PDA

View Full Version : Some random fan's 4 round mock draft...

Dicky McElephant
01-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Not mine. It's actually from the forums of NFLDraftcountdown.com.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28547

First off it wouldn't be a draft unless there were picks you disagreed with so keep that in mind. To the right of every pick I have a value so it can give you a sense of my big board, some might be off by one or two but no more. Criticize all you want but give me your argument. Here you go:

ROUND 1

1. Detroit – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma*-1
Bradford possesses NFL accuracy, intelligence and touch; he will provide the lowly Lions with a future pro-bowl quarterback and the cornerstone of their franchise.

2. St. Louis – Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi -1
It is no secret the Rams wanted Long last year, but this year they’ll get there guy. Oher has ideal size and the best feet in the draft among tackles. He doesn’t have weight concerns and he doesn’t struggle against speed rushers. (see selection 8).

3. Kansas City – Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia* -6
Although Thigpen has been solid this year the Chiefs have new management and Stafford can step in right away, even with one of the worst pass rushes of all time the Chiefs can find a solid pass rusher later on in a deep class. Stafford has the strongest arm in this class but his inconsistencies drop him out of the running for being the #1 overall selection.

4. Seattle – Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech* +3
With both franchise QBs off the board this selection becomes far easier. IMO Crabtree is the #1 prospect in this draft, he runs crisp routes and catches everything thrown his direction. Although he doesn’t have breakaway speed the NFL has proven that elite speed is no longer necessary as long as you can catch and run routes and Crabtree is elite in both aspects.

5. Cleveland – Taylor Mays, S, USC* +1
Mays is a freak, but unlike last years freak, Vernon Gholston, he happens to be an unbelievable football player, he hits like a brick and covers a ton of ground in the secondary, the combine will sky rocket his stock into elite status. The Browns could go a variety of ways but I feel Jenkins is too much of a reach here and that it comes down to Mays and Brown, it’ll come down to who grades out better.

6. Cincinnati – Chris Wells, RB, Ohio St.* =
Wells has quickly shot up my rankings; he has breakaway speed at 6-1 230 pounds and has the best stiff arm I’ve seen. The selection allows Palmer to ease back into the offence and keep the Bengal’s defense off the field which is always good. Even with Cincinnati’s needs on defense and along the line Wells is too good to pass up here.

7. Oakland – Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas -1
Orakpo is the most complete defensive end in this years draft and is very good value here, he addresses a need along the Raiders defensive line across from Derrick Burgess who really isn’t very good anymore. Orakpo is better value then any off the OTs on the board but with Al Davis the selection will be a mystery…..unless Maclin runs a sub 4.3.

8. Jacksonville – Andre Smith, OT, Alabama* -6
Smith doesn’t deserve to go this high but he’s a good fit for the Jags who have weaknesses all over the o-line. Smith is likely the most overrated prospect in the draft; he struggles with his weight and against speed rushers. Although he moves well for his size that’s not saying too much and I just don’t feel a future right tackle is worth this high a selection.

9. Green Bay – Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia -2
After a very disappointing campaign in the post Favre era the Packers look to strengthen Rodgers blindside. Monroe is solid in pass protection and can step in day 1. There are no defensive tackles that warrant this selection and I question Brown’s ability as a 4-3 end.
10. San Francisco – Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida St.* +3
One of my favorite prospects in the draft Brown has the quickest first step among defensive ends in the draft and has several very effective pass rush moves. He will be an absolute beast as a 3-4 pass rusher. For me this selection is a no-brainer for the poor 49ers pass rush.

11. Buffalo – William Moore, FS, Missouri -1
I don’t need to rub it in the face of Bills fans, after a solid start the Bills finished in classic Bill fashion. Once again they sit with the eleventh overall selection. With strengths at linebacker and running back and after investing a first round pick in a McKelvin a year ago this pick comes down to Moore and Gresham. I consider Moore a far superior prospect, he runs a sub 4.5 at 230 pounds and is a playmaker in the secondary that reminds me of Brian Dawkins.

12. Denver – Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest +2
With the top safeties off the board this pick becomes a lot easier. Aaron Curry is not the prospect many people view him as, he is likely a 4-3 Sam linebacker and just doesn’t blow me away. None the less he is a very good value here for a Broncos run defense that has been terrible for years and will help the run defense from the second he steps on the field.

13. Washington – Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia +8
Although not there biggest need Portis even after a big year is very injury prone and on the wrong side of thirty, Moreno is one of the most complete backs to come around in a number of years and is nearly as good a prospect as Peterson was coming out. Moreno is big enough to run between the tackles and can beat his man in the open field through a variety of moves or by running right through them. He is very good pass blocker and pass catcher that will keep him in on all 3 downs. Moreno is the best value here and if he falls out of the 10 he is a serious steal.

14. New Orleans – Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St.* +1
Jason David has been a major bust since coming over from Indi. Jenkins is the bonafide #1 corner and is tremendous in run support. The Saints have holes at both safety and corner and with Mays and Moore off the board Jenkins becomes the best value.

15. Houston – Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois =
Davis excels in every aspect of his game but has below average ball skills. With the top safeties off the board Davis becomes a value pick, if Dunta Robinson leaves via free agency this pick will make more sense.

16. San Diego – Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida* =
Spikes can do it all, he’s a great blitzer and is the best coverage backer in this class, better then Laurinaitis in my opinion. Spikes can take arid angles at times though and can disappear in run defense at times, there are no standouts in the interior of the Chargers line backing core. Tomlinson is ageing quicker then the average human being and is estimated to be about 40 now, but with Moreno gone it comes down to who the best 3-4 linebacker is and that is Spikes.

17. New York Jets – Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC =
J-E-T-S S-P-E-N-T A-L-L T-H-E-I-R M-O-N-E-Y O-N B-U-M-B-S and they couldn’t beat the resurgent fins. The rebuilding begins for the Jets, they select Maualuga and hope he doesn’t bust like that other guy, whats his name again? Goldson or something, anyway Maualuga is good value and right now is a wild card that could see himself be a top 10 pick or a second rounder in my eyes. He can pair up with David Harris and give the Jets one of the leagues better run defenses. Maybe next year…

18. Chicago – Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi* -5
Chicago builds around its defense and this year will be no different. Hardy is the best d-end available and will help a weak Bears pass rush. Hardy has a questionable motor and an injury history but when hes on his game he is one of the more talented players in the draft.

19. Tampa Bay – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma* =
McCoy has been a disruptive force for the Sooners this season and is a complete talent. The Bucs drafted a playmaker in Dexter Jackson last season and chose to overlook the defensive tackle position. McCoy brings instant stability to the interior line and helps a run D that was torched by the likes of the Panthers and the Raiders late in the season.

20. Detroit (from Dallas) – James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio St. +2
The rebuilding continues, as a Dolphin fan I know how it feels, but there’s hope yet, Laurinaitis is a perfect fit for the Lions, he is among the elite in pass coverage, is smart and a great leader that can be the quarterback of this defense.

21. Arizona – Jason Smith, OT, Baylor =
Smith is a prospect that I am unsure of, he doesn’t have the necessary bulk or strength to be a force in the run game but he is a consistent performer as a blind side protector. The Cardinals line can always use an upgrade and with no running back worthy of this selection the Cards make a value pick giving them two impressive tackles. Keep in mind on draft day a lot of picks will be head scratchers.

22. Philadelphia –- Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma* +2
Gresham runs routes and catches like a wide receiver and is no slouch as a blocker, LJ Smith has been very unimpressive this season and an upgrade is needed. It also takes pressure off of Desean Jackson in the passing game. Come draft day the Eagles will trade down anyway.

23. Minnesota – Eben Britton, OT, Arizona* =
Britton is an ideal blind side protector, he can step in at right tackle for Cook right off the bat and fill in for McKinnie when he’s serving his yearly suspension. Tavaris has earned another year at the helm for the Vikes and safety has been addressed making Britton a solid value pick.

24. New England – Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest -8
Poor Patsies, 11-5 and no postseason, at least you went 18-1 last year. Smith is a ball hawking corner that would be in the talk of being the top corner in this class if it weren’t for his height (5-9), regardless Smith helps an ageing secondary with little talent.

25. Atlanta – BJ Raji, NT, Boston College -4
It is no secret Smith preaches defense, they chose to pass on Dorsey a year ago but this year they get their clog in the middle. Raji moves well for his size and displays they ability to stuff the run and get pressure on the quarterback.

26. Miami – Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia +4
This pick has Parcells’ (weather he’s there or not) all over it. Roth is adequate at best and more of a role player, Sintim brings Phin nation a dominating pass rusher opposite Joey Porter and a player who can eventually take over for him. The front office loves pass rushers and the combination of Sintim’s value and need will make this pick a great success.

27. Baltimore – Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland* +2
Heyward has blazing speed at 204 pounds, if he runs in the 4.2s he will shoot up boards, he was underutilized at Maryland but his athletic tools are impossible to overlook. A corner could be an option here as well but DHB is better value here.

28. Philadelphia (from Carolina) – Ciron Black, OT, LSU -9
I don’t view Black as a first rounder but like last year offensive tackles are in high demand. The Eagles are old at both tackle positions and Black can play either tackle spot.

29. Indianapolis – Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi +3
The Colts don’t have many issues but they do have holes, the most gaping at the interior of the defensive line. Jerry is a very talented, very athletic and very big defensive tackle. Jerry will fill the void in the middle of that defensive line.

30. Pittsburgh – Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma -4
According to Mike Mayock Duke is only a 3rd or 4th round prospect which hurts his stock in my book. Duke is a perfect fit for the Steelers power run game and is a mauler in the run game. The Steelers have so many holes along the line that big Duke might half to play two positions.

31. New York Giants – Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers* +2
I am very high on Britt, he reminds me of TO and with Plaxico’s future in limbo the Giants need a big body wideout. Britt is a local product and although he might not run the best 40 time he runs crisp routes and has soft hands.

32. Tennessee – Percy Harvin, WR, Florida* -1
Every year we pick Tennessee taking a wideout, well this is the year, Harvin is a playmaker, he comes in and out of his cuts as fast as anyone and can become a bonafide number 1. The team that overlooks his injury history will get a versatile, talented option. Imagine Chris Johnson and Harvin in the backfield!

Dicky McElephant
01-06-2009, 12:19 PM
ROUND 2

33. Detroit – Alex Mack, C, California +6
Next in line for the Lions is some help on the interior, after getting a quarterback and a defensive quarterback the Lions get the quarterback of their offensive line. Mack is one of the top center prospects to come around this decade. He is a complete player and will help bring together the interior of a poor offensive line.

34. St. Louis – Brian Cushing, OLB, USC +3
Cushing brings versatility to the table, this pick is a no brainer as they get good value and a far superior OLB to what they currently have in Chris Draft and Quentin Colberson.

35. Kansas City – Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan* +5
One of the worst pass rushes in recent memory gets an upgrade here in Graham. Graham is an ideal 4-3 pass rusher and will immediately get lineman off of the likes of Hali and Dorsey.

36. Seattle – Max Unger, C, Oregon +1
Seattle gets a local product here, I like Unger because of his versatility and in the NFL very little is more valuable to a team then having versatile players. Unger has the flexibility to play every spot along the offensive line.

37. Cleveland – Michael Johnson, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech +1
Johnson is a freakish athlete but is yet put the tools to use. He brings huge upside to the table and will help an anemic Brown pass rush.

38. Cincinnati – George Selvie, DE, South Florida* -9
Selvie is a reach here and after an average season it is unclear weather he will enter the draft. Selvie is a little one dimensional as he doesn’t add much in the run game but with a Bengal defense a pass rusher is a must.

39. Oakland – Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri* -3
Al gets the guy he likely wanted in the first. Maclin is a gamebreaker but imo isn’t as polished as the guys that go ahead of him. His speed alone will likely have him drafted higher but I have trouble finding a spot for him. Either way Oakland gets a gem here and if they could block the combo of Russell, DMac and Maclin would be scary.

40. Jacksonville – Sen’Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn* -10
John Henderson has not been the same since the departure of Marcus Stroud. Del Rio is a defensive minded coach and Marks will present the Jags with a solid run stopper.

41. Green Bay – Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech +2
Harris’ short comings in speed are made up for in his ability to read plays and his ball skills. He provides depth in the Green Bay secondary and will be able to step into a starting role when needed.

42. San Francisco – Sean Smith, DB, Utah* +2
Smith has proven to be a great all around talent, he is versatile as he can play corner and safety and held up very well in the pass happy MWC.

43. Buffalo – Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma St. +2
Derek Fine is not the answer at tight end, Pettigrew is the most talented tight end in this class but will fall due to his checkered past. Pettigrew is good value here and addresses one of the Bills biggest needs. Pettigrew can’t stretch the field like some tight ends can but he is a solid pass catcher and a very good blocker.

44. Denver – Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama -11
Johnson is a walk on at Alabama and has proven to be a good playmaking safety, he isn’t the most athletic of safeties but he makes plays on a consistent basis and will fill in at a spot the Broncos desperately need upgraded.

45. Miami (from Washington) – Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan -11
The Dolphins have a hole at FS, Delmas is quickly rising up draft boards and come draft day could be the third safety taken.

46. New York Giants (from New Orleans) – Larry English, DE/OLB, Northern Illinois +8
Although English is not a perfect fit in the big apple it is no secret the Giants love pass rushers and that’s what English brings to the table. English plays to the whistle every play and is a high motor pass rusher, a potential first rounder would be a steal here.

47. Houston – Maurice Evans, DE, Penn St.* -2
Opposite Mario Williams there isn’t much help, Evans would provide instant stability to the LDE position and take some pressure off of the all pro Williams.
48. New England (from San Diego) – Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU -3
The Pats are slowly ageing along the defensive line and Jackson is a prototype 34 DE. Tyson would be able to work his way into the rotation and potentially move inside on passing downs.

49. New York Jets – Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina* +1
Coles is ageing and the only real standout in the receiving core is Cotchery. Nicks provides a big body receiver who in Brandon Tate’s absence stepped up big.

50. Chicago – Herman Johnson, G, LSU -8
Chicago’s interior line is very unimpressive. Johnson has a massive frame at 6-7, 351 pounds, he will help the open up running lanes for Forte and a team that should start to lean on the run game more.

51. Tampa Bay – CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson* +5
Williams continues to get injured and Graham is not a #1 back. Spiller reminds me of Felix Jones and could potentially sneak into the first round, he possesses elite speed and brings a playmaker to the Bucs backfield.

52. Dallas – Jamon Meredith, OL, South Carolina -11
The boys are solid at the tackle spots but lack depth, Meredith can play tackle or kick inside to guard providing the line with more options.

53. Arizona – Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU =
Phillips is a very underrated linebacker, he was the leader of a TCU defense that was one of the top in the nation and would be a solid addition to an Arizona defense who may be losing some backers to free agency.

54. Philadelphia – Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa* +10
Greene is coming off a fantastic junior season in which he rushed for over 100 yards in each contest. He is a pure power back and has decent speed. His value is very good here and a bruiser who could pair up with Westbrook.

55. Minnesota – Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky* +11
The Vikes have a very average secondary. Lindley has played elite products and held his own and is a steal here.

56. New England – Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin -1
The Pats always seem to have good pass catching tight ends, Beckum has added some necessary bulk and is a great pass catching option.

57. Atlanta – DJ Moore, CB, Vanderbilt* +12
A perfict fit here. Moore has the potential to be a first round pick and is a terrific value pick here. Since the departure of Deangelo Hall the Falcons have not had a shutdown corner on their roster, Moore brings a potential shutdown corner to the dirty birds secondary.

58. Miami – Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan -7

Although Fasano has done a fantastic job in the red-zone the Dolphins need a big body receiver to match up with the likes of Ginn, Camarillo and Bess. Barden is a big bodied receiver who can bring a touchdown threat to the Dolphins receiving core.

59. Baltimore – Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati -6
Samari Rolle and Chris McAllister are both getting older and more injury prone. Mickens can step in as a nickel back and fill in when they make there yearly visit to the IR.

60. Carolina – Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma +8
I’ve been very impressed with Iglesias this year and he should be considered the hands down top senior wideout. He runs crisp routes, catches with his hands and is physical when he has the ball in his hands. Jarrett has been a major disappointment and Moose is getting older and won’t be around much longer, Iglesias will be able to form a very formidable combo with Steve Smith.

61. Indianapolis – Devin Moore, RB, Wyoming -6
If Devin Moore runs in the 4.3s as projected he will shoot up draft boards, he may never be more then a scat back but Moore will give the Colts a thunder and lightning combination to the Colts backfield.

62. Pittsburgh – Evander Hood, DE, Missouri =
The Steelers line is ageing and although Smith is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the business, Brett Kiesel and Travis Kirsche are average and ageing, Hood will provide an instant upgrade.

63. New York Giants – Anthony Parker, G, Tennessee -5
Parker is a well coached guard that will provide solid depth between the best o-line in football.

64. Tennessee – Andy Levitre, G/T, Oregon St. -9
The Titans win their games in the trenches and Levitre has the versatility to play guard and tackle.

ROUND 3

65. Detroit – Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke

66. St. Louis – Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon +7

67. Kansas City – James Davis, RB, Clemson +7

68. Seattle – Nate Davis, QB, Ball St.*-1

69. Dallas (from Cleveland) – Clay Matthews, OLB, USC +15

70. Cincinnati – Emmanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina* +9

71. Oakland – William Beatty, OT, Connecticut +1

72. Jacksonville – Kevin Barnes, CB, Maryland -5

73. Green Bay – Connor Barwin, DE, Cincinnati +7

74. San Francisco – Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane +3

75. Buffalo – Cody Brown, DE, Connecticut -1

76. Denver – Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, LSU* -3

77. Washington – Trevor Canfield, G, Cincinnati +3

78. New York Jets (from New Orleans) – Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas St.* +3

79. Houston – Derek Pegues, S, Mississippi St. -3

80. San Diego – Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon -7

81. Green Bay (from New York Jets) – Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama +1

82. Chicago – Captain Munnerlyn, CB, South Carolina* +4

83. Tampa Bay – Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri -1

84. Detroit (from Dallas) – Louis Murphy, WR, Florida +1

85. Arizona – Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut* -4

86. Philadelphia – Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly -6

87. Minnesota – Ron Brace, DT, Boston College -11

88. New England – Eric Wood, C, Louisville +7

89. Atlanta – Kraig Urbik, G/T, Wisconsin -1

90. Miami – Phil Loadholt. RT, Oklahoma -1

91. Baltimore – Cary Harris, CB, USC +6

92. Carolina – Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech -2

93. Indianapolis – Sherrod Martin, CB, Troy +1

94. Pittsburgh – Fenuki Tupou, RT, Oregon -2

95. New York Giants – Zack Follett, OLB, California -7

96. Tennessee – Fili Moala, DT, USC -1

97. New England – Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio St. +9

98. San Diego – Pat White, WR, West Virginia +5

99. Pittsburgh – Darry Beckwith, ILB, LSU -10

100. Chicago – Mike Teel, QB, Rutgers -3

ROUND 4

101. Dallas (from Detroit) – Derrick Williams, WR, Penn St. +6

102. St. Louis – Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St. -9

103. Kansas City – Ryan Stanchek, G, West Virginia +3

104. Seattle – Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan St. -1

105. Cleveland – Deangelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati -15

106. Cincinnati – Jonathon Luigs, C, Arkansas +6

107. Oakland – Louis Vasquez, G, Texas Tech +1

108. Jacksonville – Marko Mitchell, WR, Nevada =

109. Green Bay – Eric Kettani, FB, Navy +4

110. San Francisco – Sammie Stroughter, WR, Oregon St. -8

111. Buffalo – Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin +10

112. Denver – Ray Feinga, G, BYU -2

113. New York Jets (from Washington) Marlon Lucky,RB, Nebraska +5

114. New Orleans – Marcus Freeman, OLB, Ohio St. +2

115. Houston – Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois -2

116. San Diego – Cedrick Dockery, G, Texas =

117. New York Jets – Kevin Ellison, S, USC +7

118. Chicago – Scott McKillop, MLB, Pittsburgh +5

119. Tampa Bay – Will Davis, DE, Illinois +4

120. Dallas – Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina -3

121. Arizona – Joe Burnett, CB/KR, Central Florida +2

122. Philadelphia – Henry Melton, DE, Texas -2

123. Minnesota – Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss. +1

124. New England – Dannell Ellerbe, ILB, Georgia +3

125. Atlanta – Darcel McBath, S, Texas Tech -10

126. Miami – Bruce Johnson, CB, Miami (FL) +1

127. Baltimore – Tyrone McKenzie, LB, South Florida -6

128. Carolina – Chris Baker, DT, Hampton +2

129. Indianapolis – Dorrell Scott, DT, Clemson =

130. Pittsburgh – Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia +3

131. New York Giants – Tim Tebow, QB, Florida* -1

132. Tennessee – Tim Jamison, DE, Michigan -2

Dicky McElephant
01-06-2009, 12:22 PM
FWIW.....I'd rather go like this.

1st round - Matthew Stafford QB
2nd round - Michael Johnson DE
3rd round - Feneki Tupou OT
4th round - Marcus Freeman OLB

OnTheWarpath58
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
If it actually played out like that, I'd be pissed beyond belief that we passed on Clay Matthews for a fucking RUNNING BACK, and I'd much rather have Luigs in the 4th and slide Niswanger to RG.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Don't we switch with St. Louis in round 2? If thats the case I pounce on Cushing.

Ceej
01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
I know we have much more pressing needs. But, I'm just curious.

What if a guy like Heyward-Bey slips to the 2nd round?

What are your guys' thoughts on him? When I watched him (every now and then, when they were on ESPN) he seemed to be a playmaker.

Again, I know we have more pressing needs but the thought of a guy like him who could compliment DBowe and Gonzo would help tremendously.

I'm not so sure about Franklin (yet) and I for sure have no faith with Darling.

Again, just being hypothetical.

milkman
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Don't we switch with St. Louis in round 2? If thats the case I pounce on Cushing.

I believe you are right, and I agree.

milkman
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Looking at this a little closer, if it played out like this, I'd go:

Matt Stafford
Michael Johnson
Clay Matthews
Jonathon Luigs

DrRyan
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM

Matt Stafford
Michael Johnson
Clay Matthews
Jonathon Luigs

I think this would be alright, but as I have said before, I would much rather have a DE than Stafford in the first round. If Stafford ends up a Chief I hope he figures it out instead of going the Jay Cutler "I can just throw it through the defender" thinking since he has a strong arm as well. But, if Johnson was there in the second that would make me feel better about taking Stafford. I like the Johnson and Matthews picks and if Alex Mack is not available in the second I would be fine with Luigs in the 4th.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 03:03 PM

Matt Stafford
Michael Johnson
Clay Matthews
Jonathon Luigs

Copycat.

:D

DrRyan
01-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Copycat.

Not exactly, I would still prefer not taking Stafford, but I am guessing the new GM(depending who it is)will likely go that route.

milkman
01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Copycat.

I'm smart.

I copy smart people.

:)

aturnis
01-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm smart.

I copy smart people.

:)

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/spike286/BROWNNOSER.png

PhillyChiefFan
01-08-2009, 11:37 AM

What are your guys' thoughts on him? When I watched him (every now and then, when they were on ESPN) he seemed to be a playmaker.

He is a playmaker and he could be a great addition to take pressure off of the Gonzo and Bowe show.

That said, I don't know about the 2nd round. We have so many holes to fill off the top of my head DE, MLB, OG, S, RB (if Johnson is dealt), QB, etc. that adding another wideout is like Detriot going with Michael Crabtree in the first.

Just MHO, but he is a great receiver. In the 3rd, I would say grab him, but I agree with you...dont' think he will last that long.

PhillyChiefFan
01-08-2009, 11:40 AM
edit: add center to that list also.

Chiefnj2
01-08-2009, 04:58 PM

Matt Stafford
Michael Johnson
Clay Matthews
Jonathon Luigs

Trade you Loadholt (RT) for Matthews and you have a deal. Clark can hire us right now, cheap.

Kyle DeLexus
01-09-2009, 02:38 AM

Again, I know we have more pressing needs but the thought of a guy like him who could compliment DBowe and Gonzo would help tremendously.

I'm not so sure about Franklin (yet) and I for sure have no faith with Darling.

Again, just being hypothetical.

I wouldn't mind this happening. Him and Maclin are both picks I wouldn't mind seeing, if a WR is the best value on the board we need someone with speed to compliment DBowe and TG(if he's still here)

Reaper16
01-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Maclin anywhere in round 2, for any team, has to be about as appetizing as sex.

Lono
01-13-2009, 09:12 AM
No crap, if Maclin is on the board in round two and we don't take him someone should be fired.

Ceej
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Whoaaaa now.

I was only mentioning Heyward-Bey because majority of the mocks have him going in the latter part of the first round.

On the other hand Maclin is projected to be an early-mid 1st rounder.

The likelihood of Heyward-Bey slipping to use seems alot more believable.

It was just an idea. If he was around with our 2nd rounder I would most definintely contemplate taking him.

milkman
01-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Trade you Loadholt (RT) for Matthews and you have a deal. Clark can hire us right now, cheap.

No trade.

I don't like Loadholt.