PDA

View Full Version : News What do you mean no more DBL QPOUNDER on the value menu!??

banyon
12-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Denied cheap double cheeseburger, man punches window

http://www.kansas.com/news/updates/story/640181.html

BY STAN FINGER
The Wichita Eagle
Perhaps he should be dubbed "McVandal."

A man became upset early Sunday morning when he learned the double cheeseburger had been removed from McDonald's value menu -- so upset he began yelling at the employees and punched the glass of the drive-through window at the McDonald's at 1630 S. Hillside, witnesses told police.

The man then raced away from the restaurant, only to be spotted by a police officer. The resulting chase didn't last long -- only a few blocks -- but long enough for him to run three stop signs and commit a number of other traffic violations.

He was arrested on a variety of offenses and booked into the Sedgwick County Jail -- hungry, presumably.

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 10:16 PM
dude should have just paid the extra 39 cents

banyon
12-22-2008, 10:17 PM
dude should have just paid the extra 39 cents

Money is tight these days.

Count Alex's Losses
12-22-2008, 10:17 PM
When fatties strike back.

Demonpenz
12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
wtf seriously? That is bad news. You can thank wendy's for bringing A game though with the 99 cent menu

Demonpenz
Denied cheap double cheeseburger, man punches window

http://www.kansas.com/news/updates/story/640181.html

BY STAN FINGER
The Wichita Eagle
Perhaps he should be dubbed "McVandal."

A man became upset early Sunday morning when he learned the double cheeseburger had been removed from McDonald's value menu -- so upset he began yelling at the employees and punched the glass of the drive-through window at the McDonald's at 1630 S. Hillside, witnesses told police.

The man then raced away from the restaurant, only to be spotted by a police officer. The resulting chase didn't last long -- only a few blocks -- but long enough for him to run three stop signs and commit a number of other traffic violations.

He was arrested on a variety of offenses and booked into the Sedgwick County Jail -- hungry, presumably.

I bet he had a car with a whistler on it WHOO WHOO

J Diddy
Money is tight these days.

$500 in fines, just think of how many good burgers from arbys he could have had with that cash

banyon
12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
$500 in fines, just think of how many good burgers from arbys he could have had with that cash

Oh, I see you are laboring under the mistaken assumption that people pay their fines and court costs. :)

KCUnited
12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
And I was just wondering what Dion Rayford was up to these days.

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh, I see you are laboring under the mistaken assumption that people pay their fines and court costs. :)

I don't know about there but here if you don't pay or show up for court they suspend your license until you do.

KCChiefsMan
12-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I worked at McD's for 3 years while I was in high school and that type of behavior was pretty common. One guy went on a rage fit because we wouldn't serve him breakfast at night

banyon
12-22-2008, 10:28 PM
I don't know about there but here if you don't pay or show up for court they suspend your license until you do.

It probably helps when your defendants have licenses.

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 10:35 PM

probably so

I guess i just live in a fantasy world.

Boon
12-22-2008, 10:36 PM

Could this be why?

http://www.hutchnews.com/Localregional/minor2008-12-21T21-27-39

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
wtf seriously? That is bad news. You can thank wendy's for bringing A game though with the 99 cent menu

There is no Double Stack exchange rate.

What? So now you're an economist?

banyon
12-22-2008, 10:45 PM
probably so

I guess i just live in a fantasy world.

There are also your non-illegal people who just don't give a s*** if they have a valid DL or not.

banyon
12-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Could this be why?

http://www.hutchnews.com/Localregional/minor2008-12-21T21-27-39

Yeah, I saw that article. There was a more specific one in the Dodge Daily Pube about how great it was for everyone:

http://www.dodgeglobe.com/localnews/x1369588075/Minorities-now-majority-in-Dodge-City

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
There is no Double Stack exchange rate.

What? So now you're an economist?

maybe homeboy should have asked if mcdonalds ad matched

KcMizzou
12-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Ya know... the thread title says double QPOUNDER.

... not cheese burger.

Had they ever put that shit on the value menu, I'd be 750 pounds.

banyon
12-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Ya know... the thread title says double QPOUNDER.

... not cheese burger.

Had they ever put that shit on the value menu, I'd be 750 pounds.

LOL, my bad. I don't eat that crap much anymore.

Demonpenz
12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
i don't know who eats mcdonalds that much anymore, maybe just younger people, if i want a hamburger i get one at freaking hardee's and wash it down with scotch, like a freaking man!

KcMizzou
12-22-2008, 10:59 PM
LOL, my bad. I don't eat that crap much anymore.I try not to..

I'd like to bring my lunch to work, but I'm never hungry enough in the morning to bother.

Then when my lunch hits (at 2pm) I've been known to hit up a couple McChickens, or Spicy Chicken Burritoes.

Double Quarter Pounders on a value menu would be the death of me.

KcMizzou
12-22-2008, 11:00 PM
i don't know who eats mcdonalds that much anymore, maybe just younger people, if i want a hamburger i get one at freaking hardee's and wash it down with scotch, like a freaking man!Depends on what's close to where you work.

Some of us have to settle for a couple McChickens and a 40oz Malt Duck.

banyon
12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
i don't know who eats mcdonalds that much anymore, maybe just younger people, if i want a hamburger i get one at freaking hardee's and wash it down with scotch, like a freaking man!

ROFL

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM

Back in the day, Hardee's burgers were rat poison. These kids today, with their Angus fucking beef, don't understand the trials of the older generation.

bowener
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM

I cant imagine Bub Rub moving from Oakland to Wichita, then again they said it was early in the morning... like a' larm clock or somfen!

KcMizzou
12-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Back in the day, Hardee's burgers were rat poison. These kids today, with their Angus fucking beef, don't understand the trials of the older generation.The mushroom and swiss burger was the shit.

I mean that in a good way.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
The mushroom and swiss burger was the shit.

I mean that in a good way.

Not down with the mushrooms. Truthfully the one type of food that I don't like. Strange.

With ol' skool Hardee's, I was always a hot ham 'n' cheese guy. And California Raisins.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 11:13 PM
better than going through life
as Stanley Finger

Baconeater
12-22-2008, 11:14 PM

And that Arby's has hamburgers...

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Not down with the mushrooms. Truthfully the one type of food that I don't like. Strange.

With ol' skool Hardee's, I was always a hot ham 'n' cheese guy. And California Raisins.

Hardees did it right. We're gonna start charging a whole lot more for our burgers, but it'll be worth it.

and it is...

the philly cheese steak burger was/is the greatest burger i've ever eaten

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Hardees did it right. We're gonna start charging a whole lot more for our burgers, but it'll be worth it.

and it is...

the philly cheese steak burger was/is the greatest burger i've ever eaten

You have had a look at the calories on that MFer? Whoa...

I've heard it's good, though.

Outside of Culver's, Hardee's has the best fast-food burgers now, IMO.

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=DeezNutz;5322372]You have had a look at the calories on that MFer? Whoa...

Outside of Culver's, Hardee's has the best fast-food burgers now, IMO.[/QUOTE

nah, calories don't mean nothing to me

i'm on a mission to become as big horizontal as i am vertical

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=DeezNutz;5322372]You have had a look at the calories on that MFer? Whoa...

Outside of Culver's, Hardee's has the best fast-food burgers now, IMO.[/QUOTE

nah, calories don't mean nothing to me

i'm on a mission to become as big horizontal as i am vertical

I hear you. Normally, I wouldn't care, either. But a few things occasionally surprise me. The last time I remember having this reaction was with a Chipotle burrito. How the fuck is that thing so unhealthy?

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=J Diddy;5322378]

I hear you. Normally, I wouldn't care, either. But a few things occasionally surprise me. The last time I remember having this reaction was with a Chipotle burrito. How the **** is that thing so unhealthy?btw what is/ where is a culvers

Dartgod
12-22-2008, 11:25 PM
He should have called 9-1-1 and made them enforce his western burger.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=DeezNutz;5322384]btw what is/ where is a culvers

It's a chain. Pretty recent to the midwest. There are some in the KC area. Damn good burgers. Kind of like a Winstead's. Made fresh to order. Always hot. Pretty good value, actually. Similar to Hardee's in this respect.

If you see one, I'd highly recommend that you stop, and this is coming from a guy who likes to eat, if that means anything.

Baconeater
12-22-2008, 11:30 PM
btw what is/ where is a culvers

http://www.culvers.com/locator/default.aspx

Looks like the closest one to you is coming soon in Webb City.

J Diddy
12-22-2008, 11:33 PM
http://www.culvers.com/locator/default.aspx

Looks like the closest one to you is coming soon in Webb City.

hell yeas, I work in webb city too

I bet i could trade some pizza for a burger

:D

Darth CarlSatan
12-22-2008, 11:38 PM

ROFL I remember that! I'm off to find Patrice!

RJ
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Our local $1 store is now a $1.29 store.

Is a value menu really a value menu without the double cheeseburger?

I would argue that it's just a menu.

notorious
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
We need In n' Out to move into the Midwest. I had some while visiting a friend in Phoenix. W O W

SPchief
12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Here they've switched it to a McDouble, which is just a smaller burger. It's worth it to pay the extra 30 cents to get the larger burger

raytownchiefsfan
12-23-2008, 12:35 AM
you have to ask for a mcdouble now, its the same thing but only one slice of cheese

jjchieffan
12-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Heck, he can get a mcdouble. It is on the value menu. The only difference is just one slice of cheese. The double cheeseburger is $1.19. I only know this because of the project I am on right now for McDonalds.

Thig Lyfe
12-23-2008, 03:17 AM
I'd hate to see what this guy would do if he showed up at Chik-Fil-A on a Sunday.

jjchieffan
12-23-2008, 03:20 AM
I wonder if he was the guy in the whopper freak out commercial? LMAO

dannybcaitlyn
12-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Whitlock was hungry?

J Diddy
12-23-2008, 06:52 AM
I'd hate to see what this guy would do if he showed up at Chik-Fil-A on a Sunday.

chik-fil-a is horrible

I know if I showed up on sunday I'd say 3 hail marys and then go to mcdonalds.

stlchiefs
12-23-2008, 07:40 AM
I worked at McD's for 3 years while I was in high school and that type of behavior was pretty common. One guy went on a rage fit because we wouldn't serve him breakfast at night

Will somebody get this kid a Happy Meal!

Over-Head
12-23-2008, 08:16 AM
dude should have just paid the extra 39 centsROFL

Fish
12-23-2008, 09:10 AM
chik-fil-a is horrible

I know if I showed up on sunday I'd say 3 hail marys and then go to mcdonalds.

No shit... there's one on State Line not far from me, and around noon that place has a line 10 cars long. I eat there once in a while to see what the fuss is about, but every time I do it's really lousy and over-priced. The only saving grace is their waffle fries, and those aren't justification for eating there.... I don't get it...

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 09:42 AM
I love it when you go to the Mini McDonalds and they don't have a ketchup dispenser, so you have to ask the counter person two times for ketchup because they're so fucking cheap and chintzy.

Bob Dole
12-23-2008, 09:44 AM
The Wendy's double stack kicks the crap out of the McD's double CB anyway...

Demonpenz
12-23-2008, 11:25 AM
pisses me off so bad. I could go into mcdonalds with 222 or whatever get two double cheeseburgers and be full And that isn't conting the fact the I could wad up the plastic the cheese had melted on and sucked on it for hours like a cheese jawbreaker. What next, they are going to ban me from putting ketchup in hot water and making soup? They don't realize people are just going to try to get that money back. I just stole their news papers, salt and got a glass of water and filled it up with sierra mist. I even reached in and stole some balls from the kids land to play whiffle ball with. SUCK IT TREBEK

StcChief
12-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Back in the day, Hardee's burgers were rat poison. These kids today, with their Angus fucking beef, don't understand the trials of the older generation.yeah, that eatin' dirt, walk thru snow uphill both ways to school without shoes was tough :)

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 03:20 PM
pisses me off so bad. I could go into mcdonalds with 222 or whatever get two double cheeseburgers and be full And that isn't conting the fact the I could wad up the plastic the cheese had melted on and sucked on it for hours like a cheese jawbreaker. What next, they are going to ban me from putting ketchup in hot water and making soup? They don't realize people are just going to try to get that money back. I just stole their news papers, salt and got a glass of water and filled it up with sierra mist. I even reached in and stole some balls from the kids land to play whiffle ball with. SUCK IT TREBEK

AS if THAT weren't enough, they have the balls to get pissed at me when I climb on top of the Mayor McCheese tree house and scream "RONALD MCDONALD DEMANDS THE SOULS OF YOUR CHILDREN" while hurling flaming french fries at the parents and 16 year old counter help trying to dethrone me from my McMountain!
Bastards.