PDA

View Full Version : FF Advice needed.. any geniouses out there?

HypnotizedMonkey
12-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm gong into week 2 of the championship and I've got a few worries about blowing the 20 point lead I have. I'm facing Phillip Rivers, and in the meaningful game they're playing I'm almost sure he's going to drop huge numbers.. so I've got to get this right. I'd like to hear some thoughts from the Planet on these pressing fantasy issues.

My QBs: Donovan McNabb / Tyler Thigpen

McNabb always has pretty good numbers, but he just feels unstable to me this week at home against the Cowboys and really didn't get any help last week in Washington from his receivers. At the same time I don't want to slip and let him have a great game on my bench. Thigpen I think has a shot at stacking up some numbers in Cincinnati, I was at the game against the Dolphins on Sunday, and he looked pretty solid in the first half. I can see him getting a lot of rushing and passing yards this Sunday. I can also see him getting knocked out like Trent Green and ruining my day. Any thoughts?

RB - I'm thinking of dropping either Chris Johnson or Ronnie Brown for Darren Sproles this week.

With the Titans already clinching home field advantage, I think Chris Johnson will be riding a fair amount of pine all day. I can't really afford to have Ronnie Brown have another shitty week.. you can never tell what the hell the Dolphins are going to do. Miami is in an important game though, so I think Brown could play a big role. For some reason I'm just feeling Sproles' all-purpose yards/ scoring potential this week in the big game... The Donks D is going to get ate up. So... Johnson or Brown for Sproles, or stay put???

Gimme Some Feedback
-Slick

luv
12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Has Sproles been doing anything beside punt/kick off returns?

Dad has McNabb and Thigpen. He started McNabb, and he got him negative points this past weekend. Thigpen would have gotten him 43. McNabb is playing against a Dallas D, where Thigpen is playing against the Cincinatti D.

HypnotizedMonkey
12-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Sproles gets some touches, if he could get a special teams score it would help. I think Chargers coaches could burn Denver with him. I'm probably reaching on an unpredictable whim.. but i dunno if Johnson's even going to play, so I need something.

I want to go with Thiggy but you never know when McNabb is going to have a big game.
Dallas' secondary really sucks IMO, but they do have a mean pass rush usually.

luv
12-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Sproles gets some touches, if he could get a special teams score it would help. I think Chargers coaches could burn Denver with him. I'm probably reaching on an unpredictable whim.. but i dunno if Johnson's even going to play, so I need something.

I want to go with Thiggy but you never know when McNabb is going to have a big game.

Ah, in our league special teams is lumped together with defense, and the individual players don't get the yardage/points if it's done while playing special teams. If you get those points/yardage, then it might not be too bad of an idea, IMO.

My gut would say Thigpen. He'll lose you some points, but he's likely to gain you a lot, too. Especially if he decides to stretch the field again. That's JMO though. It would be a tough call.

HypnotizedMonkey
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Ah, in our league special teams is lumped together with defense, and the individual players don't get the yardage/points if it's done while playing special teams. If you get those points/yardage, then it might not be too bad of an idea, IMO.

My gut would say Thigpen. He'll lose you some points, but he's likely to gain you a lot, too. Especially if he decides to stretch the field again. That's JMO though. It would be a tough call.

yeah I might think about it some more this week and make the decision. lol

I'm sure Thigpen will be playing with something to prove so it wouldn't be that bad of a decision.

Thanks for the input!

Sure-Oz
12-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Id start thigpen considering he throws 40 times a game...

Sure-Oz
12-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Is there anyone else besides Sproles out there?

HypnotizedMonkey
12-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Is there anyone else besides Sproles out there?

also looking at Le'Ron McClain

patteeu
12-23-2008, 06:52 PM
I'd go with Thigpen over McNabb. The other choice is tougher, but I'd probably go with Ronnie Brown or Le'Ron McClain and cross my fingers.

Short Leash Hootie
12-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Thigpen and Ronnie Brown...Ronnie pisses me off but he's guaranteed some points with a chance at a TD or two every week...Sproles is major boom or bust...mostly bust.