14)

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vgJrv8_z33M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Better resolution, eyes at 2:20. USC lost this game due to a pick six on Mark's part, but what we're concerned about here is technique, form, accuracy, mobility, and rocket-arm.
Resume Class:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fghkCpEHHpg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Idahojim
12-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Thigpen has proved that the Chiefs offense can score points. What they need in the draft and free agency more than anything are stud defensive players - linebackers and forces on the D-line. Other than Sam Bradford, I don't see anyone I'd go with in the first round at this point.

Coach
12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Smith will be the first OT off the board and would play LT. Albert would be moved to RT or Guard. You would have one of the best tackle tandems in football for the next 12 years. Other then QB, I think this would be the way to go if you draft on the offensive side of the ball.

I would not move Albert under any circumstances at all. I mean, goddamn, he literally dominated Joey Porter. It seemed like Porter never showed up.

And honestly, I can remember at least 3 sacks that he may have given up during his time here (There could be more, but I'm just basing it off of my head). That's pretty damn impressive for a rookie. And on top of that, he did miss all or at least the majority of training camp.

So, that being said, I would not move Albert under any circumstances at all.

tyton75
12-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm having a real problem here. Lets say we get the 2nd pick and no one will likely want to trade up to get that pick..

WTF do we take??

or what position? with that high of a pick, its got to be an impact guy, and I can't imagine we'll go DT or OT with a pick that high.. so what position would we take!?

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2008, 12:58 PM
I would not move Albert under any circumstances at all. I mean, goddamn, he literally dominated Joey Porter. It seemed like Porter never showed up.

And honestly, I can remember at least 3 sacks that he may have given up during his time here (There could be more, but I'm just basing it off of my head). That's pretty damn impressive for a rookie. And on top of that, he did miss all or at least the majority of training camp.

So, that being said, I would not move Albert under any circumstances at all.

I've been around and around on this board several times regarding this. It's not the ideal situation. It just depends on how highly you value Smith compared to who else is sitting there when you draft. Would I love to see the next Peppers there when we draft, sure, but it doesn't look like that is the case right now. I would rather have the sure thing at LT, then reach for a defensive guy.

tyton75
12-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I really really am starting to hope that we can find a trade partner to trade down the draft for more picks...

I'm assuming Detroit will have to take the best QB available... and if we aren't sold on the next best.. wtf do we take?

is Orakpo that big of a reach? you never take a MLB that high, but Maulauga would be nice in the mid of the defense..

too many spots to fill

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm having a real problem here. Lets say we get the 2nd pick and no one will likely want to trade up to get that pick..

WTF do we take??

or what position? with that high of a pick, its got to be an impact guy, and I can't imagine we'll go DT or OT with a pick that high.. so what position would we take!?

I wouldn't rule any position out, except maybe RB. I think think with so many holes you take the best player available.

tyton75
12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
BPA even if the BPA is an OT? or WR?

I agree with BPA as a good measure for most of the draft.. but I agree with most of the board that an OT or Crabtree would be a waste that high when its one of the few positions we don't NEED desperately

but I can't think of any other players that would be a high enough value at the 2nd pick

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2008, 01:32 PM

I agree with BPA as a good measure for most of the draft.. but I agree with most of the board that an OT or Crabtree would be a waste that high when its one of the few positions we don't NEED desperately

but I can't think of any other players that would be a high enough value at the 2nd pick

You hear the names and see the early rankings, but after the combine you will see different names at the top of the draft rankings. There might be someone there worthy of taking at a postion we need. It really doesn't hurt to have 2 ProBowl Tackles, or 2 Pro-Bowl WR's though. You would then have a major strength on your team. It also depends on what happens in free agency. It's just too early to predict a player, although if 1 QB slips I think you have to pencil him in.

DeezNutz
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM

Yes.

I wouldn't consider the following positions in the top 5: guard, center, fullback, kicker, punter.

Conveniently (?WTF?), we need everything else, some more than others.

Solution: draft the individual that you think is the elite talent with the most upside. If that's a T, cool. A WR, cool. A DB, cool. A QB, cool (and ideally the best option). A D-lineman, cool. A RB (not going to happen in this year's draft), cool, I suppose, though this is by far my least favorite. AP is pretty darn good, though.

MahiMike
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM

I disagree.

I'd go top 5 pick on any OLman worthy of the rank. I'd argue that the interior guys are worth more on a good running team. They do most of the work for the RBs. The tackles are more for passing. Depends on your needs. You can bet that Titans and Giants think their guys are top 5 worthy.

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
OWNED

haha, SO shocked a guy like Mecca didnt do research on that before he posted. Mecca is slippin!

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
32nd ranked defense. Worst Defensive line in the History of the NFL. Cant stop anyone. Gives every team they play a careeer day, and we went to draft offense.

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2008, 02:15 PM
32nd ranked defense. Worst Defensive line in the History of the NFL. Cant stop anyone. Gives every team they play a careeer day, and we went to draft offense.

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!

Our defense is loaded with high picks and they still suck. You gotta take BPA at a value worthy position.

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Our defense is loaded with high picks and they still suck. You gotta take BPA at a value worthy position.

Well, according to some this Orakpo or whatever guy is going to be pretty damned good. I am all with that. Even if we dont pick him, there isnt another QB to take with the 2nd or 3rd pick. I dont believe Stafford is going to be there.

Braincase
12-23-2008, 02:48 PM
We have so many more needs in so many areas. The offense isn't really the proble. We need a better pass rush - that is the one thing that will improve the play of our secondary. Hali isn't a bad second choice, but we need a franchise DE, and I'm convinced Orakpo is the guy we need. Take the best OL/LB available in the second round. Grab Chase Daniel in the 3rd (I think he'll still be there, and in as much as I'm a Jayhawk, he's a helluva competitor).

All of this speculation is pretty premature until we see if the Chiefs make any moves in the offseason going after free agents. For all I know, Herm gets canned and the new GM and Coach become serious players during the free agency period. I have my doubts, as everything Clark seems to be saying reinforces my belief that Clark is going to keep Herm around for another year.

tyton75
12-23-2008, 03:39 PM
I would love to have Orakpo,, but I'm just thinking its a stretch with the 2nd or 3rd pick; its not like he's Julius Peppers

what I would really like us to get is a freaking leader on Defense.. can't say I care what the position is. we have NO leadership on D

Chiefnj2
12-23-2008, 03:43 PM
We have so many more needs in so many areas. The offense isn't really the proble. We need a better pass rush - that is the one thing that will improve the play of our secondary. Hali isn't a bad second choice, but we need a franchise DE, and I'm convinced Orakpo is the guy we need. Take the best OL/LB available in the second round. Grab Chase Daniel in the 3rd (I think he'll still be there, and in as much as I'm a Jayhawk, he's a helluva competitor).

All of this speculation is pretty premature until we see if the Chiefs make any moves in the offseason going after free agents. For all I know, Herm gets canned and the new GM and Coach become serious players during the free agency period. I have my doubts, as everything Clark seems to be saying reinforces my belief that Clark is going to keep Herm around for another year.

The offense may still be a big problem. Can we run out of a pro set? Can we pass block out of it?

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I would love to have Orakpo,, but I'm just thinking its a stretch with the 2nd or 3rd pick; its not like he's Julius Peppers

what I would really like us to get is a freaking leader on Defense.. can't say I care what the position is. we have NO leadership on D

So who else that high? If not Orakpo then who? We dont need a RB, WR,DT or CB imo. At least not that high.

Coach
12-23-2008, 04:03 PM
My concern on University of Texas players is that they haven't developed well when they have been drafted.

Chiefnj2
12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
So who else that high? If not Orakpo then who? We dont need a RB, WR,DT or CB imo. At least not that high.

The team needs help at every single position.

BigCatDaddy
12-23-2008, 04:20 PM

Right now I like

Stafford
Bradford
Smith

as potential "special" players.

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 04:39 PM
The team needs help at every single position.

Can say that about every team, even the best teams, but there is a order of importance you have to fix more then others.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 04:56 PM
I disagree.

I'd go top 5 pick on any OLman worthy of the rank. I'd argue that the interior guys are worth more on a good running team. They do most of the work for the RBs. The tackles are more for passing. Depends on your needs. You can bet that Titans and Giants think their guys are top 5 worthy.

The Giants and Titans don't have a player they used a 1st round pick on, on their offensive lines, so come again?

Demonpenz
12-23-2008, 05:06 PM
i would take bradford or stafford if they they come out, this is the highest we are going to be drafting awhile. We are going to add some pieces on defense and Oline through FA and the draft and even if we have thigpen playing qb we are going to be 7-9 at worst next year. That is unless we have herm back. Then we will win no more than 5

Demonpenz
12-23-2008, 05:08 PM
I think Chase patton will get drafted before daniel

Demonpenz
12-23-2008, 05:19 PM
you know who tebow reminds me of? Kris wilson

KChiefs1
12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
How about this scenario:

1. Detroit - Sam Bradford
2. St Louis - Andre Smith

The Chiefs with the 3rd pick trade down with Miami at 20th picking up the Dolphins 2nd round pick this year & 1st round pick next year. Draft an impact defensive player with the 20th pick & another with the 34th pick...draft Nate Davis with the Dolphins 52th pick?

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 05:42 PM
i would take bradford or stafford if they they come out, this is the highest we are going to be drafting awhile. We are going to add some pieces on defense and Oline through FA and the draft and even if we have thigpen playing qb we are going to be 7-9 at worst next year. That is unless we have herm back. Then we will win no more than 5

Oh Penz...time for a reminder:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/4f4cd5ba.png

Mecca
12-23-2008, 05:46 PM
How about this scenario:

1. Detroit - Sam Bradford
2. St Louis - Andre Smith

The Chiefs with the 3rd pick trade down with Miami at 20th picking up the Dolphins 2nd round pick this year & 1st round pick next year. Draft an impact defensive player with the 20th pick & another with the 34th pick...draft Nate Davis with the Dolphins 52th pick?

You just had Matt Stafford not go with the 1st 2 and want to trade down, do you want to die?

KChiefs1
12-23-2008, 05:51 PM
You just had Matt Stafford not go with the 1st 2 and want to trade down, do you want to die?

That was the point of my scenario.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 05:53 PM
A team this bad dropping down to 20 isn't a good idea either.

BigChiefFan
12-23-2008, 05:57 PM
You guys are splitting hairs-until we see the combine numbers, Stafford going in the top 5 is pure speculation, if he even comes out. Besides that Stafford isn't the only QB in the upcoming draft, contrary to popular belief. I've never seen so much fixation on a player because of their prototypical size.

milkman
12-23-2008, 09:49 PM

Chase Daniel is a helluva a competitor, and he'd make a great QB in the land of Oz for the Munchkins.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Chase Daniel is a helluva a competitor, and he'd make a great QB in the land of Oz for the Munchkins.

We dropped out of the NFL and went "Arena"?

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 10:06 PM

Unless there is pressure, then he folds like a chair... Dude threw pick after pick during the second half of the season... Hell he couldnt even beat the Jayhawks...

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Unless there is pressure, then he folds like a chair... Dude threw pick after pick during the second half of the season... Hell he couldnt even beat the Jayhawks...

And that ALONE is reason for "kick ass to the curb" in my book.

Pinkel too. If you can't beat Pasta The Hutt and his Short-Bus Ewoks; get the FUCK OUTTA' MY HOUSE!:D

RINGLEADER
12-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Nobody wants to waste a No. 2 pick in the 1st round on a WR, but we need to trade down and get a few mid first round players to fill gaps on the OL, DL, and get that third threat at WR

I'd be okay with that too -- those big trades never seem to happen anymore though...

RINGLEADER
12-23-2008, 10:27 PM
I'd keep Thigpen and the spread (and Gailey). This offense and Thigpen are good enough to win with an average defense. With more time hopefully he gets better. If he doesn't then you pick up a QB in 2010.

HIChief
12-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Does anybody know what the success rate of 1st round QB's is? I mean, some of the best QB's in the league are deep round picks, or even undrafted. The Chiefs will have much better return on the 1st pick investment if they target a freak LB, DE, or DT, then pick up a QB in the 3rd or 4th round.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Does anybody know what the success rate of 1st round QB's is? I mean, some of the best QB's in the league are deep round picks, or even undrafted. The Chiefs will have much better return on the 1st pick investment if they target a freak LB, DE, or DT, then pick up a QB in the 3rd or 4th round.

I was wondering how many Heisman winners turn out to be busts in the NFL myself...

Ricky Williams comes to mind.

Tribal Warfare
12-23-2008, 11:27 PM
This offense and Thigpen are good enough to win

Which is the problem, Thigpen is good enought to win some with this gimmick but won't make it any farther than the regular season or a 1st round shutdown loss.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 11:40 PM
I'd keep Thigpen and the spread (and Gailey). This offense and Thigpen are good enough to win with an average defense. With more time hopefully he gets better. If he doesn't then you pick up a QB in 2010.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuJCKzPdNc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuJCKzPdNc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ChiefsCountry
12-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Since 1970, 70% of the top 5 picks that were QB's have made the Pro Bowl. Most of the recent busts have came from two draft classes.

Also 57% of the Super Bowls have been won by first round QB's. That number increases to 70% if you factor in Joe Montana and Tom Brady. Also majority of those non-first round quarterbacks winners were Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Roger Staubuch (who would have went #1 if werent for Vietnam) and Bart Starr. So you want a 3rd round QB? Joe Montana aside, its just Jeff Hostler who has won a Super Bowl.

So what is the better investment now?

BigChiefFan
12-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Which is the problem, Thigpen is good enought to win some with this gimmick but won't make it any farther than the regular season or a 1st round shutdown loss.Agreed, we now have our quality BACK-UP. Anybody that thinks you can run the spread 100% of the time and be successful is fooling themselves.