PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Making stocks...

Fire Me Boy!
12-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Bought some turkey and pork necks at the store yesterday for $1 a pound.

I'm on vacation this week... so today, I made turkey stock. Have four quarts in the fridge chillin' as we speak.

Tomorrow, it's pork stock time.

I think I'll try some of the turkey stock to make some dressing tomorrow. Don't wanna **** up turkey dinner on Christmas with bad stuffing, so I'm gonna give it a shot early. I've never used turkey stock to make stuffing before, so this will be a first. Should be a hell of a lot better than the stuffing made with canned chicken broth.

Fire Me Boy!
12-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Mmmm.... lamb stock. Made my racks this evening. Bones went in the freezer.

RJ
12-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Nothing makes a house smell better than turkey stock cooking on the stove top. It's great for stuffing, especially oyster, IMO.

Tomorrow I'm going to make some red chile, posole and 15 bean soup. The chile and posole are for Christmas, I'll give away some soup and freeze the rest.

Right now I have pork & sauerkraut in the oven and I'm working on some cauliflower soup.

We won't starve this week.

Extra Point
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Made a killer roast tenderloin with red eye gravy yesterday. Bully Pale Ale and water were in the cake pan, beneath the grate. Smoking ribs tomorrow. (I'm taking advantage of the heat wave.) Enjoy your stocks.

Momma wants me to smoke some Cornish hens for XMAS. I think I'm just going to smoke another turkey.

Fire Me Boy!
12-22-2008, 10:08 PM
That's a good idea... smoking Cornish game hens. Nice.