PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Xbox's latest ripoff

Guru
12-22-2008, 11:13 PM
400 points for this POS

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/22/warm-yourself-by-the-xbox-live-fireplace/

<embed src="http://images.video.msn.com/flash/soapbox1_1.swf" id="aa8hgnvf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" pluginspage="http://macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="c=v&v=a2d1dd9c-b5cc-46ff-8087-a4d989c0fdca&ifs=true&fr=shared&mkt=en-US" width="432" height="364"><noembed><a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&amp;playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:a2d1dd9c-b5cc-46ff-8087-a4d989c0fdca&amp;showPlaylist=true&amp;from=shared" target="_new" title="XBox 360 Fireplace">Video: XBox 360 Fireplace</a></noembed>

Basileus777
12-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Well that's a ripoff even by the standards of an XNA game. Most of those community games are garbage, but I'm surprised this game got approved. I'm not exactly sure what the approval process for XNA games are though.

Guru
12-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Well that's a ripoff even by the standards of an XNA game. Most of those community games are garbage, but I'm surprised Microsoft approved this one.I'm not even sure this would sell for free. heh

I saw this same graphic on NCIS last week.

TinyEvel
12-22-2008, 11:23 PM
ROFL. SUCKERS! The PS3 fireplace is FREE and it's in 1080p. You can see EVERY ember. Plus, the console puts out 12 BTU's.

:D

QuikSsurfer
12-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Who gives a shit? It's not a game; it's a fucking fireplace simulator...
Only girlie men will be buying that stupid thing.

It does look like shit and 400 points for it is retarded, btw.

Fruit Ninja
12-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Its only a ripoff if you buy it or you are forced to buy it. If your not, then if you buy it, your a dumbass. lol

Guru
12-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Its only a ripoff if you buy it or you are forced to buy it. If your not, then if you buy it, your a dumbass. lolAs an owner of a Box, it is insulting to me that they would even charge for that POS.

Basileus777
12-23-2008, 12:07 AM
As an owner of a Box, it is insulting to me that they would even charge for that POS.

Well blame whoever made it. It's an XNA/community game; Microsoft didn't make it or set the price.

Guru
12-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Well blame whoever made it. It's an XNA/community game; Microsoft didn't make it or set the price.

OK, I will. But MS still approved it.:D

TinyEvel
12-23-2008, 02:08 AM

Wait, what is an XNA game?

Is that like a user-created level on LittleBIGplanet? or a BUZZ trivia quiz I can play on PSN that someone else created (i.e. Evel Knievel trivia blast...yep), or a SingStar video that someone recorded themselves singing and I can view it on PSN (dancing Chewbaca is my personal favorite)?

Just askin'

Basileus777
12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Wait, what is an XNA game?

Is that like a user-created level on LittleBIGplanet? or a BUZZ trivia quiz I can play on PSN that someone else created (i.e. Evel Knievel trivia blast...yep), or a SingStar video that someone recorded themselves singing and I can view it on PSN (dancing Chewbaca is my personal favorite)?

Just askin'

XNA is a set of programming tools that allows amateur programmers to create and sell games for XBLA, Zune, and Windows. Since the NXE there is a new category of games in the marketplace that has these games. It's not really the same as LBP because you need to be a programmer to create these games and they aren't free.

Demonpenz
12-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I used game genie to get unlimited marshmellows

KcGopher
12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED - WASTED 400 MS POINTS

Mr. Plow
12-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Sweet. Just downloaded it. 400 points was a bit high, but not by much. Tonight, the wife & I are going to sit and stare at the virtual fire place.

I know...I know.....I'm quite the romantic. But NOTHING is too good for my wife.

Guru
12-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Sweet. Just downloaded it. 400 points was a bit high, but not by much. Tonight, the wife & I are going to sit and stare at the virtual fire place.

I know...I know.....I'm quite the romantic. But NOTHING is too good for my wife.So your wife is worth 5 bucks and a shitty animation for the night. Got it. :D

Frazod
12-23-2008, 02:39 PM

I know...I know.....I'm quite the romantic. But NOTHING is too good for my wife.

This is the whole point - this stupid program and a bottle of champaign can easily get one laid.

Mr. Plow
12-23-2008, 02:39 PM
So your wife is worth 5 bucks and a shitty animation for the night. Got it. :D

I didn't say she was expensive.....but she's worth it. :D

KCChiefsMan
12-23-2008, 06:05 PM
who the heck would pay money for that?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2008, 07:08 PM

Oh, herrow.

Mr. Plow
12-23-2008, 08:17 PM

Not money....MICROSOFT POINTS.......

KCChiefsMan
12-23-2008, 08:38 PM

which cost money

88TG88
12-23-2008, 08:38 PM

What a genious you are.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Plow
12-23-2008, 09:03 PM
which cost money

Huh....you don't say? That's pretty amazing. I wondered how I got those 1600 points. I might just buy this sweet ass fireplace thing twice.....watch it split screen and shit.

Mr. Plow
12-23-2008, 09:04 PM
What a genious you are.

:rolleyes:

You know I'm not that stupid.....wait, nevermind.

Guru
12-23-2008, 09:38 PM
You know I'm not that stupid.....wait, nevermind.Safe to say those points must have come your way free of charge. I still view it as wasting 5 FREE bucks though. :D

Guru
12-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Here is a new one....
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/23/free-xbla-game-if-you-follow-the-rules/

Renew your Live subscription and we will give you a free $5 game.

Sign up for 12 months of Xbox Live Gold between now and January 5. It must be done directly through Xbox Live, meaning you can't use that prepaid card your mom or significant other bought you as a gift.
Decide what game you want free: Zuma, Marble Blast, Sonic the Hedgehog, Assault Heroes or 3D Ultra Minigolf. Do this step in your head.
Download a gamer pic or theme related to the game. Only the first one counts, so make sure you didn't skip Step 2 before downloading a picture of a putter when you're hoping to nab Sonic.But you can't use a prepaid card from amazon for $39 you have to do it online and give up your CC number and pay the full $50 subscription.

Hmmmm

$39 for 13 months and then $5 for a game of your choice or...
$50 for 12 months and a free game.

What makes more sense to you?

QuikSsurfer
12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Jesus Christ, what the fuck has happened to Guru?
I blame Tiny.
Seriously though, this kind of whinning goes in the PS3 thread.
Everyone knows M$ is about the dollars.
What do you care about the Live deals or a fireplace sim approval?
Serious question because I know you gave up Live nearly a month ago.

Guru
12-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Jesus Christ, what the **** has happened to Guru?
I blame Tiny.
Serious question because I know you gave up Live nearly a month ago.ROFL Hey I still love my Xbox. Just don't like their marketing techniques. Because I don't have Live I can't complain about their marketing?:D

QuikSsurfer
12-23-2008, 11:02 PM
ROFL Hey I still love my Xbox. Just don't like their marketing techniques. Because I don't have Live I can't complain about their marketing?:D

We just miss you. :-)

Guru
12-23-2008, 11:04 PM
We just miss you. :-)Ironically I haven't touched Gears since I dropped live. That was the one game I did enjoy going online with. Once World at War gets open on Christmas I will be doing what I can to get to the Nazi zombies.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2008, 11:15 PM
I blame Tiny.

Hell yeah they're about the dollars. Most 360 owners are on their 4th or more console. But yeah, PS3 sucks.

Guru
12-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Hell yeah they're about the dollars. Most 360 owners are on their 4th or more console. But yeah, PS3 sucks.No fanboyism allowed.:)

I am just bashing the marketing practices. Sony gives you free things that are actually free. MS makes you spend money to get "free" things. Or discounted things for that matter.

The discounts is really what pissed me off. You have to be a Gold member to get any of their discounts now.

QuikSsurfer
12-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Hell yeah they're about the dollars. Most 360 owners are on their 4th or more console. But yeah, PS3 sucks.

ROFL I love it

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2008, 11:32 PM
I blame Tiny.

No fanboyism allowed.:)

I am just bashing the marketing practices. Sony gives you free things that are actually free. MS makes you spend money to get "free" things. Or discounted things for that matter.

The discounts is really what pissed me off. You have to be a Gold member to get any of their discounts now.

What?

Guru
12-23-2008, 11:36 PM
What?I certainly don't think complaints about MS belong in the PS3 thread. And if you think what I am doing is fanboyism you would be very wrong.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-23-2008, 11:42 PM
I certainly don't think complaints about MS belong in the PS3 thread. And if you think what I am doing is fanboyism you would be very wrong.

Actually, I was thinking quiksilver got a pass on his fanboyism and my butt is sore. QS said you're missed amongst the 360 crowd. Well I say QS is missed in the stoner crowd. :D

Guru
12-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Actually, I was thinking quiksilver got a pass on his fanboyism and my butt is sore. QS said you're missed amongst the 360 crowd. Well I say QS is missed in the stoner crowd. :DNah, I don't consider him a fanboy. I don't really consider anyone a fanboy.

I do think I may have misread your post though when you brought up the repair issues.

Guru
12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
ROFL. SUCKERS! The PS3 fireplace is FREE and it's in 1080p. You can see EVERY ember. Plus, the console puts out 12 BTU's.

:DHere is a nice one in HD.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZewPwBGHO8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZewPwBGHO8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Param
12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Here is a nice one in HD.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZewPwBGHO8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZewPwBGHO8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Yes, but that ends in 10 minutes.

Guru
12-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Yes, but that ends in 10 minutes.Well, it is something anyway.

Param
12-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Here is a new one....
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/23/free-xbla-game-if-you-follow-the-rules/

Renew your Live subscription and we will give you a free $5 game.

Sign up for 12 months of Xbox Live Gold between now and January 5. It must be done directly through Xbox Live, meaning you can't use that prepaid card your mom or significant other bought you as a gift.
Decide what game you want free: Zuma, Marble Blast, Sonic the Hedgehog, Assault Heroes or 3D Ultra Minigolf. Do this step in your head.
Download a gamer pic or theme related to the game. Only the first one counts, so make sure you didn't skip Step 2 before downloading a picture of a putter when you're hoping to nab Sonic.But you can't use a prepaid card from amazon for $39 you have to do it online and give up your CC number and pay the full $50 subscription.

Hmmmm

$39 for 13 months and then $5 for a game of your choice or...
$50 for 12 months and a free game.

What makes more sense to you?

So do you still hate Xbox Live?

Guru
12-03-2009, 10:14 PM
So do you still hate Xbox Live?yep. When they allow one subscription per box and not per person then I will hate them less.