PDA

View Full Version : Football Romanowski thinks he's going into the HOF...what a chugger.

jagerdrinker
01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm only posting the link to this article so that people can read it and laugh at how pathetic this clown is...especially since he's a donk.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/37401-q-a-with-bill-romanowski?eref=fromSI

Demonpenz
01-04-2009, 09:21 PM
how many superbowl defences was he on?

Rain Man
01-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Romanowski was an embarrassment and a black eye to the game of football. He got lucky by being on some good teams and some other teams that won by cheating as much as he did. Hopefully his polluted name will never even be considered for an honor like the Hall of Fame.

I would hope for a banning from football before any kind of honor.

Von Dumbass
01-04-2009, 09:28 PM
He was a starter on 5 Super Bowl teams and he won 4 of them. He was an old school player that any team would be glad to have. I don't know if he is HOF worthy but he had a very impressive career.

CrazyPhuD
01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Only if the NAACP has a hall of fame.

Crush
01-04-2009, 09:39 PM
You never go full retard.

L.A. Chieffan
01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
If McGwire doesnt get in, this piece of shit shouldnt

pr_capone
01-04-2009, 09:42 PM

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/simple-jack.jpg

Shaid
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/simple-jack.jpg

Holy shit, that is fucking awesome. ROFL

kcpasco
01-04-2009, 10:26 PM
This is how I feel about Romanowski

I dream I'm the big Russian dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTUmrOfyUA&feature=related

Rain Man
01-04-2009, 10:28 PM
He was a starter on 5 Super Bowl teams and he won 4 of them. He was an old school player that any team would be glad to have. I don't know if he is HOF worthy but he had a very impressive career.

I think Phil Hansen was on five Super Bowl teams. Should he be in the Hall of Fame?

Romanowski main claim to effectiveness was that he intentionally tried to injure other players with cheap shots. Occasionally he got lucky and caused an injury, such as breaking Dave Meggett's finger when Meggett was on the ground or Kerry Collins' jaw with a helmet shot or Shannon Sharpe's elbow. (I can forgive him for that last one.)

I spit in Romanowski's general direction, and thank the heavens that the Chiefs were too classy to ever sign that trash.

Rain Man
01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I liked the quote from Ditka in this article. (I added the bold.)

I suspect too that Sharpe wasn't as harsh about him when Romanowski was trying to injure Tony Gonzalez, the greatest tight end in NFL history.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2005-10-17-mccarthy-romanowski_x.htm (http://http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2005-10-17-mccarthy-romanowski_x.htm)

Former-players-turned-analysts unsympathetic to Romanowski
Not another steroid user crying crocodile tears on national TV. First there was the weepy Mark McGwire taking the fifth on whether he took illegal drugs. Now we get Bill Romanowski, king of cheap shot artists during his 16-year NFL career, sniffling in an interview with Scott Pelley on CBS' 60 Minutes on Sunday.
This is the same Romanowski who snapped the finger of Dave Meggett in a pile, shattered Kerry Collins' jaw with a questionable hit and ended the career of ex-teammate Marcus Williams by punching him in the face (in practice), breaking his eye socket.

The same Romanowski who practically drools over the Collins jawbreaker, saying it was one of the "best hits of my career." The same Romanowski who not only admits taking steroids to Pelley but also injecting "live" cells from Scottish sheep and swallowing 100 assorted pills a day.

Howard Cosell said the "jockocracy" of ex-players/coaches-turned-sportscasters protected each other. But give points to the team at CBS' NFL Today and others for not making excuses for Romanowski. Or calling him a "warrior."

Dan Marino of CBS called him "sad," while ESPN's Mike Ditka noted most of Romanowski's greatest hits were "from behind, out of bounds or after the whistle." The harshest comments came from Shannon Sharpe, a former teammate and opponent.

CBS showed a disturbing clip of Romanowski twisting Sharpe's arm on a tackle, dislocating his elbow. Sharpe said he'll "go to his grave" believing Romanowski deliberately tried to injure him. And that Romanowski would do anything taking steroids, gouging eyes, breaking ankles to stay in the NFL.

In an interview Sunday with USA TODAY, the CBS analyst added he didn't believe Romanowski's excuses about the play then and doesn't believe his claim now that he only used steroids for his last two seasons. Said Sharpe: "He didn't play because he was talented. He played because he cheated the system."

Similar to Jose Canseco's situation, Romanowski's steroid revelations are timed around a new autobiography, Romo: My Life on the Edge, hitting bookstores this week. CBS analyst Boomer Esaison called Romanowski's comments a "pathetic attempt to sell a book." You think?

Taco John
01-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Romo actually has pretty good prospects for making the HOF. Whatever you think about him personally, he's certainly got an impressive resume. I wouldn't personally spend too much time making a case for him. He left the Broncos organization with some bad blood. But I'm not going to pretend his credentials don't exist.

blueballs
01-04-2009, 11:12 PM
When he broke the Raiders teammate's eyesocket
he saw the virgin mary in a bloodstain on his jersey
he's on his way to being saved

triple
01-04-2009, 11:13 PM
his resume consists solely of having played on great teams.

or, i guess kicking people in the head, spitting on his teammates, ending that oakland tight end's career in a practice fight, being involved in the BALCO scandal, admitting using roids... and didn't he have some kind of brush with the law with his wife for selling drugs? plus universally being regarded as one of the dirtiest players of his or any generation

great guy.. definitely the kind of person the NFL should enshrine as exemplifying all the NFL stands for

Frazod
01-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I liked the quote from Ditka in this article. (I added the bold.)

I suspect too that Sharpe wasn't as harsh about him when Romanowski was trying to injure Tony Gonzalez, the greatest tight end in NFL history.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2005-10-17-mccarthy-romanowski_x.htm (http://http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2005-10-17-mccarthy-romanowski_x.htm)

Former-players-turned-analysts unsympathetic to Romanowski
Not another steroid user crying crocodile tears on national TV. First there was the weepy Mark McGwire taking the fifth on whether he took illegal drugs. Now we get Bill Romanowski, king of cheap shot artists during his 16-year NFL career, sniffling in an interview with Scott Pelley on CBS' 60 Minutes on Sunday.
This is the same Romanowski who snapped the finger of Dave Meggett in a pile, shattered Kerry Collins' jaw with a questionable hit and ended the career of ex-teammate Marcus Williams by punching him in the face (in practice), breaking his eye socket.

The same Romanowski who practically drools over the Collins jawbreaker, saying it was one of the "best hits of my career." The same Romanowski who not only admits taking steroids to Pelley but also injecting "live" cells from Scottish sheep and swallowing 100 assorted pills a day.

Howard Cosell said the "jockocracy" of ex-players/coaches-turned-sportscasters protected each other. But give points to the team at CBS' NFL Today and others for not making excuses for Romanowski. Or calling him a "warrior."

Dan Marino of CBS called him "sad," while ESPN's Mike Ditka noted most of Romanowski's greatest hits were "from behind, out of bounds or after the whistle." The harshest comments came from Shannon Sharpe, a former teammate and opponent.

CBS showed a disturbing clip of Romanowski twisting Sharpe's arm on a tackle, dislocating his elbow. Sharpe said he'll "go to his grave" believing Romanowski deliberately tried to injure him. And that Romanowski would do anything taking steroids, gouging eyes, breaking ankles to stay in the NFL.

In an interview Sunday with USA TODAY, the CBS analyst added he didn't believe Romanowski's excuses about the play then and doesn't believe his claim now that he only used steroids for his last two seasons. Said Sharpe: "He didn't play because he was talented. He played because he cheated the system."

Similar to Jose Canseco's situation, Romanowski's steroid revelations are timed around a new autobiography, Romo: My Life on the Edge, hitting bookstores this week. CBS analyst Boomer Esaison called Romanowski's comments a "pathetic attempt to sell a book." You think?

I wasn't aware he was that hated, well, I know I hate him that much, but I didn't realize actual NFL people hated him that much.

My contempt for Horseface Sharpe just diminished.

A little. :D

And comparing this turd to McGwire is a bit harsh. Sure McGwire shot steriods - but he never registered on the deliberate-injuring douche scale this guy did. Hell, compared to Romanowski, Bonds is a solid citizen.

Rain Man
01-04-2009, 11:39 PM
his resume consists solely of having played on great teams.

or, i guess kicking people in the head, spitting on his teammates, ending that oakland tight end's career in a practice fight, being involved in the BALCO scandal, admitting using roids... and didn't he have some kind of brush with the law with his wife or something? plus universally being regarded as one of the dirtiest players of his or any generation

great guy.. definitely the kind of person the NFL should enshrine as exemplifying all the NFL stands for

He and his wife were in big trouble for some kind of prescription drug theft, but they turned against their physician and got him sent to prison to save themselves. He and his wife are the worst people in the world.

Rain Man
01-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I wasn't aware he was that hated, well, I know I hate him that much, but I didn't realize actual NFL people hated him that much.

I remember his own teammate McCaffrey talking in an interview about what a dirty player he was. Of course, the Broncos supported that, so McCaffrey just glossed it over and acted like it was funny. He was telling a story about Romanowski trying to injure him during a pileup when they played for opposing teams.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Other than skin color I couldn't tell Romo or Rodney Harrison apart:shake:

Chiefshrink
01-04-2009, 11:50 PM
He and his wife were in big trouble for some kind of prescription drug theft, but they turned against their physician and got him sent to prison to save themselves. He and his wife are the worst people in the world.

Kind of like 'Blago and his wife':clap:

Chiefshrink
01-04-2009, 11:56 PM

And comparing this turd to McGwire is a bit harsh. Sure McGwire shot steriods - but he never registered on the deliberate-injuring douche scale this guy did. Hell, compared to Romanowski, Bonds is a solid citizen.

Living out here since '88' the way it was the years Romo was here, on the PR surface was that the Denver Fans loved Romo and did not care for Sharpe. It was just the opposite in the locker room,the players loved Sharpe and hated Romo.

When Romo went to the Raiders the Bronco players couldn't wait to cheap shot Romo in any way shape or form.

triple
01-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Kind of like 'Blago and his wife':clap:

i wonder who is classier, the romos or the blagos.

DT58HOF
01-05-2009, 12:11 AM

And comparing this turd to McGwire is a bit harsh. Sure McGwire shot steriods - but he never registered on the deliberate-injuring douche scale this guy did. Hell, compared to Romanowski, Bonds is a solid citizen. You do mean the same Bonds that is the Greatest Baseball Player Ever Right? Bonds,Rose,MgGwire should all get in the hall.

triple
01-05-2009, 12:15 AM
You do mean the same Bonds that is the Greatest Baseball Player Ever Right?

ROFLROFL

DT58HOF
01-05-2009, 12:18 AM
ROFLROFL
Willie Mays is the only one thats even close to Barry Bonds EVER!!

Frazod
01-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Willie Mays is the only one thats even close to Barry Bonds EVER!!

Willie Mays didn't need steriods, nor a Darth Vader arm guard that (a) gave him a perfectly straight swing, every time, and (b) completely removed any fear he had of being hit in the elbow by a pitch, enabling him to crowd the plate. The main reason Bonds would never participate in the HR derby is because he'd have no excuse to wear the damned thing, and have to hit like everybody else.

He's a cheating fucking scumbag, and his name shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with the truly great players.

Chiefshrink
01-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Willie Mays didn't need steriods, nor a Darth Vader arm guard that (a) gave him a perfectly straight swing, every time, and (b) completely removed any fear he had of being hit in the elbow by a pitch, enabling him to crowd the plate. The main reason Bonds would never participate in the HR derby is because he'd have no excuse to wear the damned thing, and have to hit like everybody else.

He's a cheating ****ing scumbag, and his name shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with the truly great players.

Well said, and might I add that Willie faced a helluva lot better pitching than any of these steriod users ever faced. I would have loved to see how Bonds would have fared against Gibson,Drysdale,Cofax,Palmer,Seaver,Hunter,Fingers,and the list goes on. Alot of guys can throw hard these days but very few can pitch (ala Maddox) That era of pitchers from the late 50's to the late 70's early eighties were the best pitchers that MLB will ever see IMO. Bond and crew would'nt have broke HR records and their batting averages would be about 30pts lower IMO. All we have today are just "throwers" for the most part and anybody can throw but very few can 'pitch'.

Von Dumbass
01-05-2009, 12:45 AM
I think Phil Hansen was on five Super Bowl teams. Should he be in the Hall of Fame?

Romanowski main claim to effectiveness was that he intentionally tried to injure other players with cheap shots. Occasionally he got lucky and caused an injury, such as breaking Dave Meggett's finger when Meggett was on the ground or Kerry Collins' jaw with a helmet shot or Shannon Sharpe's elbow. (I can forgive him for that last one.)

I spit in Romanowski's general direction, and thank the heavens that the Chiefs were too classy to ever sign that trash.

I'm not saying he should be in the HOF but he did accomplish a lot in the NFL. As a Bronco fan I liked having Romo on my team.

cdcox
01-05-2009, 01:51 AM
He has zero credentials worthy of the Hall of Fame. Zero.

He was a pro-bowler twice. That doesn't even sniff Canton.

He has 39.5 career sacks.

He had 100 tackles once. Give me a break.

List one positive thing he accomplished that should even get him 10 seconds worth of consideration.

Jenson71
01-05-2009, 03:33 AM
The only reason for him to be in the Hall of Fame is to shine up DT's bust.

Skip Towne
01-05-2009, 06:50 AM
The Donkeys are despicable people. All of them.

Kerberos
01-05-2009, 07:28 AM

Leave his wife out of this.