PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Michael Smith on 810 Just said...

Stanley Nickels
01-06-2009, 08:30 AM
New (unsubstantiated) rumor:

-Marty Schottenheimer as Personnel GM
-Jimmy Raye as co-GM (like Miami)
-Cam Cameron as coach

OH LAWD.

Thoughts?

Stanley Nickels
FWIW, he also called Scott Pioli "the prettiest girl at the dance" and said that his only question as to whether he would come to KC is if C. Hunt would match his price tag.

Sure-Oz
Isn't this an old rumor?

Stanley Nickels
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Isn't this an old rumor?

If it is, please delete or merge.. it's new to me..

Woodrow Call
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm OK with Jimmy Raye, **** the other 2.

penguinz
01-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Could be decent as long as Cam is told he is not allowed to have any say in the defensive coaches or personnel.

Baby Lee
01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Translator?

Done deal, serious talk, secretary prattle, hypothetical, just staving off dead air?

the Talking Can
01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
he threw it out as a rumor...i wouldn't read much in to it

he did just say that he thought Carl would end up with Miami in some capacity

Sure-Oz
01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
This rumors not really worth mentioning honestly...

No way those guys all come here, esp Cam as HC

Gonzo
01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I heard that they were going to dig up Lombardi and Gene Upshaw to come in and rebuild.

raybec 4
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
I heard that they were going to dig up Lombardi and Gene Upshaw to come in and rebuild.

Why Upshaw? Tom Landry busy?

Mr. Plow
01-06-2009, 09:06 AM
NOT JIMMY RAYE!1!!11!!!1

Zouk
01-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Horrible horrible horrible

Stinger
01-06-2009, 09:35 AM
NOT JIMMY RAYE!1!!11!!!1

I believe it was supposed to be Jimmy Ray Jr. not Sr.

TEX
01-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Out of that group I'd be least happy with Cam. IMO, he's one of these guys that is a better coordinator than a HC. FWIW, I'm not happy with anyone on the list.

Frosty
01-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I believe it was supposed to be Jimmy Ray Jr. not Sr.

Jimmy Raye III

DaWolf
01-06-2009, 09:51 AM
People have so little info on what Clark is doing they're going to throw anything up against the wall at this point and see if it sticks...

mikeyis4dcats.
01-06-2009, 09:53 AM
<object width="425" height="344">:cuss:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/skoPxPZmySs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

FringeNC
01-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Not as bad as Mark Dominik/Herm Edwards.

Jilly
01-06-2009, 09:54 AM
tired of rumors, when will we know something for sure or they gonna just keep dragging their asses until we miss out on all the good opportunities?

King_Chief_Fan
01-06-2009, 09:57 AM

ding ding....my thoughts exactly

blueballs
01-06-2009, 10:02 AM
he said this verbal diarrhrea
a week ago

Chiefnj2
01-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Smith is trying to stir the pot on a slow day.

RippedmyFlesh
01-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Can't put into words.
http://www.ac-nancy-metz.fr/enseign/anglais/Henry/throw_up.jpg

PhillyChiefFan
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM

dear...lord.

That would be a greek tragedy.

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Interesting.

Petro just said that Smith said earlier that if Clark was willing to pony up $5M per year for Pioli, he'll be the new GM of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Said nothing about Marty or the above BS.

Zouk
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Ever since I heard Pioli's wife is from Wichita - implying his family would be comfortable with the move - I've thought Pioli was a shoe-in.

the Talking Can
01-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Interesting.

Petro just said that Smith said earlier that if Clark was willing to pony up $5M per year for Pioli, he'll be the new GM of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Smith said he thought money was the only issue, that was his opinion not something that was coming from Pioli's camp..he threw out the rumor about Marty as an afterthought, I wouldn't worry about it...

The Bad Guy
01-06-2009, 10:56 AM
If Pioli wants 5 million, pay him.

FringeNC
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Interesting.

$5 million in today's NFL is chump change. If Clark won't pay that, this organization is fucked long-term.

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 10:58 AM
I'd rather have Ray Parker Jr.

Or dig up Sammy Davis Jr.

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2009, 10:58 AM

$5M doesn't seem like much when we were paying a semi-retarded HC $3M per...

Regardless, I hope Clark is true to his word and takes his TIME - and interviews everyone he wants to interview.

This franchise has a history of hiring the first person they talk to, and it hasn't worked out all that well.

ROYC75
01-06-2009, 10:59 AM
The new 3 stooges ?

blueballs
01-06-2009, 11:00 AM
5 million
and how much control
$64000

TEX
01-06-2009, 11:01 AM

Exactly. Maybe Clark can give him some of Herm's money...

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 11:02 AM
dear...lord.

That would be a greek tragedy.

ROFL

Can't put into words.
http://www.ac-nancy-metz.fr/enseign/anglais/Henry/throw_up.jpg

ROFL That was one shitty list of fly paper...

Ever since I heard Pioli's wife is from Wichita - implying his family would be comfortable with the move - I've thought Pioli was a shoe-in.

It's an intangible, but maybe the guy will bring some of that Local Pride we've been missing since Len roamed the field on his Stegosaurus.

Agent V
01-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I'd rather have Ray Parker Jr.
Or just Ray Park. He has sweet lightsaber moves. But maybe Pioli does too....

blueballs
01-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Rodney Harrison
Corey Dillion
Randy Moss - oh boy

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Or just Ray Park. He has sweet lightsaber moves. But maybe Pioli does too....

Oohh! Forgot that one. Maul Rep!

JASONSAUTO
01-06-2009, 11:07 AM
5 million
and how much control
$64000

give him all the control he wants IMO
money please

the Talking Can
01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Rodney Harrison
Corey Dillion
Randy Moss - oh boy

yeah, winning sucks

blueballs
01-06-2009, 11:14 AM
yeah, winning sucks

If only Spiderman and Vanonver
got Marty a ring

the Talking Can
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
If only Spiderman and Vanonver
got Marty a ring

that's why we're the Chiefs and they're the Patriots

FringeNC
01-06-2009, 11:17 AM

LJ is no choir boy, either.

blueballs
01-06-2009, 11:18 AM
If it don't work here
well just be the New Raiders
of the AFC West

Baby Lee
01-06-2009, 11:19 AM

Next Barry Word, or next Bam Morris?

EyePod
01-06-2009, 11:19 AM
yeah, winning sucks

Winning isn't winning if you're caught cheating. I still think they should take at least one SB away and ban Belichick from the NFL.

blueballs
01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
The coaching hire
would be HUGE

TEX
01-06-2009, 11:44 AM
If it don't work here
well just be the New Raiders
of the AFC West

We already are - we finished last. :doh!:

SCTrojan
01-06-2009, 11:44 AM

-Marty Schottenheimer as Personnel GM
-Jimmy Raye as co-GM (like Miami)
-Cam Cameron as coach

OH LAWD.

Thoughts?

I might have to burn Arrowhead down for this.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Why would the Chief go from a 6-26 coach to a 1-15 coach?

This report makes absolutely no sense.

Baby Lee
01-06-2009, 11:45 AM
I might have to burn Arrowhead down for this.

http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/milton/milton1.jpg

keg in kc
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Just when I thought I couldn't possibly care less about the Chiefs.

PastorMikH
01-06-2009, 11:53 AM
There's almost no news coming out of KC. If the big dogs can't get anything out of them - not even news about interviews, how does a localy only known reporter able to get all the potential hirings out of them?

I sure hope he's wrong though. Marty would be the least upseting on that list and I'm really hoping and think we can do better than Marty.

We'll never be great as long as we settle on bottom shelf personel.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Clark's quiet search must be driving those ESPN heads bonkers.

DaWolf
01-06-2009, 12:03 PM
There's almost no news coming out of KC. If the big dogs can't get anything out of them - not even news about interviews, how does a localy only known reporter able to get all the potential hirings out of them?

I sure hope he's wrong though. Marty would be the least upseting on that list and I'm really hoping and think we can do better than Marty.

I don't think Marty and Raye would be a bad combo if they can come close to replicating the talent that was stockpiled in San Diego, but hiring Cameron as HC would be like hiring Marinelli as HC. Rich Kotite was probably a superior head coach to both those guys...

Sure-Oz
01-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Interesting.

Heard that as well and we are the leaders to land him.

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 12:06 PM

I love it. I love the way he has been doing business so far. Give NOTHING away and play everything close to the chest.

Jesus Christ; it just dawned on me earlier that if he lands Pioli and we draft our QBOTF in the first round this year, this franchise has truly turned a corner.

Think about how off the hook things were when Marty and DT were in their prime. Now think about how things will be if this franchise FINALLY starts operating like a true NFL contender.
It's like going from a dud, no-name firecracker in an old bag of fireworks you never threw out, to a nuclear warhead.

Unbelieveable; we might actually be looking at a New Day.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2009, 12:08 PM
People have so little info on what Clark is doing they're going to throw anything up against the wall at this point and see if it sticks...

this

triple
01-06-2009, 12:13 PM

it's a combination of carl and the fans not thinking they deserve any better. they have football-related stockholm syndrome

King_Chief_Fan
01-06-2009, 12:13 PM

I can't believe that you don't think Athan has the scoop on this and is looking for the proper timing to charge $109.99 to read it.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
ESPN needs to get Ed Werder off of Valley Ranch and have him go to Thanksgiving Tower in Dallas to get a scoop.

EyePod
01-06-2009, 12:16 PM

That's how I know if my spaghetti is done!

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
That.

it's a combination of carl and the fans not thinking they deserve any better. they have football-related stockholm syndrome

Chiefshrink
01-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Precisely! Clark is going stealth and will remain stealth about his search and favorable choices 'until' someone is picked. There is alot of 'smoke and mirrors' (poker being played right now) and might I add "trial balloons" as well to get public opinion(remember it is about selling tickets as well). Clark is doing what 'McCain' did strategically keeping things totally underwrap and will surprise us all IMO with a great choice!!! This is not a political statement either ,just comparing strategical approaches.

lazepoo
01-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Could be decent as long as Cam is told he is not allowed to have any say in the defensive coaches or personnel.

Cam is a mediocre coach at best... I was at IU for the end of his tenure and he was just lucky that Randle El was such an athlete. You couldn't pay students to go to the games there. Just bad.

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Precisely! Clark is going stealth and will remain stealth about his search and favorable choices 'until' someone is picked. There is alot of 'smoke and mirrors' (poker being played right now) and might I add "trial balloons" as well to get public opinion(remember it is about selling tickets as well). Clark is doing what 'McCain' did strategically keeping things totally underwrap and will surprise us all IMO with a great choice!!! This is not a political statement either ,just comparing strategical approaches.

You had me until there. I just don't get where "great choice" is a good comparison in this instance, or any other instance for that matter.

EyePod
01-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Umm... McCain lost.... sorry but can't you think of a better example for a great point?

penguinz
01-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Cam is a mediocre coach at best... I was at IU for the end of his tenure and he was just lucky that Randle El was such an athlete. You couldn't pay students to go to the games there. Just bad.But he can run an offense. Maybe he could be the Chiefs version of Dungy except hands off the O. But if we were to do something like this I would prefer to have the Rat run our O and keep hands off the D.

lazepoo
01-06-2009, 12:56 PM
But he can run an offense. Maybe he could be the Chiefs version of Dungy except hands off the O. But if we were to do something like this I would prefer to have the Rat run our O and keep hands off the D.

I would like almost anyone for the job over Cameron. He seems completely overwhelmed with any more responsibility than a coordinator position.

penguinz
01-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I would like almost anyone for the job over Cameron. He seems completely overwhelmed with any more responsibility than a coordinator position.Maybe this changes with a good GM above him.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Maybe this changes with a good GM above him.

Somehow, I doubt it.

He's been a fine Offensive Coordinator for several teams in the NFL. Head coach doesn't appear to be his strong suit.

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 01:02 PM
For the last...fucking...time:

NO...RAT!:cuss:

Chiefshrink
01-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Umm... McCain lost.... sorry but can't you think of a better example for a great point?

Fellas! Read closely again! This is not about what your opinion is politically and how the election fared out. This is about the "stealth approach"! Which is 'ALWAYS' good.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Clark will make a good choice! Count on it!!

Woodrow Call
01-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I would like almost anyone for the job over Cameron. He seems completely overwhelmed with any more responsibility than a coordinator position.

This

Of all the names thrown around Cameron is by far the worst. He's been an epic failure everytime he's been a head coach. Hell is he arguably worse than Herm.

18-37 @ Indiana
1-15 @ Miami

Chiefshrink
01-06-2009, 01:07 PM
For the last...****ing...time:

NO...RAT!:cuss:

Precisely!

Shanahan is "not" a good GM that is what got him fired. The "umpteenmillion D coordinators" Shanny went through were his 'fall guys' to blame and his last 'fall guy' was Sundquist the "figure head psuedo" GM he fired at the beginning of the summer. I can almost assure you that Bowlen still wanted Shanny as his coach but told Mike he needs help making better "draft choices" and bringing people in who are not "yes people" who truly know how to build defenses. Mike didn't want that and now Mike is gone.

If we want the same issues Denver has dealt with these past 10yrs then bring in Shanny. Shanny is the best strategical preparer and playcaller for offenses "hands down" I agree. Yes it will be far more entertaining on the offensive side of the ball getting an average of 8-10wins a year. But there is the flipside of not getting to the playoffs because of consistent "poor drafts" which result in "bad defenses" regardless of what coordinators you have in there if we let "one person" call all the shots.

I really believe we have suffered the same scenario these past 10yrs as well just from the "GM side" of things. Do we really think that Dick didn't realize that we needed better D players in here so that our 2003-2004 runs could have resulted in potential SBs if we would have just had "mediocre D"s? Of course he knew, but I believe Carl chose not to improve our D side of the ball by either drafting bad or signing FAs on the cheap which cost us SBs IMO.

I don't want the "single entity" calling all the shots either in GM or head coach EVER!!

Chiefs Pantalones
01-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I was hoping Obama would be our GM, coach and QB. He is our savior and can walk on water. We should pray to him every night as he is our hope, our reason.

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Precisely!

Shanahan is "not" a good GM that is what got him fired. The "umpteenmillion D coordinators" Shanny went through were his 'fall guys' to blame and his last 'fall guy' was Sundquist the "figure head psuedo" GM he fired at the beginning of the summer. I can almost assure you that Bowlen still wanted Shanny as his coach but told Mike he needs help making better "draft choices" and bringing people in who are not "yes people" who truly know how to build defenses. Mike didn't want that and now Mike is gone.

If we want the same issues Denver has dealt with these past 10yrs then bring in Shanny. Shanny is the best strategical preparer and playcaller for offenses "hands down" I agree. Yes it will be far more entertaining on the offensive side of the ball getting an average of 8-10wins a year. But there is the flipside of not getting to the playoffs because of consistent "poor drafts" which result in "bad defenses" regardless of what coordinators you have in there if we let "one person" call all the shots.

I really believe we have suffered the same scenario these past 10yrs as well just from the "GM side" of things. Do we really think that Dick didn't realize that we needed better D players in here so that our 2003-2004 runs could have resulted in potential SBs if we would have just had "mediocre D"s? Of course he knew, but I believe Carl chose not to improve our D side of the ball by either drafting bad or signing FAs on the cheap which cost us SBs IMO.

I don't want the "single entity" calling all the shots either in GM or head coach EVER!!

The hiring of the Rat would be like a mass-infection of erectile dysfunction throughout the Chiefs Nation.
I would be SO uninterested in this team. And that would suck.

EyePod
01-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Fellas! Read closely again! This is not about what your opinion is politically and how the election fared out. This is about the "stealth approach"! Which is 'ALWAYS' good.

That was my point! I didn't put my political view in that post at all! I just stated a fact. McCain lost. And I believe that if you use losers in your examples that you make people have a negative attitude towards it before they give it a chance!

DT58HOF
01-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Cam is a mediocre coach at best... I was at IU for the end of his tenure and he was just lucky that Randle El was such an athlete. You couldn't pay students to go to the games there. Just bad.

it was IU, how is that Cams fault?
I mean seriously The football team has always sucked, and now who would want to play basketball there? they suck as well.

EyePod
01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
The hiring of the Rat would be like a mass-infection of erectile dysfunction throughout the Chiefs Nation.
I would be SO uninterested in this team. And that would suck.

Especially if you're Claythan (you were talking about how people think you two are the same in another thread)... cause writing about something that you're uniterested in would be a terrible job.

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Especially if you're Claythan (you were talking about how people think you two are the same in another thread)... cause writing about something that you're uniterested in would be a terrible job.

Word.

Stanley Nickels
01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
You make the assumption ESPN would report about the Chiefs, even if they did have information.

Woodrow Call
01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
it was IU, how is that Cams fault?
I mean seriously The football team has always sucked

So did MU, KU, Northwestern, Vandy, etc but GOOD head coaches turned them around. Cameron has shown no ability beyond being a good OC.

Stanley Nickels
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM

Michael Smith is one of the "big dogs", and I'm sure he's grasping at straws, but he's certainly not a locally-only known reporter.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2009, 01:28 PM
You make the assumption ESPN would report about the Chiefs, even if they did have information.

They wouldn't but since it's Pioli they would.

Stanley Nickels
01-06-2009, 01:33 PM
They wouldn't but since it's Pioli they would.

Excellent point.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2009, 02:10 PM
That was my point! I didn't put my political view in that post at all! I just stated a fact. McCain lost. And I believe that if you use losers in your examples that you make people have a negative attitude towards it before they give it a chance!

I used "McCain" to show how much he took the "majority liberal press" by surprise which pissed them off using the stealth approach. I see your point about "perception" but I used "McCain(regardless of winner or loser) to show how you stealth the media. Should have clarified better.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2009, 02:12 PM
So did MU, KU, Northwestern, Vandy, etc but GOOD head coaches turned them around. Cameron has shown no ability beyond being a good OC.

Same can be said of Norv Turner for that matter as well. Chargers will not make it to the SB Count on it!!

EyePod
01-06-2009, 03:07 PM

I did find out about Carl Peterson being fired from them. Granted I started watching a 2.5 hour movie right before it happened, played a game, and then finally found out by going to ESPN to check some basketball score and saw that he was fired right on the front page! I swear that chiefsplanet was my next site of choice.

PastorMikH
01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Michael Smith is one of the "big dogs", and I'm sure he's grasping at straws, but he's certainly not a locally-only known reporter.

I figured he was one of the local KC guys. I hadn't heard of him before for some reason.

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I figured he was one of the local KC guys. I hadn't heard of him before for some reason.

He actually has phenomenal contacts with the Patriots.

PastorMikH
01-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I can't believe that you don't think Athan has the scoop on this and is looking for the proper timing to charge $109.99 to read it.

Athan had some scoop info on Stoops before Herm was hired too. That taught me about trusting Nick's scoops

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 03:15 PM

Your sig; Clinton Red Tornadoes?

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2009, 03:19 PM
He actually has phenomenal contacts with the Patriots.

I would hope so with him being a Boston sports writer.

PastorMikH
01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Your sig; Clinton Red Tornadoes?

Yeah. It's the local HS football team.

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I would hope so with him being a Boston sports writer.

Teicher is a KC sports writer, and it seems he has NO contacts - at least that's what his shitty writing suggests.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Teicher is a KC sports writer, and it seems he has NO contacts - at least that's what his shitty writing suggests.

Teicher is an idiot and he is working for the Star, other than Whitlock and JoPo none of those guys could work at a major newspaper.

Dayze
01-06-2009, 04:19 PM
should this happen (which it won't), I'm 100% done being a Chiefs fan and switching to NCAA full time.

That's horrible.

NO Marty; No Cowher; NO prior Chiefs retreads.

Darth CarlSatan
01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah. It's the local HS football team.

They must have started pulling those State Titles when Woody Roof left Weatherford and headed to Elk City.

Douche Baggins
01-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I can tell you guys with 100 percent certainty that this rumor is 100 percent total and complete bullshit. I stake my reputation on it.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I can tell you guys with 100 percent certainty that this rumor is 100 percent total and complete bullshit. I stake my reputation on it.

That would be like a homeless man saying "I'll give you the deed to my house" if I'm wrong.

Woodrow Call
01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
That would be like a homeless man saying "I'll give you the deed to my house" if I'm wrong.

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2009, 04:38 PM

LMAO

Sure-Oz
01-06-2009, 04:38 PM

ROFL

the Talking Can
01-06-2009, 04:43 PM

good grief

he just threw it out there as something he heard, he didn't give it any credence...

pay attention people...fuck

The Bad Guy
01-06-2009, 04:44 PM
I just find it funny that WPI throws out bullshit rumors all the time. A REAL JOURNALIST throws one out there, that he says is unsubstanciated, and Claythan is all up in arms about it.

Douche Baggins
01-06-2009, 04:50 PM

Athan doesn't get his information from the Chiefs. He's working other sources.

Adept Havelock
01-06-2009, 04:55 PM

If that stake didn't have a negative value....

I just find it funny that WPI throws out bullshit rumors all the time. A REAL JOURNALIST throws one out there, that he says is unsubstanciated, and Claythan is all up in arms about it.

ROFL

BigChiefFan
01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
01-06-2009, 05:04 PM

Athan sucks, you know that.