PDA

View Full Version : Books *** The OFFICIAL Kenny Mayne Apprecitation Thread ***

SPATCH
01-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I awoke today at the crack of noon feeling only slightly hung over as I sat in my bed reminiscing on years gone by. And as I was lying there in my bed, with a gradually declining morning wood, a smile came to my face as a memory entered my thoughts...

... I could hear Kenny Mayne, in all of his dry-witted-humor glory, anchoring SportsCenter. I was just a kid at the time of his hay-day on the set of the show in the mid- to late 90's. But I was old enough to recognize that he was a genius.

Sure he still does some things like the "Mayne Event", among others. But, nothing compared to the way he charmed America, bringing you all the highlights on an episode of SportsCenter.

... So what do you say Chiefs Planet? Will you join me as we take a trip down memory lane with some of our favorite Kenny Mayne catch phrases and musings?

Well, don't just stand there.... come along...

SPATCH
01-04-2009, 04:38 PM
i'll start

YAHTZEE

Baby Lee
01-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Your puny ballparks are too small to contain my gargantuan blasts! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses for a clubhouse feast!

SPATCH
01-04-2009, 04:48 PM
and he scores his 27th goal... not in this game, that would be a record.

Baby Lee
01-04-2009, 04:50 PM
He scored 25 off the bench, if he was on the bench, he'd have been out of bounds.

SPATCH
01-04-2009, 04:58 PM
i used to laugh my ass off every time he brought up the "Tom Emanski's Defensive Drills" video...

..."It's endorsed by Fred McGriff" ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
finds him... cause he knows him... cause they're team mates...

those who come late do not get fruit cup (I think I heard Mayne say that first)

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Your puny ballparks are too small to contain my gargantuan blasts! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses for a clubhouse feast!

That is a favorite...

Bowser
01-04-2009, 05:06 PM
finds him... cause he knows him... cause they're team mates...

those who come late do not get fruit cup (I think I heard Mayne say that first)

I believe he lifted that from Rich Eisen.

SPATCH
01-04-2009, 05:07 PM

i am amused by the simplicity of this game

Bowser
01-04-2009, 05:10 PM
It's never IFFY when it's GRIFFEY!

Oh, that blows....

milkman
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Kenny Mayne sucked ass, and might well be the worst sports anchor I've ever seen.

And there's been a lot of bad ones in my years of sports fandom.

SPATCH
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Kenny Mayne sucked ass, and might well be the worst sports anchor I've ever seen.

you bite your tongue, sir

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Booo on you

EyePod
01-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I awoke today at the crack of noon feeling only slightly hung over as sat in my bed reminiscing on years gone by. And as I was lying there in my bed, with a gradually declining morning wood, a smile came to my face as a memory entered my thoughts...

... I could hear Kenny Mayne, in all of his dry-witted-humor glory, anchoring SportsCenter. I was just a kid at the time of his hay-day on the set in the mid- to late 90's. But I was old enough to recognize that he was a genius.

Sure he still does some things like the "Mayne Event", among others. But, nothing compared to the way he charmed America, bringing you all the highlights on an episode of SportsCenter.

... So what do you say Chiefs Planet? Will you join me as we take a trip down memory lane with some of our favorite Kenny Mayne catch phrases and musings?

Well, don't just stand there.... come along...

He was one of my favorite anchors. The Manyne Event and Mayne Street are terrible compared to what he used to do.

SPATCH
01-04-2009, 05:44 PM
of the current roster of anchors, i really enjoy john anderson and scott van pelt... they are head and shoulders above everyone else imo

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2009, 09:25 PM
of the current roster of anchors, i really enjoy john anderson and scott van pelt... they are head and shoulders above everyone else imo

Word.

Thig Lyfe
01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Mayne should do highlights more often. That's where he's at his strongest.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Mayne should do highlights more often. That's where he's at his strongest.

Word.