PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Come on Bradford! Get in the draft!

Tuckdaddy
01-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Lions take Bradford and we can get Stafford.

BWillie
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, you know it's a pretty good gig we have picking behind Lions. I wish we were in St Louey's position. Because you pretty much know the Lions will make the biggest mistake possible and pick the wrong guy at #1, which saves you from huge disappointment.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
You know, I'm glad you posted this.

I've been looking for some discussion on the topic.

beach tribe
01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
You know, I'm glad you posted this.

I've been looking for some discussion on the topic.

lol

bowener
01-07-2009, 04:36 PM
With Millen being gone, isnt it possible that the Lions will draft the right guy? Leaving us to make the $80 million mistake...

edit:

Oh wait, CP is gone, as will be Herm.

beach tribe
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
With Millen being gone, isnt it possible that the Lions will draft the right guy? Leaving us to make the $80 million mistake...

edit:

Oh wait, CP is gone, as will be Herm.

Lions hired from within. A guy Millen hired actually. I expect more of the same.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Sanchez as well, play the odds.

Direckshun
01-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Bradford is not what this team needs, and Stafford will likely go before him.

We need Sanchez to declare.

It's entirely possible he'll leapfrog Bradford and maybe even Stafford.

eazyb81
01-07-2009, 04:57 PM
No way the Lions take Bradford over Stafford and/or Sanchez.

It will be interesting to see what Sanchez does now. He could stay and become a lock top 5 pick for the 2010 draft, or he could come out and we could see one hell of a QB battle in the 2009 draft, with one of the three possibly dropping a la Rodgers.

Mecca
01-07-2009, 04:57 PM
If all these guys start declaring Sanchez best move for him is to go back, then he has 0 competition to be the 1st pick next year.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 04:59 PM
If all these guys start declaring Sanchez best move for him is to go back, then he has 0 competition to be the 1st pick next year.

Yeah, because I remember this time last year when everyone was saying that this draft class would be the worst ever.

Now, we're talking about 3 potential Top 10 picks.

Mecca
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, because I remember this time last year when everyone was saying that this draft class would be the worst ever.

Now, we're talking about 3 potential Top 10 picks.

They're all underclassman, would you like to guess what underclassmen are going to come out next year right now?

Stafford isn't a huge shock but Bradford being a RS Soph and at this time last year Sanchez had started all of 3 games.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:03 PM
They're all underclassman, would you like to guess what underclassmen are going to come out next year right now?

Stafford isn't a huge shock but Bradford being a RS Soph and at this time last year Sanchez had started all of 3 games.

Exactly why it's stupid to say he'll have no competition in 2010. None of us have ANY IDEA who may or may not play their way into a prime draft slot.

Just as a hypothetical, if you're told your a sure-fire Top 15 pick, do you go back to school and risk injury or a bad year to be greedy and POSSIBLY move up 10 spots?

milkman
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Bradford is not what this team needs, and Stafford will likely go before him.

We need Sanchez to declare.

It's entirely possible he'll leapfrog Bradford and maybe even Stafford.

Sanchez>Stafford>Bradford.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Sanchez>Stafford>Bradford.

I think so too.

Remember last year when all the so-called internet experts thought Brohm was the clear-cut #1 QB?

Then the scouts watched his film, and his workouts/interviews, and the rest is history.

I'm not saying that is going to happen to Stafford, but Sanchez has one blemish:

His lack of experience.

Otherwise, I think scouts are going to rate him higher than Stafford in every other category, tangible and intangible.

eazyb81
01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
I think so too.

Remember last year when all the so-called internet experts thought Brohm was the clear-cut #1 QB?

Then the scouts watched his film, and his workouts/interviews, and the rest is history.

I'm not saying that is going to happen to Stafford, but Sanchez has one blemish:

His lack of experience.

Otherwise, I think scouts are going to rate him higher than Stafford in every other category, tangible and intangible.

If Sanchez declares, I'll take that bet.

I like Sanchez and have him ahead of Bradford. But I expect Stafford will end up being the almost unanimous #1 QB by April.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
If Sanchez declares, I'll take that bet.

I like Sanchez and have him ahead of Bradford. But I expect Stafford will end up being the almost unanimous #1 QB by April.

How does being taken 1st = being rated higher?

I'm talking about actual NFL scouts. Not guys like Mayock and Kiper.

beach tribe
01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I think so too.

His lack of experience.

I'm really wondering, and worrying about Bradford's workouts. I'm not real sure he can make all the throws they are going to ask him to make at the combine. I really hope he can, and does.

Chief Roundup
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM

His lack of experience.

Hmm Less experience and a little more polished in the pocket. So basicly he has more upside becuase of his lack of experience really.

beach tribe
01-07-2009, 05:19 PM

I think Mayock is as close to a real NFL talent evaluator as there can be.

Kiper?? Not so much.

eazyb81
01-07-2009, 05:20 PM

Well there's no way of surveying every scout, so if Kiper, Mayock, etc. all have the same guy at the top, and Clayton, Mort, etc. report that teams have the same guy at the top, and that guy gets drafted #1, then it seems fairly clear that player was ranked higher by scouts.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Stafford is the John Elway type. The natural freak with all the skills. Sanchez is Troy Aikman like. The natural leader with all skills. Most scouts are going to take John Elway over Troy Aikman.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Well there's no way of surveying every scout, so if Kiper, Mayock, etc. all have the same guy at the top, and Clayton, Mort, etc. report that teams have the same guy at the top, and that guy gets drafted #1, then it seems fairly clear that player was ranked higher by scouts.

No, it doesn't.

It means the team that took him had him rated higher.

Clayton, Mortenson, etc don't report where TEAMS have guys ranked.

The War Room is like Fort fucking Knox to these teams.

The talking heads are expressing THEIR OPINION, not the teams opinions.

eazyb81
01-07-2009, 05:24 PM
No, it doesn't.

It means the team that took him had him rated higher.

Clayton, Mortenson, etc don't report where TEAMS have guys ranked.

The War Room is like Fort ****ing Knox to these teams.

So basically you were just throwing something out there that had no way of being substantiated.

Anyways, if Sanchez does declare, I have no doubt he will get drafted behind Stafford.

Mecca
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm really wondering, and worrying about Bradford's workouts. I'm not real sure he can make all the throws they are going to ask him to make at the combine. I really hope he can, and does.

He'll do a pro day workout and he'll avoid making certain throws or he may avoid throwing all together, he wouldn't be the first guy to do it.

Bradford can put himself in a position to not make himself look bad if he's smart.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
So basically you were just throwing something out there that had no way of being substantiated.

Anyways, if Sanchez does declare, I have no doubt he will get drafted behind Stafford.

Well, yeah.

It's pretty hard to substantiate a fucking OPINION.

I'm not the one looking to place bets, you were.

I just stated MY OPINION.

Mecca
01-07-2009, 05:26 PM

Scott Wright thinks people are down on Stafford due to senior-itis where a top prospect has been on the radar for so long people just start nit picking away at everything.

eazyb81
01-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Scott Wright thinks people are down on Stafford due to senior-itis where a top prospect has been on the radar for so long people just start nit picking away at everything.

That could happen, but I think his tools are too elite for anyone to pass up. Once he makes scouts drool at his pro day and the combine, he will be the unanimous #1 QB, IMO.

Gravedigger
01-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Stafford is the John Elway type. The natural freak with all the skills. Sanchez is Troy Aikman like. The natural leader with all skills. Most scouts are going to take John Elway over Troy Aikman.

Werd, if someone rates Sanchez higher than Stafford they are an idiot and enamored with USC football talent. I would take an Olineman or Maluaga over Sanchez if Stafford didnt fall to us, BUT LUCKILY Stafford will be ours!

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:32 PM

Or, it could just be that Sanchez doesn't have the warts that Stafford does.

When people speak of Sanchez, you don't hear words/phrases like "inconsistent", "accuracy", "footwork" or "questionable decision making."

If Sanchez had started the past 3 seasons at USC, it wouldn't be close, IMO. It's his one huge knock.

Mecca
01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Just telling you what he said, according to him he thinks Sanchez should be ahead of Bradford but Stafford is so far ahead of them it's not funny, that's how he put it.

milkman
01-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Werd, if someone rates Sanchez higher than Stafford they are an idiot and enamored with USC football talent. I would take an Olineman or Maluaga over Sanchez if Stafford didnt fall to us, BUT LUCKILY Stafford will be ours!

Sanchez has a strong arm, albeit not as strong as Stafford's, but plenty strong enough, is extremely accurate, both standing in the pocket and on the run, and is more mature and more NFL ready than either Stafford or Bradford.

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Just telling you what he said, according to him he thinks Sanchez should be ahead of Bradford but Stafford is so far ahead of them it's not funny, that's how he put it.

Between us, do you agree?

I know you'll catch heat if you say you don't, just because of the USC connection - but be honest.

beach tribe
01-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Or, it could just be that Sanchez doesn't have the warts that Stafford does.

When people speak of Sanchez, you don't hear words/phrases like "inconsistent", "accuracy", "footwork" or "questionable decision making."

If Sanchez had started the past 3 seasons at USC, it wouldn't be close, IMO. It's his one huge knock.

I also think that if he had started those years he would have more of a body of work for scouts to tear down.

Mecca
01-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I'll list off some of his quotes if you want to comment on those..

Question:You don't think he could challenge Stafford as of being a Top 3 pick, Scott?

No, he is firmly behind Stafford.

Like I said though, if I included everyone in my rankings Sanchez would be ahead of Bradford.

He has fewer question marks and just as much upside, if not more.

I really don't understand why people are so down on Stafford...

I guess he has a case of senior-itis, even though he isn't a senior. He's been such a highly rated prospect for so long that people are picking him apart and looking for negatives.

As much as I like Stafford I concede that in time Sanchez has the talent to be as good or better. Still, one year of starting experience is scary.

eazyb81
Sanchez has a strong arm, albeit not as strong as Stafford's, but plenty strong enough, is extremely accurate, both standing in the pocket and on the run, and is more mature and more NFL ready than either Stafford or Bradford.

What makes you think this in comparison to Stafford?

beach tribe

He doesn't have the starting exp., but he has been practicing against USCs D, and is 2 years older than Stafford.

EDit: That's why I think he will be better his first year in the pros, but Stafford ends up being the best QB of this class.

Sure-Oz
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Well i hope Sanchez comes out...werent we supposed to hear any day now?

Sanchez or Stafford please

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:42 PM

Question:You don't think he could challenge Stafford as of being a Top 3 pick, Scott?

Like I said though, if I included everyone in my rankings Sanchez would be ahead of Bradford.

I guess he has a case of senior-itis, even though he isn't a senior. He's been such a highly rated prospect for so long that people are picking him apart and looking for negatives.

As much as I like Stafford I concede that in time Sanchez has the talent to be as good or better. Still, one year of starting experience is scary.

No, I'd like to know if you agree with Scott Wright.

milkman
01-07-2009, 05:43 PM
What makes you think this in comparison to Stafford?

It's just an opinion based on the kind of composure he has in the pocket, and the respect and confidence he seems to garner from his teammates.

I also believe that Stafford's inconsistent decision making are due to a lack of maturity, that he'll grow out of.

People just seem to forget that he is still only 20 years old.

eazyb81
He doesn't have the starting exp., but he has been practicing against USCs D, and is 2 years older than Stafford.

EDit: That's why I think he will be better his first year in the pros, but Stafford ends up being the best QB of this class.

He's only 1 year older than Stafford, and Stafford has 2 more years of starting experience.

Mecca
Eh I think it's close, if we're drafting right now I think Stafford deserves to be the higher rated player, he's the one with much much more game tape to study.

He did what people said he needed to do this year to improve himself he's gotten better every year, I think Stafford at this stage is a better prospect not by a huge degree though.

Sure-Oz
01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
i thought sanchez was 22 and stafford 20

Mecca
01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
He's only 1 year older than Stafford, and Stafford has 2 more years of starting experience.

Isn't it closer to a year and a half? If you just glanced you'd think 2 since one is 86 and the other is 88.

Mecca
01-07-2009, 05:45 PM
i thought sanchez was 22 and stafford 20

Yea it's because Stafford was born in I believe February and Sanchez was born in November I think...Stafford just hasn't gotten to his birthday yet.

eazyb81
It's just an opinion based on the kind of composure he has in the pocket, and the respect and confidence he seems to garner from his teammates.

I also believe that Stafford's inconsistent decision making are due to a lack of maturity, that he'll grow out of.

People just seem to forget that he is still only 20 years old.

I can understand that point of view. My counterpoint would be that while he's still young (a month away from being 21), he has tons of game experience, and I don't think you should discount that much based on his age.

All things being equal, I'll take the younger QB with more experience over the older QB with less.

Sure-Oz
I like both QB's i wouldn't bitch either way, but i've been on the Stafford bandwagon for quite awhile...i'd think he'd be the 1st one to go, but i don't know.

milkman
01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Isn't it closer to a year and a half? If you just glanced you'd think 2 since one is 86 and the other is 88.

I can't remember with any certainty, but it was like 20 months difference.

OnTheWarpath58

Yea it's because Stafford was born in I believe February and Sanchez was born in November I think...Stafford just hasn't gotten to his birthday yet.

Exactly.

Sanchez is almost exactly 20 months older than Stafford.

OnTheWarpath58
I can't remember with any certainty, but it was like 20 months difference.

:cuss:

eazyb81

Yeah I just checked and you're right it's 1 1/2, but they're only 1 year apart in terms of when class. Stafford graduated HS in 06, Sanchez in 05.

Gravedigger
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM

And you can tell this after one year?

milkman
I can understand that point of view. My counterpoint would be that while he's still young (a month away from being 21), he has tons of game experience, and I don't think you should discount that much based on his age.

All things being equal, I'll take the younger QB with more experience over the older QB with less.

At the end of the day, I'd be happy with either.

I think they both have huge upside.

eazyb81
Exactly.

Sanchez is almost exactly 20 months older than Stafford.

Not to nitpick but November 86 to Feb 88 is 16 months, not 20.

eazyb81
01-07-2009, 05:48 PM

Agree 100%.

Sure-Oz

It'd be similiar to the Manning and Rivers comparisons if they both came out...and i agree i'd be happy either way.

Mecca
Yeah I just checked and you're right it's 1 1/2, but they're only 1 year apart in terms of when class. Stafford graduated HS in 06, Sanchez in 05.

That's what happens when you get born at the end of the year I can relate since I'm an October birthday, having to wait an extra year to start school.

milkman
01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
And you can tell this after one year?

When he's shown it all year long, yeah.

Sure-Oz
01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
That's what happens when you get born at the end of the year I can relate since I'm an October birthday, having to wait an extra year to start school.

Yep, september bday right when school started back in the day

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 05:57 PM

Between us, do you agree?

I know you'll catch heat if you say you don't, just because of the USC connection - but be honest.

No, I'd like to know if you agree with Scott Wright.

Not interested in answering the question?

Mecca
01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I did if you'd scroll up a little...

OnTheWarpath58
01-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I did if you'd scroll up a little...

Found it. My mistake.

Thanks for answering.

jjchieffan
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Come on now. Everyone knows that the Lions won't be able to pass on Crabtree (Millen may be gone, but his second in command took over) and the lambs will go OL. That leaves us Stafford if we want him.