PDA

View Full Version : Computers DVD Extracting

unothadeal
12-24-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm trying to get the Dark Knight off of DVD onto my Mac so I can watch it on my iPod. So far I've tried HandBrake and MacTheRipper and I'm a little confused. First, for HandBrake it will tell me the DVD is opening but I left it for a good hour and there was no progress (0%) then I DLed MacTheRipper and it's pretty much doing the same thing. It's telling me it's scanning RCE whatever that is. What am I doing wrong?

Count Zarth
12-24-2008, 07:04 PM
You're using a Mac.

I suggest a good PC and a simple, fast program called DVD Shrink. Which, by the way, is not available for Macs. :D

Virtua Chief
12-24-2008, 07:05 PM
What settings do you use in Handbrake? I'm usually good with Quicktime, Normal, or iPod settings.

unothadeal
12-24-2008, 07:10 PM
You're using a Mac.

I suggest a good PC and a simple, fast program called DVD Shrink. Which, by the way, is not available for Macs. :D

Gee gosh golly, thanks Mr. Wendler!

What settings do you use in Handbrake? I'm usually good with Quicktime, Normal, or iPod settings.

I use whatever the default settings are. But I'm not sure if that matters right now because I'm still in the "opening new source" phase. :shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2008, 07:26 PM
DVD Shrink and DVD Fab will not work for ripping the Dark Knight. It has a new, very tough form of encryption. If you want to rip it, you're going to need to use the newest version of AnyDVD. It will strip off the new forms of protection. I used it for a Red Box rental last week after the traditional go-tos didn't work.

unothadeal
12-24-2008, 07:27 PM
DVD Shrink and DVD Fab will not work for ripping the Dark Knight. It has a new, very tough form of encryption. If you want to rip it, you're going to need to use the newest version of AnyDVD. It will strip off the new forms of protection. I used it for a Red Box rental last week after the traditional go-tos didn't work.

Awesome. I'll give it a shot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Awesome. I'll give it a shot.

Don't believe it is Mac compatible though :(.

Fish
12-24-2008, 07:41 PM
If you use Fairmount (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30207), you can remove the encryption like AnyDVD does, and then use Handbrake or MactheRipper to decode the unencrypted DVD like you normally would.

unothadeal
12-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Don't believe it is Mac compatible though :(.

Sigh. This is really fuggin stupid.

unothadeal
12-24-2008, 07:53 PM
If you use Fairmount (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30207), you can remove the encryption like AnyDVD does, and then use Handbrake or MactheRipper to decode the unencrypted DVD like you normally would.

Can I use DVD Remaster to extract it? Is it the same as HB and MTR?

Fish
12-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Can I use DVD Remaster to extract it? Is it the same as HB and MTR?

Probably.

unothadeal
12-24-2008, 08:20 PM
This kind of shit makes me want to break my own dick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2008, 08:24 PM
ROFLThis kind of shit makes me want to break my own dick.

Count Zarth
12-24-2008, 09:20 PM
This kind of shit makes me want to break my own dick.

Yeah I remember when I attempted to transcode AVI to MPEG-2 for a DVD with a Mac. It was like pulling teeth.

But Macs are "intuitive." :rolleyes:

Anyong Bluth
12-25-2008, 12:01 AM
DVD Fab will work if you update to their latest free update. It handles the new encryption The Dark Knight has on it - I made a copy of it the day the movie came out.

88TG88
12-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Just get it from a torrent and burn it with itunes or whatever.

OnTheWarpath58
12-25-2008, 09:17 AM

I used Magic DVD Ripper/Copier and it worked as well. Not compatible with Mac, however.

Looks like I'll use the digital copy included with the BluRay I just bought and put that on the Mac.

Sure-Oz
12-27-2008, 01:48 PM

Is that a free program or do you have to buy it?

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
You're using a Mac.

I suggest a good PC and a simple, fast program called DVD Shrink. Which, by the way, is not available for Macs. :DDVD Shrink will not work on its own. Copy protection.

Lzen
12-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Is that a free program or do you have to buy it?

I downloaded it. Seems to be a cool little program. It is a 21 day trial. Don't know what it cost, though.

I read that you can change the files from .VOB to .mpg. I just did The Dark Knight. It came out in 7 parts. Plus, it is 7 GBs. :eek: Any way to make that smaller and in one part?