PDA

View Full Version : Music M4A to MP3

TrebMaxx
01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
I just received some M4A format music files and I am wanting to convert it to MP3. I googled it and and see there are a lot of utilities to do it but I don't know which to choose. Any recommendations from CP faithful? I would like to find a freeware app that is simple to use because I am a idiot when it comes to this stuff. :redface:

gblowfish
01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Are you Mac or PC?
If you're Mac, get a program called Amadeus Pro. It's shareware, about $25, but worth every penny.

HC_Chief
01-03-2009, 10:43 AM
You should be able to convert them in iTunes. Import the songs, then select them, right-click, and convert.

patteeu
01-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Do you need to convert them to put them on a device that won't play M4A? Because if you don't need to do it, you're probably better off just leaving it in M4A. This might already be obvious to you, but I mention it just in case it's not.

FWIW, iPods will play M4A in case that's what you have.

TrebMaxx
01-03-2009, 05:48 PM
No, I don't have an iPod. I need to convert to MP3. I am running a PC with Windows Vista Ultimate. Just wondering if anyone has experience with anything freeware that will do this.

TrebMaxx
01-03-2009, 11:06 PM
OK, I found this app and it seems to work fine. BonkEnc. Converts M4A files to MP3 great and has a very easy user interface. Thanks to all that expressed their knowledge on the subject.