PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Smashburger, anyone?

JuicesFlowing
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7417/smashburgeryh5.png

Anyone eat at Smashburger yet? What do you think? A bit pricey, but it's a pretty good greasy burger ...

Sure-Oz
01-04-2009, 04:07 PM
No idea, but Red Robins 5 alarm burger owns me

TJR1486
01-04-2009, 04:17 PM
No idea, but Red Robins 5 alarm burger owns me

Did you think it was spicy? I got it expecting it to be really HOT, but i didnt think it was hot at all. It was good though.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Did you think it was spicy? I got it expecting it to be really HOT, but i didnt think it was hot at all. It was good though.

It's not really spicy, but i agree it does taste good. I was expecting hotter but its better than a plain burger

Skip Towne
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Smashburger doesn't sound very appetizing.

the joker
01-04-2009, 04:42 PM
hmm....im hungry now

Count Alex's Losses
07-10-2010, 08:58 AM
http://www.smashburger.com/menu_texas.php

What should I order?

Simply Red
07-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Smashburger doesn't sound very appetizing.

COME BACK BABY!!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Baby Lee
07-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Anyone had Five Guys? Saw one roaming around town last week. Looks like they've arrived in town. Don't know a thing about them except Obama went there once.

Simply Red
07-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Anyone had Five Guys? Saw one roaming around town last week. Looks like they've arrived in town. Don't know a thing about them except Obama went there once.

sure, yes. Order 'small' everything there. Delish taters.

jiveturkey
07-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Smash is OK. I prefer 5 Guys and when I'm out west I prefer In-N-Out.

I still actually dig Winsteads quite a bit.

Chocolate Hog
07-10-2010, 09:55 AM
It was ok but expensive. That place is a bit overrated.

Simply Red
07-10-2010, 10:02 AM

mmmm, not really so much, if you consider peoples growing interest in a middle-of-the-road burger, because that's just what it is (5guys) = a lil' better than Hardees, not quite as good as Houstons/JAlexanders (or of that tier) - Five-Guys fit's it's nitch perfectly.

Chocolate Hog
07-10-2010, 10:03 AM
mmmm, not really so much, if you consider peoples growing interest in a middle-of-the-road burger, because that's just what it is (5guys) = a lil' better than Hardees, not quite as good as Houstons/JAlexanders (or of that tier) - Five-Guys fit's it's nitch perfectly.

Did you jack off on my hamburger?

Simply Red
07-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Did you jack off on my hamburger?

no, I shit a tomato slice on it.

Nzoner
07-10-2010, 10:23 AM

We ate at 5 guys for the first time yesterday,damn good burger and those fries were A+

Wreckloose
07-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I think Smashburger has the better burger, 5guys the better fries.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 11:36 AM
I need to try smash burger...

i love 5 guys so im sure ill like them

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 11:37 AM
We ate at 5 guys for the first time yesterday,damn good burger and those fries were A+

Probably the 2nd best fries behind Oklahoma Joes fries

threebag02
07-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Save your money I still regret giving them my money once.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Save your money I still regret giving them my money once.

What happend? ive heard from close friends that they liked the food

ClevelandBronco
07-10-2010, 12:11 PM

I'm going to say it: In-N-Out is nothing special at all. The same kind of people who craved Coors when it wasn't distributed in the eastern U.S. are the folks who now champion In-N-Out as some kind of a burger Mecca.

Baconeater
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
This, you can get just as good of a burger at a local bar & grill.

teedubya
07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Five guys give you enough fries to feed a small army.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Five guys give you enough fries to feed a small army.

they do, you dont have to get a 'large' its great how they dump more in the sack too

Silock
07-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Probably the 2nd best fries behind Oklahoma Joes fries

Really?

I've never had 5 Guys until 5 minutes ago. I tried them just based on this thread's recommendations.

My impressions: Not even close to the best burger I've ever had, but it was still good. Pretty cheap, I guess, too.

Fries? Nothing at ALL special. Maybe it was just the batch I had, but I wasn't impressed. They did seem to give you a "lot," but then, after hearing about how many they give you, I was underwhelmed there, too. Oklahoma Joe's gives me WAY more fries than I got from 5G.

All-in-all, I wasn't disappointed, but I feel like it's hyped up a bit more than necessary. Good burger, okay fries, but far from the best of either. I prefer the burgers at Barley's Brewhaus to 5G.

Reaper16
07-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Really?

I've never had 5 Guys until 5 minutes ago. I tried them just based on this thread's recommendations.

My impressions: Not even close to the best burger I've ever had, but it was still good. Pretty cheap, I guess, too.

Fries? Nothing at ALL special. Maybe it was just the batch I had, but I wasn't impressed. They did seem to give you a "lot," but then, after hearing about how many they give you, I was underwhelmed there, too. Oklahoma Joe's gives me WAY more fries than I got from 5G.

All-in-all, I wasn't disappointed, but I feel like it's hyped up a bit more than necessary. Good burger, okay fries, but far from the best of either.

I pretty much agree exactly. Five Guys has a decent burger. You can get the same quality of burger at many other places, even a dang Culver's.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Really?

All-in-all, I wasn't disappointed, but I feel like it's hyped up a bit more than necessary. Good burger, okay fries, but far from the best of either. I prefer the burgers at Barley's Brewhaus to 5G.

Not sure what fries you got but i like them alot...they dont touch Ok Joes fries, hell no one does imo but i like em. I get the cajun fries

Burgers are pretty good, nothing super special about them but good. That said ive never been to blancs burgers

Reaper16
07-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Burgers are pretty good, nothing super special about them but good. That said ive never been to blancs burgers
That's not a fair comparison. Five Guys is the bologna sandwich to Blanc's ribeye steak.

|Zach|
07-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Dropped into Town Topic yesterday afternoon. Double Cheese with an egg. Yummy.

Sure-Oz
That's not a fair comparison. Five Guys is the bologna sandwich to Blanc's ribeye steak.

lol, im not comparing

im just saying my burger expertise to you food snobs...i am all about trying the great places, i havent tried blancs yet

Reaper16
Dropped into Town Topic yesterday afternoon. Double Cheese with an egg. Yummy.
I'd always choose an old-school mom & pop burger joint over a chain like Five Guys. Always.

I ate a couple of burgers this afternoon from the burger joint I was raised on - Ray's Diner in Excelsior Springs.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 07:15 PM
at hamburger marys i had spicy burger there that was damn good

|Zach|
07-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I'd always choose an old-school mom & pop burger joint over a chain like Five Guys. Always.

I ate a couple of burgers this afternoon from the burger joint I was raised on - Ray's Diner in Excelsior Springs.

I have had Blanc and enjoy it a lot obviously it is a different animal than most burgers places. I haven't tried Smashburger or 5Guys even though people talk really well about it... especially 5.

I like Town Topic because it is pretty close. I also love Fric and Frac's burgers. Wesport Flea market is just "ok" to me. Surprisingly Main Street AMC Movie Theater has really good burgers.

Silock
lol, im not comparing

im just saying my burger expertise to you food snobs...i am all about trying the great places, i havent tried blancs yet

Heh, I wasn't trying to be a food snob. I've just heard so many people say "You HAVE TO EAT at FIVE GUYS! It's AWESOME!" But it wasn't awesome. It was good. I liked it. I'll go back. But it wasn't awesome.

|Zach|
at hamburger marys i had spicy burger there that was damn good

Yea I have had a good experience there as well.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Heh, I wasn't trying to be a food snob. I've just heard so many people say "You HAVE TO EAT at FIVE GUYS! It's AWESOME!" But it wasn't awesome. It was good. I liked it. I'll go back. But it wasn't awesome.

LOL no worries dude, i was really referring to reaper, hes a food snob, and i take his word on alot of stuff. oh and a beer snob

Glad you liked it atleast. i havent really been to any non chain burger joints tho

Reaper16
07-10-2010, 07:20 PM
No one is being a snob here (and I hope Sure-Oz said that in jest anyway). Calling something "good," but not the best, is not exactly snobbish behavior.

Reaper16
07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Surprisingly Main Street AMC Movie Theater has really good burgers.
:hmmm:

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 07:24 PM
No one is being a snob here (and I hope Sure-Oz said that in jest anyway). Calling something "good," but not the best, is not exactly snobbish behavior.

I am being sarcastic, i want to know the great burger pads, id say the burger i had at hamburger marys may have been the best one ive had in kc. im used to eating burgers from chains honestly.

tell me where to go, besides blancs which i know need to go there.

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2010, 07:25 PM

i hit up pauls drive in a couple of weeks ago. some things never change. same people and food from when i was a kid. hadnt been in at least a year and they remembered my order.

and blanc was great too. i had the hundred dollar burger there. nice but different than a mom and pop burger but really good
Posted via Mobile Device

|Zach|
07-10-2010, 07:27 PM
:hmmm:

Yea, it has been a while so who knows maybe they have fallen off but the restaurant and bar attached to the movie theater does solid work. The food is good. It is the same food that they use for the cinema suites orders.

Burgers, Birds and Dogs
The Garden Burger
1/3 lb. veggie burger, grilled to perfection with sprouts, mushrooms, lettuce, red onion and roma tomato on wheat Kaiser
$9.99

The Grand
10 oz. all Beef hamburger, grilled to perfection with with shredded Cheddar cheese, diced sweet onions, sliced jalapenos and topped with KC chili
$11.99

The McGee
10 oz all Beef hamburger, grilled to perfection, with a fried egg, bacon and Cheddar cheese. Served with lettuce, onion and tomato
$11.99

The Paseo
10 oz. all Beef hamburger, grilled to perfection with sweet golden BBQ sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, crispy thick cut bacon and fried onion straws. Served with lettuce, tomato and onion
$11.99

The Pendergast
10 oz all Beef hamburger, grilled to perfection, with your choice of cheese: Cheddar, Provolone, Swiss, Bleu Cheese crumbles or American. Served with lettuce, tomato and onion
$10.99 Add two slices of thick cut bacon $0.79

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I had mac and cheese when i went to mainstreet theater, it was really good

mikeyis4dcats.
07-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Haven't had blanc but the best burger I've had in the area is at The Burger Stand

Reaper16
07-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I am being sarcastic, i want to know the great burger pads, id say the burger i had at hamburger marys may have been the best one ive had in kc. im used to eating burgers from chains honestly.

tell me where to go, besides blancs which i know need to go there.
Blanc is king for the upscale burger. There is a new place that I haven't been to called BRGR Kitchen + Bar that people are saying good things about; a sort of competitor to Blanc.

The mom & pop greaseshacks worth checking out include Hamburger Mary's, Town-Topic, Westport Flea Market, Hayes (over by Antioch Mall in the Northland), Woodsweather Cafe, L.C.'s hamburgers (not the BBQ joint), etc.

Sure-Oz
07-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Blanc is king for the upscale burger. There is a new place that I haven't been to called BRGR Kitchen + Bar that people are saying good things about; a sort of competitor to Blanc.

The mom & pop greaseshacks worth checking out include Hamburger Mary's, Town-Topic, Westport Flea Market, Hayes (over by Antioch Mall in the Northland), Woodsweather Cafe, L.C.'s hamburgers (not the BBQ joint), etc.

Excellent...

Burgers are probably my favorite american food, so ill save this. thanks

Simply Red
07-10-2010, 07:42 PM
there's one here in town called Farmers Burgers, it's on a trendy farm, they use ALL of their own produce. I thought that that was a cool concept.

jspchief
07-10-2010, 08:57 PM
We have a Smashburger here. It's a pretty good burger, not best burger ever, but well above fast food. Their fries are pretty mediocre. I like the Smashfries, but it's not something that I'd ever say I crave. Their hot dogs are actually really good.

I would agree that a good pub burger or mom and pop burger would probably outdo smashburger.

Best burger I've had is from JC's (CJ's?) in Plano, Texas. tucked away little strip mall joint, but they make a kickass burger with a list of fixins as long as some places' menus.

KcMizzou
07-10-2010, 09:00 PM

The mom & pop greaseshacks worth checking out include Hamburger Mary's, Town-Topic, Westport Flea Market, Hayes (over by Antioch Mall in the Northland), Woodsweather Cafe, L.C.'s hamburgers (not the BBQ joint), etc.LC's is awesome. Been too long.

Al Bundy
07-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Excellent...

Burgers are probably my favorite american food, so ill save this. thanks

I like Pauls drive in over on Blue Ridge, great burgers and tot's.

Chocolate Hog
07-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Chubbys is one of the best greasy burgers

Saccopoo
07-11-2010, 03:57 AM
I'd comment about making my own burger, but the last time I did that the "salt & pepper only" crowd went f'ing nuts.

Personally, I hold this as true doctrine about eating out at a burger joint, regardless of what it is (NSFW):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tSWnmOvgyKc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tSWnmOvgyKc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>