PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Pixelation on LCD TV

SquirrellyBastard
01-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I recently bought a Samsung 1080p 46" LCD TV. I've noticed some pixelation during fast moving scenes. I'm not new to the LCD world and understand that some pixelation during fast scenes isn't completely unexpected. It's just that I've noticed more than I would have thought. I've been seeing some during the bowl games. Anyone else out there have a Samsung and see some of this? Or can I place the blame on Time Warner? :cuss:

mikeyis4dcats.
01-02-2009, 02:00 PM
very likely a cable artifact, but as you said motion blur will be a problem with LCDs.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2009, 02:12 PM
time warner's signal isn't that strong and it's been worse lately since they added more HD channels.

i suggest a test

get a HD DVD movie of some kind ... preferably with some action, a sports movie like "Any Given Sunday" is perfect

see if you get artifacts then its the t.v.

if it doesn't on the DVD then call time warner and have them come out and test your signal(should be free) they added a signal booster to our main line and it helped alot.

you can also remove as many splitters as possible since they cost you signal strength on each one (like 4-7db per iirc)

Sure-Oz
01-02-2009, 03:41 PM
If you have TWC, then it is that for sure...

there are times it randomely does that, at any house that has had it seemed to have it. I miss dish, they never had that problem.

kstater
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't know much about TV's, so I'm probably completley wrong. But my TV did the same thing for a little while, then it went away. Kind of like a break in period.

kstater
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh, and it's a 46" Sony Bravia LCD

aturnis
01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Probably b/c it's more that likely 60hz. 120hz would solve the problem.

Skip Towne
01-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Whenever I'm not sure about something I blame the cable company.

SquirrellyBastard
01-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Would a dvd player with up-convert be a sufficient test? I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet.

I've got a friend with pretty much the same model and he's got AT&T Uverse and he doesn't have much of an issue...Still blaming Time Warner at this point.

Thanks for the input!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Would a dvd player with up-convert be a sufficient test? I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet.

I've got a friend with pretty much the same model and he's got AT&T Uverse and he doesn't have much of an issue...Still blaming Time Warner at this point.

Thanks for the input!

Pretty much the same model doesn't matter if you are talking about a difference between 60 and 120 HZ. With that said, it's more likely due to compression artifacts from the cable.