PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ESPN's new front page is fucking mentally handicapped

BWillie
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
It is retarded. Last interface was much more user friendly. That is all.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Fruit Ninja
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
This way is much much better. Its not a resource hog and it doesnt take forever to load. I perfer the new espn much better.

Sure-Oz
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
It is retarded. Last interface was much more user friendly. That is all.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

May i suggest you read this...
http://elefand.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/who-moved-cheese.jpg

Phobia
01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I clicked into ESPN's website earlier today for the first time in a year or more. Now I remember why I don't go there. I do not repeat click anywhere that autoplays media ads. That's where my line is drawn. I don't miss espn.

BWillie
01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
This way is much much better. Its not a resource hog and it doesnt take forever to load. I perfer the new espn much better.

O ya, where is the drop down box or a way I can go directly to NFL scores or NCAA BBALL scores from the main page without going to the full NFL page? I haven't got used to it yet.

BWillie
01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I clicked into ESPN's website earlier today for the first time in a year or more. Now I remember why I don't go there. I do not repeat click anywhere that autoplays media ads. That's where my line is drawn. I don't miss espn.

Where do you go for your sports news fix then?

BWillie
01-05-2009, 07:03 PM

Most little things don't bother me, but this really has grinded my gears. I'm a ESPN.com junkie.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Most little things don't bother me, but this really has grinded my gears. I'm a ESPN.com junkie.

Maybe the Website isnt mentally handicapped, but the user that is trying to use the site?

:shrug: Just taking a guess here!

Sure-Oz
01-05-2009, 07:05 PM

I only get on espn for fantasy sports log in....otherwise i use rotoworld.com

chiefbowe82
01-05-2009, 07:05 PM
could i get a "aww not this shit again, picture please!"

Mr. Plow
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Fugg ESPN. Like Phobia, haven't been to that site in over a year.

Fruit Ninja
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM

Well, the new set up to me seeems as it doesnt force somethign to play on you anymore. At least for me. Its much cleaner and i get to where i want to go without waiting for some stupid commercial to load on their media player.

Fruit Ninja
01-05-2009, 07:10 PM
O ya, where is the drop down box or a way I can go directly to NFL scores or NCAA BBALL scores from the main page without going to the full NFL page? I haven't got used to it yet.

There isnt one, you have to go directly to the sport first, then when you do that, you will see a link of the scores/stats or whatever it is you need.

They tweaked it, but imo its much much better now. Its much much more user and computer friendly imo.

Johnny Vegas
01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I like it. Nice big picture on the screen. I don't do much on espn, but view the frontpage.

chiefbowe82
01-05-2009, 07:13 PM
umm still looking for my picture request

Ebolapox
01-05-2009, 07:14 PM
eh--I'm with phil on this one. their autoplay is fucking annoying as shit. if I need to see a score these days, I check nfl.com.most other sports news can be gleaned from this site.

noa
01-05-2009, 07:20 PM
They autoplayed a video on my first visit but nothing since then. I think its an improvement in that regard.

dorseybowe
01-05-2009, 07:20 PM
What pisses me off is every damn time you open a page a video starts playing; I usually have the speakers on loud without remembering that they are on, and ESPN's fuckin' video starts blasting my ears off.

dorseybowe
01-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Dorseybowe, that was a repost.

rad
01-05-2009, 07:22 PM
I only get on espn for fantasy sports log in....otherwise i use rotoworld.com

That's exactly what I do.

You're just like me. Or I'm just like you. Whatever.

Ebolapox
01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
What pisses me off is every damn time you open a page a video starts playing; I usually have the speakers on loud without remembering that they are on, and ESPN's fuckin' video starts blasting my ears off.

exactly. it's fucking ANNOYING AS SHIT.

Phobia
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, the new set up to me seeems as it doesnt force somethign to play on you anymore. At least for me. Its much cleaner and i get to where i want to go without waiting for some stupid commercial to load on their media player.

They forced an ad on me today and when I asked to skip it, they ignored me.

Thig Lyfe
01-05-2009, 07:41 PM

The redesign fixes that.

I think it's a huge improvement.

noa
01-05-2009, 07:53 PM

Yeah, I think that was just a welcome to our new site b.s. ad. I had the same thing too, but nothing since then.

Silock
01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
New one is WAY better. Like WAY WAY WAY better.

damaticous
01-05-2009, 08:06 PM

HA! That book was sent our my organization....good read.

Fruit Ninja
01-05-2009, 08:14 PM

That was to tell you they updated the website. After that, you wont get anymore. At least i havent and i have gone there about 3-4 times today.

Just went again to test it and nothing.

Sure-Oz
01-05-2009, 09:05 PM
HA! That book was sent our my organization....good read.

haha, yep i got it at my work too, we had a seminar on it. Fun book, and we had lots of cheese to eat during the seminar.:D Has some good points honestly and very easy.

penguinz
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
O ya, where is the drop down box or a way I can go directly to NFL scores or NCAA BBALL scores from the main page without going to the full NFL page? I haven't got used to it yet.You can't be serious. All the scores are at the top of the page and they are AJX so no waiting for the page to reload to get them.

Buck
01-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Remember when this placed changed how it looked and everyone went bat shit nuts?

Well now everyone is used to it, just give it some time.

Frazod
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
I've gotten to the point that I rarely bother with ESPN's site - between all the pay content shit and the automatic videos, I've had enough.

And that stupid spam Ford commercial yesterday may have been the last straw.

dtebbe
01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
What's ESPN?

Bearcat
01-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Remember when this placed changed how it looked and everyone went bat shit nuts?

Well now everyone is used to it, just give it some time.

It's funny to see people bitch and moan after every change... I don't think ESPN is even all that different. Facebook, Yahoo, Google, LinkedIn, and now ESPN.... damn change! :shake:

Bearcat
01-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Everyone complaining about videos should download switch to Firefox.

There isnt one, you have to go directly to the sport first, then when you do that, you will see a link of the scores/stats or whatever it is you need.

They tweaked it, but imo its much much better now. Its much much more user and computer friendly imo.

There's a scores bar at the top, and it looks like you can customize it.

Ari Chi3fs
01-06-2009, 01:42 PM
I love the new site, WAY better.... that autoplay video shit made me NEVER go there. Now, I may check it out occasionally.

Detoxing
01-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Now I remember why I don't go there. I do not repeat click anywhere that autoplays media ads. That's where my line is drawn. I don't miss espn.

ESPN was good like 5 years ago. Since then, it's all crap. You have to be an Insider to read anything worth a damn, and the website takes to damn long to load, with little flashy things everywhere....fuggin annoying.

Detoxing
01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
It's better, but it's still a cluster fuck

Coach
01-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Beckett.com website is worse.