PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Marley and Me

Jilly
01-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Good God, did anyone see this? I freaking cried through the whole damn thing, but at the same time it was an incredible movie....

Yes, I read the book first.
Yes, I knew what the ending was.
But, man, all I wanted to do when I got home was take my lab swimming.

Demonpenz
01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
The part where the dog got in trouble was unforgetable :clap:

MIAdragon
01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Hehe, it was filmed 2 blocks from my place! I thought it was decent, but not the comedy it was portrayed to be.

Baby Lee
01-05-2009, 11:43 AM
The part where the dog got in trouble was unforgetable :clap:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r8P3qJyCclM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r8P3qJyCclM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pablo
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I hated the ending where they had to shoot him down because he got rabies or whatever...

But at least Owen Wilson was a man about it, "It's my dog ma, I'll take care of him."

Skip Towne
01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was a comedy. I won't go see it now.

aturnis
01-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I hated the ending where they had to shoot him down because he got rabies or whatever...

But at least Owen Wilson was a man about it, "It's my dog ma, I'll take care of him."

Sorry GonzoRox.... I'm the asshat...this time.

NewChief
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Way to ruin it for anyone who hasn't yet seen the movie and planned to asshat.

He's making a joke. That's the way Old Yeller ends.

KcMizzou
01-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I haven't seen this movie, but this thread got me thinking.

Has anyone read, "Where The Red Fern Grows"?

I think I had to read it for school, the first time... but I know I read it at least three times after that. Bawled like a baby every time.

I wouldn't mind reading it again, just for nostalgia's sake. (And to see if it'd still hit me the same way.)

KCChiefsMan
01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
so this movie is actually good? I may have to rent it when it comes out afterall. It looked like it was gonna be another dumb romantic comedy with Owen Wilson.

NewChief
01-06-2009, 10:29 PM

I think I had to read it for school, the first time... but I know I read it at least three times after that. Bawled like a baby every time.

I wouldn't mind reading it again, just for nostalgia's sake. (And to see if it'd still hit me the same way.)

Yes. I've read it quite a few times. There's actually a really funny Young Adult book by Gordan Korman called No More Dead Dogs where the kid gets in trouble by his teacher because he refuses to write a favorable book report of some book called Old Shep, My Pal. The kid's main complaint is that if the book is about a dog, the dog's going to die. It's pretty funny... and true.

DeezNutz
01-06-2009, 10:30 PM

A long time ago. Why they gots to do that to kids, I have no idea.

Count Alex's Losses
01-07-2009, 03:40 AM
Fuckin' dog movies are retarded and I love every single one of them. I've even seen that piece of shit "The Adventures of Yellow Dog" twice. And balled like a bitch at the end each time.

Fuck man, I cried at fargin' Water Horse. That monster was just a big wet dog. I'm such a puss.

Count Alex's Losses
01-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Get ready to ball like a bitch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAMrqY1rGpY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAMrqY1rGpY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>