PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Quarterbacks from Spread Offenses

Saul Good
12-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Who is the best QB ever to come from a spread offense in college? If the Chiefs were to draft Sam Bradford, and he turned out to be 10% better than the best QB ever to come out of a spread offense in college, would he be worth a top 3 pick?

eazyb81
12-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Probably Big Ben.

McNabb played in an option/spread hybrid.

EDIT: i forgot to add Bradford sucks, has a noodle arm, is frail, stupid, and inbred.

kstater
12-22-2008, 06:47 PM
:popcorn:

milkman
12-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Probably Big Ben.

McNabb played in an option/spread hybrid.

EDIT: i forgot to add Bradford sucks, has a noodle arm, is frail, stupid, and inbred.

You could throw Drew Brees into the mix.

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Steve Young or Drew Brees

Mark M
12-22-2008, 06:51 PM
The draft really can't get here soon enough ...

MM
~~:banghead:

Saul Good
12-22-2008, 06:54 PM
You could throw Drew Brees into the mix.

So if Bradford turned out to be Drew Brees, would he be worth a top 3 pick?

JASONSAUTO
12-22-2008, 06:55 PM
So if Bradford turned out to be Drew Brees, would he be worth a top 3 pick?

IMO yes

Mecca
12-22-2008, 07:10 PM
There are all kinds of variants to the spread, Brees played in a wide open alot of receivers throw all the time offense but he took alot of under center snaps..

Roethlisberger is probably the best example for what Bradford does but he came from a school where he was the most talented player and made everyone else better.

kcfanintitanhell
12-22-2008, 07:10 PM
The draft really can't get here soon enough ...

MM
~~:banghead:

In more ways than one-the temps will be about 60 degrees warmer on draft day.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Roethlisberger is probably the best example for what Bradford does but he came from a school where he was the most talented player and made everyone else better.

Huh? Come on, brah. You're acting like Bradford is average, and all the greatness around him is what accounts for his play.

I'm not saying he's going to be a good pro. No one knows. But give the kid some credit. He's a very, very good college QB. Let's see how this translates to the next level.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Huh? Come on, brah. You're acting like Bradford is average, and all the greatness around him is what accounts for his play.

I'm not saying he's going to be a good pro. No one knows. But give the kid some credit. He's a very, very good college QB. Let's see how this translates to the next level.

Ok there is a huge talent difference in playing at Miami of Ohio and playing at Oklahoma that is all I'm saying with that comment.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Ok there is a huge talent difference in playing at Miami of Ohio and playing at Oklahoma that is all I'm saying with that comment.

Right on, brah.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 07:17 PM

90% of Bradfords throws were to WR/TE or RB that had seperation like you cant believe...

If you have Bradford, you better have a team that has 2-3 recievers wide fucking open.... I dont think I have witnessed Bradford ever make an NFL level throw or a tight throw...

Being in OKC, I have seen and heard plenty about Bradford...

Mecca
12-22-2008, 07:20 PM
1 thing that would heavily concern me with Bradford is the separation he sees is something he won't see at the NFL level. So he won't be use to it he will think the receiver who is actually open is covered, because that's what he's been seeing.

I think that is what helped Matt Ryan to a huge degree, he had to make tough throws to WR's who couldn't separate he sees more separation now than he did in college.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 07:23 PM
1 thing that would heavily concern me with Bradford is the separation he sees is something he won't see at the NFL level. So he won't be use to it he will think the receiver who is actually open is covered, because that's what he's been seeing.

I think that is what helped Matt Ryan to a huge degree, he had to make tough throws to WR's who couldn't separate he sees more separation now than he did in college.

Stafford has made more throws that you would expect to see in the NFL than Bradford has... Jesus the Big 12 defenses were ass this year... LIke I said, I have watched 8-9 full OU games and never thought Bradford had to take the team on his back and win the game.... Just never happened...