PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Marley and Me

Jilly
01-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Good God, did anyone see this? I freaking cried through the whole damn thing, but at the same time it was an incredible movie....

Yes, I read the book first.
Yes, I knew what the ending was.
But, man, all I wanted to do when I got home was take my lab swimming.

Demonpenz
01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
The part where the dog got in trouble was unforgetable :clap:

MIAdragon
01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Hehe, it was filmed 2 blocks from my place! I thought it was decent, but not the comedy it was portrayed to be.

Baby Lee
01-05-2009, 11:43 AM
The part where the dog got in trouble was unforgetable :clap:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r8P3qJyCclM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r8P3qJyCclM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pablo
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I hated the ending where they had to shoot him down because he got rabies or whatever...

But at least Owen Wilson was a man about it, "It's my dog ma, I'll take care of him."

Skip Towne
01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was a comedy. I won't go see it now.

aturnis
01-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I hated the ending where they had to shoot him down because he got rabies or whatever...

But at least Owen Wilson was a man about it, "It's my dog ma, I'll take care of him."

Sorry GonzoRox.... I'm the asshat...this time.

NewChief
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Way to ruin it for anyone who hasn't yet seen the movie and planned to asshat.

He's making a joke. That's the way Old Yeller ends.

KcMizzou
01-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I haven't seen this movie, but this thread got me thinking.

Has anyone read, "Where The Red Fern Grows"?

I think I had to read it for school, the first time... but I know I read it at least three times after that. Bawled like a baby every time.

I wouldn't mind reading it again, just for nostalgia's sake. (And to see if it'd still hit me the same way.)

KCChiefsMan
01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
so this movie is actually good? I may have to rent it when it comes out afterall. It looked like it was gonna be another dumb romantic comedy with Owen Wilson.

NewChief
01-06-2009, 10:29 PM

I think I had to read it for school, the first time... but I know I read it at least three times after that. Bawled like a baby every time.

I wouldn't mind reading it again, just for nostalgia's sake. (And to see if it'd still hit me the same way.)

Yes. I've read it quite a few times. There's actually a really funny Young Adult book by Gordan Korman called No More Dead Dogs where the kid gets in trouble by his teacher because he refuses to write a favorable book report of some book called Old Shep, My Pal. The kid's main complaint is that if the book is about a dog, the dog's going to die. It's pretty funny... and true.

DeezNutz
01-06-2009, 10:30 PM

A long time ago. Why they gots to do that to kids, I have no idea.

Stop, Chiefs
01-07-2009, 03:40 AM
Fuckin' dog movies are retarded and I love every single one of them. I've even seen that piece of shit "The Adventures of Yellow Dog" twice. And balled like a bitch at the end each time.

Fuck man, I cried at fargin' Water Horse. That monster was just a big wet dog. I'm such a puss.

Stop, Chiefs
01-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Get ready to ball like a bitch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAMrqY1rGpY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAMrqY1rGpY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MrGiggity
12-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Watched yesterday. Holy shit. Tear'd up in front of 14 juvenile delinquents.

Superturtle
12-21-2015, 05:42 AM
Its not fair to show the dog getting euthanized. That movie was probably the only time I left a theater with tears.

NewChief
12-21-2015, 09:36 AM
****in' dog movies are retarded and I love every single one of them. I've even seen that piece of shit "The Adventures of Yellow Dog" twice. And balled like a bitch at the end each time.

**** man, I cried at fargin' Water Horse. That monster was just a big wet dog. I'm such a puss.

There's a pretty hilarious Young Adult book called No More Dead Dogs that deals with this archetype.

No More Dead Dogs is a novel by Gordon Korman published in 2002. Its title alludes to the fact that many books for children and young adults featuring dogs have the dog die, including Old Yeller, Where the Red Fern Grows, and the fictional novel that begins all the main character's problems, Old Shep, My Pal. The main plot revolves around a play based on Old Shep where the ending has been changed to let the dog live.

EDIT: Hah. I just looked down and I evidently posted about this book the last time this thread was on the front page 6 years ago. ROFL

Damn I'm getting old.

Baby Lee
12-21-2015, 09:48 AM
There's a pretty hilarious Young Adult book called No More Dead Dogs that deals with this archetype.

EDIT: Hah. I just looked down and I evidently posted about this book the last time this thread was on the front page 6 years ago. ROFL

Damn I'm getting old.

ROFL ROFL - Now where did I set my Sudoku?