PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ha Teicher is one of the funniest dudes ever..

Mecca
12-23-2008, 04:34 PM
So I flip on 610...This is what I hear him saying..

From talking to people out there with having the 2nd or 3rd pick, I think they'll take a QB, they've been talking that it's time to do that. Big mistake, they need an end, some LB's and some OL.

And he just goes on about how they need those things far more than QB...

Adam Teicher a true fan bitching about the Chiefs coming to terms with using a high pick on a QB.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Like inside people are saying they take a QB? and he doesn't agree? Or fans saying we need a QB and he doesn't agree?

Mecca
12-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Like inside people are saying they take a QB? and he doesn't agree? Or fans saying we need a QB and he doesn't agree?

The people that work for the Chiefs are saying it, of course he then says "that can change with a new GM"

He basically said the 3 biggest needs for the Chiefs...DE, DE, DE then followed up with LB's and OL.

Personally I think a new GM coming in would but even more emphasis on taking a QB.

CoMoChief
12-23-2008, 04:43 PM
If that happens, we better pick Bradford.

BCD
12-23-2008, 04:43 PM
If that happens, we better pick Bradford.Idiot

Dayze
12-23-2008, 04:44 PM
if the QB rates out at the highest on their draft board; they should take him. Period. If Carl were still here, he would pick the 2nd guy on their board because QB is too 'risky'.

F it. Not being 'risky' has worked out well for us. QB with the first pick.

Teicher is a tool. He's a stuttering idiot on the radio when fans call in and call him on his BS.

Demonpenz
12-23-2008, 04:45 PM
His theory is that even if we get a top flight QB it won't matter if our pass rush isn't good. He has a flaw in his logic though. Play for 2010 and forward. Draft a QB this year and a Rusher next year. The bottom line is we need a playmaker at both positions. if we get a pash rusher and all he is is a plodder above average than that was a waste. There are those all over the league and some in later round. He also discounts what having a decent defensive cordinator could do. I don't think he fully understands how bad gunther and herm is on defense. We have no imagination, we have people do the exact oppo of what they are supposed to do (Dj at MLB, pollard 40 yards from the LOS,) we haven't even tried press hardly at all this year how about a nickle blitz if they didn't do anything like that this year Herm and Gun won't do it next. Oh god and I almost forgot playing glen dorsey like he is gilbert brown

Mecca
12-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Teicher sure sounds like he was schooled well in the ways of Carl.

Demonpenz
12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
it's embarrassing of course most talk radio and paper guys aren't very good.

BigChiefFan
12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
I think a majority of the media in Kansas City doesn't know much about sports and the NFL in particular. Teicher has been bad for a long time and it shows. Typical Teicher.

talastan
12-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Your and Idiot

FYP:D

Demonpenz
12-23-2008, 04:55 PM
If you can hit on a great DE you can win a superbowl. If you hit on a qb you can win upto 4. Get a Great QB and a solid De and you have charles hailey snaking your defensive quarternator!

Mecca
12-23-2008, 05:19 PM
The guy on 610 now is even funnier he's defending Herm saying he should be back.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
How do we know what is going to happen when we dont even know who the GM or coach is...

This draft just will be different than any other in the last 20 years, maybe we will actually draft like an NFL franchise?

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I agree with Tiecher. DE DE DE DE, LB's then Oline.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I agree with Tiecher. DE DE DE DE, LB's then Oline.

Well that really puts it in perspective.

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Well that really puts it in perspective.

Hey, you have your opinions. I have mine. You don't agree with me, thats fine. I want to fix that defense first. I think the offense is halfassed ok right now.

If you dont have a decent defense. Tom Brady couldnt make the Chiefs win a superbowl.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey, you have your opinions. I have mine. You don't agree with me, thats fine. I want to fix that defense first. I think the offense is halfassed ok right now.

If you dont have a decent defense. Tom Brady couldnt make the Chiefs win a superbowl.

You sure that is what the new GM and HC want to do?

Mecca
12-23-2008, 05:43 PM

It's a hell of alot easier to rebuild a defense than it is an offense, specifically find the QB..

Regardless of how long the Chiefs defense has been bad, any competent person could rebuild a defense in a short period of time.

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 05:43 PM
You sure that is what the new GM and HC want to do?

I dont know what they want to do. THey can do whatever they want. I just want the defense fixed. I dont know about anyone else around here, but growing up watching the Chiefs in the 90's it was all defense and when people came to play the Chiefs, everyone knew the game was going to be tough because the Defense kept the games close. Now when a team comes to KC, its like, someone is going to have a career day.

I dont know about you, but ia m sick and tired of giving up 500 yards a game.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 05:45 PM
We still didn't win anything in the 90's...back then I was sick and tired of getting beat by the teams that had QB's.

Chiefaholic
Drafting this high, you HAVE to get your franchise QB. We already had a frachise DE in Allen, where did that land us? Pick up your QB, give him a year to develope chemistry and learn the offense, then pick up a stud at DE next year. Which guy is more likely to plug and play, a QB or DE?

Fruit Ninja
It's a hell of alot easier to rebuild a defense than it is an offense, specifically find the QB..

Regardless of how long the Chiefs defense has been bad, any competent person could rebuild a defense in a short period of time.

If it was that easy, the Chiefs wouldnt be horrible for almost 10 years now at defense. Remember GRob did have a top 5 defense i beleive while being the DC in Denver. Gunthar has failed miserably no doubt, but i think the bigger holes is DE and Linebackers for us right now.

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Drafting this high, you HAVE to get your franchise QB. We already had a frachise DE in Allen, where did that land us? Pick up your QB, give him a year to develope chemistry and learn the offense, then pick up a stud at DE next year. Which guy is more likely to plug and play, a QB or DE?

If Stafford is there, sure you take a chance, if he's not then what? Is Bradford worth the risk? is he even coming out?

I do know that we have 9 sacks this season in 15 games. The record is 11 set by some team that had a 14 game season and we are about to break that record. lol We put absolutely no pressure on the quarterbacks EVER.

Last year we had no ****ing offense, we scored 13.3 points per game. How many 3 and outs did we have? At least this year we can actually put up a few points. We are at 19 points per game this season, i dont know how many after Tyler took over, but before he was out there, it was worse then that. I think about 10.

RustShack
BPA. I'm OK with reaching one or two spots for a big need... but other than that BPA. Bring me Stafford god damn it!

Chiefaholic
And just a heads up... I like Thigpen, I really do. I just don't think he has the mental and physical qualities it takes to go all the way to the big show.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
If Stafford is there, sure you take a chance, if he's not then what? Is Bradford worth the risk? is he even coming out?

Bradford is not worth the pick unless you are looking into drafting a sure fire bust.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 05:48 PM
We still didn't win anything in the 90's...back then I was sick and tired of getting beat by the teams that had QB's.

I was sick and tired of getting hammered by teams when we knocked out the starter and the backup came in and just rolled us!

Mecca
12-23-2008, 05:49 PM
If it was that easy, the Chiefs wouldnt be horrible for almost 10 years now at defense. Remember GRob did have a top 5 defense i beleive while being the DC in Denver. Gunthar has failed miserably no doubt, but i think the bigger holes is DE and Linebackers for us right now.

The Chiefs have been run by several incompetent people since the year 2000...think about it. From the top down to the defensive coaches just full of morons.

A defense can quickly be rebuilt, general rule of thumb is it takes longer to build an offense than a defense.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 05:50 PM
I dont know what they want to do. THey can do whatever they want. I just want the defense fixed. I dont know about anyone else around here, but growing up watching the Chiefs in the 90's it was all defense and when people came to play the Chiefs, everyone knew the game was going to be tough because the Defense kept the games close. Now when a team comes to KC, its like, someone is going to have a career day.

I dont know about you, but ia m sick and tired of giving up 500 yards a game.

I agree, I want it fixed, but I also am very tired of the reject has beens that were so called proven come through here and just give us ass for 3-4 years... I want to be like the others that win championships, I want a franchise QB in round 1 and then fix the defense with FA and draft...

Sadly, this defense is no closer to being fixed then the day Herm arrived...

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Bradford is not worth the pick unless you are looking into drafting a sure fire bust.

I would rather have Stafford than Bradford...

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 05:53 PM

So what quarterback do we take at 2 or 3 that will be there? tell me oh wise one.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 05:54 PM
So what quarterback do we take at 2 or 3 that will be there? tell me oh wise one.

Assuming the Lions draft a LT that would be Stafford then.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 05:54 PM

What does that have to do with it? Sure we want the defense fixed, but what scares you about drafting a QB in the first round?

How many of our later round draft picks have worked out for us in the last 20 years....

Mecca
12-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Lets see what happens there was a time Quinn was thought of as the lock #1 guy and he dropped...nothing is set in stone.

Tribal Warfare
12-23-2008, 05:57 PM
How many of our later round draft picks have worked out for us in the last 20 years....

Waiver wire kid Thigpen is the man, Skeletor yearns for his man touch!!!!!!!!

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 05:59 PM
What does that have to do with it? Sure we want the defense fixed, but what scares you about drafting a QB in the first round?

Nothing, if stafford is there, pull the trigger, but something tells me he's not going to be there considering Detroit is in desperate need of one. Yes, this is the Detroit Lions, but they already got rid of their gm and i am sure, at least i hope for their sake, they bring in a competent one to do the right thing for their organization.

I have no problems trying to draft one in the 2nd or 3rd. I just dont see what QBOTF is there at the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft.

Fruit Ninja
12-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Lets see what happens there was a time Quinn was thought of as the lock #1 guy and he dropped...nothing is set in stone.

Yeah, and he's getting punched by his teammates in the face. lol

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Waiver wire kid Thigpen is the man, Skeletor yearns for his man touch!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Kansas City has offically become an NFL QB Factory, After 20 years of Fail, we have offically started pumping out NFL Pro Bowl QB's!

Skip Towne
12-23-2008, 06:02 PM
How do we know what is going to happen when we dont even know who the GM or coach is...

This draft just will be different than any other in the last 20 years, maybe we will actually draft like an NFL franchise?

Or we might draft like Wiggin, Bettis, Mackovic, Gunther or DV.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Or we might draft like Wiggin, Bettis, Mackovic, Marty, Gunther, DV or Herm.

FYP

:D

No one is exempt from the terrible drafting we have done over the last 20 years...

Ari Chi3fs
12-23-2008, 06:08 PM
We know the Bradford wins at Arrowhead. Oh snap!

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Nothing, if stafford is there, pull the trigger, but something tells me he's not going to be there considering Detroit is in desperate need of one. Yes, this is the Detroit Lions, but they already got rid of their gm and i am sure, at least i hope for their sake, they bring in a competent one to do the right thing for their organization.

I have no problems trying to draft one in the 2nd or 3rd. I just dont see what QBOTF is there at the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft.

Just curious... I am excited to see how the GM and HC will think and how they will draft...

It should be a breath of fresh air on draft days...

aturnis
12-23-2008, 06:10 PM
So basically, what you're all saying is..."Rhett Bomar or bust"? Stafford won't be available.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:10 PM
So basically, what you're all saying is..."Rhett Bomar or bust"? Stafford won't be available.

Detriot is dead set on Stafford?

blueballs
12-23-2008, 06:13 PM
winning the draft=championships
going for two in a row
yee haw

Mecca
12-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Detriot is dead set on Stafford?

Their fan base sure isn't.....Detroit could go alot of ways to be honest. They have a vet QB who got injured a guy drafted in the 2nd round on their bench and if they go 0-16 they'll probably try to make moves to win some games next year.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Their fan base sure isn't.....Detroit could go alot of ways to be honest. They have a vet QB who got injured a guy drafted in the 2nd round on their bench and if they go 0-16 they'll probably try to make moves to win some games next year.

I feel we have a great/awesome shot at Stafford... IT will be interesting to say the least on this years draft...

crazycoffey
12-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Mecca, you crack me up;
All you could say this last draft was "BPA" - so many holes

now it's - QB only or we'll be DOOOOOOMED!!!

Mecca
12-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Um dude...I'd have taken Matt Ryan last year if they had been in a spot to do it. We went over that a few times, no one thought he'd last to us but hey that's how it goes.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Mecca, you crack me up;
All you could say this last draft was "BPA" - so many holes

now it's - QB only or we'll be DOOOOOOMED!!!

I dont think we are doomed if we dont take a QB, Hell we dont even have a GM or HC and his staff yet...

I would like to think Stafford is a franchise QB, But who knows, just like any draft for any team, it is all a crap shoot... Heck we have spent an assload of picks on the DL for the last 3 years. We arent reaping many rewards yet.

But if the new staff thinks there is a Franchise QB and draft one, I wont complain, at least for the first time in 20 years we are trying to build a championship team, not a first round playoff team...

Mecca
12-23-2008, 06:22 PM
I dont think we are doomed if we dont take a QB, Hell we dont even have a GM or HC and his staff yet...

I would like to think Stafford is a franchise QB, But who knows, just like any draft for any team, it is all a crap shoot... Heck we have spent an assload of picks on the DL for the last 3 years. We arent reaping many rewards yet.

But if the new staff thinks there is a Franchise QB and draft one, I wont complain, at least for the first time in 20 years we are trying to build a championship team, not a first round playoff team...

Don't worry, Coffey is like Jason they'd rather talk about me and take the opposite view of anything I say.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Well Mecca, we all have our fans and stalkers... Its just a price you pay for being so good...

crazycoffey
12-23-2008, 06:28 PM

your best post ever! and you didn't even mention the H name!!!!
I feel like a proud father....

crazycoffey
12-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Well Mecca, we all have our fans and stalkers... Its just a price you pay for being so good...

then you follow it with this crap gem....

luv
12-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Don't worry, Coffey is like Jason they'd rather talk about me and take the opposite view of anything I say.

It's not hard to do. They just have to say something good about the team.

blueballs
12-23-2008, 06:31 PM
oh snap

crazycoffey
12-23-2008, 06:32 PM

No, I basically am ALWAYS on the side of BPA - I think the range of difference is rather far apart, particularly as the draft goes on, but you got to take the best players you can, as you see it during that time.

I am not sold yet on Bradford or Stafford being a top 5 pick, I say yet, because admittedly I haven't seen enough of both.

I have agreed with you several times, before you changed your mind anyway....

dj56dt58
12-23-2008, 06:46 PM
yeah..lets draft a qb so we can ditch him for a 50 yr old veteran when he isnt peyton manning after 2 seasons..shit we can't even give thigpen 2 seasons to develop and he's played well

Mecca
12-23-2008, 06:47 PM
yeah..lets draft a qb so we can ditch him for a 50 yr old veteran when he isnt peyton manning after 2 seasons..shit we can't even give thigpen 2 seasons to develop and he's played well

Completely different scenario, please factor in everything else. It's not like these fools are Alex Smith.

Hydrae
12-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I am still trying to figure out why Mecca is a fan of this horrible team that has sucked for his entire lifetime. They can't get competent coaches in here, have had a crappy GM for 2 decades and haven't been to the Super Bowl in 40 years. Yet here he sits on a message board for said team and does nothing but bitch about every move that team makes. I don't get it, he must enjoy being miserable. :shrug:

Mecca
12-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I am still trying to figure out why Mecca is a fan of this horrible team that has sucked for his entire lifetime. They can't get competent coaches in here, have had a crappy GM for 2 decades and haven't been to the Super Bowl in 40 years. Yet here he sits on a message board for said team and does nothing but bitch about every move that team makes. I don't get it, he must enjoy being miserable. :shrug:

Um they're 2-13 everyone should be bitching....and it's not so much the record these coaches are awful and these players aside from a couple haven't developed well.

No one should have much nice to say about a team that is one of the worst in football.
What do you want to do throw a party and speak well of being awful?

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:50 PM
your best post ever! and you didn't even mention the H name!!!!
I feel like a proud father....

I feel so emotional.....

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:51 PM
then you follow it with this crap gem....
And my emotions say 4321

:D

Hydrae
12-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Um they're 2-13 everyone should be bitching....and it's not so much the record these coaches are awful and these players aside from a couple haven't developed well.

No one should have much nice to say about a team that is one of the worst in football.
What do you want to do throw a party and speak well of being awful?

That is my point. It has been this way for many, many years. I would have thought you might find a team that had competent leadership and follow them. All the yelling, screaming, bitching and tantrum throwing on a message board will do nothing to change this team so why have you stayed with the Chiefs? And don't tell me you knew changes were coming when we all thought until 2 weeks ago that we had at least one more year of Carl.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 06:52 PM

In fairness should anyone really be acting overjoyed about the team? This market is really a very nice market in many other places they'd demanding Herms head on a platter, here he has defenders.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 06:53 PM

Errrr, follow along skippy, its pretty easy, IF we have a new GM and HC, how do we know they are going to be just like the last 20 years of Chiefs?

Mecca
12-23-2008, 06:53 PM
That is my point. It has been this way for many, many years. I would have thought you might find a team that had competent leadership and follow them. All the yelling, screaming, bitching and tantrum throwing on a message board will do nothing to change this team so why have you stayed with the Chiefs? And don't tell me you knew changes were coming when we all thought until 2 weeks ago that we had at least one more year of Carl.

Cause we're fans of the team?

What are you trying to tell me "if you don't like being a fan of a shitty team pick another one" well what the hell kinda post is that?

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Idiot

Seconded PLUS:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/4f4cd5ba.png

Mecca
12-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I've still yet to figure out what Hydrae is even saying, it looks like "accept that our team sucks and be happy or pick another team"

Hydrae
12-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Cause we're fans of the team?

What are you trying to tell me "if you don't like being a fan of a shitty team pick another one" well what the hell kinda post is that?

I have followed this team for 20 years and have not lived in the area for 15 of them. Would I have liked some championships, etc? Of course. But I am not going to jump up and down on a message board and call people idiots for disagreeing with my viewpoint. If it hurts you this much and you stick around I guess you are just a masochist at heart.

I just do not understand how a person continually follows a team that upsets them as much as the Chiefs seem to upset you. Personally I follow sports for enjoyment, not to frustrate myself. Then again, I don't watch horror movies because I don't find getting scared or grossed out entertaining either.

Ceej
12-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I am pretty sure Kitna may not be back in Detroit after this offseason.

chiefbowe82
12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
whats wrong with thigpen, we've got our rookie qb already. he's young, he's got a cannon, he's a white micheal vick, and has done a good job. can we really say another rookie that comes in here is gonna look better, we so dearly need lb's and ends and a right offensive line. Take one in the 3rd, grab a vet and let thigpen compete, good lord why throw him out the door

crazycoffey
12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I've still yet to figure out what Hydrae is even saying, it looks like "accept that our team sucks and be happy or pick another team"

you would see it that way... extreme view A to extreme view B. That's all you can see isn't it?

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 07:00 PM
His theory is that even if we get a top flight QB it won't matter if our pass rush isn't good. He has a flaw in his logic though. Play for 2010 and forward. Draft a QB this year and a Rusher next year. The bottom line is we need a playmaker at both positions. if we get a pash rusher and all he is is a plodder above average than that was a waste. There are those all over the league and some in later round. He also discounts what having a decent defensive cordinator could do. I don't think he fully understands how bad gunther and herm is on defense. We have no imagination, we have people do the exact oppo of what they are supposed to do (Dj at MLB, pollard 40 yards from the LOS,) we haven't even tried press hardly at all this year how about a nickle blitz if they didn't do anything like that this year Herm and Gun won't do it next. Oh god and I almost forgot playing glen dorsey like he is gilbert brown

Exactly!

You have to get while the gettings good! Even if you don't really want the guy, make the other teams think you do, and use it!

Ceej
Personally, not that anyone cares, I'd take BPA at #2 or #3.

If Stafford is at #2 or #3 you take him. If he's not - then I really have no idea.

Mecca
whats wrong with thigpen, we've got our rookie qb already. he's young, he's got a cannon, he's a white micheal vick, and has done a good job. can we really say another rookie that comes in here is gonna look better, we so dearly need lb's and ends and a right offensive line. Take one in the 3rd, grab a vet and let thigpen compete, good lord why throw him out the door

He does not have a cannon, you apparently missed those ducks the other day.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:01 PM
I have followed this team for 20 years and have not lived in the area for 15 of them. Would I have liked some championships, etc? Of course. But I am not going to jump up and down on a message board and call people idiots for disagreeing with my viewpoint. If it hurts you this much and you stick around I guess you are just a masochist at heart.

I just do not understand how a person continually follows a team that upsets them as much as the Chiefs seem to upset you. Personally I follow sports for enjoyment, not to frustrate myself. Then again, I don't watch horror movies because I don't find getting scared or grossed out entertaining either.

Fan discontent changes things, note this years empty stadium.

We're all fans of the team but the team needs alot of change to be good.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 07:02 PM
I am pretty sure Kitna may not be back in Detroit after this offseason.

And the point is....

DeezNutz
12-23-2008, 07:02 PM

Compare the deep balls Thigpen threw to the ones from Aaron Rogers last night.

It's not even close, and the weather conditions were very similar.

Hydrae
12-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Fan discontent changes things, note this years empty stadium.

We're all fans of the team but the team needs alot of change to be good.

And I am sure you will effect this change from the Planet. Keep up the good work, I am glad you got Carl removed before he did too much damage. :thumb:

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:04 PM
I think people just look at Thigpens stats and don't take circumstances into account, I think he'll be a fine backup.

Darth CarlSatan

The time to get the 12+year QB is NOW. Right NOW. I don't know any other way to put it.

Mecca
And I am sure you will effect this change from the Planet. Keep up the good work, I am glad you got Carl removed before he did too much damage. :thumb:

Ok then we should just shut the board down since nothing we say here matters.

chiefbowe82
12-23-2008, 07:05 PM

the wind was blowing heavily, and got them caught up in the air, catch a few balls from him and tell me what you think

chiefbowe82
12-23-2008, 07:05 PM
The time to get the 12+year QB is NOW. Right NOW. I don't know any other way to put it.

guess what?, we already have him!!!!

DeezNutz
12-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I think people just look at Thigpens stats and don't take circumstances into account, I think he'll be a fine backup.

I'm surprised people aren't more content with this. We found a guy off the scrap heap, and it looks like he'll be a very solid #2. This is great news.

Keitzman had another line today that I thought was very apt. This isn't going to be exact, but it's very close: "The Chiefs have Mark Teahen at QB, and people think he's the answer."

Thigpen has done more than we could have imagined, particularly after the Atl game. Now let's not go crazy making him out to be something he's not.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:07 PM
And here we go again, by NFL standards it's an average arm.

Sorry I don't see it, I see a guy who completes 55% of his passes in an offense that is over simplified that also tends to freak out if Gonzalez is covered. A guy that should have 10 more INT's than he does and a guy that right now has bad footwork and can't play from center.

That's a hell of alot to ask a guy to improve upon, I see a nice backup maybe even a guy that can come in and run a few gimmick plays for you in a game. Tyler Thigpen is like Seneca Wallace.

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:09 PM
And the point is....

Because, do you think IF Kitna doesn't return they'll go into the season with Culpepper and Orlovsky?

Just being hypothetical is all. Personally, I think it would be dumb for Detroit to NOT select Stafford. However, I would not be surprised.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Because, do you think IF Kitna doesn't return they'll go into the season with Culpepper and Orlovsky?

Just being hypothetical is all. Personally, I think it would be dumb for Detroit to NOT select Stafford. However, I would not be surprised.

They could go sign Matt Cassell.

dirk digler
12-23-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't get why we can't do both? This team has alot of draft picks and alot of money to spend to fix both sides or at least get the D up to Top 15 or better.

This all or nothing crap is just that...CRAP

Mecca
I'm surprised people aren't more content with this. We found a guy off the scrap heap, and it looks like he'll be a very solid #2. This is great news.

Keitzman had another line today that I thought was very apt. This isn't going to be exact, but it's very close: "The Chiefs have Mark Teahen at QB, and people think he's the answer."

Thigpen has done more than we could have imagined, particularly after the Atl game. Now let's not go crazy making him out to be something he's not.

Mark Teahen that is a good example, I remember when everyone tried to convince themselves he'd be good.

Ceej
They could go sign Matt Cassell.

And like I said, I'm just being hypothetical.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:11 PM
And like I said, I'm just being hypothetical.

After being 0-16 I don't think they'll just sit back and draft guys, I expect them to go for the Miami approach because if they were to go 1-15 right after they might lose the city.

chiefbowe82
12-23-2008, 07:12 PM
After being 0-16 I don't think they'll just sit back and draft guys, I expect them to go for the Miami approach because if they were to go 1-15 right after they might lose the city.

what was the miami approach

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 07:13 PM
guess what?, we already have him!!!!

ROFL

No offense, but I think the NFL may be a bit over your head. Here, try this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6I5DzMYqcU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6I5DzMYqcU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ceej
That just depends on who decides to take over. I'm unsure about it - but I don't think they've replaced Millen yet, have they?

Who knows, really?

My whole point was Kitna probably will not be back. Obviously they don't want Orlovsky, or Culpepper as their starting QB when the season starts.

Cassell and possibly drafting Stafford are both considerable options.

Deberg_1990
Its too bad we are going to be a year late on snagging Dimitroff and Smith.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:14 PM

Sign some vets, especially at QB and try to compete, it's worked out better than expected for Miami.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:15 PM
That just depends on who decides to take over. I'm unsure about it - but I don't think they've replaced Millen yet, have they?

Who knows, really?

My whole point was Kitna probably will not be back. Obviously they don't want Orlovsky, or Culpepper as their starting QB when the season starts.

Cassell and possibly drafting Stafford are both considerable options.

Just like when Herm and Gailey are out of here I don't think the new regime is going to want Thigpen starting no matter how much that may dismay some of the fan base.

DeezNutz
12-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Mark Teahen that is a good example, I remember when everyone tried to convince themselves he'd be good.

It is a good example, and it's not insulting. Teahen is a nice ML player, a very, very good role player on a good team. It's just that he's exposed on a below-average team like the Royals that was hoping/asking/demanding that he be a star.

Same thing with Thigpen. Ask him to be your #1, and you're going to be very disappointed. Have him as your #2, and he could be one of the better ones in the league.

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm just curious - and I'm not being facetious whatsoever, Mecca.

Say we pick #2 or #3 in the draft. The Lions take Stafford #1 overall.

Who do you take?

eazyb81
12-23-2008, 07:18 PM
How would Teicher be talking to "inside" people when the "inside" people that will make personnel decisions aren't even with the team at this point?

Mecca
I'm just curious - and I'm not being facetious whatsoever, Mecca.

Say we pick #2 or #3 in the draft. The Lions take Stafford #1 overall.

Who do you take?

Who's declared.....I mean all of this will change after workouts but if I don't know who's in the draft I can't really make a good pick.

Mecca
How would Teicher be talking to "inside" people when the "inside" people that will make personnel decisions aren't even with the team at this point?

I guess some of the front office people are working like they aren't going to be let go.

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Uhh.. I really don't know about the much draft and most of the underclassmen who have and have not declared.

Lets say all of the major names declare. If that helps, at all. I don't follow college football much.

eazyb81
12-23-2008, 07:21 PM
I guess some of the front office people are working like they aren't going to be let go.

Yeah but it doesn't even matter what they say or think. They'll be canned thank God.

Mecca
Uhh.. I really don't know about the much draft and most of the underclassmen who have and have not declared.

Lets say all of the major names declare. If that helps, at all. I don't follow college football much.

Mark Sanchez?

My favorite end prospect isn't worth a top 5 pick and could drop some so that could work out best for my thought.

Mecca
Yeah but it doesn't even matter what they say or think. They'll be canned thank God.

If anything a bunch of new people coming in probably sways it even more to QB, alot of new regimes start with that position.

eazyb81
12-23-2008, 07:22 PM
If anything a bunch of new people coming in probably sways it even more to QB, alot of new regimes start with that position.

Thankfully.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Thankfully.

You're not one of the Thignuts eh?

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:23 PM
I know you're a USC fan.

Is Mark Sanchez worth the #2 or #3 overall pick? I don't know much about the guy, or where some of the mock drafts have him.

Here's a curious question, is there any way Selvie lasts until round #2?

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:25 PM
I know you're a USC fan.

Is Mark Sanchez worth the #2 or #3 overall pick? I don't know much about the guy, or where some of the mock drafts have him.

Here's a curious question, is there any way Selvie lasts until round #2?

In fairness Sanchez isn't expected to come out, but if he did I think he'd be a top 10 pick. He has a very strong arm, good mobility, he plays from under center in a pro style offense he's tough and takes hits to make throws, and his intangibles are very good.

Selvie is also an underclassman and didn't have a great year he may not come out, I like Everette Brown personally.

eazyb81
12-23-2008, 07:27 PM
You're not one of the Thignuts eh?

I told you earlier today that my top choice was Stafford or Bradford. Last year I wanted Ryan.

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:27 PM
So, again, being hypothetical (lol) why not draft mostly defense in this year's draft. Suck it up, allow Thigpen to run the O again - run the spread and so on. I know how many of the people here would cringe at that thought.

Then target someone like Sanchez in next year's draft? Wouldn't that ultimately be the best scenario?

Again, it depends based solely on our new office personnel and our HC.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:28 PM
I told you earlier today that my top choice was Stafford or Bradford. Last year I wanted Ryan.

What about Sanchez I think he projects better than Bradford does.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:29 PM
So, again, being hypothetical (lol) why not draft mostly defense in this year's draft. Suck it up, allow Thigpen to run the O again - run the spread and so on. I know how many of the people here would cringe at that thought.

Then target someone like Sanchez in next year's draft? Wouldn't that ultimately be the best scenario?

I think the odds of the new head coach allowing the Chiefs to run this offense next year is about the same as me banging Angelina Jolie in the next 5 minutes...

Plus what if the new head coach knows what he's doing and they split their close games and win 5 or 6 games? Mark Sanchez has a shot to go #1 next year.

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Okay, then. That eliminates Stafford and Sanchez if he does not declare.

So, Everette Brown would be your choice at #2 or #3?

eazyb81
12-23-2008, 07:31 PM
What about Sanchez I think he projects better than Bradford does.

I don't think there's much of a chance he comes out this year. He could be the #1 pick next year if he stays and gets another year of experience.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Okay, then. That eliminates Stafford and Sanchez if he does not declare.

So, Everette Brown would be your choice at #2 or #3?

No...Brown isn't worth that pick just because I personally like him doesn't mean I'm taking him.

aturnis
12-23-2008, 07:33 PM

http://morehouse.ca/stuff/ball_licker.jpg

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Haha, then quit dodging the question, unintentionally of course.

I just like looking at all viewpoints. At #2, or #3 trading down sounds very intriguing, but as Chiefs fans we say that year in and year out.

I'd like to pick up another 2nd rounder, or maybe another first rounder like this past year.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
All I can say is if you decide the best players on your board are guys like Aaron Curry and Taylor Mays then you should try to trade out because the next best player is an OT.

aturnis
12-23-2008, 07:34 PM

rep!

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Is taking an OT really that bad?

Anyone but MacIntosh please.

If Stafford has been picked and we do not trade down, would you go OT?

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:37 PM

If you take a OT that high, he has to play LT or you burned that pick then you have to move Albert after he's had a good season....and then where are you moving him to?

bowener
12-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Following from what Mecca was saying about Detroit taking the Miami approach for next year, should we continue to assume that they will draft a QB?

I know Drew Stanton isn't the answer for them, but if they bring in a Vet and teach him up he can be a backup to their QBOTF while the Vet tries to win games for them.

Don't forget that they have a low 20's pick that they get from Dallas' dumb ass.

The Lions are abysmal and need talent everywhere, so is it inconceivable that they go for Andre Smith with their 1st overall pick? Then they will have a starting LT for a decade to come, as well as last years 1st rounder Gosder Cherilus who is playing RT for them. That would give them young bookend T's.

With their second 1st rounder, could the Lions go after a QB like Nate Davis (if he comes out after losing his coach)? Of course this pick depends greatly on the combine, but even if they don't they could go after a LB or DE here, and rely on the signed vet to play QB for the year.

If that happens, what happens to the draft board? The Rams wouldn't go for Stafford would they? Didn't they just pay Bulger a ton of money, and won't they try to draft a rookie LT to replace Orlando Pace? Or, if another team falls in love with Stafford and knows that we will most likely take him, will somebody try to jump up and take him?

Ceej
12-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Why does he have to play LT?

Because that's our QB's blindside?

Why can you not take a RT at #2 or #3?

aturnis
12-23-2008, 07:39 PM

We don't need a RT in the top 3. Poor value.

luv
12-23-2008, 07:39 PM
One question about the BPA draft method. Do you always pick the BPA regardless of position? I mean, we do prioritize our needs, right?

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:40 PM

It's really bad value...basically if you take a guy top 5 he has to play LT or it's a shit pick. He'd be one of the highest paid Olineman in football right away which means the only position he can play that makes it ok is LT.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Following from what Mecca was saying about Detroit taking the Miami approach for next year, should we continue to assume that they will draft a QB?

I know Drew Stanton isn't the answer for them, but if they bring in a Vet and teach him up he can be a backup to their QBOTF while the Vet tries to win games for them.

Don't forget that they have a low 20's pick that they get from Dallas' dumb ass.

The Lions are abysmal and need talent everywhere, so is it inconceivable that they go for Andre Smith with their 1st overall pick? Then they will have a starting LT for a decade to come, as well as last years 1st rounder Gosder Cherilus who is playing RT for them. That would give them young bookend T's.

With their second 1st rounder, could the Lions go after a QB like Nate Davis (if he comes out after losing his coach)? Of course this pick depends greatly on the combine, but even if they don't they could go after a LB or DE here, and rely on the signed vet to play QB for the year.

If that happens, what happens to the draft board? The Rams wouldn't go for Stafford would they? Didn't they just pay Bulger a ton of money, and won't they try to draft a rookie LT to replace Orlando Pace? Or, if another team falls in love with Stafford and knows that we will most likely take him, will somebody try to jump up and take him?

From what I understand the Rams wanted Jake Long in the worst way last year so OT is not out of the question for them.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 07:41 PM

Because you can draft really good RT's outside the first round... and why would you invest more in your RT spot than your LT spot?

PGM
12-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Alot of teams get thier mauller, run blocker right tackle in the later rounds that is another reason it can be considered crazy to take one that high.

Mecca
One question about the BPA draft method. Do you always pick the BPA regardless of position? I mean, we do prioritize our needs, right?

Well I'd hope so there are such things as positional value and value to certain teams.

Like a franchise QB isn't goin to be valued by the Colts.

bowener
From what I understand the Rams wanted Jake Long in the worst way last year so OT is not out of the question for them.

So in that scenario, Stafford falls to us. Is he truly worth the #3 pick?

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
If you want a top 5 pick RT, we can just sign Mike Williams he's looking for a job...yet another reason I don't like drafting Texas players.

PGM

I can see them taking LT, but Bulger has been brutal the last 2 years. I could easily see them going QB or LT as bad as thier line has been as well.

Mecca

Sure I'd take the guy, he wouldn't be throwing wounded ducks on a cold Sunday I know that much.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:44 PM
I can see them taking LT, but Bulger has been brutal the last 2 years. I could easily see them going QB or LT as bad as thier line has been as well.

They have a cap issue with drafting a QB, Bulger has a ton of money left on his deal and I've heard their new GM may be a guy they just promote from within which would lead to them likely trying to put guys in front of Bulger.

bowener
12-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Sure I'd take the guy, he wouldn't be throwing wounded ducks on a cold Sunday I know that much.

Ok, thanks. That scenario doesn't seem to outside of the ordinary, especially when you take a look around the league and see how well the LT's played as rookies this year. I think Detroit will want in on some of that, and the Rams will have to settle for second best, and I guess we get our QB.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 07:47 PM

I'd take hiim with the #1 pick...

PGM
12-23-2008, 07:47 PM
They have a cap issue with drafting a QB, Bulger has a ton of money left on his deal and I've heard their new GM may be a guy they just promote from within which would lead to them likely trying to put guys in front of Bulger.

Well if you were a GM, would you settle for subpar QB play when you have the chance to draft a franchise QB top 3?? Unless you actually believe Bulger would be fine with a better line. They do need a LT as Pace is pretty much done though. I see what you are saying, but I'm not convinced they pass on a QB.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Lots of weird things could happen, if the Lions don't take Stafford I don't think the Rams would.

If the Lions go with the "physical football approach" and do the whole Dolphins thing then their first pick won't be a QB.

I think the Rams would value OT's and then possibly Aaron Curry to put behind their 2 high pick linemen from the last 2 years.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Well if you were a GM, would you settle for subpar QB play when you have the chance to draft a franchise QB top 3?? Unless you actually believe Bulger would be fine with a better line. They do need a LT as Pace is pretty much done though. I see what you are saying, but I'm not convinced they pass on a QB.

When he has 30 million dollars left on his contract it's pretty hard to just throw him away.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 07:51 PM

I didn't know Kitna was FA after this year; that sucks. I thought the Lions would take Stafford just because it's the smart move in the long run for their franchise, I didn't know they were actually going to need a guy.

If that's the case, the only way the Chiefs will land Stafford is he holds off another year, or we use the Hunt's "Stafford / Texas" connections AND give away the entire fucking house to Detroit and whoever lands in the number 2.
And I can guarantee you; somehow or another, we will lose Gonzales in this.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:53 PM
The Lions could play this 1 of 2 ways.....they could see that Miami was awful last year, and now made the playoffs and decide go to that route by taking an OT, signing a QB and some other lower priced vets.

PGM
12-23-2008, 07:54 PM
When he has 30 million dollars left on his contract it's pretty hard to just throw him away.

So, you just continue to throw him out there when he clearly has not lived up to that contract? Have you seen him play the last 2 years, because if he was a Chief i guarentee you'd want him gone.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 07:57 PM

This is no different( minus the salaries of course )than what the radio guys do. And I'll tell you this right now; over the course of this season, I've heard a LOT of message board parroting coming over the airwaves.

Positions that certain radio guys never took or touched, are now spewing forth from their mouths on a daily basis*.

People look at this shit more than you think.

*Petro, you fuckin' Ass Pirate.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 07:57 PM
So, you just continue to throw him out there when he clearly has not lived up to that contract? Have you seen him play the last 2 years, because if he was a Chief i guarentee you'd want him gone.

You can't logically have 130 million dollars of QB on your roster. I know what you're saying but cap implications and financial reasons also play into decisions.

aturnis
12-23-2008, 07:58 PM

yeah, but Jeff Webb also spent the better part of a year as your avatar...just saying.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Maybe we can trade Thigpen to Detroit?

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 07:59 PM

The right one apparently...:doh!:

RustShack
yeah, but Jeff Webb also spent the better part of a year as your avatar...just saying.

I also had that as my avatar since back in the day when I "adopted" him.

PGM
You can't logically have 130 million dollars of QB on your roster. I know what you're saying but cap implications and financial reasons also play into decisions.

Gotcha, seems like they F'd themselves by giving him all that money. I think it's funny that alot of Ram fans I know really want Bradford and aren't high at all on Stafford. I just laugh and say you can have him.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 08:00 PM

Why is that dude even on the team?

RustShack
12-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Why is that dude even on the team?

Herm Edwards.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Herm Edwards.

You adopted Jeff Webb, well after Herm gets fired and he's not in the league anymore I hope you have a nice bedroom for him.

PGM
12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Maybe we can trade Thigpen to Detroit?

Detroit may go after Cassell in free agency.

aturnis
12-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Something about being HermanFUCKINGEdwards son's college roomate.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 08:04 PM
You adopted Jeff Webb, well after Herm gets fired and he's not in the league anymore I hope you have a nice bedroom for him.

It was for some Chiefs Planet thing a couple years back :cuss:

Mecca
12-23-2008, 08:05 PM
I read that as he was fucking Herman Edwards son while being his roommate and double taked.

bowener
The Lions could play this 1 of 2 ways.....they could see that Miami was awful last year, and now made the playoffs and decide go to that route by taking an OT, signing a QB and some other lower priced vets.

That seems to be what would work the best for them as well. They are an entirely different kind of awful. They might as well assume they will be terrible the following year and build this team from the foundation up. Adding a cant miss stud LT to their team would be great for them, then depending on the off-season for them, they can go anyway they want with the Dallas pick in the mid to late 1st and pick up a MAC QB, or a real good LB or starting DT.

Mecca

Jeff Webb and John McGraw must be really upset right now.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Mark Sanchez, Motherfucker! :rockon:

My favorite end prospect isn't worth a top 5 pick and could drop some so that could work out best for my thought.

FYP:thumb::toast:

aturnis
12-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Can't get Stafford. He's been hit with the "RustShack" avatar curse.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Jeff Webb and John McGraw must be really upset right now.

There are many that are upset, if Herm is gone, so are they....

The good ol buddy system is still alive and well in KC... People bitch about Carl and his buddies, but Herm hasnt left his buddies behind....

Can anyone truly explain what the hell Dick Curl provides this team?

eazyb81
12-23-2008, 08:07 PM

I remember that. I adopted Key Fox - that didn't work out too well.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 08:08 PM
I remember that. I adopted Key Fox - that didn't work out too well.

Well he's on the Steelers now so maybe it did for him personally.

PGM
12-23-2008, 08:09 PM
There are many that are upset, if Herm is gone, so are they....

The good ol buddy system is still alive and well in KC... People bitch about Carl and his buddies, but Herm hasnt left his buddies behind....

Amazing clock management skillz :whackit:

RustShack
12-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Can't get Stafford. He's been hit with the "RustShack" avatar curse.

Yeah, Bowe will probably flame out in a few years too since hes in my signature right?

aturnis
12-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Lions WOULD be smart to pick up Cassel. Take a top tackle with their first 1st rounder, a top defender(one who can tackle) with their 2nd 1st, and another strong pick with their 2nd. They could make a lot of progress this offseason if they're smart.

They'd have a pretty good mix of QB's too.

Cassel
Orlovsky
Stanton

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Amazing clock management skillz :whackit:

ROFL

aturnis
12-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Crazy lip.

Mecca
12-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah, Bowe will probably flame out in a few years too since hes in my signature right?

Well he catches like he burned his hands.

aturnis
12-23-2008, 08:13 PM

avatar curse...not signature curse.:doh!:

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Crazy lip service?.

:shrug:

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I know you're a USC fan.

Yes, yes, and a 1000 fucking times yes.

In fairness Sanchez isn't expected to come out, but if he did I think he'd be a top 10 pick. He has a very strong arm, good mobility, he plays from under center in a pro style offense he's tough and takes hits to make throws, and his intangibles are very good.

Mecca's being modest. The fact of the matter is that Stafford has elevated his personal game( technique and all the other shit, etc.)to slightly above the level that Mark started at this year.

That's the position I've taken as well. The problem is; we don't know that we can totally suck again, and end up in our current draft position. But we could probably suck enough that if by giving away that first pick THIS year, we could possibly work something good for next year if Matt get's taken and Mark doesn't declare.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 08:24 PM

I wondered if I'd ever see the day, but here it is:

REP!

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Well he catches like he burned his hands.

He's definitely approaching that road sign that says:

Pro Bowl, HOF >>>>

<<<< Everything Else
<butterfingers gone="" tomorrow.=""><butterfingers, gone="" tomorrow.=""></butterfingers,></butterfingers>

RINGLEADER
12-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Need a DE more than a QB but if you get DE (a real one -- not some last leg guy who had a good season five years ago, but someone in his prime like Jared Allen) in FA I don't have a problem drafting a QB and letting Thigpen be the starter for 2009.

All that said, I don't know if there is a QB worth of a #2/#3 in this year's draft.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Need a DE more than a QB but if you get DE (a real one -- not some last leg guy who had a good season five years ago, but someone in his prime like Jared Allen) in FA I don't have a problem drafting a QB and letting Thigpen be the starter for 2009.

All that said, I don't know if there is a QB worth of a #2/#3 in this year's draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if he finds his way back to KC in the near future.

Not surprised at all...

aturnis
12-23-2008, 08:48 PM
:shrug:

as in this.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/staff/dick_curl.jpg

He has no fucking lips. Claythan always posts pics where he's more animated. They really show off the freakishness of his condition.

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 08:57 PM
That's great; pick on the one guy in 200 who actually knows what the fuck he's doing.
Yayy...

aturnis
12-23-2008, 09:01 PM
That's great; pick on the one guy in 200 who actually knows what the **** he's doing.
Yayy...

Huh?

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Huh?

That IS our OC, yes?

RustShack
12-23-2008, 09:33 PM
That IS our OC, yes?

I believe that was Dick Curl...

blueballs
12-23-2008, 09:49 PM
That IS our OC, yes?

develop a fear of fire

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 09:50 PM
I believe that was Dick Curl...

My God; they're all interchangeable pod people!!!:eek:

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 09:50 PM
develop a fear of fire

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/b1cbea68.gif

Taco John
12-23-2008, 10:04 PM
The Browns will cut Brady Quinn and you guys will jump on him to compete with Thigpen, and then draft a DE.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 10:10 PM
The Browns will cut Brady Quinn and you guys will jump on him to compete with Thigpen, and then draft a DE.

Yeah... hes not getting cut anytime soon.

Taco John
12-23-2008, 10:12 PM
A guy can dream can't he?

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 10:14 PM

Wouldnt surprise me...

Jesus will all the first day picks we have spent on the DL with minimal results, you figure people would stop clamouring for ANOTHER DE...

Yes I understand how important the DL is...

Darth CarlSatan
12-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Wouldnt surprise me...

Jesus will all the first day picks we have spent on the DL with minimal results, you figure people would stop clamouring for ANOTHER DE...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuJCKzPdNc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuJCKzPdNc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yes I understand how important the DL is...

:evil:FYP

Phobia
12-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Teicher talks to NFL players and staff all day. He's paid a healthy salary which supports his family.

What is it about yourself that makes you believe you're vastly more qualified than Adam, Mecca?

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 11:37 PM
:evil:FYP

WTF?

ROFL

Douche Baggins
12-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Yaaaaaaaaay Phobia has an avatar again...

keg in kc
12-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Calling teicher a true fan has to be one of the most hilarious things i've read on here in years.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Calling teicher a true fan has to be one of the most hilarious things i've read on here in years.

These days it's hard to dicern morons, idiots, fucktards, assholes, hacks, and true fans of the society of Kansas City Chiefs fandom.

Darth CarlSatan
12-24-2008, 12:18 AM
WTF?

ROFL

Well, it breaks down like this; we've got three kinds of fans in this house:

1) Those who dedicate themselves, through trial and error, to try and genuinely understand the science and business of the game by absorbing others knowledge who have attained a level above "True Fan". I would include myself as being "on the cusp" of this, as a Real Fan knows you never stop learning.
Incidentally, I am adopting Real Fan as the proper title for this group.

2) Then we have the Acolyte. The Acolyte has a general working knowledge of both the science and business of the game, but tends to have greater strength in one or the other. The Acolyte tends to stumble from time to time, and may risk falling in to the depths of TFS. When these moments occur, a firm-yet humorous reminder must be administered, so the Acolyte will understand that while he is being corrected, and that there is much yet to still be learned, he is not being forsaken.
I have used this very day, and suggest the following:
The NFL may be over your head. Here, try this:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6I5DzMYqcU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

And then we have...

3) The True Fan. The TF will argue football idiocy until the day he dies. The TF is so completely sure that his way is the only way, he might as well be posting to himself.
NOTE: Gut feelings can only be construed as True Fan if you DON'T have the proper mojo and refrences to back it up. If you think you've found the Magic Elixir; you better be a good Snake-Oil Salesman.
True Fan tendencies include following the herd, and an inability to name AT LEAST THREE MEMBERS of the team that comprised the last Chiefs Super Bowl Team.
For these cretins in the Chiefs Nation, harsh punishment must be applied liberally, and until such time as they either elevate their knowledge, or leave altogether.
My current Stamp Of Shame for these infidels is the piece I used in my response to your post, but NOT directed at you. Rather, those you were righteously denouncing.
Let's listen again:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuJCKzPdNc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

And there you have it! :evil:

Darth CarlSatan
12-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Teicher talks to NFL players and staff all day. He's paid a healthy salary which supports his family.

What is it about yourself that makes you believe you're vastly more qualified than Adam, Mecca?

With all due respect, the man is just as much a victim of his own bias as Whitlock.
The difference, is that Whitlock does not hide the fact that he's biased, and indeed goes to great lengths to proudly announce his bias.

Tiecher tries to "007" his bias in claims that rarely ring true, much less honest to the knowledgeable football fan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2008, 12:56 AM

The man wrote an article not more than a few months ago saying that even if the Chiefs knew that Peyton Manning or John Elway were sitting there in the draft, they should still take a DE.

Assuming that just because the man makes a lot of money for his opinions that somehow they are valid is fallacious.

Darth CarlSatan
12-24-2008, 01:13 AM
The man wrote an article not more than a few months ago saying that even if the Chiefs knew that Peyton Manning or John Elway were sitting there in the draft, they should still take a DE.

Assuming that just because the man makes a lot of money for his opinions that somehow they are valid is fallacious.

It took me a while to understand the logic of your position regarding the direction of the team and the draft, but I get it now completely.

Lack of knowledge aside, the thing that separates you from me in these endeavors is the fact that while we we're playing this season and "stuck with what we've got"; I just wanted to see, and give a chance to some elements I felt might be worthy.
Since we had no choice.

But that's over now and it's time to demolish almost two decades of half-assedness, and get this thing right.

Cheers!:toast: