PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV On AMC right now....

Guru
01-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Star Trek: Nemesis

Really?

Classic?

KcMizzou
01-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Sheesh... should have been The Wrath of Kahn, at least.

Guru
01-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Hell, I would take Wrath, Search or Voyage over that turd.

Frazod
01-05-2009, 11:18 PM
It has its moments, and was certainly better than the one before it, but overall was just a lame, watered-down rehash of Wrath of Khan, with Data in the Spock roll.

And the Tango and Cash dunebuggy crap just about made me want to puke.

Guru
01-05-2009, 11:20 PM
It has its moments, and was certainly better than the one before it, but overall was just a lame, watered-down rehash of Wrath of Khan, with Data in the Spock roll.

And the Tango and Cash dunebuggy crap just about made me want to puke.That scene was great comic relief though. Kind of the WTF moment for the movie series.:shake:ROFL

Guru
01-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Hook is on now. Makes a hell of a lot more sense. heh

Adept Havelock
01-06-2009, 04:41 PM

And the Tango and Cash dunebuggy crap just about made me want to puke.

I have to admit I preferred the Kurosawa knock-off The Seven Starfleeters to Nemesis, thought I didn't care much for either.

1) Dune buggy sequence cornholed the Prime Directive, pissed me off for the rest of the film.

2) Whiney little clone boy was irritating.

3) Didn't buy the Reman "mind-rape".

4) Donna Murphy is easier on the eyes than Ron Perlman.

Demonpenz
01-06-2009, 04:46 PM
roadhouse was on there earlier

Deberg_1990
01-06-2009, 04:48 PM
roadhouse was on there earlier

Hell yea! Thats a classic. Definately a guilty pleasure of mine.

I cant stand AMC channel though.

They dont show anything in widescreen or HD.

They also edit the movies horrifically.

Demonpenz
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I am liking the new trent to block out cuss words and not dub over them and just put fuzzy parts over tits and ass scenes instead of badly editing them. 40 year old virgin was pretty watchable even edited

Fruit Ninja
01-06-2009, 05:44 PM
AMC has one hell of a good show called "Breaking Bad" I highly suggest checking it out.

Guru
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Blazing Saddles right NOW!!!!!

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Blazing Saddles right NOW!!!!!

I bought it on DVD a few years ago.

I haven't ever watched it.

I've seen it at least 100 times and finally realized "Why did I even buy this?".

Same thing happened with "Caddyshack".

Guru
01-06-2009, 10:16 PM

I've seen it at least 100 times and finally realized "Why did I even buy this?".

Same thing happened with "Caddyshack".I don't think I have ever seen the non TV version of the movie. I need to get the DVD just to see what I missed. heh

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't think I have ever seen the non TV version of the movie. I need to get the DVD just to see what I missed. heh

Seriously?

I wish I would have known before Xmas. I would have sent you the DVD as a gift.

There's a HUGE difference between the two. HUGE.

PS - "LOST" starts in 2 weeks for the next 17 weeks. Are you stoked? I've been watching Season 3 and 4 when I work out.

I can't wait!

Guru
01-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Seriously?

I wish I would have known before Xmas. I would have sent you the DVD as a gift.

There's a HUGE difference between the two. HUGE.

PS - "LOST" starts in 2 weeks for the next 17 weeks. Are you stoked? I've been watching Season 3 and 4 when I work out.

I can't wait!

Feel free to send it anyway. heh :D

Yeah, I am looking forward to Lost. I even bought the damn game for Xbox. Not bad but not great either. Getting Lost, 24 and Battlestar back will make this a great year.

googlegoogle
01-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Terrible. Boring.

Star Trek = endless recycled Vulcun & Klingon stories.

Start Trek The motion picture(no.1) was wonderful and unique and suspenseful.

CrazyPhuD
01-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Nemisis on AMC? wth...

Was there two robots and a guy watching onscreen too?

Adept Havelock
01-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Feel free to send it anyway. heh :D

Yeah, I am looking forward to Lost. I even bought the damn game for Xbox. Not bad but not great either. Getting Lost, 24 and Battlestar back will make this a great year.

Lost: Via Domus was a fun little puzzle game, but it would have been improved by getting more of the actual cast for voice talent.

Great ending, though. I'll give them that.

Guru
01-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Lost: Via Domus was a fun little puzzle game, but it would have been improved by getting more of the actual cast for voice talent.

Great ending, though. I'll give them that.I haven't made it to the end yet. Been having a hard time finding time to play it. Stuck at the forest where you have to hide from the black smoke all the time.

Baby Lee
01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Hell yea! Thats a classic. Definately a guilty pleasure of mine.

I cant stand AMC channel though.

They dont show anything in widescreen or HD.

They also edit the movies horrifically.

I REALLY wish AMC was in HD when Mad Men is in season. I've heard people talk of AMC HD somewhere where they watch MM, may spur me to torrent it. I'd be more than willing to have it on my Dish.

Baby Lee
01-08-2009, 04:46 PM

Same thing happened with "Caddyshack".

Well, you have half your life left and have already watched it 100 times, odds were good you'd get a hankering again. Can't imagine it was an expensive acquisition. I'm sure I'll be there when it hits HDNet, as I've never seen it in high def.

Adept Havelock
01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I haven't made it to the end yet. Been having a hard time finding time to play it. Stuck at the forest where you have to hide from the black smoke all the time.

That sequence is a bitch. Remember you can hide in the tree circles by running into them. My best advice is go to the first one, hop in when smokey shows up and wait for him to pass. Also, your character doesn't always face the same way when you come out. Then scout out where the next circle of trees and checkpoint is, run back and hide, then move to the one you just found. After 4 or 5, you'll be through.

However, coming back with the dynamite will be even tougher since you can't run. If you run....boom.

There's a decent walkthrough at gamefaqs.com that is more or less "spoiler free", which helps with the photography part of the game to unlock some extra achievements. If you're on Xbox360, that is.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Well, you have half your life left and have already watched it 100 times, odds were good you'd get a hankering again. Can't imagine it was an expensive acquisition. I'm sure I'll be there when it hits HDNet, as I've never seen it in high def.

It's not as funny in HD

Guru
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
That sequence is a bitch. Remember you can hide in the tree circles by running into them. My best advice is go to the first one, hop in when smokey shows up and wait for him to pass. Also, your character doesn't always face the same way when you come out. Then scout out where the next circle of trees and checkpoint is, run back and hide, then move to the one you just found. After 4 or 5, you'll be through.

However, coming back with the dynamite will be even tougher since you can't run. If you run....boom.

There's a decent walkthrough at gamefaqs.com that is more or less "spoiler free", which helps with the photography part of the game to unlock some extra achievements. If you're on Xbox360, that is.Shit, I have to come BACK with the dynamite?:eek: Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't turn you around when you come out of the hiding spot.

Guru
01-09-2009, 02:33 AM
Wargames. cool

Brock
01-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I REALLY wish AMC was in HD when Mad Men is in season. I've heard people talk of AMC HD somewhere where they watch MM, may spur me to torrent it. I'd be more than willing to have it on my Dish.

I have AMCHD, so you should be able to get it.

Baby Lee
01-09-2009, 08:49 AM
I have AMCHD, so you should be able to get it.

On Dish? What channel?