PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV 3rd part apps on a ipod touch

oaklandhater
12-25-2008, 02:50 PM
any one know how to put 3rd party apps on an ipod touch

NewChief
12-25-2008, 02:55 PM
You mean from the app store? You need to either get iTunes on your computer and download them onto it. Then you can move them onto the Touch. I think with a touch, you should also be able to connect to the app store via a wireless network.

Guru
12-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Are these things under $200 yet?

oaklandhater
12-25-2008, 04:40 PM
I want the free apps but apprently you have to jailbreak it or something

QuikSsurfer
12-25-2008, 05:56 PM
I want the free apps but apprently you have to jailbreak it or something

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not sure what firmware version you have but you need at least 2.0 to begin installing applications (free or paid for applications). Updating the firmware to 2.0 is not free, unfortunately. I believe it was $9 to update to 2.0 but every update afterward is free.
1. Make sure you have a computer with itunes installed and an existing account.
2. Connect your iPod touch to the computer and itunes should automatically begin syncing and check for software updates (important).
3. If you have a wireless connection, connect to it by going to the ipod's "settings" button (looks like a gear) and selecting your network. Once connected, you can begin downloading apps from the App Store.
You could also download the apps directly from iTunes and then drag them over to the iPod Touch.

Guru
12-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not sure what firmware version you have but you need at least 2.0 to begin installing applications (free or paid for applications). Updating the firmware to 2.0 is not free, unfortunately. I believe it was $9 to update to 2.0 but every update afterward is free.
2. Connect your iPod touch to the computer and itunes should automatically begin syncing and check for software updates (important).
3. If you have a wireless connection, connect to it by going to the ipod's "settings" button (looks like a gear) and selecting your network. Once connected, you can begin downloading apps from the App Store.
You could also download the apps directly from iTunes and then drag them over to the iPod Touch.Wait. You have to pay Apple for an iPod update? What?

oaklandhater
12-25-2008, 08:01 PM
You could also download the apps directly from iTunes and then drag them over to the iPod Touch.

I did my reseach and apple is the biggest bunch of douchebags I have the 2g ipod touch which means I cant open it up to use 3rd party apps apple locked every one out and the apps that you have to pay for are grossly over priced and not worth 10-16.99 each for a web broswer game. now I have to hope target will let me take back an open ipod touch.

oaklandhater
12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Wait. You have to pay Apple for an iPod update? What?

just proveing even more why apple has over taken Micro$oft has the new Greedy MOFO's

you can download cracked 2.0 and install it yourself free of charge.

Guru
12-25-2008, 08:48 PM
just proveing even more why apple has over taken Micro$oft has the new Greedy MOFO's

you can download cracked 2.0 and install it yourself free of charge.The only thing that pisses me off about my Zune is the fact that all these Blu Ray movies that have digital copies won't play on Zune. :cuss:

oaklandhater
12-25-2008, 11:34 PM
The only thing that pisses me off about my Zune is the fact that all these Blu Ray movies that have digital copies won't play on Zune. :cuss:

What format does the digital copies come in have you tryed converting it.

Guru
12-26-2008, 10:12 AM
What format does the digital copies come in have you tryed converting it.Every digital copy I have specifically says it won't work on Zune or PSP. I don't want to mess with conversion as it takes too damn long and defeats the purpose. Maybe, one day, I will just sell the zune and buy one of those damned iPods since they own the world anyway.:shake:

oaklandhater
12-26-2008, 07:10 PM
ever thought about geting an Archos you can reward Tv with them and mine almost plays every format.

KCFalcon59
12-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Every digital copy I have specifically says it won't work on Zune or PSP. I don't want to mess with conversion as it takes too damn long and defeats the purpose. Maybe, one day, I will just sell the zune and buy one of those damned iPods since they own the world anyway.:shake:

Want to buy an 8gb Nano. I bought it for my daughter in November for her birthday. Her mother got her an 8gb iPhone 3G for Christmas. Basically making the nano redundant.

Guru
12-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Want to buy an 8gb Nano. I bought it for my daughter in November for her birthday. Her mother got her an 8gb iPhone 3G for Christmas. Basically making the nano redundant. I am actually a little more interested in the iTouch for the larger screen. Isn't the Nano kind of small for watching video?

PM me your price. Oh, and color. heh

Baby Lee
12-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Got the touch, school me on all the awesome I can achieve, kthanx.

First off, WiFi. How? Additional service? Provided by Bandwidth Provider?
That's the most pressing one, tried WiFi once in a spot that detected it, asked me for a password, gave up for the time being.
EDIT TO ADD: Most of my WiFi access will be on university campus.

QuikSsurfer
12-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Got the touch, school me on all the awesome I can achieve, kthanx.

First off, WiFi. How? Additional service? Provided by Bandwidth Provider?
That's the most pressing one, tried WiFi once in a spot that detected it, asked me for a password, gave up for the time being.
EDIT TO ADD: Most of my WiFi access will be on university campus.

Yes

Baby Lee
01-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Downloaded Videora and converted a 30 minute, 185 MB, avi video clip to to ipod format in 8:30. How's that performance? Are there better/faster programs?

Guru
01-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Downloaded Videora and converted a 30 minute, 185 MB, avi video clip to to ipod format in 8:30. How's that performance? Are there better/faster programs?no. They are all about the same timewise.

Baby Lee
01-03-2009, 03:49 PM
no. They are all about the same timewise.

I got my work cut out for me. I have a shit ton of TTC lectures in avi format I want to watch on the Metrolink this coming semester [Dark Matter, String Theory, the basics]. Kind of made me nervous to have all 4 cores running 100% for that length of time. Any info on how long you can keep that up without overheating the CPU?

Guru
03-05-2009, 04:40 AM
How to jailbreak the newest firmware 2.2.1

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141302&highlight=cyw00d

Both youtube videos are good.